• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

All modes on Bespin is 16v16, including Drop Zone

So if I understand correctly:

- We get 5 maps
- Bespin supports 6 modes: WA/SUP/TP/DZ/SAB/FS
- Fighter Squadron has it's own unique map
- WA/SUP/TP can only be played on one map: Cloud City
- DZ/SAB can be played on all four maps

Ozorov

So if I understand correctly:

- We get 5 maps
- Bespin supports 6 modes: WA/SUP/TP/DZ/SAB/FS
- Fighter Squadron has it's own unique map
- WA/SUP/TP can only be played on one map: Cloud City
- DZ/SAB can be played on all four maps

Only one map for WA/SUP/TP?

That's disappointing

WillyFive

These Battlefront DLC's have been really thin thus far. It feels like Outer Rim and Bespin together would maybe be worth the price of one DLC, but not by themselves, and not at the price of each single DLC.

Only one map for WA/SUP/TP?

That's disappointing

Yep. That and the fact that the other three only support two modes. Would be cool if they could throw in 16v16 Blast or something.

These Battlefront DLC's have been really thin thus far. It feels like Outer Rim and Bespin together would maybe be worth the price of one DLC, but not by themselves, and not at the price of each single DLC.

Opinions I guess. I feel I totally got my money's worth with The Outer Rim and Bespin is looking good as well.

Ozorov

Yep. That and the fact that the other three only support two modes. Would be cool if they could throw in 16v16 Blast or something.

Opinions I guess. I feel I totally got my money's worth with The Outer Rim and Bespin is looking good as well.

:(

I just assumed that at least SUP/TP was on all maps. Doh

Jag

One thing that got me among other things is the inclusion of only one new ship, and it being the Cloud Car of all things, which is a flying equivalent of a speeder.

I assume that's what will use the tow cable in Cloud City Walker assault.

One thing that got me among other things is the inclusion of only one new ship, and it being the Cloud Car of all things, which is a flying equivalent of a speeder.

It's not like they're spoiled for choice with ships and I'm assuming they want to have some left for the Death Star DLC

I assume that's what will use the tow cable in Cloud City Walker assault.

I don't think they're doing the cable take down on Cloud City. It's only one Walker like on Endor and there's not enough space around the Walker with the buildings and all.

MADGAME

I wonder if thats in Bespin or upcoming

I'm guessing
hoping
with Bespin, as it is super relevant to the lore. I also think the Stinger Pistol and mayyyybe the BO-Rifle will also be free with this update. It would make sense to not show them in the season pass livestream if they are free for everyone.

Possibility of a 7v7 HvV mode down the road
https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/743922331853127680

Boba's Flamethrower after the upcoming patch:
cOytkyQ.gif

Ozorov

I'm guessing
hoping
with Bespin, as it is super relevant to the lore. I also think the Stinger Pistol and mayyyybe the BO-Rifle will also be free with this update. It would make sense to not show them in the season pass livestream if they are free for everyone.

"The Stringer Pistol, Bo-Rifle and the Escape Artist Trait are items that are not a part of the Bespin release. If you have captured footage on these items, please discard them as they are not a part of this release"

RyanW

I'm guessing
hoping

I really hope to see the inclusion of a HvV mode with only heroes and villains. Scrap the one life and make it a death match mode. Tweak the health and score limit a little bit and it could be a blast. Maybe make it to 9v9 or something and include guards.

MADGAME

"The Stringer Pistol, Bo-Rifle and the Escape Artist Trait are items that are not a part of the Bespin release. If you have captured footage on these items, please discard them as they are not a part of this release"

Makes no sense. Isn't that the pistol carried by the Bespin troops? Seems like a whiffed opportunity.

Edit: I still think we will see/get them between Bespin and Death Star.

WillyFive

It's not like they're spoiled for choice with ships and I'm assuming they want to have some left for the Death Star DLC

I sure hope they are saving all the ships for Death Star, since the ship select screen is a joke. A giant empty space with just two tiny choices in the top left for both Rebels and Empire. DICE has had plenty of ships to choose from, from Y-Wings to TIE Bombers to B-Wings to TIE Defenders to Assault GUN boats to R-42 Starchasers to T-Wings and the Z-95 Headhunter; and all of these are simply ships that have been in past Star Wars games. They could have also made new ones, just like they did with locations, music themes, and guns.

I sure hope they are saving all the ships for Death Star, since the ship select screen is a joke. A giant empty space with just two tiny choices in the top left for both Rebels and Empire. DICE has had plenty of ships to choose from, from Y-Wings to TIE Bombers to B-Wings to TIE Defenders to Assault GUN boats to R-42 Starchasers to T-Wings and the Z-95 Headhunter; and all of these are simply ships that have been in past Star Wars games. They could have also made new ones, just like they did with locations, music themes, and guns.

Disney won't allow a lot of the ships you mentioned, even if DICE wanted to.
I do think we will see B/Y-wings, Tie Bombers and maybe even Tie Advanced in future DLC.

5taquitos

Disney won't allow a lot of the ships you mentioned, even if DICE wanted to.
Not necessarily, Disney has zero issues allowing Legends content in the X-Wing tabletop game, I don't know why a Z-95 or a TIE Defender wouldn't be allowed here. Especially since there are lots of things in the game already that weren't in the movies.

Not necessarily, Disney has zero issues allowing Legends content in the X-Wing tabletop game, I don't know why a Z-95 or a TIE Defender wouldn't be allowed here. Especially since there are lots of things in the game already that weren't in the movies.

iirc all of the additions to the game that weren't in the OT are all from concept art or comics related to the OT.
But the most important reason why they shouldn't do it is because
I think they're fugly

Ozorov

Droid run is also getting a big change with the patch. You will now get points when controlling the droids, first to 100 points wins.

If there is really only one Bespin map that supports Supremacy, Walker Assault, and Turning Point they should make it free and stick it in the regular rotation.

LoveCake

Looks pretty decent, are there any new skins to play as, I reached level 60 this evening.

One thing I did notice is that I am still having issues with some of the counts/stats on the Hutt missions/rewards :/

MrDaravon

All right real talk, where are the folks that will boost trophies etc and shit for real money? I'm literally willing to just pay someone actual real money to get me 10 Hero Hunt wins. I've been trying off and on for weeks and I can't even get ONE for the fucking trophy, much less ten for the diorama.

All right real talk, where are the folks that will boost trophies etc and shit for real money? I'm literally willing to just pay someone actual real money to get me 10 Hero Hunt wins. I've been trying off and on for weeks and I can't even get ONE for the fucking trophy, much less ten for the diorama.

Maybe we could get a GAF trophy hunting squad together? I know I'll never grab the hero hunt wins or the trample trophy.

MrDaravon

Maybe we could get a GAF trophy hunting squad together? I know I'll never grab the hero hunt wins or the trample trophy.

Yeah the Trample trophy is super dumb but in playing Walker Assault and just basically being a jackass and rushing in the AT-ST I seem to get a few Tramples a week, so I'll eventually get it. That one is incredibly dumb and poorly thought out, but AFAIK you can't change trophy requirements post-launch. I'm still just shocked they haven't changed Hero Hunt to have the top 3 placers count as a "Victory" which is fairly standard with FFA gametypes in a lot of games. The mode would still be hot garbage but I'd have 10 wins probably 2 or 3 times over by now if top 3 counted as such.

Palpable

If you want to pay me to get you a platinum trophy, let me know. I got my plat a long awhile ago.

So I'm looking at the store page for this on the PSN store page and it's on sale for $24. I have been holding out on this game since launch because I thought its biggest setback was its value. Do you folks believe that this is a reasonable price to jump in on?

5taquitos

So I'm looking at the store page for this on the PSN store page and it's on sale for $24. I have been holding out on this game since launch because I thought its biggest setback was its value. Do you folks believe that this is a reasonable price to jump in on?
Most people in this thread bought at launch, so I'd be willing to bet that we'd all say it's a good value.

PrankT

It's the only game I've played all year.

Ozorov

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but I noticed something in one of the Bespin vids: there is a number beneath the power-up item the player is using. It appears the player is using the BO-Rifle, and after firing it once the number 4 disappears and he is then holding the E-11.

4_zpssx9lcfuw.jpg

Here is a link to the video, starting at the 5m27s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N29l2LMDla4&feature=youtu.be&t=5m27s

It's just the PC-version. He activates the star card with Keypad "4"

Cleared out my capture gallery today in preparation for Bespin and made a Scatter Gun compilation vid.

https://youtu.be/aabeVAeRro0

After it was introduced it quickly became my favorite Star Card after Jump Pack. Probably not going to use it much on Cloud City, for that I'm going to dust of the old Cycler Rifle.

PrankT

The new update to scan pulse will have a lot of people using it again. The cooldown isn't long enough and the recharge time next to your partner in general is very fast.

If a map supports Drop Zone 32 and Sabotage it should be able to support infantry-only versions of Supremacy and Turning Point.

I just wish they'd add classic 5-flag and 3-flag Conquest to all of the maps in the game.

RyanW

If a map supports Drop Zone 32 and Sabotage it should be able to support infantry-only versions of Supremacy and Turning Point.

I just wish they'd add classic 5-flag and 3-flag Conquest to all of the maps in the game.

I feel like some maps would be harder than others especially with how linear they are. I could see them editing some maps to be better suited to have their own Conquest variant.

Top Bottom