• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MrDaravon

It really depends on the level design though.

Hopefully, 16 v 16 plays good.

I think they can totally make 16v16 work, but given what a mess the playlists already are adding maps/modes that add a completely new playercount seems like a unnecessary headache, especially given that somewhere down the line one would hope they finally have a playlist that includes all DLC etc.

Really like what I'm hearing and seeing so far!
16v16 dropzone
<3

Not liking the streamer though, what a scrub. I know he has to show all the new stuff and such, but you can play the objective while doing so can't you?

MADGAME

Here are the takeaways I got from the stream that we didn’t already know, for the most part.

Game Modes
Sabotage
  • Rebels need to blow up 3 generators
  • Rebels attack for phase 1
  • Phase 2 Rebels fall back to escape transport
  • Rebels get 4 Hero pickups in phase 1
  • Rebels get 4 Hero pickups in phase 2

Fighter Squadron
  • 16v16, included Cloud Car
  • Rounds are now first to 400 (up from 200)
  • Cover exists in the map – floating platforms to fly around/through
  • Map is f'n beautiful

Heroes
Lando Calrissian
  • Lando can use a trap that places what appears to be a pickup on the map, but it is a shock trap. This also removes Lando from the map.
  • The more hits he lands on enemies, the higher his critical chances are for damage.
  • Risk reward choice – rapid fire vs higher damage?

Dengar
  • Was he even in the stream??

Weapons
X-8 Sniper Pistol
  • Long range pistol with night vision

EE-4
  • Short to medium range
  • Fires 2 bursts

Cloud Car
  • Has lock-on jammer like T-47 Airspeeder
  • Has a concussion missle
  • Available to both Imps and Rebels
  • Will be available in Fighter Squadron
  • Fastest vehicle in the game
  • Only available on Bespin

Star Cards
Shock Grenade
  • Does not do damage, creates stun radius
  • If stunned, button mashing can get you out of it
Scount Binoculars
  • Tags multiple enemies, you will get points if teammates kill a tagged player

General Info/Changes/Patch Items
  • Both Star Card hands can have a trait card
  • Cloud City Wing Guard Level 70 Unlock
  • Shock Trooper Level 70 Unlock
  • Bespin Star Cards are support themed
  • Implementing elements to encourage partners to stick together. If within 20 meters of partner, Star Card cooldowns are faster.
  • Balance to Rebel Shields in Fighter Squadron – using shields reduces power to lasers. Can’t increase laser power when shield active
  • Working on more Fighter Squadron objectives, aware people want Capital Ships and Destroyers
  • Future expansion will have some dark lighting settings
  • Custom map rotation for private matches
  • They realize Jump Pack is most popular Star Card and will factor into map design going forward
  • End of round screen updated – shows kills, explosive kills, objective score, charges used and star cards used
  • Quicker load into next game
  • Drop Zone in Bespin drop 3 at a time
  • Buff to Bowcaster – tighter blast spread, more useful especially in close quarters. Shoots in a diamond shape instead of a straight line
  • Scan Pulse – now sends out multiple pulses in 2 second intervals, after each intervals highlighted enemies disappear
  • More Imperial customizations coming
  • Score log has been tweaked and position slightly adjusted
  • Will not see health bar of teammates (other than your partner), unless they are taking damage (helps keep playscreen less cluttered)
  • When you get a kill assist, it will now show the player name that you assisted in killing
  • Can now see all friendly hero positions on map along with health
  • Can deactivate charge cards
  • Nerf to Explosive Shot – overheating will occur twice as fast

Just awful stream.

No Dengar and zero response to chat questions even though people were donating money.

And no info on offline content. I guess they lied...

Wow the Star Wars HQ guys really botched up that stream... So much potential for an awesome hour that was sadly wasted. They needed to shut up more and let Dennis talk. I was actually getting irritated by how much they were saying "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS MAP/WEAPON?? TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS!!"

Also, they really can't play that well at all. While I think players of all experience levels should obviously be able to enjoy the game, we really need some quality players to help showcase these DLC packs on live streams. Jackfrags was much better in this respect. I mean, the Star Wars HQ guys practically ruined Lando's time to shine on the stream. You don't have to immediately run to enemy spawns every single time you spawn guys... Especially not through the middle of the map. Use some damn cover and be aware of your surroundings. Sigh.

Ozorov

Yeah, I thought they would be good hosts, but nah.

Either way - Bespin looks amazing. And Nerf to Explosive Shot – overheating will occur twice as fast. Fuck yeah

Ozorov

Here are the takeaways I got from the stream that we didn’t already know, for the most part.

Game Modes
Sabotage
  • Rebels need to blow up 3 generators
  • Rebels attack for phase 1
  • Phase 2 Rebels fall back to escape transport
  • Rebels get 4 Hero pickups in phase 1
  • Rebels get 4 Hero pickups in phase 2

Fighter Squadron
  • 16v16, included Cloud Car
  • Rounds are now first to 400 (up from 200)
  • Cover exists in the map – floating platforms to fly around/through

Heroes
Lando Calrissian
  • Lando can use a trap that places what appears to be a pickup on the map, but it is a shock trap. This also removes Lando from the map.
  • The more hits he lands on enemies, the higher his critical chances are for damage.
  • Risk reward choice – rapid fire vs higher damage?

Dengar
  • Was he even in the stream??

Weapons
X-8 Sniper Pistol
  • Long range pistol with night vision

EE-4
  • Short to medium range
  • Fires 2 bursts

Cloud Car]
  • Has lock-on jammer like T-47 Airspeeder
  • Has a concussion missle
  • Available to both Imps and Rebels
  • Will be available in Fighter Squadron
  • Fastest vehicle in the game
  • Only available on Bespin
  • Map is fucking beautiful

Star Cards
Shock Grenade
  • Does not do damage, creates stun radius
  • If stunned, button mashing can get you out of it
Scount Binoculars
  • Tags multiple enemies, you will get points if teammates kill a tagged player

General Info/Changes/Patch Items
  • Both Star Card hands can have a trait card
  • Cloud City Wing Guard Level 70 Unlock
  • Shock Trooper Level 70 Unlock
  • Bespin Star Cards are support themed
  • Implementing elements to encourage partners to stick together. If within 20 meters of partner, Star Card cooldowns are faster.
  • Balance to Rebel Shields in Fighter Squadron – using shields reduces power to lasers. Can’t increase laser power when shield active
  • Working on more Fighter Squadron objectives, aware people want Capital Ships and Destroyers
  • Future expansion will have some dark lighting settings
  • Custom map rotation for private matches
  • They realize Jump Pack is most popular Star Card and will factor into map design going forward
  • End of round screen updated – shows kills, explosive kills, objective score, charges used and star cards used
  • Quicker load into next game
  • Drop Zone in Bespin drop 3 at a time
  • Buff to Bowcaster – tighter blast spread, more useful especially in close quarters. Shoots in a diamond shape instead of a straight line
  • Scan Pulse – now sends out multiple pulses in 2 second intervals, after each intervals highlighted enemies disappear
  • More Imperial customizations coming
  • Score log has been tweaked and position slightly adjusted
  • Will not see health bar of teammates (other than your partner), unless they are taking damage (helps keep playscreen less cluttered)
  • When you get a kill assist, it will now show the player name that you assisted in killing
  • Can now see all friendly hero positions on map along with health
  • Can deactivate charge cards
  • Nerf to Explosive Shot – overheating will occur twice as fast

Great summary!

Although they we're going on for too long, I enjoyed the Outer Rim streams waaaaay more then this hour of fucking around.
And it could be just me, but Denis didn't look to happy at the end :)
Anyway, new content looks awesome!

MADGAME

Dengar Gameplay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMBpwpDJ0gk

Great summary!
Thanks!&#8203;
2015-12-21-1450719485-8127748-giphy1.gif
&#8203;

Escape Artist trait (not in Bespin release) looks like it speeds up player movement. The text at level 2 said sprint 50% faster.

Ozorov

Although they we're going on for too long, I enjoyed the Outer Rim streams waaaaay more then this hour of fucking around.
And it could be just me, but Denis didn't look to happy at the end :)
Anyway, new content looks awesome!

I missed the last part, how long did it lasted?

It was like the stream was just "let's test quick play and see whatever we get!". I never saw Dengar etc. The best for Death Star-stream, just get two DICE-employees to stream. So we don't get this "WHAT DO YOO TINK STREEEM?? LEVE COMMENT BLEOW".

Dengar doesn't look too good at ranged encounters, or the person playing him was horrible.

If it was the same person playing on the stream probably the latter.

I missed the last part, how long did it lasted?

It was like the stream was just "let's test quick play and see whatever we get!". I never saw Dengar etc. The best for Death Star-stream, just get two DICE-employees to stream. So we don't get this "WHAT DO YOO TINK STREEEM?? LEVE COMMENT BLEOW".

It lasted for an hour.
They just should let Denis play and let Sledgehammer do the interviewing/commentary. Hell, they could even let one of us do the playing. I'm certain that we're all more capable then what we saw just now.

Ozorov

It's so weird that they leak this stuff from their own stream. It was the same with Outer Rim - There we got Berserker, Bacta bomb and something else.

Is it that hard to not show it?

Trying to decide if I want to give this another try. Has the game changed much since launch(haven't played since probably early december)? DLCs worth it?

MADGAME

Canr wait to see the new meta of people popping a shield and super sprinting ayr you for a one hit melee kill while bacta buffed

I sure hope so, one scattershot goes through a shield and takes out a full health, full bacta bomber. Come at me, bro. Sounds like the Shock Grenades will be a nice counter to this also.

Didn't they say they eventually wanted to add the DLC into rotation with other maps? What happens with these odd player count modes then?

Just read something about this. It's for private matches only. You can make your own custom playlist and combine DLC maps with vanilla maps.

Palpable

I think it'll be a little odd to have Bespin soldiers on any other maps besides Bespin. Also, is WA only going to be 16v16?

Top Bottom