• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MADGAME

Looks like at least 4 rebel heroes will simultaneously be playable in Sabotage. Luke is taking it the face big time in the pic :)

E2280FD9-B270-43A4-80F8-E7DE1C50DBD2_zpsntnyf0kj.png

Looks fantastic! Let's hope we get more than one large map...
We are getting 5 :)

Palpable

Who on here plays regularly on PS4 and is not my friend on PSN? I much prefer playing with people I know than relying on random scrubs that suck ass and bail in the middle of a match (even when winning, causing us to lose).

Palpable

Okay, getting really sick of being put on the teams where people go 1-11 in cargo matches. Someone please fucking add me and lets party up (no moc required) so I can play with someone competent.

Ozorov

Okay, getting really sick of being put on the teams where people go 1-11 in cargo matches. Someone please fucking add me and lets party up (no moc required) so I can play with someone competent.
I'll join you in 15 min or so if You're still playing then.

PS. I'm not in godmode like you, but I'm okey

Exr

Game is 30 up here in Canadaland now. Been thinking about buying it for ages...do random power ups fuck you up out of nowhere? Hows the lag? Populated on PS4? I played BF 1 and 2 a ton, just looking for a casual shooter that rewards skillful play. Is the balance alright? How are the new maps?

Ozorov

Game is 30 up here in Canadaland now. Been thinking about buying it for ages...do random power ups fuck you up out of nowhere? Hows the lag? Populated on PS4? I played BF 1 and 2 a ton, just looking for a casual shooter that rewards skillful play. Is the balance alright? How are the new maps?
I think power-ups spawn at the same places all the time depending on the map / situation of the game
No lag for me (PS4)
PS4 is very good populated
Balance is fine (we will get a big patch on tuesday)
What do you mean with the new maps?

MADGAME

I think the Shock Grenade could end up being powerful and quite useful. Enemies in the blast radius are stunned. Depending on duration, you could take out quite a group affected by the shock. Very handy for Extraction, not to mention Stim/Bacta/Berserker users. Looking forward to seeing it in action tomorrow.

I guess my post was a bit unclear :p I know we're getting 5 maps, but do we know how many maps will support Walker Assault, Supremacy and Turning Point?

Sorry, I misunderstood.

MADGAME

Could it just be the AC-280C with some LOD issues?

I suppose, but I'm struggling to see it. You think they would have announced all new weapons and cards with the trailer release so you are probably correct.

Anyway, I'm so pumped to see the maps tomorrow and learn about Lando and Dengar's traits!

MADGAME

From Reddit: Below is an excerpt of an email from Sledgehammer70. He mentions some future weapons that will not be in this DLC.

As a FYI: In the first 30 minutes of capture you may have noticed a few extra Developer weapons that were unlocked above and beyond the Bespin build. The Stringer Pistol, Bo-Rifle and the Escape Artist Trait are items that are not a part of the Bespin release. If you have captured footage on these items, please discard them as they are not a part of this release. Please see below for the full list of items included with Bespin.

New content for DLC owners: New levels:
  • Five new maps set around or on Cloud City.

New Weapons:
  • X-8 Night Sniper: A blaster pistol with focus on long range and has a night vision scope.
  • EE-4: Spread burst weapon with short- to medium range and high damage.

New Star Cards:
  • Shock Grenade: A non-lethal grenade with a small radius that will stun opponents caught in the blast.
  • Scout Binoculars: Uncovers soldiers with outlines when zooming through the goggles. If pressing fire, any soldiers in line of sight gets tagged for the entire team for 4-5 seconds.
  • Disruption: Instantly overheats the weapons of any soldiers in close radius to the player.

New Heroes:
Lando Calrissian
  • Power Blast – Once Activated will give a critical modifier on Lando’s blaster fire for a limited time
  • Shocking Trap – Lando throws a decoy on the ground to confuse the enemy and shock any that get close.
  • System Disruption – Disrupt all close enemies weapons & star cards, setting them to overheat / cooldown.
Dengar:
  • Explosive Rush – Dengar runs forwards and sticks grenades to all enemies he passes.
  • Frenzied Blast – Greatly increases Dengars fire-rate on his primary weapon.
  • Hurricane Strike – Dengar performs a melee sweeping attack whilst running forward.

New game mode: Sabotage
  • The Empire are using Tibanna Gas Generators to power their tractor beams, preventing Rebel transports from escaping Cloud City. The Rebels must blow up the generators and defend their extraction point. The Empire must stop the Rebels and hunt them down.

New Hutt Contracts:
  • A new batch of 5 Hutt Contracts.
Cloud Car:
  • Added the cloud car as a playable vehicle on the new maps. The cloud car features twin blaster cannons, concussion missiles and a sensor jammer.

New content for all players:
  • Ranks: Increased rank cap from 60 to 70.
  • Appearance: A new unlock for the Rebels, the Bespin wing guard.
  • Appearance: A new unlock for the Empire, the Shock Trooper
  • Palpatine: The honor guard have been updated and replaced with Royal Guards.
  • Leia: The honor guard have been updated and replaced with Alderaan Guards.

Palpable

That forced overheat shit is going to piss me off. So does this mean the Bespin guards can be played as on any map outside of Bespin? That's a little odd. Also, will the honor guard be a skin unlock now?

Lol new Weapons already ready but they wont release them.

Man everything around this game is so weird and full of secrecy... i really hope that changes next year with Battlefront 2.

Ozorov

Lol new Weapons already ready but they wont release them.

Man everything around this game is so weird and full of secrecy... i really hope that changes next year with Battlefront 2.

Of course there's new weapons already in the dev-build. Just because they're there doesn't mean they're finish to release. Even if they're finished I would rather have them do like they've done so far. Release something now and then. Three months with nothing at all would be too long imo.

Oh and...
Mat Everett @EA Play ‏@sledgehammer70 3m3 minutes ago

Well... I guess those peeps can never be trusted again.

I wonder how they'll do with that nightvision/heatvision gun when you're playing in 3rd person.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
looks like a great update, cant wait to start playing and it looks different to other maps with tight corridors and walkers in the city

roll on next week

MADGAME

In response to someone asking about if Heroes vs Villains will be in Bespin, Dennis Branvall (lead designer) stated:

"Since Bespin is for 32 players, it didn't really make sense to make that big of a HvV since it's round based and solely focused on taking out the heroes (they would die pretty quickly). However, Sabotage pretty much combines HvV with additional objectives for heroes AND soldiers a like, so we're hoping that will scratch the hero itch while still providing fun objective-type gameplay for people who like the regular big modes. :)"

We might not see any small modes in Bespin, though some may be included if they work with 32 players, Blast for example.

Ozorov

In response to someone asking about if Heroes vs Villains will be in Bespin, Dennis Branvall (lead designer) stated:

We might not see any small modes in Bespin, though some may be included if they work with 32 players, Blast for example.

So WA/Supremacy etc will be 16v16?

Sabotage sounds neat.

MrDaravon

I don't think 16v16 WA/Supremacy wouldn't work, they'd have to just probably tweak AT-AT health etc. I'm just more inclined to think that was an error on his part though because eventually at SOME POINT they have to roll all of this shit into a single playlist and you can't really go from 20v20 WA matches to the next match being 8 players short lol. We'll find out in a few hours anyway.

Also curious to see how team rebalancing works, if at all. Played with two friends last night and we got into another completely godtier WA lobby where we lost one game in like 4 and a half hours, and most games we just completely decimated the other team. I think we did probably every WA map as the Rebels and we destroyed both walkers early in the second phase, and as the Imperials we had multiple games where we held them to one or two Y-Wings THE ENTIRE MATCH. So yeah, rebalancing is a thing that needs to be in lol.

Edit: Sitting on about 120k Credits right now, hopefully that'll be enough for the Hutt Contracts and to buy Wing Guard/Shock Trooper. I've still spent zero credits on any skins >_>

MADGAME

Going to be weird playing as Royal Guards using T-21's, Homing Shots, and Rocket Launchers. From the movies and toys as a kid I only ever associated them with using their Force Pike staff weapon.

PrankT

I wish the large modes would stay at 20v20 and small modes should be 8v8 or 10v10. Switching around the player count is silly.

RyanW

Assuming we get to use the Cloud Car on the Bespin fighter squadron map I wonder if we'll ever get to use it on other maps. I know it'll feel off but more variety is always nice.

Top Bottom