• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks the vehicle controls are ass-backwards? It's so weird that they map flight controls to the right stick, and to fix it you have to tell the game you are left-handed. It makes no sense.

On console? Not surprised. DICE's vehicle controls have never really felt good, IMO.
I recall using really odd control combinations in BFBC2 and BF3 on 360. Lefty controls for helicopters at least, possibly with some other changes as well.

Podge293

Last day in America. Bought it on a whim. Home at 8am-ish. Will be playing at least 4-5 hours (don't wanna sleep when back to get to a normal sleep rhythm again).

I've heard very mixed things from friends, forums and reviewers

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just impulse bought digitally, hope I don't regret it. I was going to try and hold off on this for a while.

I did the same thing. I had some credit left over, so the price was just a little bit over $30. I was hoping I could play it with some of my friends on my list. I had fun with the beta even though I didn't get a lot out of the larger match.

I'm doing this so I can enjoy the other maps and it looks good.

jmizzal

Is there a code I am suppose to get to have access to Battle of Jakku early? My box says Battle of Jakku DLC access included but I dont have a code in the box

Am I the only one who thinks the vehicle controls are ass-backwards? It's so weird that they map flight controls to the right stick, and to fix it you have to tell the game you are left-handed. It makes no sense.

Yeah, it's fucking mind-boggling.

Should be in the OP, first thing you do:

1) Invert air vehicle controls
2) Switch to "Southpaw"

Anyone have a good way to launch this through Steam to get the overlay? I know about the trick of just pointing it to the origin.exe itself but I seem to recall someone somewhere having a solution that actually boots into origin just for the game and then exits it altogether once you're done.

I might be mistaken but I believe there is an option to have origin close when the game is exited. It's in the Origin settings. I think you set Origin to autolog you in and exit on game start, then point Steam to the game .exe. I think that's how I did it for BF4

5taquitos

I think I may cut out of work early today to play, can't stop thinking about the fun I had last night. I'll have to make up my time on the weekend, but I like my instant gratification.

What? I felt like the flying was horrible but this would probably explain things.

Definitely make these changes, it turns air combat into a completely different game (a better one).

Mindlog

Only took a second for me to adjust. My guess is they want you to easily be able to reach the evade keys while still flying. Makes sense.

Now not inverting flight controls as default... Barbarism!

I've been playing SP with a 360 controller on PC hooked up to my plasma and I think I'm starting to get used to it even though it's no titanfall with aim assist. Going to try my luck in MP to see how much I get my ass handed to me. I toned sensitivity down to around 5-8% because it was way too high right off the bat. Flying is already so much better than m/kb

5taquitos

Only took a second for me to adjust. My guess is they want you to easily be able to reach the evade keys while still flying. Makes sense.

Actually that's a good call, and definitely seems like the reason they mapped movement to the right stick. Still prefer southpaw though.

MrBlonde

I did the same thing. I had some credit left over, so the price was just a little bit over $30. I was hoping I could play it with some of my friends on my list. I had fun with the beta even though I didn't get a lot out of the larger match.

I'm doing this so I can enjoy the other maps and it looks good.

I only played the beta for a couple hours and I am not the biggest Star Wars fan but it was fun from what I played and watching You Tube videos at work today has sold me. Plus the split screen missions with my son should be good.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
love it so far just hit rank 12 my only complaint is having endor set at night in supremacy they ruined the best looking map by making it impossible to see anything map looks 500% better in walker assault but that map sucks for that mode it dosnt last long enough and is super unbalanced in the rebels favor

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I only played the beta for a couple hours and I am not the biggest Star Wars fan but it was fun from what I played and watching You Tube videos at work today has sold me. Plus the split screen missions with my son should be good.

Yes, two people from my work bought it. I was a huge fan many years ago, but outside of KOTOR and the Dark Forces I was really itching for a SW game to enjoy.

Ferrio

Banned
Played 3 modes so far (with all the maps in each?). Walker, Heros/Villians, Fighter Squadron. See myself putting a lot of time in Fighter Squad and walker, the flying is probably my favorite part of the game so far. Once you get down the controls, know how to avoid missle fire, and able to stick to your target it gets intense. Trying to stay alive the whole round becomes a good challenge.

Heroes/Villians was fun too, though emp was really good. Sheev going to sheev.

GravyButt

Wow heroes vs villains is super fun.

Ps: being stuck as a regular storm trooper sucked till I found the orbital strike and all the heroes bunched together. Baboom thank you very much! :)

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Is it possible that you cannot preload the digital PS4 version of Star Wars: Battlefront in EU yet? It just has the timer for me, but apparently not an option to download....?

5taquitos

Is it possible that you cannot preload the digital PS4 version of Star Wars: Battlefront in EU yet? It just has the timer for me, but apparently not an option to download....?

Are you sure it's not already preloaded? The timer is just for when it unlocks, and won't appear until it's been downloaded (I believe)

jackdoe

Supremacy matches can last a very, very long time. They probably need to work on that for the next patch. On the plus side, since the match was so long, I managed to go 80 and 39, with 19,000 points, so I managed to level up pretty nicely.

Boke1879

I think it may be my favourite game mode.

Evokes gaming of old.

It's definitely my favorite non objective mode of that makes sense. I see myself spending tons of time in WA and Supremacy but this mode will act as my "deathmatch" mode if you will.

Still gotta play droid ruin

Kingsora

Are you sure it's not already preloaded? The timer is just for when it unlocks, and won't appear until it's been downloaded (I believe)

No I just bought it, no way that my PS4 downloads 20GB in 2 minutes :p

Kingsora

Supremacy matches can last a very, very long time. They probably need to work on that for the next patch. On the plus side, since the match was so long, I managed to go 80 and 39, with 19,000 points, so I managed to level up pretty nicely.

I think that's actually a positive, I hate multiplayer games that have game types that only lasts for 5 minutes

I really don't like the flight controls. They are just so floaty and simplistic. I would have liked it if they used the jet controls from Battlefield (where you could actually roll).

I'm sure people will tear me up for this, but this is one of the worst mp games I've ever played. Played about 25 games didn't enjoy a single one of them.

I think that's actually a positive, I hate multiplayer games that have game types that only lasts for 5 minutes

1000 ticket Battlefield servers exist for a reason :p I'm with you.

I really don't like the flight controls. They are just so floaty and simplistic. I would have liked it if they used the jet controls from Battlefield (where you could actually roll).

Yeah, I really dislike how dumbed down they are. Doesn't feel much like you're in an actual star fighter when you can't maneuver logically.

I'm sure people will tear me up for this, but this is one of the worst mp games I've ever played. Played about 25 games didn't enjoy a single one of them.

What didn't you like?

MiguelItUp

Tear you apart? No. I just don't think the majority will agree. Personally I would never say it's "one of the worst mp games I've ever played", but that's your opinion and that's totally fine. I haven't received my copy yet, but I really enjoyed the beta, so I doubt I'll have any problems honestly. I'll definitely report back with my opinion when I get to play around with it.

oooooooh. I gotta try Supremacy. How does it compare to Walker Assault? Is it an objective gametype or just kill everything?

gossi

oooooooh. I gotta try Supremacy. How does it compare to Walker Assault? Is it an objective gametype or just kill everything?

It's basically Conquest from Battlefield, except with two objectives which move - basically a Conquest tug of war across the map. It's probably the best mode. Matches can go on for ~15 minutes and get crazy.

jackdoe

It's basically Conquest from Battlefield, except with two objectives which move - basically a Conquest tug of war across the map. It's probably the best mode. Matches can go on for ~15 minutes and get crazy.
Especially when you throw heroes into the mix. They straight up change the flow of battle and it's epic when two heroes clash on the field.

Everytime I load into match I get booted saying I've been disconnected from servers. I've tried all my other MP games and they are fine

jmizzal

Can you play with random people in survival mode? Like just hit play and team up with another person

yea its not looking like random co-op even in the training co-op missions

which sucks, what system are you playing on? I'll add you if your on xbox one

Also can anybody answer this for me
Is there a code I am suppose to get to have access to Battle of Jakku early? My box says Battle of Jakku DLC access included but I dont have a code in the box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom