• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Palpable

I never touched the SE-14C for a long time. For months I had 0 kills with it. Then I tried it and it changed my game by a lot for small modes. It absolutely shreds people in 1 or 2 burts depending on how accurate you are. Much better over the quickly overheating DH17

5taquitos

Dennis confirms Imperial Customizations with Death Star DLC. The person asked about TIE Pilots and AT-ST Pilots, and to me the way he answered insinuates we're not getting them.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/752906882180849664

Also seems to confirm we won't get Mon Calamari skins
https://mobile.twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/752906698864689152
A little disappointing, especially about the pilots. Mon Cal not appearing isn't as bad, but it would be nice to get different genders for the aliens in the game already, and for the Scout and Shadow troopers as well.

MADGAME

A little disappointing, especially about the pilots. Mon Cal not appearing isn't as bad, but it would be nice to get different genders for the aliens in the game already, and for the Scout and Shadow troopers as well.
Maybe they will surprise us, but I feel they're so focused on getting the main DLC content out that this is a side dish at best.

The Dude

I never touched the SE-14C for a long time. For months I had 0 kills with it. Then I tried it and it changed my game by a lot for small modes. It absolutely shreds people in 1 or 2 burts depending on how accurate you are. Much better over the quickly overheating DH17

Been my gun since they nerfed the 44, like I said above, it simply jacks people up if you land a straight on shot. It's like driving a spike into them, I love it... One of the best guns.

Dennis confirms Imperial Customizations with Death Star DLC. The person asked about TIE Pilots and AT-ST Pilots, and to me the way he answered insinuates we're not getting them.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/752906882180849664

Also seems to confirm we won't get Mon Calamari skins
https://mobile.twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/752906698864689152

The amount of doublespeak in his responses is a pretty bad reflection on the rest of the company.

5taquitos

Maybe they will surprise us, but I feel they're so focused on getting the main DLC content out that this is a side dish at best.

I have a feeling that they just have a skeleton crew working on the DLC. There's a distinct lack of polish with the releases so far.

I have a feeling that they just have a skeleton crew working on the DLC. There's a distinct lack of polish with the releases so far.
The inconsistent quality of the DLC suggests 75% of the groundwork was done during development of the maintitle. This actually makes the most sense from an economics perspective. IOW you are right about the skeleton crew.

Tubie

Seems to be standard EA practice now.

Move the main team to the next game, while leaving a small group behind to work on the DLC.

Palpable

Having imperial officers as skins would be as dumb as helmetless stormtroopers. Everyone will choose the officers and it'll look dumb. They were never on front lines save for a few exceptions (General Veers because he was to oversee the Hoth assault). They weren't on front lines :/

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yeah, I don't think I want officer skins either. It was silly enough back in Battlefront 2 when even the Death Star engineers were in on it.

Dantooine

Banned
Bespin may look good, but the map design is poor. How much time did they actually spend play testing these maps? Can't have been much considering they only started work on them once Outer Rim was done.
As a game mode Sabotage is a joke with ridiculous choke points on all maps. Compared to Extraction it's garbage - never mind the fact that in the TESB the Extraction game mode actually takes place and Dice didn't even put it in!
Initially I was impressed with Bespin but I skip it now, the maps aren't very good, and yeah, the playlist makes it a chore.
On a broader note, Dennis mentioned in one of the streams that creating an Extraction map was very difficult and it wasn't a mode that they could put into existing maps. I think this is crap. Extraction could work on any map as you can plot the path of the cargo. Even the small Jakku map with the cargo going straight from one end to another would be fantastic.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bespin stage design is shit. But the game launch with its share of shit (or partially shit) maps too. I mean, the dev team obviously loves obnoxious corridor grinds and bottlenecks. See: Endor's Moon.

There remains perhaps nothing more infuriating than a match where a good portion of your team is obviously talented with gunplay, survivalism, and item use, but obnoxiously awful and/or inconsiderate to playing the objective in Walker Assault. I just came out of a round where, as rebels, the KDR of my team's top players was crazy impressive, but practically all of them (including the one who nabbed hero) refused to work on capturing points, instead preferring to play long range shooty bang bang.

Like, do people not get it? Yes, taking out opponents assists holding points as it prevents the enemy from, you know, getting there. But all it takes is one enemy to breach the wall and disable the recon station and you're back to square one. All your work of that charge is undone. And even if you're going for range play, in some maps it pays to move up your range play to the capture point once it's acquired.

But no. These useless turds preferred to stay back and wrack up their KDRs, meanwhile a small portion of the team tried to push for points.

Fuck off to Supremacy or something.

Palpable

Careful EatChildren, calling anyone any sort of name for doing something you don't like might get half the regulars in here to pull out the pitchforks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Battlefront is shit and anybody who routinely plays it has shit taste.

Me especially.

nillah

Banned
"Master Yoda has entered the Battlefield.!"

I feel like having two sabers on one team could dice things up

..and

Star-Wars-Grand-Moff-Tarkin-Vader.jpg

Because fuck it

Bespin stage design is shit. But the game launch with its share of shit (or partially shit) maps too. I mean, the dev team obviously loves obnoxious corridor grinds and bottlenecks. See: Endor's Moon.

Supremacy itself promotes bottlenecks because capture points need to be acquired sequentially. Players are rushing to the first CP, one side wins and everybody rushes to next one. Whoever gets killed or is left behind tends to go off on their own frolic.

This also promotes long range play and players going off on their own private side-quests/battles. This was never a problem in Classic Conquest because you were always close enough to a capture point to be drawn in.

What is the actually reason that Classic conquest can't be played on these maps?

The third factor promoting individual play is the Hero/Power-up/Vehicles. I dropped my shit recently when two of us were about to capture a control point, when the said player left to pick-up an AT-ST power-up and probably spawned 200m behind the control point.

Tubie

Supremacy itself promotes bottlenecks because capture points need to be acquired sequentially. Players are rushing to the first CP, one side wins and everybody rushes to next one. Whoever gets killed or is left behind tends to go off on their own frolic.

This also promotes long range play and players going off on their own private side-quests/battles. This was never a problem in Classic Conquest because you were always close enough to a capture point to be drawn in.

What is the actually reason that Classic conquest can't be played on these maps?

The third factor promoting individual play is the Hero/Power-up/Vehicles. I dropped my shit recently when two of us were about to capture a control point, when the said player left to pick-up an AT-ST power-up and probably spawned 200m behind the control point.

I'm still puzzled by their decision to not include Conquest in this game.

The Dude

Disruptor gonna get hit with the nerf bat soon. Anyone who uses it I say enjoy it while it lasts, ran into a group of bout 6 guys using it running together... Was interesting to say the least

MrDaravon

Might be some upcoming tweaks to generator B on Administrator's Palace.
https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/753164313402216448

THANK FUCKING GOD

Also yeah, I agree with the general sentiment that a lot of the maps are good/great on paper, but have specific issues in specific modes with layout/chokepoints/spawns etc.

WA is still my bae but maybe I need to try Supremacy again, I wish I loved it as much as SG-17 does lol. Every time I played it though 99% of the time it was one team capturing the middle point at the start then the timer running out as the rest of the game was just a clusterfuck between that point and the next one.

Nice compilation! I'm terrible at hitting headshots with any consistency.

Thanks!
Cycler Rifle takes a bit of practice, but it actually isn't that hard to use. The buffs it got made it much better in terms of bulletdrop and bullet speed.
But the best thing about it is the sound it makes. Heavenly.

5taquitos

Thanks!
Cycler Rifle takes a bit of practice, but it actually isn't that hard to use. The buffs it got made it much better in terms of bulletdrop and bullet speed.
But the best thing about it is the sound it makes. Heavenly.
Most definitely, the sound is my favorite thing about it. Love that pop.

Most definitely, the sound is my favorite thing about it. Love that pop.
Cycler Rifle and DLT-19 is a devastating combo, if you don't get the headshot.

Landing a quick scoping headshot in the air is the holy grail of the Cycler Rifle.

Pisses me off that you need a headshot at <10m to kill Bacta Babies.

Palpable

Cycler Rifle and DLT-19 is a devastating combo, if you don't get the headshot.

Landing a quick scoping headshot in the air is the holy grail of the Cycler Rifle.

Pisses me off that you need a headshot at <10m to kill Bacta Babies.

...? I'm pretty sure I've killed bacta overshielders with cycler headshots from way farther than 10m away.

The Dude

How's barrage these days, I've noticed more using it. But I haven't used it since pre nerf, and after my first 150 hours or so of star wars I was on a hiatus for awhile with dark souls 3 and some others, so I'm not sure if it got fixed up any.

Palpable

How's barrage these days, I've noticed more using it. But I haven't used it since pre nerf, and after my first 150 hours or so of star wars I was on a hiatus for awhile with dark souls 3 and some others, so I'm not sure if it got fixed up any.

The radius of the blast was increased I think. The fuse on the 3 grenades were also decreased. The cooldown is kinda long, though. It's good for clearing bunkers.

5taquitos

...? I'm pretty sure I've killed bacta overshielders with cycler headshots from way farther than 10m away.
I think he means you can't one-hit with a body shot at less than 10 meters if they're using bacta, when it would normally kill.

It's my favorite explosive, and I almost always run with it, even if it may not be the most effective. I'm sure I'd get more kills with thermals, but I think barrage is more fun.

The Dude

Ah that's cool. Yea im used to my thermals but I was loving barrage until the nerf, so gonna equip it up tonight and give it a go.

Anyone else simply not able to let the jetpack go? I've always been thinking what to use instead at times and I've so many uses for the jetpack, it really can be the best tool in so many situations.

PrankT

I use the jet pack on every loadout regardless of the mode. Great for defense, maneuverability, and getting into and out of action quickly.

The game is still viable without it since there are plenty of options to choose from, just depends on a playstyle. Many of us can't sit still and need to hop around everywhere.

Palpable

Jetpack is essential only for large modes. Small modes, not so much.

PrankT and I play well together. Skip to 5:50 in this video. The game threw us in a match of just us 2 vs a FULL TEAM.

Also, the beginning of this video is the reason I asked about crashing starfighters killing ground troops. Look at that crazy dodge by the guy jumping down from the rock and miraculously dodging the TIE fighter.

PrankT

Jetpack is essential only for large modes. Small modes, not so much.

PrankT and I play well together. Skip to 5:50 in this video. The game threw us in a match of just us 2 vs a FULL TEAM.

Also, the beginning of this video is the reason I asked about crashing starfighters killing ground troops. Look at that crazy dodge by the guy jumping down from the rock and miraculously dodging the TIE fighter.
That was just a quick cameo, it doesn't show my 1337 $ki||z. Or lack thereof.

There remains perhaps nothing more infuriating than a match where a good portion of your team is obviously talented with gunplay, survivalism, and item use, but obnoxiously awful and/or inconsiderate to playing the objective in Walker Assault. I just came out of a round where, as rebels, the KDR of my team's top players was crazy impressive, but practically all of them (including the one who nabbed hero) refused to work on capturing points, instead preferring to play long range shooty bang bang.

Like, do people not get it? Yes, taking out opponents assists holding points as it prevents the enemy from, you know, getting there. But all it takes is one enemy to breach the wall and disable the recon station and you're back to square one. All your work of that charge is undone. And even if you're going for range play, in some maps it pays to move up your range play to the capture point once it's acquired.

But no. These useless turds preferred to stay back and wrack up their KDRs, meanwhile a small portion of the team tried to push for points.

Pretty much nailed it and it's why I can only really stand the simplicity of blast or the immediacy/clarity of Droid/pod capture

And yeah, the chokepoints in this game really are fucking ridiculous when you stop to think about it

Top Bottom