• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Man this Bacta Bomb shit is really getting on my nerves...

And that shitty matchmaking that only puts me into the butt fuck teams doesnt help either.

A word on the playlist situation from Dennis

Hi guys,
Obviously we're not trying to be ignorant about your preferences and requests - we're fully aware that some of you would prefer a way to play only your selection of modes for the new maps and we want to give you as many options as possible. We can't split the community up with multiple unique rotations for each DLC - it's going to snowball immediately to where players can't find each other, especially in less populated regions/platforms.
However, we are looking into options where you can select what modes of the DLC you wish to play on and only match you into those modes. Then, if a mode you don't want to play on pops up, we'll move you into a server that's running something that you wanted to play on, saving you the annoyance of having to quit out and start a search manually. Ideally, partners and parties would all follow along. I think the OP's post suggested something similar. While I cannot promise anything just yet, early developments are pretty positive.
One of the benefits of running a playlist for the DLC's is that it allows us to not feel hampered by the themes of the locations we're working on, due to a specific mode needing to go on all maps we're making. This made it possible for us to make a Walker Assault map for Bespin, since there's no way to get the AT-AT's into the Carbonite-Freezing Chamber or on top of the platforms in the Administrator's Palace. If it wasn't for the playlists, we couldn't have made this possible, since obviously a map rotation consisting of only a single map isn't very fun (we learned that from Turning Point on Jakku).
Either way, I really appreciate constructive threads like this. I really want to find a great solution that allows everyone to feel like they're playing what they want to play, without splitting up the Season Pass community.
Dennis

From the official forums

If they can pull this off, why can't they add the DLC maps to the regular playlists and automatically move the people without DLC to the non-DLC maps when they come up in the rotation?

MrDaravon

Holy shit Cloud City is a map on Sabotage? How the fuck have I done 22 rounds of Sabotage and 20 of them have been Administrator's Palace????? This is actually a good map for this mode! ffs game

Edit: People legitimately have no idea how Drop Zone works; I have not been on a team so far in Bespin Drop Zone where we have not lost by at LEAST 7 points. It's kind of infuriating.

Edit 2: Okay people are fucking idiots, I can't play this game right now. Walker Assault first phase as the Rebels, we have neither uplink active, and I can physically count at least 10 people on my team on the opposite end of the map trying to shoot at a AT-ST. Fuck this.

Orcus

Outer Rim:
Heroes vs Villains in the playlist will be best out of 5 rounds again, no longer 3

WTF! Seriously, I cannot imagine why they would make this change. In what scenario did they decide to reverse this. Inconceivable!

General:
Preround timer increased from 30 to 60 seconds

Yay!

Bespin:
AT-AT health decreased on Cloud City
Yay! I hope it's around a 20% drop.

Changed the frequency of game modes appearing in the playlist – Two rounds of Sabotage will now be played every other round (similar to Extraction on Outer Rim).
Yay! This is at least needed until the majority of people get the unlocks, but i would be happy if it stayed like this.

Increased the frequency of the level Carbon-Freezing Chamber appearing ...
Boo! Explosive spam city.

... and decreased the frequency of the level Cloud City appearing.
This is ok. I like the map, but it did appear an awful lot.

MrDaravon

I feel like I'm in bizarro land seeing you guys talk about Cloud City coming up way too much in Sabotage, I just saw it for the first time after 22 rounds >_>.

Still not sure how I feel about CFC, but I'll take it over AP any day at least.

Nemic77

Also, I decided to use the Bacta Bomb for an entire Supremacy match.

Gotta say

This is too much power for one person.

I rage hard whenever I face someone using Berserker, Bacta and Stim at the same time.

Just wish they'd never add the Bacta and Disruption cards to the game...

Palpable

Seems I'm not the only one with complaints about certain cards, yet I get shit for it lol.

At least they're kinda fixing some stuff on Monday.

Seems I'm not the only one with complaints about certain cards, yet I get shit for it lol.

A lot of cards annoy me, but I'm still better than the people using the cheap shit and I still kick their asses. You just need to deal with it.

I think Administrator's Palace is one of the best maps in the game. I just wish it had Conquest.

Ozorov

A lot of cards annoy me, but I'm still better than the people using the cheap shit and I still kick their asses. You just need to deal with it.

I think Administrator's Palace is one of the best maps in the game. I just wish it had Conquest.

Yup it's a very nice map.

You are still better skill wise than the people abusing/using them.

I have vary rarely been mad at the game, though it does happen. But usually, my aim and movement trumps whatever the enemy uses.

Looks like you reached your boiling point the other day?

Happened to me in Halo 3, never returned to it till I calmed down.

MADGAME

I've put more hours than I'll admit into Bespin the past 48+ hours, but have only played Blast on Carbonite Chamber map. What other game modes exist for it?

MrDaravon

I've put more hours than I'll admit into Bespin the past 48+ hours, but have only played Blast on Carbonite Chamber map. What other game modes exist for it?

Only thing I've seen Chamber used for is Sabotage, I guessed it would also be used for Blast but I've only seen Blast twice so far and got the Labs both times on that one. Not sure it'd work well for anything else.

If they can pull this off, why can't they add the DLC maps to the regular playlists and automatically move the people without DLC to the non-DLC maps when they come up in the rotation?

It seems like that could be entirely possible were they to successfully implement the system Dennis is talking about.

That would be pretty ideal. I'd love to have one huge playlist of everything that just automatically moves people where they need to be.

MrDaravon

Has anyone seen a listing/video showing all of the Hero token locations on Bespin? I literally can't get to play as Dengaar to save my fucking life, been sitting on 2/30 kills with him for my very last contract since yesterday. I've spent the better part of the last 8-10 hours in Walker Assault and Sabotage 100% ignoring the actual objective/winning and haven't gotten a token once. WA map is a bit big and I'm just not finding it in time before someone else, and Sabotage has been a crapshoot because I am still apparently the only goddamn person getting NOTHING but the Administrator's Palace, and I've still only seen the Rebels succeed in the first phase once so even the possibility of a Imperial Hero spawn hasn't been possible. I've even been trying to intentionally throw the first phase of the match to get to the extraction phase and it still hasn't happened lol.

My next thought was vanilla Heroes vs Villains which would be ridiculously slow but somewhat unreliable. However that was a bust as on 3 separate occasions I stayed in for 3 entire matches (NOT rounds) and I was on the Rebel team every single time which I don't think is supposed to happen? Then a 4th time matchmaking put me in a game that said I was going to be on the Imperial side, then when the game started I was on the Rebel side.

So yeah, I really enjoy spending huge chunks of time and being a total asshole to my team in a vain attempt to unlock content I've paid money for. Really love these Contracts.

Has anyone seen a listing/video showing all of the Hero token locations on Bespin? I literally can't get to play as Dengaar to save my fucking life, been sitting on 2/30 kills with him for my very last contract since yesterday. I've spent the better part of the last 8-10 hours in Walker Assault and Sabotage 100% ignoring the actual objective/winning and haven't gotten a token once. WA map is a bit big and I'm just not finding it in time before someone else, and Sabotage has been a crapshoot because I am still apparently the only goddamn person getting NOTHING but the Administrator's Palace, and I've still only seen the Rebels succeed in the first phase once so even the possibility of a Imperial Hero spawn hasn't been possible. I've even been trying to intentionally throw the first phase of the match to get to the extraction phase and it still hasn't happened lol.

My next thought was vanilla Heroes vs Villains which would be ridiculously slow but somewhat unreliable. However that was a bust as on 3 separate occasions I stayed in for 3 entire matches (NOT rounds) and I was on the Rebel team every single time which I don't think is supposed to happen? Then a 4th time matchmaking put me in a game that said I was going to be on the Imperial side, then when the game started I was on the Rebel side.

So yeah, I really enjoy spending huge chunks of time and being a total asshole to my team in a vain attempt to unlock content I've paid money for. Really love these Contracts.

How do you join Sabotage matches? I tried it yesterday and when I manually chose to start Sabotage I was put on AP every time. If I just followed the playlist it put me on other maps as well. Maybe some kind of bug?

And HvV is broken atm. That's going to be addressed in Monday's patch.

MrDaravon

How do you join Sabotage matches? I tried it yesterday and when I manually chose to start Sabotage I was put on AP every time. If I just followed the playlist it put me on other maps as well. Maybe some kind of bug?

And HvV is broken atm. That's going to be addressed in Monday's patch.

I've done joining Sabotage directly, joining Walker Assault because Sabotage always seems to come up after it, as well as having spent just a good amount of time in the general Bespin playlist (played for like 6 hours with a friend last night in the general playlist). I've done 34 rounds of Extraction (which is an important distinction because I've been quitting out of matches if I wasn't the Imperials since yesterday) and I've only seen Carbon Chamber either once or twice (forget which), Cloud City once, and Labs once. Every other round I've played has been in AP. If it's a glitch with choosing Sabotage directly that would largely explain it although that would still be astronomically bad luck for me to have gotten it almost all the time even in the general playlist. I have no specific recollection of how I loaded into the maps on the other matches. That said if that is what's causing it that's also kind of shitty given doing a full cycle right now in the general Bespin playlist to loop back around to Sabotage is probably 90-120 minutes. IIRC the Monday patch is supposed to greatly increase the Sabotage frequency so that would hopefully resolve that at least?

In any case if I could just get Dengaar once or twice on WA I'd probably be golden, but that doesn't seem to want to happen, haven't been able to figure out where the tokens spawn yet :/. On a better note I finally got my 100 vehicle kills with the clown car so I never have to use that piece of shit again, I got in a FS lobby where everyone had dropped so it was only me and one other person on my team with no humans on the other team. So even with the very few NPC vehicles in Bespin FS (seems like ~3-4 on a side at a time) I was able to get 57 kills in that match and hit my 100 total.

I am bummed that I missed out on getting the trophy for getting 5000 score with a Hero by literally 50 points in a match earlier tonight though :(. It has to be in the same game/at once and not cumulative, and I'm not as good as a lot of folks here, in ~120 hours of play I've probably only pulled that off a very small handful of times. At least it's not tied to a specific mode or anything.

Serious question, how the fuck do i get to play as a Hero in the Bespin playlist?

Ive played this DLC now 5+ hours and havent played one of the new Heroes once... but every other K/D whore has no issue getting to play them.

Toa TAK

Banned
Serious question, how the fuck do i get to play as a Hero in the Bespin playlist?

Ive played this DLC now 5+ hours and havent played one of the new Heroes once... but every other K/D whore has no issue getting to play them.
They're token pickups in the usual modes+ Sabotage.

I haven't had much luck on that front either.

Don't get so mad. Just find a pickup. Start into the match immediately, don't fuck around in the menu. Thats how I went 51 and 1 with Vader on Walker Assault. Got the pickup first. Rebels never got more than 2 Y-Wings each time.

Ozorov

Don't get so mad. Just find a pickup. Start into the match immediately, don't fuck around in the menu. Thats how I went 51 and 1 with Vader on Walker Assault. Got the pickup first. Rebels never got more than 2 Y-Wings each time.

It's kinda funny with Hero Pick-ups. Sometimes you see them like 5 times per game then you can play for days without seeing one.

Ozorov

the bespin maps are pretty.

wish they weren't all locked up in a bespin playlist.

Yup. Hopefully EA/DICE will scrap this Season pass/Premium-stuff with Battlefield 1 and upcoming Battlefront-games. I don't think they have announced a Season pass for BF1 yet? So there's still hope.

Toa TAK

Banned
Dayum. Lando's sound effect in the diorama is pretty awful. He has a lot of fun lines in gameplay, but what do they give the man for his position in the diorama?

*pew pew noises*

"YEEE-HAAAW"

lawnchair

Banned
speaking of bots, did they ever make any progress regarding bot matches in the regular modes?

forgive me, i havent been following this thread for a long time.

DaMoo

Neo Member
Dayum. Lando's sound effect in the diorama is pretty awful. He has a lot of fun lines in gameplay, but what do they give the man for his position in the diorama?

*pew pew noises*

"YEEE-HAAAW"

To be fair, that's a pretty iconic scene in the movie

DaMoo

Neo Member
BO-Rifle gameplay. It's a main weapon, and looks like a one-shot kill. Cool melee animations too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr1cdKRDaT4

I wouldn't judge a weapon based on how it performs against those bots, since they don't have a lot of health IIRC.

I'm in the camp of "anything is subject to change before release", so hopefully the internal testing and balancing they're doing prevents that from being as OP as the video shows.

Top Bottom