• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played the game for a few hours on ps4 and am really enjoying it. Played mostly death match (blast?) and really liked the maps. I really like the simplicity of the game and hope that it thrives.

antonz

I apologize for probably having been on your team. I was barely scraping 1:1 most games, and some getting down in the 4-9 when you could tell the other team was coordinated.

Then I started playing fighter squadron or whatever, and never had a game where I wasn't in first place, and would go 20k-15a-1d on a regular basis.

Btw the empire is severely outgunned in that mode. The interceptor and regular tie fighter get eaten alive.
The shielding ability is a huge advantage for the rebels. The Falcon can basically take 0 damage with it. Falcon shield then ram slave one = 3% damage to falcon and killed slave one plus 6000 points for killing slave one

Delio

Loving the game but i'm getting the same vibe as all other FPS games I play...which is I will never be good and this game will not cater to casual fps gamers.

Yeah it's pretty clear I'm not going to be as good as most of these people. Ah well the game will be a random jump in and play when I have an itch game. Fighter Squadron is a lot of fun tho so yay :)

Tawpgun

The shielding ability is a huge advantage for the rebels. The Falcon can basically take 0 damage with it. Falcon shield then ram slave one = 3% damage to falcon and killed slave one plus 6000 points for killing slave one

Yeah this game is really fun but it feels like they spent NO time balancing it.

Tawpgun

The beta also suffered from

1. People didn't know wtf they were doing

2. You couldn't spawn with Ion grenades or Ion Torpedos.

Now we can. And now Walkers go down super easy.

I honestly couldn't care less if I win or lose in this game(or any fps, really). I just run around shooting stuff for fun. I'm actually winning firefights most of the time in this game, unlike games like cod

JDHarbs

Has anyone run into an issue in Walker Assault where they can't use Orbital Strikes on Walkers? I tried doing this tonight and the icon just turned red when I tried to place my strike on the AT-AT.

I know this was kind of OP in the beta, but it seems odd that they would remove it completely. Lowering the damage would've been better.

If someone told me this was real gameplay before I played it on my own PC I would have called them a liar.

Game is beautiful OMG

22715439759_d3b7344c48_h.jpg

23093912252_47d4d4258b_h.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm super glad I kept my Amazon pre-order. I didn't play the beta and some of the reactions (plus the Season Pass price in Canada..) were giving me doubts, but I had a ton of fun tonight. I basically when from being one of the 4-17 scrubs to solid 20-10 by the end of the night playing Supremacy. Jumping into a walker whenever I had the chance helped the k/d quite a bit.

Has anyone run into an issue in Walker Assault where they can't use Orbital Strikes on Walkers? I tried doing this tonight and the icon just turned red when I tried to place my strike on the AT-AT.

I know this was kind of OP in the beta, but it seems odd that they would remove it completely. Lowering the damage would've been better.

You have to place the marker on the floor in front of the walker. They also nerfed the damage and instead of it doing the incredible damage it did before it does about 10% now. Still good but not a big deal.

FTF

Just played for about 2 hours and had a lot of fun. Drop Zone and Fighter Squadron are easily my favorite modes so far, with Blast next.

PS4 version and it ran flawlessly. Most impressive indeed. And the graphics and sound are pretty damn amazing.

RyudBoy

I suck so much at large scale objective games but do quite well at Blast and Drop Zone. I place first like every time in those two.

5taquitos

You can wreck Fett pretty quickly if you manage to get behind him.

I'm also loving the Jawa blaster on close maps, it's pretty much like a shotgun.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Walker Assault is good for "Star Wars Moments" and that's about it. It's a mode that could have been something more, but is instead busted in balance and bland in design.

I'll give supremecy a crack shortly.

BHK3

Banned
Luke is such OP horseshit on Hoth. Nothing but empty hallways that eventually spawn entire masses of people that luke can just run in mashing square and getting 8 kills with minimal damage because LOL GRENADE DETECTION

This is truthfact. Supremacy is much much better than Walker Assault
everyone i played with runs by control points. At least walker assault I don't feel totally useless if do an objective, hell there was a match where all I did was shoot down y-wings.
So far my time in Supremacy has been spawn, homing missile die, spawn, homing missile, die. Then rinse and repeat that for about 10 minutes.

same, except with me its usually pulse cannons

hawk2025

The details on the OT are kind of hard to follow, so if someone could help --

How does the card system work, precisely? Are there any consumable cards at all, or are they all unlockable + upradeable with no worries about consuming them and needing new ones of the exact same thing?

I'm so, so burned out on consumable card nonsense after the barrage of Garden Warfare -> Titanfall -> Halo 5 -> Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's like the vast majority of Xbox One games I've played have some sort of gatcha mechanic that annoys the crap out of me.

I hate, hate, hate this new trend of common/rare/legendary/whatever-the-fuck consumables that just add stress and annoyance to my multiplayer experience.

5taquitos

The details on the OT are kind of hard to follow, so if someone could help --

How does the card system work, precisely? Are there any consumable cards at all, or are they all unlockable + upradeable with no worries about consuming them and needing new ones of the exact same thing?

I'm so, so burned out on consumable card nonsense after the barrage of Garden Warfare -> Titanfall -> Halo 5 -> Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I hate, hate, hate this new trend of common/rare/legendary/whatever-the-fuck consumables that just add stress and annoyance to my multiplayer experience.

There are a handful of cards (4?) that come as Charges. You spend a charge to use it. You can pick up charges on the battlefield. You can't buy them with real money, and they're an incredibly minor part of the game.

Everything else is permanent.

hawk2025

There are a handful of cards (4?) that come as Charges. You spend a charge to use it. You can pick up charges on the battlefield. You can't buy them with real money, and they're an incredibly minor part of the game.

Everything else is permanent.

Ok, but you still have the *card* itself, it's jus that it needs to be charged in game through collectibles?

Everything else are permanent modifiers? How many total are we talking about, 50+? Maybe I can handle it.

I know this sounds petty and overreactive, by the way :( But the shoehorning in Tomb Raider was just the straw that broke the camel's back IMO.

Ferrio

Banned
Basically cards are items that have a global amount of uses that's shared across all your matches. Like it's nothing to be concerned about.

The balance issues will be ironed out I'm sure.

They really just need to adjust some of the spawns for the uplinks. If the rebels were a bit further away or the imperials a but closer you wouldn't notice it much.

5taquitos

Ok, but you still have the *card* itself, it's jus that it needs to be charged in game through collectibles?

Everything else are permanent modifiers? How many total are we talking about, 50+? Maybe I can handle it.

I know this sounds petty and overreactive, by the way :( But the shoehorning in Tomb Raider was just the straw that broke the camel's back IMO.

So all the cards like the Cycler Rifle and Thermal Detonators are permanent, and operate ingame in a cool down timer. There are a few Charges, such as Ion Shots, that take a charge every time you use it to boost your main gun. You can pick up single charges on the map, or spend your earned credits to buy packs of 10 charges for about what you make on a bad round.

I don't even use any of the charge cards, and I still clean up.

Yeah I see a major nerf inc on that DL-44. You can pick people off at long range with that thing. It seems like it has no damage drop off at range.

I'm loving it so far. Is it arcadey? Yes. Cheesy? Yes. Simple? Yes.

But it's also beautiful, runs great, and has some of the best Star Wars-feels in years. As a huge Star Wars fan who has played a ton of the games I'm more than satisfied. I definitely went into it with expectations that match the final product so that helped too.

Hope some of you guys are having fun too!

hawk2025

So all the cards like the Cycler Rifle and Thermal Detonators are permanent, and operate ingame in a cool down timer. There are a few Charges, such as Ion Shots, that take a charge every time you use it to boost your main gun. You can pick up single charges on the map, or spend your earned credits to buy packs of 10 charges for about what you make on a bad round.

I don't even use any of the charge cards, and I still clean up.

Hmm, ok, sounds manageable enough.

Thanks for the answer by the way :)

5taquitos

『Inaba Resident』;185890844 said:
Heroes vs Villains is amazing.

Agreed, one of the best multiplayer modes I've played in a long time, I can see myself spending most of my time playing it and Supremacy.

egocrata

Banned
This game on PC looks just stupidly good. On 1080p with everything on ultra there are moments it really feels you are there. It is just incredible how crisp and detailed it looks.

I am really loving the variety of game modes. Played Walker Assault, Squadron, Blast and Heroes today, and had a fantastic time in all four. The maps are varied enough that I don´t think I will get bored.

My 970 hasn´t been this happy in a long while. 17 hours so far, between the demo and the full game. So far, my favorite FPS since Bad Company 2.

Grassy

Game desperately needs to switch sides after a win and scramble on map change

Absolutely, I mentioned this earlier. The problem is nearly every game I've played has had one stacked team, and everyone just ends up quitting on the team getting spanked.
I saw someone go 64-0 on Tatooine in Supremacy this morning...it's fun when you're on the winning side of course :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom