• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Know what else was made for that purpose? The cycler rifle. Oddly enough, that gun requires some skill to use. He was implying the player using the shield should feel like an idiot for using the shield to counter blaster fire, which is exactly what he did, emoting or not. He was using it for its exact purpose.
Look, here's a bowl of M&Ms ......
CmxuTRMUsAERXkT.jpg

Can point out to us which are the good ones?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Both of you are being terribly infantile to be honest. You're both presenting valid issues in terms of playstyles and balancing, but the namecalling is getting silly.

somme

Isn't the cycler rifle a longer ranged weapon and the scatter gun for closer encounters? Both work great to me.

5taquitos

This isn't MLG, no one here is pro. Everyone in this thread plays this game because it is fun for them. Why attack members of our own little community just because you disagree about the cards they use? It's fine to hate on the cards, but belittling players here for using what they want to have fun with zero impact on your own game is about as immature as it gets.

Orcus

Speaking of community, hopefully some of the XBO people here are going to play Battlefield I. I have a few RL friends I play BF with, but there is nothing like having a full squad of people working together and using coms in BF.

Palpable

Isn't the cycler rifle a longer ranged weapon and the scatter gun for closer encounters? Both work great to me.

The cycler only does 100% damage if you get a headshot beyond 10 or 20m. It also has bullet drop. The scatter gun fires two shots and will kill you much easier than the cycler in the hands of scrubs. The cycler requires actual skill.

This isn't MLG, no one here is pro. Everyone in this thread plays this game because it is fun for them. Why attack members of our own little community just because you disagree about the cards they use? It's fine to hate on the cards, but belittling players here for using what they want to have fun with zero impact on your own game is about as immature as it gets.

Funny, he was saying the same thing about another player and yet you get bent out of shape about my giving him a taste of his own medicine.

The Dude

Started using my DL-44 again a bit, God I miss that gun pre nerf lol thing is, I just wish they had lowered the range. I can still be decent with it unless I'm against guys with quick trigger fingers, then I gotta switch to a different gear. But I love the feel of the 44, always have. I just wish the nerf didn't jack it's speed of fire, what SEEMED OP was the range in which you could still jack people up with.

The
Funny, he was saying the same thing about another player and yet you get bent out of shape about my giving him a taste of his own medicine.
Taunts are designed to appeal to the lowest denominator of gamer. Taunting somebody In the middle of a firefight (with a personal shield on, no less) and getting killed as result is the epitome of stupidity and should be ridiculed accordingly.

After sharing this amusing anecdote, you decided to go on the offensive. Seriously dude, it must be hard being you.

Palpable

Taunts are designed to appeal to the lowest denominator of gamer. Taunting somebody In the middle of a firefight (with a personal shield on, no less) and getting killed as result is the epitome of stupidity and should be ridiculed accordingly.

After sharing this amusing anecdote, you decided to go on the offensive. Seriously dude, it must be hard being you.

Why would it be hard being me? Because I'm pointing out your use of cheap star card? If anything, it's be the other way around.

Why would it be hard being me? Because I'm pointing out your use of cheap star card? If anything, it's be the other way around.
Because you're obsessed with trivialities and are never content with enjoying the game, despite all its flaws.

I never think twice about which star card I use or was killed by.

Palpable

Because you're obsessed with trivialities and are never content with enjoying the game, despite all its flaws.

I never think twice about which star card I use or was killed by.

Who says I'm not enjoying the game? I wouldn't play it if I didn't enjoy it. I've had bouts of bad luck and small modes are plagued with horrendus players that use the same star cards you do, but I still do better than them. It's simply an annoyance I make known. I'm clearly not the only one, either. It's a shame so many people, including you, rely on such garbage.

The Dude

The team switch thing seems borked at times. I was against like 4 or 5 dudes about my caliber, and nothing would break it up. I was still getting some nice numbers but my team was garbage, yet each match it wasn't switching them up like normal.

PrankT

The team switch thing seems borked at times. I was against like 4 or 5 dudes about my caliber, and nothing would break it up. I was still getting some nice numbers but my team was garbage, yet each match it wasn't switching them up like normal.
They were probably grouped up together before joining the match.

The Dude

They were probably grouped up together before joining the match.

Ah that's true, didn't even think about that. My buddies stopped playing awhile back and so I totally forgot.

But I would of thought it'd bounce them or myself around a bit even if they were grouped.

MADGAME

Past couple days my party partner and I keep getting dumped onto opposite teams after a match. Never really happened before, even after the balance patch. Now we get split often and there are only two of us in the party.

Oynox

I noticed that several times already, most recently yesterday again: I believe the game is no fun if you try to achieve a certain goal, eg daily challenges or those hut contracts. For me it is only enjoyable if I play like I want to play. Being forced to play with shitty weapons or in ways I don't like is no fun at all. It is a perfect game for a few rounds, but in my opinion this is no shooter for real competitive play.

WillyFive

I noticed that several times already, most recently yesterday again: I believe the game is no fun if you try to achieve a certain goal, eg daily challenges or those hut contracts. For me it is only enjoyable if I play like I want to play. Being forced to play with shitty weapons or in ways I don't like is no fun at all. It is a perfect game for a few rounds, but in my opinion this is no shooter for real competitive play.

I can agree with that. I have been playing the past two weeks with just the shock blaster and scout gun to get the challenges and contacts done, and it has been a shore.

At the same time, I would never have used them otherwise and makes me try a new way to play the game.

I only play Battlefront semi casually (I'm only level 67) and I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer.

Are the non vanilla cards, guns, and contracts only available if you have the season pass, or are they included in the DLC packs if you buy them separately?

How are people suddenly doing evasive maneuvers like quick side rolls and stuff? Don't tell me that's behind a paywall or something.

The Dude

Tic tac toe can be competitive. There's nothing magical about so called "competitive" shooters, I've played them all... It's about the fun factor. I have crushed in all them and been crushed in all of them at times too, but that's the fun of it all. Battlefront is a good time, there are some players that are tough customers, to where I'm playing like a madman to win the round... That's competitive enough for me. I just don't get when people make references like that. Anything can be competitive if people are playing to win.

somme

How are people suddenly doing evasive maneuvers like quick side rolls and stuff? Don't tell me that's behind a paywall or something.

On the PS4 you double tap circle and either left or right and you'll roll. Not sure what the buttons are on X1 or PC but it's a move available to all.

5taquitos

Are the non vanilla cards, guns, and contracts only available if you have the season pass, or are they included in the DLC packs if you buy them separately?
They come with the DLC packs, so you'll get them regardless of if you have the SP or if you buy individually. The only difference is SP owners get early access to DLC.

Anything besides the dh17, se14c, ee-3, ee-4, e-11, and a280c could use some tweaks.
X-8 is the number one candidate.

I'm not sure how I feel about the EE-4. It's OP, sure. But it's inevitable it will be nerfed too much. Then again getting clipped with Focus Fire at range is one of the more annoying things in the game.

Everything else is fine.

PrankT

I was saying that the dh17, se14c, ee-3, ee-4, e-11, and a280c are fine. Ee-4 is borderline, I think it should be a bit less effective at long range.

Everything else could use tweaking, some more than others.

I was saying that the dh17, se14c, ee-3, ee-4, e-11, and a280c are fine. Ee-4 is borderline, I think it should be a bit less effective at long range.

Everything else could use tweaking, some more than others.
Ah yes, I noticed that and edited my post.

I recently went back to the DT-12 in a round of Blast and noticed that thing was lethal.

I've noticed many people are using the DLT-19 these days. I was never impressed. It's a spam cannon.

5taquitos

Ah yes, I noticed that and edited my post.

I recently went back to the DT-12 in a round of Blast and noticed that thing was lethal.

I've noticed many people are using the DLT-19 these days. I was never impressed. It's a spam cannon.

I love the DLT-19 post-patch. It finally feels like it does decent damage, and it melts people up close, but doesn't feel too OP.

The Dude

I'll have to try it with focus. Here's the thing, I'd scope with it quickly... But I learned that's not the way lol I'll definitely try it with ff

The Dude

With the exception of PrankT, it seems a lot of you rely on handicaps.

I can adapt and use anything. Just finding a weapon fun doesn't mean anything. For those who love it and use it that's fine, I'll still kill them so it doesn't matter to me. I prefer a detonator, and that's what I'll continue to use 99% of the time. But it doesn't mean I won't unlock and try stuff.

Palpable

I can adapt and use anything. Just finding a weapon fun doesn't mean anything. For those who love it and use it that's fine, I'll still kill them so it doesn't matter to me. I prefer a detonator, and that's what I'll continue to use 99% of the time. But it doesn't mean I won't unlock and try stuff.

Try the cycler if you've unlocked it. It's definitely a gun most players don't use due to lack of skill. Practice with it and you'll have the upper hand

The Dude

Try the cycler if you've unlocked it. It's definitely a gun most players don't use due to lack of skill. Practice with it and you'll have the upper hand

It's not my style of play is all. I've used it but I'm just not a sniper, I can snipe and I'm sure I'd be quite deadly if I practiced but in all my shooter years I'm a nonstop run and gunner. I like getting into the mix and destroying things from the inside out while moving nonstop.

Palpable

It's not my style of play is all. I've used it but I'm just not a sniper, I can snipe and I'm sure I'd be quite deadly if I practiced but in all my shooter years I'm a nonstop run and gunner. I like getting into the mix and destroying things from the inside out while moving nonstop.

I'm not a sniper either. I don't like sniping at all, in fact. I'm putting together a short video of my cycler use. I'll post a link when it's done.

Some word of advice for you: never ever mention that you like using the Scattergun or any other starcard for that matter, cause as you see, the starcard police will come in and take away your fun.

leaving.gif

The Cycler is interesting because it can be used at close range since it can one shot people once you hit a certain range threshold. I also enjoy more run and gun game play and I use the Cycler. It's pretty much like the scattergun but with better range. As long as your aim is decent you can easily one shot people at close range, while still having a card that can also hit at longer ranges. The Cycler is pretty much good in almost any situation, it's a very versatile card.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
lol comparing dicks over fucking battlefront

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Cycler is interesting because it can be used at close range since it can one shot people once you hit a certain range threshold. I also enjoy more run and gun game play and I use the Cycler. It's pretty much like the scattergun but with better range. As long as your aim is decent you can easily one shot people at close range, while still having a card that can also hit at longer ranges. The Cycler is pretty much good in almost any situation, it's a very versatile card.
Yeah the cycler rifle is my favourite card by far, although some of the recent additions have muted that a little as it doesn't seem to be a guaranteed one hit kill at short range anymore, and people don't feel quite as safe in shields anymore.

Top Bottom