• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Right, to my knowledge it happens when both characters do a power attack, also parrying with the lightsaber is pretty useful. You can even reflect the emperor's lightening and close in with Luke's lunge and a few strikes before jumping away and running off to another point of attack.

Yep happened to me today as luke. Clashed with Vadar, then a "click the button fast as possible" QTE came up. I must of mashed more.

Liking parts of the game but not as a whole.

Hating the supremacy mode and nearly all the 40 players modes because the higher level players have such a huge advantage with the level up abilities. Not to mention its very chaotic with team members not trying to go after objectives/protect them. Why do people not pay attention when someone dies in front of them, bad idea to go out and get shot btw. :x Its also weird as hell how I hit people first with my blaster and they end up killing me while they hit me and I die in a few hits. (I guess I just need to "git gud") :(

Which is why Fighter Squadron is my favorite mode even though thats rebel favored mostly because of the X-Wing >>>>>> TIE fighters imho. The Hero ships are dumb but they can only do so much. I don't like how there are so many AI pilots though. Makes it harder to do dogfights and make sure you are staying ahead in score. Nothing more annoying than to break off a strafing run because an AI almost plows into you or decides then is the time to attack you. They should give all the ships speed boost because reviving and coming back can take forever. Giving shields to TIE fighters would make for more interesting battles though X-Wings with speed boost sounds ridiculous lol. I wish they would give more awards like ACE and Bullseye for kill streaks and good targeting.

What I would really appreciate is a 10 vs 10 Dogfight Squadron mode. Since its 10 added AI in the regular mode anyways, just get rid of them and put all humans. I wanna be top Dog and prove I'm the best pilot!!! The fights would be intense, the one guy trying to take down as many as possible or the teamwork where 2 chase 1 ship and shoot it down.

Heros vs Villains and Hero hunt is another favorite of mine though Hero Hunt is dumb because it requires you to be a kill stealer. They should change the condition of who becomes next hero to the person that did the most damage, not the guy that got the last shot in on the hero.

In Hero vs Villain, I wanna cringe every single time I see a Palpatine and Leia die early. They are support Heroes!!! PLZ stop charging into battle! If you don't drop their middle ability 2/3 times, you fucked up hard! Vadar and Luke should be picking up the HP drop asap if they are hurt. Also stop swinging like a madman and use the block vs each other. You stagger the other Hero that way and can use your special heavy attacks to do a shit ton of damage. Also for the love of god, if you are the last hero, run the hell away!!! The round only ends if you die. Make sure its the other guy that loses their heroes. Oh and lol at the Cave map for Boba Fett, so bad for his jetpack. Good thing his flamethrower is so damn good. Han's dash is ridiculous too.

Its fun to troll in Hero Hunt with the orbital strike, got an easy 2k score because the hero ended up in the strike lol.

Droid rush is a decent one but heavily favored for premade teams since its only a couple of people.

Drop Pods is a bit better since its defending a point.

Cargo is probably my 3rd favorite since the tide changes every second. Should be an option to continue carrying the package after your ally drops it due to getting killed. Otherwise everyone is always scrambling to stay 6/4 instead of getting to 10/0.

Blast is just the 10 vs 10 I wanted for Squadron. Its mostly for the people that like slayer match styles. I'm indifferent to it because I'm only rank 10 and still have to unlock the really good stuff.

There might be a mode or 2 I missed but thats pretty much my experience so far and I'm liking it overall.

derFeef

Hmm, I kinda want the character to be closer to the screen in 3rd person mode, it feels a bit disconnected.
edit: does the FOV change that? I did not try.

ValeYard

Anyone have any good controller configurations for the Xbox Elite controller? Maybe it would be cool to have one config for on foot and one for ships?

LordRaiden

Neo Member
Basically. The speeders on Endor function like traditional Battlefield vehicles (in that you walk up to one and mount it), but everything else is a powerup. Run through the icon, activate the powerup, and spawn into the map as it.
Seriously? Man, I kinda hoped you could run up to an Xwing/ TIE Fighter, grab it and go, just like battlefield...

Why didn't they design this like BF? But with a Star Wars casing around it?

I was kinda hoping to sneak into an enemy base, grab a walker/fighter and get the hell out.

But this is..........VERY basic.

I'll pass.

CoLaN

I'm not sure how i feel about the power-ups style vehicles, heroes etc... Basically people at the top of the scoreboard just camp them, i tried that "playstyle" and i got bored quickly. Sure you get a lot of kills, but i prefer infantry gameplay

Is anyone sick of the same maps already? I'm really scared that 4/5 maps will get old quick.

I was cycling mainly Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Blast with a friend earlier, and didn't really get tired of the maps. There's a ton of maps in Blast, for instance. Though I see how players who are only interested in the 20v20 modes could get tired quickly.

slash3584

I'm not sure how i feel about the power-ups style vehicles, heroes etc... Basically people at the top of the scoreboard just camp them, i tried that "playstyle" and i got bored quickly. Sure you get a lot of kills, but i prefer infantry gameplay

Yeah to be honest I kind of hate this kind of mentality in these type of games.

Like in Battlefield when people grab helicopters just to get faster to a point and parachute down to capture it, crashing the helicopter and any sense of immersion with it.

The teams I've been on in the 20 team modes have all been utter trash.

No, I'm asking. I'm only interested in the 20v20 modes and I was wondering if people got tired of the very few maps already. It's been out for like a week on Xbox One with EA Access.

For what it's worth , I put around 20 hours into one map in the beta and love every second of it.

deadduck

Yeah to be honest I kind of hate this kind of mentality in these type of games.

Like in Battlefield when people grab helicopters just to get faster to a point and parachute down to capture it, crashing the helicopter and any sense of immersion with it.

At least they capture a point, unlike the other guy just spawn killing in a chopper with 60 kills on the losing side because no one captured.

Is anyone sick of the same maps already? I'm really scared that 4/5 maps will get old quick.

As long as the maps are decent I don't think it's an issue for me. I played 24/7 servers for Strike at Karkand on BF2 and Facing Worlds on UT2k4 and never got bored. Although those maps are the GOAT so I dunno.

For what it's worth , I put around 20 hours into one map in the beta and love every second of it.

As long as the maps are decent I don't think it's an issue for me. I played 24/7 servers for Strike at Karkand on BF2 and Facing Worlds on UT2k4 and never got bored. Although those maps are the GOAT so I dunno.

I have over 500 hours into Operation Metro alone, but yeah..

desu

Would love to do that, but as there is no server browser and no custom playlists with a single map you're forced to play them all (or quit and find a new game all the time).

Endor<3
23085563256_5f9f7d277e_o.png
Sorry for the spam!
More here!

Yay just got my copy in the post! How do I know if I got battle of jakku 1 week early? I didn't receive any codes, just the slips mentioning jakku, the season pass and the companion app

The game isn't helpful in alleviating that problem. Auto balance and team scramble would have been nice. Communication beyond emotes also would help in telling people to stop deathmatching everything and do the objectives.

bombshell

How high are the chances that DICE adds a server browser and a proper squad mechanic? I think they need to do this.

I will say that there's probably a better chance for a server browser than big changes to the partner system, as that will alter the game balance.

jeemer

I'm loving Palpatine. I get that he's supposed to be support but I find 2/3 of people playing heroes and villians are still running straight towards the centre of the map to die. I like sneaking around back routes with Palpatine and flanking enemies. I killed Luke and Leia last night within 10 seconds and I could feel myself sneering as I used the force lightning. So awesome. He can also escape awkward situations quite quickly with the psycho crusher and then heal himself like a rat.

It makes me genuinely happy to see more and more positive posts instead of all the one liner drivebys over the last few days, lamenting minor features we've known about for weeks.

I'm not usually one to call for rebalancing, but unless I'm missing something Walker Assault on Endor needs a little tweaking. Still 3 points but only one walker? I saw it almost go down on the first point on my first game! I'm not mad though.

Impact detonator or Thermal detonator? Why?

I love the impact detonator. The fuse on the thermal is too long and I don't think(?) you can cook em. I got a bunch of impact kills yesterday. I'm also grinding levels so I'm currently running both impact and thermal. Flush em out with the thermal and then an impact to the face!

In regular Battles, press the D-pad up to make your AI allies ‘search and destroy’ and D-pad right to ‘follow player’

Anyone know the pc equivalent for this? Not tried the battles yet but it might come in handy when I do.

So we can't host dedicated servers (PC)?

Nope. My only real gripe.

Why is the soundstage so lackluster?

Just when I thought people had run out of things to complain about. Whaaaa?

Dat feeling when there is a ATST out on the field and all your allies revive with thermals and pulse rifles....... >.<^ People there are 2 card loadouts for a reason.

texture quality and the clovers scream PC :D

I thought texture quality was the same?

Otherwise, some fuzziness is still evident so that is why I asked. Otherwise, it looks great but when this type of complex natural environment is shown in daylight (particularly without the shininess that rain brings), it is still obvious that graphics have a long way to go to really capture realism.

Still, looks really impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom