• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but 4 big maps for a multi-player only game is downright criminal. Well, 5 if you count the ones coming up soon, but it's just another drab desert environment

This is pure torture for us EU peasants!

Still gotta wait until Thursday night before I can get a crack at the game.
EA should've had a goddamn global release -_-

Looking at pics of AT-AT's and stuff in this has made me crave a good Star Wars game.

I want a nice single player campaign though, what older game should I play to satisfy my urges?

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but 4 big maps for a multi-player only game is downright criminal. Well, 5 if you count the ones coming up soon, but it's just another drab desert environment
Hah, yeah I find it weird when people bring up Jakku DLC as if it's going to be a major addition. It really is just Tatooine. I'm pretty sure every planet that shows up in TFA is similar to OT planets, going by the trailers.

Bespin/Cloud City would've been way cooler, but I get that they need something to tie in with the film.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Looking at pics of AT-AT's and stuff in this has made me crave a good Star Wars game.

I want a nice single player campaign though, what older game should I play to satisfy my urges?

specific to star wars? i liked force unleashed :shrugs:

there are some good games in the jedi knight series on pc but i dont think they've aged well graphically.

Without a doubt. I'm actually enjoying the game. Yeah there is a lot of negativity around the release but I think its fun.

But the absolute WORST most CRIMINAL aspect of this game is the 4 big maps, for the modes most people are wanting to play. It should have launched with no less than 6, and honestly something like 8 would be more appropriate.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Already debunked, which is why I made a quick reference. Educate yourself, you'll be better off.

"the source is myself" ;)

I'll take your word for it though as i don't care enough to educate myself for a site I wouldn't go to for video game reviews. I guess forbes reviews average out to a 8.25 since the other forbes guy gave it a 10 in his video review.

Klocker

Game is fun as hell. Cargo is one of my favorite modes right now...

But man that fecking top blaster pistol. Screw that shit so OP.

can't wait to get mine

Dr Prob

Banned

Maybe Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast? Haven't played it in a long time but I imagine a not insignificant portion of it seeming a bit strange now, like seeing Fred Flintstone smoking cigarettes or something. And just from a gameplay perspective, aspects of it that were mildly clunky even back then probably don't hold up particularly well, but that's a Star Wars game if there ever was one. Don't think there were any AT-ATs in it though.

There were AT-ATs in Shadows of the Empire but you don't want to play that.

Bombad Racing it is!

UltraJay

How is the matchmaking on PC? It pretty much killed Garden Warfare for me. As long as I know I can get into games at all here in AU but also with good ping and hopefully people who speak English (which would definitely happen if I could just choose an Australian server) then I'm good.

It's just the big thing I am worried about.

Do PC players play with PS4 players, etc? Or is EVERYONE isolated on their platform?

derFeef

So I was in a WA match yesterday and the Empire was not attacking. So it was basically an endless match if I get that right? A player already hat 210 kills on the Empire side. Is there no time limit? Seems like an oversight.

Game is fun as hell. Cargo is one of my favorite modes right now...

But man that fecking top blaster pistol. Screw that shit so OP.

can't wait to get mine

They shoud limit the range on that, heavily.

Maybe Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast? Haven't played it in a long time but I imagine a not insignificant portion of it seeming a bit strange now, like seeing Fred Flintstone smoking cigarettes or something. And just from a gameplay perspective, aspects of it that were mildly clunky even back then probably don't hold up particularly well, but that's a Star Wars game if there ever was one. Don't think there were any AT-ATs in it though.

There were AT-ATs in Shadows of the Empire but you don't want to play that.

Bombad Racing it is!
Don't forget about the Rogue Squadron series, particularly Rogue Leader.

Pastry

Banned
So I was in a WA match yesterday and the Empire was not attacking. So it was basically an endless match if I get that right? A player already hat 210 kills on the Empire side. Is there no time limit? Seems like an oversight.

They shoud limit the range on that, heavily.

It's a bug, I've seen it happen also.

How is the matchmaking on PC? It pretty much killed Garden Warfare for me. As long as I know I can get into games at all here in AU but also with good ping and hopefully people who speak English (which would definitely happen if I could just choose an Australian server) then I'm good.

It's just the big thing I am worried about.

Do PC players play with PS4 players, etc? Or is EVERYONE isolated on their platform?

I mean its early days right now but I find PC matches instantly and they are totally full for basically every game mode. I'm pretty sure game must have sold very well on PC.

We'll see how legs are but as of now PC is packed

vixlar

I have a strange glitch, and I hate it:

After I return of using a ship with my controller, the keyboard setup tries to reset. But it not resets at all, as if it is not decided. It changes from my configuration to default configuration and back too fast. So sometimes I press a key thinking is my grenade, and it activates the upper card. It is really frustrating.

Dr Prob

Banned
Don't forget about the Rogue Squadron series, particularly Rogue Leader.

No doubt, those are good ones. Just that he asked about a campaign. I remember the RS games feeling more like a collection of arcade-style missions as opposed to a traditional beginning - middle - end type of thing.

No doubt, those are good ones. Just that he asked about a campaign. I remember the RS games feeling more like a collection of arcade-style missions as opposed to a traditional beginning - middle - end type of thing.
Yeah, I know, but he brought up the AT-ATs too and those games are really the goto for that experience. That and SOTE, but you mentioned that.

But yeah, that series doesn't have a traditional storyline driven campaign. I still think they are worth a mention though.

muggen76

Damn, i cant make up my mind regarding this. I did not have time to try out beta more than 10 minutes.

Im reading both positive and negative thoughts about it. I love star wars and the game looks stunningly beautiful. I love both Battlefield and Call of duty, atm im having a blast with black ops 3.

So to buy now or wait? Reading alot about lack of content for Battlefront at launch ?

Fighter squadron is so much fun. I wish the hero ships weren't such... tanks though. Give me a ship with half the HP but twice the maneuverability/speed and I'd be much happier with them.

derFeef

Thought about looking into The Old Republic? (the MMO?) The/your story is well told and you can get over the non-sub restrictions with a starter pack and enjoy it for 3 months.

Pastry

Banned
Damn, i cant make up my mind regarding this. I did not have time to try out beta more than 10 minutes.

Im reading both positive and negative thoughts about it. I love star wars and the game looks stunningly beautiful. I love both Battlefield and Call of duty, atm im having a blast with black ops 3.

So to buy now or wait? Reading alot about lack of content for Battlefront at launch ?

Yes and no. If you only intend on playing Walker Assault/Supremacy then yeah there is a lack of content. If you branch out to all the game modes you should be good.

Thought about looking into The Old Republic? (the MMO?) The/your story is well told and you can get over the non-sub restrictions with a starter pack and enjoy it for 3 months.

Nah I don't want to invest the time an MMO requires. Played WoW for years and that's the fill for my lifetime.

Never played KotOR though, might give that a shot some time soon.

But before that I might take the advice to pick up the Rogue Squadron games.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Anyone know if it's possible to enable look acceleration in PC for the game pad? Need it desperately for my comparison shots.

5taquitos

There are some twists on the classic formulas that are making this great, I think. The fact that only two points are ever open in Supremacy prevents stealth capping, as well as situations in which big groups are basically just circling the map capping undefended points. It was fine for Battlefield, but wouldn't fit the style of Battlefront.

Also, having the main sniper rifles as cards with cooldowns means no one is really sitting around sniping at 1KM all day.

Tadie

This game is so much fun. I loved the beta and I love the game. Okay, 4 Maps aren´t that much battlefields. Does anybody know when the first DLC will release with new maps? Maybe I will buy the season pass......

Pastry

Banned
This game is so much fun. I loved the beta and I love the game. Okay, 4 Maps aren´t that much battlefields. Does anybody know when the first DLC will release with new maps? Maybe I will buy the season pass......

First one is free in early December, two maps on Jakku. After that you'll need the season pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom