• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Palpable

Impressive....

I was under the impression that the lock had been nerfed. The AT-ST was more buffed at launch, was it not?

Not that I know of. Just aim up and shoot the missle at starships. If the starship is in the missile's general line if fire, it will auto lock on.

Amazing how ungodly horrible the AT-ST is at traversing uneven terrain. It is called an All Terrain - Scout Transport for fucks sake

leng jai

Not that I know of. Just aim up and shoot the missle at starships. If the starship is in the missile's general line if fire, it will auto lock on.

Amazing how ungodly horrible the AT-ST is at traversing uneven terrain. It is called an All Terrain - Scout Transport for fucks sake

Don't forget holding down L3 to run. The AT-ST is pretty crap half the time unless you get lucky.

Palpable

Don't forget holding down L3 to run. The AT-ST is pretty crap half the time unless you get lucky.

Sometimes when I eat M&Ms, I like to hold two in between my fingers and squeeze until one cracks. I eat the cracked one and the one that didn't crack becomes the champion. I then grab another M&M and force it to compete in this deadly game of M&M gladiators. I do this until I run out of M&Ms. When there is only one M&M left standing, I send an envelope to M&Ms brand with the champion M&M in it along with a note that reads, "please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

PrankT

We need to move on from this m&m nonsense.

In small modes I have decided to use disruptor and bacta bomb whenever I see anyone else on the other team use one or the other. Troll me and I will troll you back. I still can't get full games in Drop Zone, however. People always leave when they lose and the next game starts with one full team and the other side has 2 or 3. Sometimes they don't join for a few minutes because they are playing with their loadouts/contracts. Then by the time they join they are losing by 1 or 2 pods and leave. The server then fills up as the game is about to end, then the cycle starts over. It's pretty terrible.

MrDaravon

I've already moved back to the vanilla WA playlist. The Bespin maps are cool, but Sabotage is balanced pretty poorly on 3 of the 4 maps; I still get Administrators Palace and overwhelming amount of the time, and it's simply impossible for the Rebels to blow up B unless the teams are incredibly mismatched skill or player-wise. I've played 93 rounds of Sabotage, at least 60 of those rounds have been on AP, and I've seen the Rebels blow up B four times. Four. Cloud City is almost always in the Imperials favor as well, half the time A is the clusterfuck, and if it does get blown up the Imperials can almost always stop the Extraction. I've seen CFC go both ways but I've seen that map so little it's hard to say, and I've seen Sabotage on Labs exactly once.

Other than that they did what I was afraid of and nerfed the walker health way too much Bespin, since the nerf it's super rare to see the walker live past the second phase. I think I've only seen it once when I was on a ridiculous team that crushed the Rebels (that game as the Rebels we got the walker down to 10 health at the end of the first phase...). Turning Point has always been trash IMO, and Fighter Squadron to 400 is way too long, and the lack of NPC units with the increased playercount bums me out personally and completely turns me off the mode.

Drop Zone and Blast are both fine, and again I really like the actual maps for thr most part, but Sabotage has too many balance issues on most of the maps and since that's the mode every other time it becomes a problem. Shock Grenades are total horseshit and they need to dramatically cut down on the time it takes to mash out of it, but I see it rarely enough that it's not a practical issue. Disruptor is super OP though and needs a need along with Bacta Bomb, using those two things has dramatically raised my K/D lol. Disruptor doesn't seem to be a huge factor though in the 20v20 modes, don't see it much there.

Hero Hunt wins still elude me though, any time I get on to try any given lobby always has one super hardcore dude who just wrecks everyone else. Best part is when at the start of a new round it gives them the first hero spawn -_-. Short of some sort of glitch or getting a completely full lobby together of people boosting it I don't think I'm gonna get any wins, much less 10.

I wrote exactly the same concerns about Sabotage two pages ago. I mean, how long are people going to continue playing a half broken mess? (More proof that most players just care about their K/D) Yeah the nerfing of the walker in WA is the final straw for me.

At this point in the game's life cycle, you have to wonder whether DICE is not going to bother fixing this shit. They'll just pump out the last two bits of DLC and redirect their resources towards BF2 asap

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
In concept, Sabotage should be my favorite game mode right now but man, are those chokepoints terrible.

MADGAME

Not sure what's going on, the past several days virtually every match I've played has been one-sided, with one team completely dominating the other to the point of embarrassment. Same story in Bespin, Outer Rim, and vanilla maps too. Never seen this happen with such consistency.

If they add cloak to MP, it might be the first time I throw a legit fit at this game.
Scout level 2 is basically a cloak as is.

I've adapted to and overcome everything stupid they've added to the game without changing my basic loadout (E-11, Jumppack, Personal Shield, Thermal Detonator, Scout) and without negatively impacting my performance and I'll do the same if they add an actual cloak.

They could balance it by adding shimmering and a constant noise when activw, maybe not allow sprinting, melee, or use of any other star cards while active too.

Scout level 2 is basically a cloak as is.

I've adapted to and overcome everything stupid they've added to the game without changing my basic loadout (E-11, Jumppack, Personal Shield, Thermal Detonator, Scout) and without negatively impacting my performance and I'll do the same if they add an actual cloak.

They could balance it by adding shimmering and a constant noise when activw, maybe not allow sprinting, melee, or use of any other star cards while active too.

The balance already exists: Scout Binoculars. (And since nobody is using it outside of the Hutt Challenges, what better way for DICE give an incentive).

Also, they can make Lando's night vision into a card.

MADGAME

Dennis says:

Buff to Hero Health Pickups
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/comment/387412/#Comment_387412
There will be a buff to the hero health pickups coming in the next patch

They are prioritizing more Imperial outfits over more Hero outfits
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/comment/387421
Thanks for the idea guys. We definitely want to add more hero outfits to the game, but when it comes to customization our number one priority is to bring out more Imperial outfits.

Speeder Bike team killing will be fixed
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/comment/387415
We're going to fix the speeder bike team killing problems. The suggestion of having to stop the bike in order to get off it could potentially be a good one. We're looking into it.

MrDaravon

In Walker Assault does the amount of time each of the three phases last work on a sliding scale based on how well/badly the Rebels are doing? I feel like it does, but more specifically I just lost a match as the Rebels on Twilight on Hoth where going into third phase we had both walkers under half health, then the last phase literally only lasted long enough to get a single Y-wing from the one uplink station that we capped pretty much immediately when it went up. And I feel like I've seen this exact thing happen before on this map where the last phase is ultra short, but in general it seems like phase times are a bit all over the place. Not sure if I'm crazy or not, but this shit on Twilight on Hoth specifically is a thing at least.

Palpable

In Walker Assault does the amount of time each of the three phases last work on a sliding scale based on how well/badly the Rebels are doing? I feel like it does, but more specifically I just lost a match as the Rebels on Twilight on Hoth where going into third phase we had both walkers under half health, then the last phase literally only lasted long enough to get a single Y-wing from the one uplink station that we capped pretty much immediately when it went up. And I feel like I've seen this exact thing happen before on this map where the last phase is ultra short, but in general it seems like phase times are a bit all over the place. Not sure if I'm crazy or not, but this shit on Twilight on Hoth specifically is a thing at least.

lol I actually came in here to post about that. Twilight on Hoth is broken for Rebels. The walkers have too much health and the final tier does not allow the Rebels nearly enough time to win. You legitimately have to trip a walker to win (unless the other team is insanely bad).

PrankT

Twilight on Hoth is the worst map in the game. It's awful for Walter Assault, Supremacy, and Drop Zone. Pretty bad for Turning Point as well.

leng jai

The DLT-19 is my new favourite weapon, it's an absolute beast in close range. Been running into people running personal shield and Bacta. Holy shit is that a daft combo.

Palpable

The DLT-19 is my new favourite weapon, it's an absolute beast in close range. Been running into people running personal shield and Bacta. Holy shit is that a daft combo.

Doesn't matter what bacta is comboed with. It's always cheap pussy card no matter what

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They should patch out the shitty "hands" loadouts and let gear be swapped between spawns.

Orcus

Double XP seems to attract all the community douchebags.

In the midst of heated WA battle, i stumbled across four of my teammates having a Bacta party in the secluded area of the map.
I love/hate that. Last night I was flanking the last generator in a good extraction match and found four dudes having an emote fest out on the corner of the map. I think I chuckled and said WTF in disgust, all in the same breath.

I love/hate that. Last night I was flanking the last generator in a good extraction match and found four dudes having an emote fest out on the corner of the map. I think I chuckled and said WTF in disgust, all in the same breath.

My favorite was I was having an intense shootout with a Rebel on Sullust - all of sudden he puts his personal shield on and starts doing muscle poses.

Jetpack ---> Scattergun ---> Intense shootout over.

I bet he felt like an idiot.

Palpable

My favorite was I was having an intense shootout with a Rebel on Sullust - all of sudden he puts his personal shield on and starts doing muscle poses.

Jetpack ---> Scattergun ---> Intense shootout over.

I bet he felt like an idiot.

How did you not feel like an idiot for using the scatter gun?

Palpable

Christ, man, let it go. People use cards that you don't like, you'll need to just deal with it at some point.

Chill out. I've dealt with it since day -3 (got the game early). I'm just genuinely curious how he can ask if that guy felt like an idiot for emoting when he used the scatter gun.

5taquitos

Chill out. I've dealt with it since day -3 (got the game early). I'm just genuinely curious how he can ask if that guy felt like an idiot for emoting when he used the scatter gun.

Why should he feel like an idiot for using a card designed to counter a personal shield? Because you're implying that The Second Spitter is an idiot for using it, which he isn't. He was using it for its exact purpose.

Palpable

Why should he feel like an idiot for using a card designed to counter a personal shield? Because you're implying that The Second Spitter is an idiot for using it, which he isn't. He was using it for its exact purpose.

Know what else was made for that purpose? The cycler rifle. Oddly enough, that gun requires some skill to use. He was implying the player using the shield should feel like an idiot for using the shield to counter blaster fire, which is exactly what he did, emoting or not. He was using it for its exact purpose.

You don't run into enough people with disruptor and bacta bomb.

He only plays Supremacy, so he doesn't get it.

Top Bottom