• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

The Dude

Yea, for me it's simply the feel that I don't like..id use it if I liked it. But I can take out 2 to 4 or so people with my detonators at times. I've used the cycler as like a shotgun which is definitely better, but I feel I can accomplish just as much with other gear. It's sort of a six one half dozen the other, I do pretty well so getting decent with the cycler would just replace an area I cover but in other methods

The Dude

Good video. But goodlord where does one find such lethargic players? Lol I mean half of them were moving like brain dead zombies

The Dude

Could be. Those modes seem more like zergs and with so much spread out the battle isn't closer knit for constant action. Like some of those guys standing there on top of those areas, you rarely see that in blast. 10 on 10 on smaller maps is pretty nonstop, I'll have to get a few of my videos up eventually.

I'm up now over 2000 matches with near 40000 kills, and that's all blast...so I don't really dive into other match modes much haha. I like short quick 5 to 10 min matches. But they are satisfying for the most part. Doom and Overwatch had me for my shooter fix for awhile but battlefront always wins me back

Palpable

I'm like 3 minutes in and all I'm thinking is that a lot of these guys would've had an easier time if they just, I dunno, shot you in the fucking face than for some reason using grenades all of a sudden.

Also, it is terrifying how good you are with the Cycler.

Many of them either don't know I'm there, are trying to shoot me in the face, or die too quickly to do anything about it. And thank you.

The Dude

Yea that video makes me want to master it possibly but not sure I will, I've become pretty much steady in all my shooters. I used to snipe in halo like that at one time, but my game play evolved into more of a run and never stop style. In star wars I been using scout from day 1 and I get behind enemy lines really well, taken out rooms of 5 6 7+ guys at times and I just plow, that's what my buddies always say is In shooters anymore I'm just a plow that runs and bulldozes what's in my way. Sec14c is a gun I freaking love and you can really Bork people up with a solid straight on shot, so I'm moving so quick using that gun I'm just not in the sniping frame of mind really.

But yea I might try to hone my craft a bit and give the cycler more of a try.

Palpable

Yeah, because saying shit like that is totally fine, as long as it's edited out of your vid.....

Because having a Louis CK esq sense of humor where you say whatever the fuck you want, no matter how offensive so long as it doesn't hurt anyone, is totally not okay. Minor error. Reupping.

Palpable

I rarely use it, I like having two offensive cards.

Also, lol at the casual anti-Semitism...

I'm not anti-semitic, but I can understand how my lack of a filter on anything can be seen as such to most.

Wow, you carry Homing Shot too (@15:00). Badass.....

You do realize that some of those clips are from the first few weeks the game came out, right? We were all noobs at one point. Besides, I never knocked on homing shot. Back when it was buffed, I used it a lot on large maps. Most people were just too dumb to simply move or get behind something.

I'm not anti-semitic, but I can understand how my lack of a filter on anything can be seen as such to most.

You do realize that some of those clips are from the first few weeks the game came out, right? We were all noobs at one point. Besides, I never knocked on homing shot. Back when it was buffed, I used it a lot on large maps. Most people were just too dumb to simply move or get behind something.

So let me get this straight -- you think the Scattter Gun is a garbage card but Homing Shot isn't? Your own criterion for "garbage" is the level of skill involved. Homing Shot is the the doyen of garbage weapons.

Furthermore, you are first to judge players on the basis of the "garbage cards" they use. After a review of my detailed stats, I have more Cycler Rifle kills than Scatter Gun kills and my Homing Shot kills are less than that.

The Dude

Yeah that's my problem, I need another offensive card like the Cycler Rifle but I have to have a grenade and the jetpack has become a crutch for me.
Same here bro, that's my exact setup. I feel like I'm cheating on a spouse if I did something different lmao

Tubie

LOL

You like to call people out for using "no skill" cards, but you using the Homing Shot is fine? Literally the easiest to use/get a free kill card in the game, especially back then.

And I could swear I remember you shitting on the Homing Shot (it was that or Explosive Shot) and anyone that used it back in December.

We even had a long back and forth about it, I distinctly remember that.

EDIT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190842299&postcount=13624

There it is.

5taquitos

LOL

You like to call people out for using "no skill" cards, but you using the Homing Shot is fine? Literally the easiest to use/get a free kill card in the game, especially back then.

And I could swear I remember you shitting on the Homing Shot (it was that or Explosive Shot) and anyone that used it back in December.

There it is.

This is perfect.

LOL

There it is.
Hahaha, holy shit.

The Dude

Well... That took an awkward turn lol

So what do you guys think the buff will be for the 44, just a slightly quicker rof?

Palpable

LOL

There it is.

Funny how your lack of context makes it seem you're right, huh? I distinctly remember saying homing shot is for garbage players on small modes. Same with the pulse cannon. For large maps? Go for it. I don't give a shit about homing shot nor pulse cannon on big modes simply due to the fact that it's harder to get kills with those weapons from a distance.

Keep trying, you might catch where I misstep eventually. This sure as shit isn't it, though. 😂

Funny how your lack of context makes it seem you're right, huh? I distinctly remember saying homing shot is for garbage players on small modes. Same with the pulse cannon. For large maps? Go for it. I don't give a shit about homing shot nor pulse cannon on big modes simply due to the fact that it's harder to get kills with those weapons from a distance.

Keep trying, you might catch where I misstep eventually. This sure as shit isn't it, though. 😂
I wanna see the receipts.....
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=190839677#post190839677

Quiet children. Don't make me send you to your rooms without supper.
No, his arrogance and condescension have no boundaries. There's no excuse to talk to people the way he does..

Palpable

You never specified that, you just said it was for garbage players. Feel free to quote your post.

Keep moving those goalposts.

lol goalposts.

I stand by my original statement.

I wanna see the receipts.....
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=190839677#post190839677

No, his arrogance and condescension have no boundaries.

I just like getting a rise out of you, because you get so uppity when someone says something you don't like. If you like playing the game, then don't worry about my opinions. There is an 'ignore' button on this forum for users. Be the bigger person. Why do I even need to tell you that? Pathetic.

13d2jHlSlxklVe.gif

Tubie

Keep trying, you might catch where I misstep eventually. This sure as shit isn't it, though. ��

Palpable said:
Scan pulse, explosive shot, and homing shot are for garbage players.

I've just read that entire page, the one before and the one after. You never make that distinction.

You even double down on that statement a few posts later, after people called out for it.

Palpable said:

The link is there, it should be very easy for you to prove me wrong, right?

Palpable

I've just read that entire page, the one before and the one after. You never make that distinction.

You even double down on that statement a few posts later, after people called out for it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190850204&postcount=13640
The link is there, it should be very easy for you to prove me wrong, right?

Oh, because it isn't on the page prior nor the page after, I must've never said it, right? lol ok. Oddly enough, on that same page you mention I'm a garbage player for using the personal shield for objective play. The hypocrisy is strong with you.

Tubie

Oh, because it isn't on the page prior nor the page after, I must've never said it, right? lol ok. Oddly enough, on that same page you mention I'm a garbage player for using the personal shield for objective play. The hypocrisy is strong with you.

I was telling you that by your own logic the personal shield is as cheesy as those items you personally hated and called people garbage for using.

People use the tools that are available to them, and calling someone garbage because you have some sort of purity test for star cards and guns is silly.

The funny thing about this post now, is that back then I was showing your own hypocrisy with the personal shield example.

Palpable

I was telling you that by your own logic the personal shield is as cheesy as those items you personally hated and called people garbage for using.

The funny thing about this post now, is that back then I was showing your own hypocrisy with the personal shield example.

That isn't anywhere near close to the logic I was using. So either you have poor reading comprehension or you're just a hypocrite. Which is it

Tubie

That isn't anywhere near close to the logic I was using. So either you have poor reading comprehension or you're just a hypocrite. Which is it

I guess I'm not making my point clear. You should not call anyone garbage or idiots for using items in the game available to all. Nobody should do that.

And still to this day you come here and call out people for using items you don't like.

How did you not feel like an idiot for using the scatter gun?

Which is why it was hilarious seeing you using the Homing Shot in a video montage, when in the past you basically insulted everyone that used it.

Glass houses and all that.

Palpable

I guess I'm not making my point clear. You should not call anyone garbage or idiots for using items in the game available to all. Nobody should do that.

And still to this day you come here and call out people for using items you don't like.

Which is why it was hilarious seeing you using the Homing Shot in a video montage, when in the past you basically insulted everyone that used it.

Glass houses and all that.

I guess the funny thing is that you're reaching so far and hard to grasp on to something to attack me with. I've used everything in the game because A) I had to figure out what I liked & didn't like, or B) Hutt Contacts. That shot with homing shot was in the first month of release, too.

At the end of the day, I'm not the only one calling out others, yet you love to single me out. He called that guy an idiot for using the personal shield, so I called him an idiot for using scatter. I guess reading comprehension was the answer to my prior question.

5taquitos

At the end of the day, I'm not the only one calling out others, yet you love to single me out. He called that guy an idiot for using the personal shield, so I called him an idiot for using scatter. I guess reading comprehension was the answer to my prior question.
He called the guy an idiot for taunting and thinking he was safe, not for using the personal shield. Reading comprehension, right?

Tubie

I guess the funny thing is that you're reaching so far and hard to grasp on to something to attack me with. I've used everything in the game because A) I had to figure out what I liked & didn't like, or B) Hutt Contacts. That shot with homing shot was in the first month of release, too.

I'm pretty sure that was for the emote spam after popping the shield, not the shield itself. You then insulted him for simply having a star card that counters that shield.

Palpable

He called the guy an idiot for taunting and thinking he was safe, not for using the personal shield. Reading comprehension, right?

I'm pretty sure that was in the context of the emote spam after popping the shield, not the shield itself. You then insulted him for simply having a star card that counters that shield.

He called him an idiot for using an emote in the personal shield which protects from most forms of blaster fire. Reading comprehension, right?

The Dude

All I know is ill occasionally get a match with a taunter and there nothing more satisfying than killing them mid taunt

5taquitos

Moving on, I've really been loving the DT-12 lately. I think it's my new favorite pistol. You have to be precise with your shots due to the low ROF, but nailing headshots is sublime. It also melts heroes like whoa.

Moving on, I've really been loving the DT-12 lately. I think it's my new favorite pistol. You have to be precise with your shots due to the low ROF, but nailing headshots is sublime. It also melts heroes like whoa.
I had a similar epiphany recently. It feels so soft. Soft but deadly, like farting after baked beans toast.

Top Bottom