• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

You guys did a great job of convincing me not to buy the overpriced season pass. The only thing that sucks is that it locks me out of some star cards and weapons like the EE-4.

gotta love DICE, splintering the player base by having paid map packs and locking exclusive weapons and items while doing so

it blew in bf3/4 and it blows here

5taquitos

gotta love DICE, splintering the player base by having paid map packs and locking exclusive weapons and items while doing so

I would be totally fine if weapons and items were locked behind a season pass, but the time has come to move beyond paid maps. They destroy communities, and other games have proven that they're not necessary to get fresh maps for everyone.

I would be totally fine if weapons and items were locked behind a season pass, but the time has come to move beyond paid maps. They destroy communities, and other games have proven that they're not necessary to get fresh maps for everyone.

if they still wanna do premium they could do exclusive character skins, like 3 month early access to maps, increased xp rates, 2 week early access to new weapons and items

idk, just something other than the terrible model that they have now that locks both maps and weapons/items behind a paywall in a 60 dollar game

if they still wanna do premium they could do exclusive character skins, like 3 month early access to maps, increased xp rates, 2 week early access to new weapons and items

idk, just something other than the terrible model that they have now that locks both maps and weapons/items behind a paywall in a 60 dollar game
I actually agree with you here. EA and Activision are the last two holdouts for paid maps. It's annoying.

5taquitos

That all sounds great to me, and I'd probably still buy it. I just hate the fact that these playlists will be ghost towns soon and everyone will just be playing vanilla (if BF4 is anything to go by).

MADGAME

I have to agree. Been a Star Wars fan since '77, but if Battlefront II will be the same dog and pony show I'll pass.

The Dude

I have to agree. Been a Star Wars fan since '77, but if Battlefront II will be the same dog and pony show I'll pass.

I have zero will power with that kind of thing. I used to at one short point be a gamer that felt I can speak with my money, and sure it's great to make a statement, but I ultimately realized things go on and it won't change anything and the only person missing out is me. And so with that I toss in that life's to short, I want to eat up as much gaming as possible in my ride so even when games don't go about things how I want or perfectly I try to look past it. Battlefront here has been one hell of a joy and surprise for how fun it is, despite its issues, I just couldn't pass on Bf2 no matter how hard I'd try to hold my ground. The game I'm sure will feel incredible for the most part

MADGAME

I have zero will power with that kind of thing. I used to at one short point be a gamer that felt I can speak with my money, and sure it's great to make a statement, but I ultimately realized things go on and it won't change anything and the only person missing out is me. And so with that I toss in that life's to short, I want to eat up as much gaming as possible in my ride so even when games don't go about things how I want or perfectly I try to look past it. Battlefront here has been one hell of a joy and surprise for how fun it is, despite its issues, I just couldn't pass on Bf2 no matter how hard I'd try to hold my ground. The game I'm sure will feel incredible for the most part

Nothing wrong with that at all, it's all about having fun with your connection to gaming. I'm having fun with Battlefront, actually it's currently in the number 2 spot for most hours I've ever put in a game and soon to be number one with no signs of slowing down. For me personally, the frustration factor mixed in with the fun is also pretty high, layered on top of season pass map lockout, poor playlist implementation/matchmaking/balancing systems, laughable loading times, leaving out the most iconic heroes for a year, the list goes on.

I've been with this game since day 1 of the beta and will continue playing because there is enough fun there, coupled with the Star Wars universe makes for some amazing feels for me. I don't think I can support another game with this light content/season pass that gives you the rest later over the course of a year business model, especially when the produce is riddled with issues. Maybe they will take a different approach for BFII and if so I'll there.

The Dude

Nothing wrong with that at all, it's all about having fun with your connection to gaming. I'm having fun with Battlefront, actually it's currently in the number 2 spot for most hours I've ever put in a game and soon to be number one with no signs of slowing down. For me personally, the frustration factor mixed in with the fun is also pretty high, layered on top of season pass map lockout, poor playlist implementation/matchmaking/balancing systems, laughable loading times, leaving out the most iconic heroes for a year, the list goes on.

I've been with this game since day 1 of the beta and will continue playing because there is enough fun there, coupled with the Star Wars universe makes for some amazing feels for me. I don't think I can support another game with this light content/season pass that gives you the rest later over the course of a year business model, especially when the produce is riddled with issues. Maybe they will take a different approach for BFII and if so I'll there.

I hear ya, and I understand. My only rebuttal to that is like you said there is still enough fun there to keep playing, that's sort of my criteria ultimately. Long as I have a good time when I'm playing I'll play. I hate season passes, but like I said I can't change it so I dont even try. I just try to figure out which ones are more worth it and this game surprisingly has given me way more time than I thought. So I'm hoping BF2 will follow suit in terms of fun factor

MrDaravon

On the last wave of Survival on Master, everything going perfectly then the game actually fucking crashed, are you fucking serious

That was my first attempt, and now of course I can't get anywhere close again. It's Endor which isn't really that hard (has a pretty good cheese spot) but I keep getting killed by ridiculous grenade throws. Fuuuuuuck

Orcus

I refuse to try Berserker.

I haven't had the issue with the Trait resetting, but my blaster does occasionally reset to the DLT-19.
My trait resets every damn time I start up this game.

Berserker is amazing for close in play, run and gun, and high rate of fire weapons. It's not as useful for longer range weapons, slower firing weapons, or game modes/maps where you are constantly dying and not getting to level 2 or 3. It needs to be nerfed.

I refuse to try Berserker.

I haven't had the issue with the Trait resetting, but my blaster does occasionally reset to the DLT-19.

I just went 75-15 in a match of Extraction with it. And I didn't even use the infamous combo with Bacta.
After I immediately switched back to scout.

I felt dirty

giphy.gif

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I just went 75-15 in a match of Extraction with it. And I didn't even use the infamous combo with Bacta.
After I immediately switched back to scout.

I felt dirty

You feel dirty?

I just realized that I left it on after trying it that one time, after I paid attention to my trait rewards in-game.

I've been living a lie.

PrankT

Just go all in and use disruptor and bacta bomb as well. Most other people are.

Weren't they supposed to nerf berserker? Or was that just supposed to happen and they didn't get around to it?

Just go all in and use disruptor and bacta bomb as well. Most other people are.

Weren't they supposed to nerf berserker? Or was that just supposed to happen and they didn't get around to it?
They raised the damage threshold to something like 75% before the damage bonus kicks in. Before it was any amount of damage.

Also, I still kick ass despite Disruption and Bacta Bomb. Then again I do pretty much play exclusively large modes, so maybe they don't make as much of a difference in them.

Palpable

Today is my birthday and I've been at work, napped, and now eating dinner. Been mostly bored. Know what I'm looking forward to on my damn bday? Crushing rebel scum. Someone join me later.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Today is my birthday and I've been at work, napped, and now eating dinner. Been mostly bored. Know what I'm looking forward to on my damn bday? Crushing rebel scum. Someone join me later.
Won't your birthday be over by the time you reinstall?
too soon?

Lazzy128

Banned
Load times are ruining this game for me. Don't know how much longer I will continue with it which is a shame because it's great fun.

Best wishes Pap.

Does anybody have any thoughts or insight on the licensing issues surrounding the appearance of OT Obi-Wan in the Battlefront as a Hero?

This story has been floating around the official forums for several weeks now..... the gist of it is: Alec Guinness negotiated a separate royalty deal with Lucas Film so DICE has to pony up extra $$$ to his estate if they want to include him in any DLC and DICE doesn't want to do this.

Personally, I think it's bullshit and after all these years somebody would have made mention of this earlier. Some say Peter Cushing (Tarkin) is in the same boat, which also supports the bullshit theory.

Best wishes Pap.

Does anybody have any thoughts or insight on the licensing issues surrounding the appearance of OT Obi-Wan in the Battlefront as a Hero?

This story has been floating around the official forums for several weeks now..... the gist of it is: Alec Guinness negotiated a separate royalty deal with Lucas Film so DICE has to pony up extra $$$ to his estate if they want to include him in any DLC and DICE doesn't want to do this.

Personally, I think it's bullshit and after all these years somebody would have made mention of this earlier. Some say Peter Cushing (Tarkin) is in the same boat, which also supports the bullshit theory.

The same would apply to Galaxy of Heroes and Old Obi-Wan is in that game regardless, so I think it's bs.
Still think he won't be in Death Star DLC though. My money is on Chewbacca.

MADGAME

The same would apply to Galaxy of Heroes and Old Obi-Wan is in that game regardless, so I think it's bs.
Still think he won't be in Death Star DLC though. My money is on Chewbacca.
The forums will flip shit if Chewbacca is paid DLC. Would be pretty scummy in my opinion. Hope we get him one way or another.

As much as tarkin and obi wan make sense for death star I would not be surprised if its bossk and Chewbacca and you think we get pilot skins finally too

What effect does Dengar's Explosive Rush have on Heroes (in HvV)?

I was playing as Princess Leia and it just stuck to me and did nothing.

As much as tarkin and obi wan make sense for death star I would not be surprised if its bossk and Chewbacca and you think we get pilot skins finally too

Another Bounty Hunter with non-canonical traits and special abilities ......ho-hum.

Why can't they just implement a simpler menu system for the skins? People love customization when it comes to their characters. I understand that each faction has to have continuity with uniforms, but faces and races for rebels would benefit from a simplified customization menu. For example; have a 'race' selector. That opens a submenu for human, Weequay, Rodian, Twi'lek, etc. Clicking any of those opens another menu for gender, and beyond that there could be added options like colors for certain races or hairstyles for humans.

I still think all Stormtroopers should have helmets, though.

Yes to all of this.

I don't think the new star cards ruined the game at all. I think people were just spamming them extra hard the first week or so to unlock the Hutt contracts. I played a LOT this weekend and barely got disrupted. However, I am using the EE-4 now though and it has increased my K/D positively. But... I am NOT using any of the cheap star cards unless they are required for a contract completion, even though that shock grenade is loads of fun on Drop Zone.

My current loadout is Jump Pack, Scan Pulse, Bounty Hunter and Shock Grenade (until I get level 2), then it'll probably go back to Thermal Grenade.

So far, I am loving Bespin. Especially Drop Zone and Fighter Squadron.

Cloud Car is the worst. I'd rather have the speeder bike.
The Cloud Car is actually pretty accurate to it on-screen representation -- if anything it is more buffed in Battlefront.

I made the mistake of selecting the AT-ST on Hoth and lasted less than 5 seconds before I got X-Winged without a reasonable chance of defending myself.

The missile on the AT-ST needs locking capability. Otherwise it's only good against turrets.

This would also solve the problem of infantry getting killed by "fly-boy sky campers" , which is a particular problem in Turning Point as Imperials don't have air capability and the Ion Torpedo is a nerfed piece of shit.

PrankT

The Cloud Car is actually pretty accurate to it on-screen representation -- if anything it is more buffed in Battlefront.

I made the mistake of selecting the AT-ST on Hoth and lasted less than 5 seconds before I got X-Winged without a reasonable chance of defending myself.

The missile on the AT-ST needs locking capability. Otherwise it's only good against turrets.

This would also solve the problem of infantry getting killed by "fly-boy sky campers" , which is a particular problem in Turning Point as Imperials don't have air capability and the Ion Torpedo is a nerfed piece of shit.
If you're on ps4 you should jump into a game with Palpable/Patriot_Infinity. He goes crazy in the AT-ST.

Palpable

Thanks for the bday wishes.

It does lock on. It locks on to vehicles, turrets, and mounted cannons.

If you're on ps4 you should jump into a game with Palpable/Patriot_Infinity. He goes crazy in the AT-ST.

This reminds me, I had a 124 kill streak in the AT-ST on Hoth that I completely forgot to save.

Thanks for the bday wishes.

It does lock on. It locks on to vehicles, turrets, and mounted cannons.

This reminds me, I had a 124 kill streak in the AT-ST on Hoth that I completely forgot to save.
Impressive....

I was under the impression that the lock had been nerfed. The AT-ST was more buffed at launch, was it not?

MrDaravon

Well diorama is complete except I still need the 10 Hero Hunt wins for the airspeeder :(. All trophies are done except for win once in every mode (sitting at zero HH wins), towing an AT-AT in Walker Assault (which I hadn't even really bothered trying) and completing a Mission with a friend (also hadn't bothered yet).

Still cracks me up how every time I go look on reddit or wherever for HH tips I find multiple posts in the last 24 hours from other people also bitching about it. Man, no one likes that mode or how it's set up do they? Gonna have to hope I get lucky and/or get in one of those broken lobbies where it will drop people but not replace them and get down to a few people in the room so I can try to get it that way or something.

Top Bottom