• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

PrankT

I hate that one of the hutt contacts is required to be obtained as a hero in sabotage. I can't find a hero icon anywhere and I don't really like that mode.

Toa TAK

Banned
I hate that one of the hutt contacts is required to be obtained as a hero in sabotage. I can't find a hero icon anywhere and I don't really like that mode.
Hero icons kinda blow on Sabatoge. if you're a good team as Imperials, 95% chance you won't ever use one as they boy spawn for them at the Rebel defense phase.

And I also agree that Heroes aren't needed in Sabotage. Mode is just as much fun without them.

Furthermore: they designed that mode in a way where you have to play very tactical with your heroes, not rushing in and getting as many kills as possible, which that Hutt contract promotes you to do. Luckily you can do all other hero stuff in vanilla modes.

Furthermore: they designed that mode in a way where you have to play very tactical with your heroes, not rushing in and getting as many kills as possible, which that Hutt contract promotes you to do. Luckily you can do all other hero stuff in vanilla modes.
Yep. That's why point defense heroes like Leia and especially Nien are vital. Luke should be kept in reserve to take on Vader, but Nien and Leia can hold down locations like bosses.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yep. That's why point defense heroes like Leia and especially Nien are vital. Luke should be kept in reserve to take on Vader, but Nien and Leia can hold down locations like bosses.

Yup.

This is why Leia is my go-to Hero. She rules as Objectives with the shield and power up handouts. I should give more practice to Nien Nunb, though.

Yup.

This is why Leia is my go-to Hero. She rules as Objectives with the shield and power up handouts. I should give more practice to Nien Nunb, though.
I only started to use Nien with Bespin and he is amazing. The Pulse Rifle keeps enemies at bay at long ranges, the orbital strike is great on Walker Assault, and the turret can hold down a bomb by itself.

MrDaravon

I only started to use Nien with Bespin and he is amazing. The Pulse Rifle keeps enemies at bay at long ranges, the orbital strike is great on Walker Assault, and the turret can hold down a bomb by itself.

Yeah, Nien has always been my go to in any sort of open map, and especially on WA (for the most part). I have a clip saved where I was Nien on Graveyard of Giants on WA on the last phase, Vader comes for me and I just drop an orbital strike right in front of me when he's coming and just outright kill full health Vader with it. He's good times.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, his turret alone is a pain in the ass on objectives.
Yeah, Nien has always been my go to in any sort of open map, and especially on WA (for the most part). I have a clip saved where I was Nien on Graveyard of Giants on WA on the last phase, Vader comes for me and I just drop an orbital strike right in front of me when he's coming and just outright kill full health Vader with it. He's good times.
Post it bro.

The Dude

I think it's simply different kinds of fun, while I loved original battlefronts, the fun I'm having here is making up for some of the lacking content.

I had put in a good 5 to 30 hours with each black ops 3, doom, overwatch, halo 5, and I simply always come back to Battlefront and go on massive playing spurts. This game hits all the right notes for a shooter imho

I am happy to see this thread and people enjoying a solid game. Lacked a little at first but overall I think battlefront is really starting to fill out nicely

I think it's simply different kinds of fun, while I loved original battlefronts, the fun I'm having here is making up for some of the lacking content.

I had put in a good 5 to 30 hours with each black ops 3, doom, overwatch, halo 5, and I simply always come back to Battlefront and go on massive playing spurts. This game hits all the right notes for a shooter imho

I am happy to see this thread and people enjoying a solid game. Lacked a little at first but overall I think battlefront is really starting to fill out nicely

Looking around the general internets.

People are coming round to the package as a whole now.

MADGAME

I enjoy Sabotage but the problem is at the onset many of the Rebels hang back to try to get a Hero Token instead of arming/defending. So you have roughly half the team playing and half waiting. Same goes for Imperials in phase two. No one plays the objective until the Hero Tokens are found.

The Dude

I enjoy Sabotage but the problem is at the onset many of the Rebels hang back to try to get a Hero Token instead of arming/defending. So you have roughly half the team playing and half waiting. Same goes for Imperials in phase two. No one plays the objective until the Hero Tokens are found.

That's why I typically don't dive into those modes much. I think having an actual known spawn point for heroes is simply a terrible setup, people just "gotta" have it and will stand there waiting. Problem is like you said it messes up the flow. I have played a ton of sabotage and still couldn't tell you where those tokens are because I'm to busy trying to win and play the match.

I wouldn't mind enjoying a hero, I just think there needs to be a better setup for it, or base if off certain performance criteria

In the first few days the mode was an absolute mess, mainly because everyone has to get used to the maps and objective, but also because of the Hutt contracts. Last couple of days I had some very nice games, both as rebels and as imperials. People are starting to use loadouts that are more appropriate for Sabotage, like Dioxis and Personal Shield. And I think the Hutt contracts are also partly to blame for the hero camping. Once everybody has unlocked everything we'll see it less I think.

leng jai

Every time I see the Boba Fett intro it gets me amped up. His model is practically photorealistic and once his theme starts playing it's just perfect.

A few things after playing Bespin some more:

• I need to use the Bowcaster more
  • Cloud Cars are made of paper machete
  • Dengar is a beast; I can't use Lando to save my life though
  • Love Cloud City and the Carbonite Chambers

MADGAME

That's why I typically don't dive into those modes much. I think having an actual known spawn point for heroes is simply a terrible setup, people just "gotta" have it and will stand there waiting. Problem is like you said it messes up the flow. I have played a ton of sabotage and still couldn't tell you where those tokens are because I'm to busy trying to win and play the match.

I wouldn't mind enjoying a hero, I just think there needs to be a better setup for it, or base if off certain performance criteria
I also think a better method is needed, but DICE have committed to the tokens. I would be fine if they completely randomized the tokens to any existing pickup location as opposed to predetermined spots.

In the first few days the mode was an absolute mess, mainly because everyone has to get used to the maps and objective, but also because of the Hutt contracts. Last couple of days I had some very nice games, both as rebels and as imperials. People are starting to use loadouts that are more appropriate for Sabotage, like Dioxis and Personal Shield. And I think the Hutt contracts are also partly to blame for the hero camping. Once everybody has unlocked everything we'll see it less I think.
I agree it has gotten better, especially with player loadouts but I feel after all the Hutt Contracts are complete the problem of not playing the objective until Heroes are obtained will still exist.

The Dude

Man I am beyond worthless in hvv, absolutely atrocious. Anyone have tips? I mean seeing it Is awesome, but playing is another thing. I never did this mode any til now and dear God I'm so bad

Toa TAK

Banned
Man I am beyond worthless in hvv, absolutely atrocious. Anyone have tips? I mean seeing it Is awesome, but playing is another thing. I never did this mode any til now and dear God I'm so bad

Explosive Shot does well to take out heroes easier, and now Disruption helps knock them out for a few seconds with their weapons.

As a trooper, just hanging back as support with the Cycler Rifle or Pulse Cannon and sniping helps a bunch, too. Homing shot used to be a thing, but no one uses it anymore since they patched it.

As a hero, try out some of the gun-wielding guys, first. If you're good as support, Leia or Nien Nunb would be great as Leia has shields and gives away power ups, and Nien can place turrets and has his own fast charging Pulse Cannon. On the Imperial Side, Boba Fett's ability to evade fights with his jetpack is great for open maps. Dengar can seriously put a pounding on someone with his Heavy Blaster and mines.

If you end up being either Luke or Vader, I'd highly recommend you tackle the other lightsaber wielder if you can.

That's all I got. Usually I just run around as Darth Vader or Luke when I play as heroes.

The Dude

Thanks, I'll try to implement some of those. What's getting me is a few things, one just being absolutely unfamiliar with the skill sets and executing them at proper times. I also just get shot to hell when I'm Luke or Vader, literally like I'm always converged on from everyone plus there are always turrets.

I shoot hero's as a trooper and seem to do no damage but I'll try explosive shot. Overall I wanna enjoy it but man its rough starting out

Toa TAK

Banned
Thanks, I'll try to implement some of those. What's getting me is a few things, one just being absolutely unfamiliar with the skill sets and executing them at proper times. I also just get shot to hell when I'm Luke or Vader, literally like I'm always converged on from everyone plus there are always turrets.

I shoot hero's as a trooper and seem to do no damage but I'll try explosive shot. Overall I wanna enjoy it but man its rough starting out

I like to hang back a little at the beginning of the round if I'm either Luke or Vader. Just because of what you mentioned. They can block rounds, but if 3 or more are targeting you, including other heroes, you're just going down in seconds. Wait for the team to disperse and back up your other hero teammates.

I'm sure the rest of BattlefrontGAF has better advice.

Orcus

Explosive Shot does well to take out heroes easier, and now Disruption helps knock them out for a few seconds with their weapons.

As a trooper, just hanging back as support with the Cycler Rifle or Pulse Cannon and sniping helps a bunch, too. Homing shot used to be a thing, but no one uses it anymore since they patched it.

As a hero, try out some of the gun-wielding guys, first. If you're good as support, Leia or Nien Nunb would be great as Leia has shields and gives away power ups, and Nien can place turrets and has his own fast charging Pulse Cannon. On the Imperial Side, Boba Fett's ability to evade fights with his jetpack is great for open maps. Dengar can seriously put a pounding on someone with his Heavy Blaster and mines.

If you end up being either Luke or Vader, I'd highly recommend you tackle the other lightsaber wielder if you can.

That's all I got. Usually I just run around as Darth Vader or Luke when I play as heroes.

This is all great advice, but I think the most important advise is to group up. This is obvious, but often not done by players in pubs. It's especially true for heroes. When you are grouped up you can really eat though the other team, and you last longer as a hero.

The Dude

What I'd love Is a 1 on 1 duel mode. Be nice to just have some Luke va Vader battles etc... And be a little less hectic and chaotic and more focused on a duel rather than just a cluster of guys running together

Palpable

What I'd love Is a 1 on 1 duel mode. Be nice to just have some Luke va Vader battles etc... And be a little less hectic and chaotic and more focused on a duel rather than just a cluster of guys running together

There is. Go to 'missions' instead of 'multiplayer'. Go to battles, hero battles, and then partner up with a friend for a 1v1. Just be sure and turn off AI soldiers.

The Dude

There is. Go to 'missions' instead of 'multiplayer'. Go to battles, hero battles, and then partner up with a friend for a 1v1. Just be sure and turn off AI soldiers.

Very cool, I'll check that. Hopefully they can set it up for online duels as well eventually.

The EE-4 is insane. I was worried after The Outer Rim DLC because all of the guns seemed like lackluster variations of what already existed. That DICE was worried about having Battlefront labeled as Pay-to-Win, so they churned out duds. But, dang that EE-4 is nice. It's garbage-tier at long range, but terrific at medium to close.

Which is why it'll be nerfed.

But until then, I'll have fun wrecking fools.

The Dude

The EE-4 is insane. I was worried after The Outer Rim DLC because all of the guns seemed like lackluster variations of what already existed. That DICE was worried about having Battlefront labeled as Pay-to-Win, so they churned out duds. But, dang that EE-4 is nice. It's garbage-tier at long range, but terrific at medium to close.

Which is why it'll be nerfed.

But until then, I'll have fun wrecking fools.

I like it but still don't love it. Like for me it's situational, sec14 still is what I use when I'm really against some good players. But I love the feel of the ee4 when I use it

pots555

I'm an average player but I was having fun playing this game. I moved on some months ago and got back to it this week. I am getting destroyed. Nobody seems to be playing the objective. My teams do nothing and the opponents are just running around, killing everything in sight or just hanging back taking shots.

This is just sad. I had so many good games before. I did not mind loosing when everyone was going for the objective. But now...sadly...

PrankT

I'm an average player but I was having fun playing this game. I moved on some months ago and got back to it this week. I am getting destroyed. Nobody seems to be playing the objective. My teams do nothing and the opponents are just running around, killing everything in sight or just hanging back taking shots.

This is just sad. I had so many good games before. I did not mind loosing when everyone was going for the objective. But now...sadly...
If you play the objective you get blown up, disrupted, or shocked. I never expect anyone to play the objective, but it does happen. And when it does happen for both teams you get some great matches. The last phase of sabotage can be really crazy.

MADGAME

Radoll physics in this game is the gift that keeps on giving.

69iyGC5.gif

Palpable

There are so many moments in this game that I need to save from my archived streams. I'm just so lazy to pick through it and put together a compilation.

The Dude

Yea I killed a dude sort of like matrix style, we both jumped thru the air across a section of the map and I killed him as I came to him, was cool...but I was to lazy to snip it lol

PrankT

Small modes are so awful now. Matches instantly start and one side is full and the other has a couple, every single time.

The Dude

Small modes are so awful now. Matches instantly start and one side is full and the other has a couple, every single time.

I've close to 2000 blast matches, it's still solid. Not sure if you're meaning that mode tho. I love TDM, so that's always been my main mode. But I'm thinking you're talking about the other smaller modes

DeathPeak

So, I ultimately passed on this when it was first released due to the negative feedback. Has more stuff (Non-DLC) been added since it launched? Is it a fair time to jump in or are the games barren?

Top Bottom