• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Read some more tweets.

-Offline content coming before Death Star DLC

-EE-4 "slightly" nerfed next patch

-He hinted that there's going to be some Death Star news at the SW celebration. Not sure if I read it the way he intended.

Also: Ozorov. Where are you at man?

Read some more tweets.

-He hinted that there's going to be some Death Star news at the SW celebration. Not sure if I read it the way he intended.

EE4 nerf? Lol that thing is already pretty useless.

Bacta Bomb needs to be nerfed

MADGAME

Last night I partied up with a friendand we joined a game. Pre-match we were both on the list, but when the game launched we ended up in separate games. We were talking to each other trying to coordinate, and it took a couple minutes to realize we weren't even in the same game.

So, Bespin outfit for all rebel skins confirmed and female versions of Shadow/Scout/Shock Trooper also incoming.
From Dennis' Twitter, can't link right now.

Read some more tweets.

Love reading good news first thing in the morning!

prudislav

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/whats-next-for-star-wars-battlefront-this-summer
To get right to the point, we’ve been listening to your feedback and your desire for more offline modes. Today we’re excited to officially announce a new mode, Skirmish, for all Star Wars Battlefront players.

The new mode will be available starting July 20 and offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen. (Console only) Skirmish can be played on a difficulty level of your choosing and across two modes, Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron. With multiple locations that span the galaxy, from the frozen planet of Hoth to the lava encrusted planet of Sullust, we hope Skirmish brings players a new way to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront.

If an offline mode isn’t for you, we have more free* in-game events planned for the summer. Look forward to more Hutt Contracts for new weapons, log-in reward opportunities, and open trials to experience Bespin.

Then in September, Season Pass holders will receive our third digital expansion pack, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star. More new maps – on ground and in space – new weapons and Star Cards and two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for. Not a Season Pass holder? Don’t worry, the expansion pack is available for separate purchase.

Its just me not reading it corrently or is really offline mode console only?

MADGAME

Chewbacca confirmed, nice.

Not thrilled about the offline content being local co-op only, although that's pretty much the definition of offline. Wish it could be private matches with friends/bots.

MADGAME

Are you sure it's not Dexter Jettser?

Btw says bots or co-op in offline play.
Yeah, the way it is worded, even with bots or co-op insinuates it is offline local. Some people asked Dennis on twitter about co-op PC, and his answer seems to infer you can play Skirmish co-op online on either PC or console. Basically he says it is like the mission modes. Hope it is true.

https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/753594698279841792

https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/753596093712195584

The Dude

What I wish they'd add is a Trench mode. Where you have people in the death star shooting down the rebels and then rebels Tryin to make it all the way and fire the torpedoes.

Could be a fun quick match type mode

somme

What I wish they'd add is a Trench mode. Where you have people in the death star shooting down the rebels and then rebels Tryin to make it all the way and fire the torpedoes.

Could be a fun quick match type mode

I seem to remember their e3 video had what looked like someone building or modelling a Death Star trench, so you never know.

The Dude

There's something so satisfying about shooting the DL44, really looking forward to it's buff. Been using it more again getting the feel and I missed this gun big time.

MrDaravon

I can't remember if it was on here or reddit, but I really hate the fact that I saw someone mention that on the companion app/website you can see what challenges/accomplishments you have and have not ever done. I'm half seriously trying to get some of the ones I've never gotten (like 10 A-Wing or Tie Interceptor kills in one match which I'm surprised I've never gotten), but some of these are incredibly dumb/impossible like kill 10 AT-ST's in a single match. Like holy shit what??

Also how do you even get Shipment Defender? Just did a game of Extraction on both sides and I wasn't getting kills on either side while next to it when moving as rebels or stopped as Imperials, do you literally have to kill people as they're trying to activate it? If so that one also seems fucked.

PrankT

I can't remember if it was on here or reddit, but I really hate the fact that I saw someone mention that on the companion app/website you can see what challenges/accomplishments you have and have not ever done. I'm half seriously trying to get some of the ones I've never gotten (like 10 A-Wing or Tie Interceptor kills in one match which I'm surprised I've never gotten), but some of these are incredibly dumb/impossible like kill 10 AT-ST's in a single match. Like holy shit what??

Also how do you even get Shipment Defender? Just did a game of Extraction on both sides and I wasn't getting kills on either side while next to it when moving as rebels or stopped as Imperials, do you literally have to kill people as they're trying to activate it? If so that one also seems fucked.
Kill people in the vicinity of the shipment. You probably need to be a rebel defending it while it's active. This game has no clue how to explain challenges/accomplishments.

The challenges and accomplishments are awful, you shouldn't bother with them because it takes away the joy of the game. Especially the challenges since the game randomly decides what challenges you have and often picks the same challenges you've already completed.

Palpable

How many of you can get on tonight (PS4)? I want to get some recordings of the capitol ships crashing. Best way to do this is in a private match, and I need bodies.

Zereta

Any news on any Battlefront/season pass sales for Celebration? I have the game on PS4 but I'm bringing my Xbox One to my new college apartment in the Fall and with the Death Star stuff coming in and Skirmish mode, I think I might want to buy this on the Xbox One as well.

Oynox

Any news on any Battlefront/season pass sales for Celebration? I have the game on PS4 but I'm bringing my Xbox One to my new college apartment in the Fall and with the Death Star stuff coming in and Skirmish mode, I think I might want to buy this on the Xbox One as well.

It recently got a general price cut + sale two weeks ago. However it was quite regularly on sale, so I would wait for another.

MrDaravon

Kill people in the vicinity of the shipment. You probably need to be a rebel defending it while it's active. This game has no clue how to explain challenges/accomplishments.

The challenges and accomplishments are awful, you shouldn't bother with them because it takes away the joy of the game. Especially the challenges since the game randomly decides what challenges you have and often picks the same challenges you've already completed.

This is what I'm currently missing:

Challenges
-----------------
25 Melee kills
25 Long Range rifle kills
10 Long Range headshots
15 Kills with a T-47 Airspeeder
15 Kills with a TIE fighter
15 Kills with a AT-ST
Destroy 10 AT-STs
Destroy 10 T-47 Airspeeders
Win 3 Cargo Matches
Win 3 Drop Zone Matches
Win 3 Droid Run Matches
Win 3 Heroes vs Villains Matches
Claim 20 Pods
Claim 15 Droids
Deliver 15 Cargo
20 Hero Hunt Kills
Win 3 Extraction Matches

Accomplishments
----------------
Shipment Defender (10 Shipment Defenses)
Cargo Defender Streak (Kill 5 enemies holding the Cargo)
Blast Master (Win 100 to 25 or less)
Pod Defender Streak (Kill 10 enemies while defending a Pod)
Droid Defender Streak (Kill 10 enemies while defending a Droid)
A-Wing Destroyer (Destroy 10 A-Wings)
TIE/IN Destroyer (Destroy 10 Tie Inteceptors)

The Challenges I haven't completed are just ones I would always re-roll because they were modes I don't play (Turning Point Wins, Droid captures etc) along with super long and tedious ones that aren't worth it (like destroy 10 AT-STs). But none of those are hard, just potentially time consuming so I have no real problem doing those for completion sake, and some of them will actually get me in modes and other things I don't normally fuck with so that's not necessarily a bad thing. The accomplishments are a bit more fucked since there's some degree of randomness or skill involved (Blast Master seems ridiculous?) but are mostly not that bad. I knocked out a few last night like Sniper Streak which was interesting because I never ever use sniper rifles in games generally (like to play the midrange game usually), so it forced me to get good to an extent with the Cycler Rifle which is not a bad thing. I'll see how these go, to an extent I like having a bit of focus and forcing me to do things I usually don't can be good.

On a related note, the Pulse Cannon has no drop off I'm assuming right? I initially tried doing Sniper Streak with that one but couldn't kill anyone with it fully charged, I swear it feels like it hits slightly to the left or right of where I aim but can't tell if I'm crazy or doing it wrong or what. Meanwhile with the Cycler Rifle I was running hot and cold with pulling off amazing headshots and then not hitting anything, but I feel like I have a good grasp on at least how that one operates, most of my failures were hitting people but not getting the headshot.

Also does the Cycler Rifle do more damage point blank on people than farther away? I'd assume so, but my results of point blank shooting people were all over the place, would sometimes get the kill and sometimes seem to do barely any damage. Feel way more confident with it now that I actually have messed around with a bit though (which is why I don't mind trying to knock out the stuff above) so it might go in my rotation.

5taquitos

On a related note, the Pulse Cannon has no drop off I'm assuming right? I initially tried doing Sniper Streak with that one but couldn't kill anyone with it fully charged, I swear it feels like it hits slightly to the left or right of where I aim but can't tell if I'm crazy or doing it wrong or what. Meanwhile with the Cycler Rifle I was running hot and cold with pulling off amazing headshots and then not hitting anything, but I feel like I have a good grasp on at least how that one operates, most of my failures were hitting people but not getting the headshot.

Also does the Cycler Rifle do more damage point blank on people than farther away? I'd assume so, but my results of point blank shooting people were all over the place, would sometimes get the kill and sometimes seem to do barely any damage. Feel way more confident with it now that I actually have messed around with a bit though (which is why I don't mind trying to knock out the stuff above) so it might go in my rotation.

The Pulse Cannon aim will be off if you're moving. It may even be off if you start charging while moving but stand still while shooting. I can't remember.

The Cycler is a one-hit kill anywhere at less than 10 meters (as long as they aren't using bacta). At more than 10 meters, body shots do 90% and I think limb shots do 50%. Headshots will always be one-hit.

The Dude

My issue with disruptor is there are guys I'm not even fighting, yet they pop that and I'm rendered useless. Im not one to really call lame on a card but one I simply don't like skills in games that make a person not be able to move or shoot etc...and I Especially don't like cards where guys don't even have to be looking at you to hit you with it. Just isn't fun with a group of dudes using it

MrDaravon

The Pulse Cannon aim will be off if you're moving. It may even be off if you start charging while moving but stand still while shooting. I can't remember.

The Cycler is a one-hit kill anywhere at less than 10 meters (as long as they aren't using bacta). At more than 10 meters, body shots do 90% and I think limb shots do 50%. Headshots will always be one-hit.

Good to know, thanks! Yeah I dunno what's up with the Pulse Cannon, the aiming just felt like it was straight off, but maybe I was starting the charge while moving or something? I'll mess around with it a bit more, in general I'm not sure why you would use it over the Cycler though since the cooldown is so much lower on that one and it penetrates shields. Does the Pulse Cannon do more damage to vehicles or something?

5taquitos

Good to know, thanks! Yeah I dunno what's up with the Pulse Cannon, the aiming just felt like it was straight off, but maybe I was starting the charge while moving or something? I'll mess around with it a bit more, in general I'm not sure why you would use it over the Cycler though since the cooldown is so much lower on that one and it penetrates shields. Does the Pulse Cannon do more damage to vehicles or something?
The appeal of the Pulse is that it's one-hit at any range anywhere on the body when fully charged, it's hit-scan, and there's no drop-off.

Orcus

The appeal of the Pulse is that it's one-hit at any range anywhere on the body when fully charged, it's hit-scan, and there's no drop-off.
Although the visual indicator if the green laser trail can be hilariously off from where it actually hits.

PrankT

My issue with disruptor is there are guys I'm not even fighting, yet they pop that and I'm rendered useless. Im not one to really call lame on a card but one I simply don't like skills in games that make a person not be able to move or shoot etc...and I Especially don't like cards where guys don't even have to be looking at you to hit you with it. Just isn't fun with a group of dudes using it
It's the worst. If you get disrupted you should have a cool off period where you can't get disrupted for a certain amount of time. If numerous people are using it, the game becomes a waste of time. Moving into a new server is the best option.

Top Bottom