• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

They REALLY NEED TO GET the Hutt contracts/rewards sorted out!

The latest content is good, but they have to sort out WA mode, I have only played one match where the rebels took the walker down, it's nigh-on impossible.

Yeah without proper vehicles and power weapons its almost impossible to win WA on Bespin.

MADGAME

Shock Grenades may be annoying, but they sure are purty. Quick & dirty gif:

eHTkINC.gif

Yeah without proper vehicles and power weapons its almost impossible to win WA on Bespin.
I win all the time as Rebels and Empire on WA Cloud City. Just get enough Y-Wings and have Ion Shot and Ion Neutralizer/Torpedo equipped. If your team isn't idiots it's not hard to win. Especially if you get someone to spawn as Nien who can call in orbital strikes and hold down uplinks with turrets.

Turkoop

Banned
I haven't had an issue, and I've completed them all except the one where you need to spot/mark people and get hero kills on sabotage.

1. Combat Rush - where you have to get 2500 scores in Extraction. I've got more than 2500 :/
2. Slugthrower - use 20 focus fire charges. I used more than 20 but it shows me only 2 of 20...

I win all the time as Rebels and Empire on WA Cloud City. Just get enough Y-Wings and have Ion Shot and Ion Neutralizer/Torpedo equipped. If your team isn't idiots it's not hard to win. Especially if you get someone to spawn as Nien who can call in orbital strikes and hold down uplinks with turrets.

Always this "do x" arguements...

Im not playing with a group of 8. Im playing a lot with only one or two more people.

Randoms wont change their OP Star Cards combinations to take down a ATAT.

Anti Vehicle Stuff needs to be stronger against a ATAT. And Ion shot is a joke. Ive stopped trying with that.

Ozorov

1. Combat Rush - where you have to get 2500 scores in Extraction. I've got more than 2500 :/
2. Slugthrower - use 20 focus fire charges. I used more than 20 but it shows me only 2 of 20...

Do you mean the "After-the-game-screen"?

That's a bug.

Always this "do x" arguements...

Im not playing with a group of 8. Im playing a lot with only one or two more people.

Randoms wont change their OP Star Cards combinations to take down a ATAT.

Anti Vehicle Stuff needs to be stronger against a ATAT. And Ion shot is a joke. Ive stopped trying with that.

Maybe Xbox players are different, but I play by myself and consistently win.

5taquitos

2 hutt contracts are buggy for me. Anyone experienced bugs ?
My contract for the DLT-19X is complete, and I have the gun, but my contract screen and post-match screen still says I need one more Cycler rifle kill, so it's stuck on 98% or something. Doesn't matter how many Cycler kills I get. It's been thus way since Outer Rim.

Seeing Bespin guards on non-Bespin maps may be the dumbest shit about this game. It's not like there is a shortage of Rebel skins to draw upon -- Wookies, Mon Calamarians, Bothans, Droids, heck it would make more sense to have a Gungan or Shistavanen. Not mention they stick out like a sore thumb on most maps.

The change to assist scoring is absurd, it practically makes the K/D stats worthless. It should be 75% damage = kill, 25% is like one hit half the time.
That was kinda the point. They pwant people playing to the objective. But I think only full kills count to towards your K/D ratio stats.

I have a feeling we are not going to get Chewbacca. The Death Star DLC is probably going to be Obi-Wan, it would make the most sense given the setting and we only have one Rebel force user so far. The last DLC is probably going to be part of a new movie tie-in since it's still a secret.

PrankT

I took my anger to the official forums and calling everyone who uses disruptor and bacta scrubs. It's useless and sad, but I've gone mad.

PrankT

On a side note, Dengar and Lando are pretty fun. The grenade run Dengar has is cool and I love Lando's ability to overheat weapons....if only every regular player didn't have the exact same power available to them. I still like Nien and Greedo better, though.

Palpable

I took my anger to the official forums and calling everyone who uses disruptor and bacta scrubs. It's useless and sad, but I've gone mad.

I was on the verge of doing the same.

Anyone have an issue where you combat roll in place, even on wide open flat areas? It gets me killed so often.

Also, last night I did a 1v1 with my cousin as Luke and myself as Dengar. His shoulder/blaster rush kills Luke in 1 hit!

RyanW

Maybe Xbox players are different, but I play by myself and consistently win.

Xbox player here. I have no problems at all getting wins solo. It does help if you defend the objective at times.

--------------------

Anybody here hoping we might get Missions for Bespin? Battle on Bespin, Hero Battle on Bespin, and Survival on Bespin would be nice to add for offline content

They should make it so bacta only affects allies and not the user. This would drastically cut down on who uses it, make it pure support card. Disruptor needs an area nerf, the current AoE is ridiculous.

Tendo

Trying to get the ten defense kills on sabotage to get my ee4. I can't do it. I"m trash at this game. Any good "defense" guns to help with that? I haven't played since launch so I've missed a lot.

I seriously doubt anybody would carry Bacta if it didn't have an affect on them. Just like most Rebel players find it hard to carry Ion Torpedo in WA. Scout Binoculars? forget about it.

Trying to get the ten defense kills on sabotage to get my ee4. I can't do it. I"m trash at this game. Any good "defense" guns to help with that? I haven't played since launch so I've missed a lot.
Try Shock Blaster+Scatter gun+Scan Pulse or Disruption

Re DLC #4 -- has it actually been confirmed it will be a tie-in with Rogue One? Didn't EA say that Battlefront will only cover the Original Trilogy?

Personally, I'd prefer for the devs to stick with the Original Trilogy, mainly cos I want a Mos Eisley map (my fave map in Battlefront 2).

The Dude

It's a shame this game has gotten such a bad rap, it really is a fun shooter as I've topped 200 hours. I played since day 1 and it's great in spurts, just a good time overall.

Lookin forward to unlocking shock trooper soon.

Although I hope x8 gets that buff soon, feels a little underwhelming.

WillyFive

If it wasn't called Battlefront, it would not have had as much a bad rap as it did. But the Battlefront name gave people expectations that DICE openly decided to subvert.

Re DLC #4 -- has it actually been confirmed it will be a tie-in with Rogue One? Didn't EA say that Battlefront will only cover the Original Trilogy?

Personally, I'd prefer for the devs to stick with the Original Trilogy, mainly cos I want a Mos Eisley map (my fave map in Battlefront 2).

Rogue One is in the Original Trilogy time period, just like the Battle of Jakku.

And it's so stupid that they don't have Mos Eisley, theres always a server with Heroes only on Mos Eisley in BF2.

Ozorov

When: June 27th, 2016
Schedule:
PC 09:00 UTC (2:00 AM PT / 5:00 AM ET)
PS4 09:30 UTC (2:30 AM PT / 5:30 AM ET)
Xbox One 10:00 UTC (3:00 AM PT / 6:00 AM ET)

Patch Notes:

Lobby:
Players will no longer get stuck in lobby, unable to join due to teams being unbalanced. This happened if one team drops from the game to a point where there’s more than 2 players more on one side.

Heroes vs Villains:
User will no longer get an invisible UI if staying in or just joining a lobby when a round ends and new heroes are appointed

Heroes vs Villains:
Game mode will no longer hang if a player who was appointed a hero fails to become one due to quitting the game in the hero selection process.

Heroes:
Dengar will no longer do insane damage to Luke Skywalker using his Explosive Rush and Hurricane Strike

Outer Rim:
Heroes vs Villains in the playlist will be best out of 5 rounds again, no longer 3

General:
Preround timer increased from 30 to 60 seconds

Bespin:
AT-AT health decreased on Cloud City

Changed the frequency of game modes appearing in the playlist – Two rounds of Sabotage will now be played every other round (similar to Extraction on Outer Rim). Increased the frequency of the level Carbon-Freezing Chamber appearing and decreased the frequency of the level Cloud City appearing.

I'm a bit over Sabotage tbh. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I really haven't been involved in many tense games. I agree that heroes should be ditched from Sabotage.

The Dude

I'm a bit over Sabotage tbh. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I really haven't been involved in many tense games. I agree that heroes should be ditched from Sabotage.

I actually enjoy that mode, have had some good ones but the fact imperials can't counter with a hero is simply odd design choice.

Personally I wish they handled hero's a little different and either randomly placed tokens or simply do something based on performance. I can have some incredible matches but I simply am to busy battling than backtracking for hero tokens.

PrankT

I actually enjoy that mode, have had some good ones but the fact imperials can't counter with a hero is simply odd design choice.

Personally I wish they handled hero's a little different and either randomly placed tokens or simply do something based on performance. I can have some incredible matches but I simply am to busy battling than backtracking for hero tokens.
Imperials get heroes on the last stage. By that time the rebel heroes are low in health or dead, so I've never seen the rebels win yet. Maybe others have different experiences.

Imperials get heroes on the last stage. By that time the rebel heroes are low in health or dead, so I've never seen the rebels win yet. Maybe others have different experiences.

From what I've seen its a 60/40 split Imperials to Rebels for victory in Sabotage. Rebels almost always win if they keep all four heroes alive with enough health at the end stage. More easily win on CFC where the end of a massive choke point even without heroes.

From what I've seen its a 60/40 split Imperials to Rebels for victory in Sabotage. .
Because Imperials are camping at or near the extraction control point before the last generator is blown. I recently played a game where the Imperials had taken over 50% of the control point before the first Rebel arrived. The Imperials also have the added advantage of have their heroes last.

The best chance for the Rebels is if Nien Numb and Leia are horded until the last stage.

I think Sabotage would be better if capture progress can be reclaimed like in Supremacy or heroes are dispensed with altogether.

MrDaravon

I've still only seen the Rebels win ONCE on Sabotage on Adminstrator's Palace, just because bomb B is supremely fucked for the Rebels to take since it's so close to the Imperial spawn (not to mention Partner spawning) along with being super defensible. It's actually kind of absurd, I've played over 25 games on that map and it's always just a total blowout.

I've only done the other ones a few times, but I think I've seen them all go both ways but generally leaning towards Imperials. Even if the Rebels still have 3-4 heroes alive in the Extraction Zone it's still fairly easy to beat them if the Imperial heroes are solid and can take out the Rebel heroes. I get the dynamic they're going for with the heroes but I don't think it quite works out. Might be better if heroes are constantly spawning on both sides or something, either way it goes it's usually a blowout in my experience.

The Dude

What new pistols are you guys liking? I like ee4 but some matches I am playing people in which I need my go to se14c to really turn it on. But ee4 feels cool, just not sure if it'll become a main

What new pistols are you guys liking? I like ee4 but some matches I am playing people in which I need my go to se14c to really turn it on. But ee4 feels cool, just not sure if it'll become a main

The DLT-19 is pretty good after the patch and a lot of fun to use. However, the EE-4 is probably my favorite, it's just great at close and mid range. At long range it kind of blows, but it's still useable.

MrDaravon

I really love the EE-4, it's super satisfying. I've commented on here before how I always enjoyed doing the CA-87 kill challenges just because it's so hilarious and you can one-shot people with it, and the EE-4 is more or less a slightly longer range version of it. I like it quite a bit, but it's still close to medium range at best so it's a no-go on open maps, at least depending on what phase/mode I'm playing. The X-8 (?) is hot garbage though, the thermal scope is potentially interesting but it seems to do shit damage right now.

The Dude

Yes the x8 I was really really disappointed with. I love the idea of thermal vision but the damage is just so bad. What I hate tho is I'm sure they'll buff it just to nerf it, really frustrates me anymore with devs. I wish they'd just test and analyze a bit further, make a change and then see how it goes for 6 months or so.

^ I agree.

The x-8, like th DL-44 will be perpetually caught in a nerf-buff cycle.

An improvement I would like to see with the X-8 is the ability to distinguish between friend or foe in scope mode, but only when Lando is using it. Otherwise, health aside the only thing that distinguishes him potentially from a standard player is "Fortune's Trigger" which is much weaker than Han and Leia's "Lucky Shot" and "Trooper Bane", respectively.

Thoughts?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody else have ambient occlusion issues in this DLC? There's obvious lag when turning in updating the shader. It's weird.

It's a shame this game has gotten such a bad rap, it really is a fun shooter as I've topped 200 hours. I played since day 1 and it's great in spurts, just a good time overall.

Fun is subjective and time is limited, and I think a lot of people, franchise/name expectations aside, get quickly tired of the complete bullshit balance and map design. Battlefront is FPS amateur hour, and I enjoy the game plenty.

Top Bottom