• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

The Dude

It's the worst. If you get disrupted you should have a cool off period where you can't get disrupted for a certain amount of time. If numerous people are using it, the game becomes a waste of time. Moving into a new server is the best option.

Pretty much. I try to hang and beat their faces in because I'm stubborn, but after a match or two I move on. I'm not one to call out anyone's skill, but to me stuff like disruptor is akin to playing say a game of basketball, 2 guys grabbing you for 3 seconds rendering you useless while someone runs past for a lay up. It's like wow ok yea you're great.

MrDaravon

HOLY SHIT I WON MY FIRST HERO HUNT MATCH PRAISE JESUS

Got the 20 Hero Hunt kills challenge I had never completed so was like sure why not. 2nd match it loads us into Rebel Depot, and I took the advice someone here (?) gave of mashing into the game ASAP to increase your odds of being the first random hero and it was me and I got Nien Nunb. Just ran circles through the tunnels in the map dropping mines and turrets, got 23 kills. Going into the end I was still in the lead with 2nd place having 16 kills and I got to be the hero again, did the exact same thing and actually ended the game with getting 50 kills, which is something I don't think I've ever actually seen happen lol. I just holed up in a room with a turret in one doorway with a mine, and then two mines behind me; they physically couldn't get through the mines behind me, and by the time they would take out my turret the cooldown would be off and I'd just drop another one in the same spot. Good fucking times. Still need to do that 9 more times for the fucking diorama, but at least I finally got the trophy for a win in every mode.

At last, I was able to try out the DLC heroes for free. I don't have the interest yet to buy the DLC, but the heroes made me curious.

Nien Nunb is absolutely amazing.
Greedo was a bit confusing to me.
Dengar was super fun, surprisingly.
I had no idea what was going on with Lando.

I'll spend the weekend practicing with them and then get the DLC with the two who I think are worth paying for right now.

At last, I was able to try out the DLC heroes for free. I don't have the interest yet to buy the DLC, but the heroes made me curious.

Nien Nunb is absolutely amazing.
Greedo was a bit confusing to me.
Dengar was super fun, surprisingly.
I had no idea what was going on with Lando.

I'll spend the weekend practicing with them and then get the DLC with the two who I think are worth paying for right now.

There's a free trial weekend incoming for Bespin in the near future™, so you can check out the maps and modes too.

Pound for pound I think I liked Outer Rim best.
Love extraction, better heroes, Jabba's Palace map is one of my favorite maps in the entire game and of course the almighty Scatter Gun is included
dioxis grenade and adrenaline stim are very nice as well

I just spammed buttons with Lando. Once I finished the Hutt Contract getting 15 kills with him, I never picked him again lol.

Probably the worst hero in the game.

Orcus

HOLY SHIT I WON MY FIRST HERO HUNT MATCH PRAISE JESUS

Got the 20 Hero Hunt kills challenge I had never completed so was like sure why not. 2nd match it loads us into Rebel Depot, and I took the advice someone here (?) gave of mashing into the game ASAP to increase your odds of being the first random hero and it was me and I got Nien Nunb. Just ran circles through the tunnels in the map dropping mines and turrets, got 23 kills. Going into the end I was still in the lead with 2nd place having 16 kills and I got to be the hero again, did the exact same thing and actually ended the game with getting 50 kills, which is something I don't think I've ever actually seen happen lol. I just holed up in a room with a turret in one doorway with a mine, and then two mines behind me; they physically couldn't get through the mines behind me, and by the time they would take out my turret the cooldown would be off and I'd just drop another one in the same spot. Good fucking times. Still need to do that 9 more times for the fucking diorama, but at least I finally got the trophy for a win in every mode.
Congrats!

Orcus

I just spammed buttons with Lando. Once I finished the Hutt Contract getting 15 kills with him, I never picked him again lol.

Probably the worst hero in the game.
Lando is trash. Admittedly, I could get better with his charge shot, but he is way too squishy.

MADGAME

Last night I encountered a consistent bug when getting a hero. The hero would not select after I chose it, and then a random hero was assigned to me. Once, and this is crazy, I didn't pick anyone and the selection was moving back and forth like my controller was possessed and randomly picked someone for me. Mind you this was Sabotage and I was the first one to get the hero and all were available. All games were on sabotage. Another time I was trying to select Nien, nothing would happen, so I picked Leia, it kind of froze and then I spawned as Luke.

The hell is going on?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lando is fucking terrible and there's no reason to pick him unless you're out of options.

I think Greedo might be my favourite hero of the lot. Nien Nunb a close second maybe. I find both are very useful at either pushing or supporting your team.

I often pick the Emperor and Leah too, just so my team has some support. Always do better with the former over the latter though.

RyanW

Is there going to be a stream of some sort?

My prediction is that they'll show some Fighter Squadron footage around the Death Star. Give people a little bit of a Space Battle fix.

Yep at 2 PM EST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EI8YxV0u2U

t1468692000z0.png

MrDaravon

There's a free trial weekend incoming for Bespin in the near future™, so you can check out the maps and modes too.

Pound for pound I think I liked Outer Rim best.
Love extraction, better heroes, Jabba's Palace map is one of my favorite maps in the entire game and of course the almighty Scatter Gun is included
dioxis grenade and adrenaline stim are very nice as well

Yeah, I think the Bespin maps are great (at least on paper/aesthetically) but I fucking LOVE the Jabba's Palace maps. Not a big fan of the Sullust map in Outer Rim so that hurts it as an overall package for me, but yeah. I also adore Extraction even though the last push is kind of stupid on all of the maps. Also no idea why exactly, but Extraction is by FAR my best gametype; I usually go 40+ kills with low single digit deaths unless I'm on a super awful team, and the other guy I usually play with who is pretty average K/D wise does the same. Not sure if people still don't understand that mode or what, but it's pretty great, and I'm still bummed Extraction isn't on other maps or it's own mode :(

LoveCake

Star Wars Celebration 5000 credit bonus all weekend.

I did see something today on the battlefront community on PSN and they were on about double XP, but I have not been getting double XP.

Will somebody be recording this?

Can I ask what are people doing when the game starts, usually I am the only one at the start ready.

I have my load-outs already set, I know people won't like this but my default is:
*Bacta | Cooling Gel | Therma Grenade*

The second hands I have are dependant on playing as Rebel or Empire, the second hand default for Rebel on Walker Assault is *Ion Torpedo | Ion Shot | Ion Neutraliser* < for everyone as a Rebel on Walker Assault this should be a hand!

I have others set for long range if the map is large, with long range weapons and if the map is small and corridor based short range weapons.

I would love to play in/with and against a team that plays with some sort of tactics as one, especially on Walker Assault, Sabotage, Supremacy, Cargo, Droid Run, and Drop Zone.

I have seen a lot of people hating on Sabotage modes on Bespin when the Rebels have to defend the extraction point, I really like this section as either side, I just keep pressing and pressing, I always see people holding back when they should be getting stuck in.

I still see a lot of hate for this game, I did get day one and just before the DLC dropped I got the season pass and I really like the game, there are some modes I don't like so much, hate the flying modes, I am useless at it, I do think though that it is too late for people to really enjoy the game now as it's been out for so long, if you are a newbie playing I think it could feel a bit overwhelming especially as many now have most of the weapons from the Hutt contracts.

I just hope that there isn't a overwhelming amount of flying modes in the Death Star DLC though, I imagine there is going to be a fair amount of flying modes though, I just cannot get to grips with it at all, I have only really played the one on Bespin as it's in the mode cycle, is there a good flying mode to learn on for somebody that is not very good?

RyanW

So I wonder if with the addition capital ships in the Death Star pack if they'll add that in some way to existing Fighter Squadron maps

MADGAME

2CDJ7lz.jpg

Please have more than two choices for vehicles. The vehicle select screen for Battlefront is so sad its not even funny.
Well it looks like a TIE Advance made it's way into the trailer, who knows if it is selectable as a player craft or if it is a Hero ship
gdgoeqN.png

MADGAME

Rogue One is the final DLC-pack.

#StarWarsBattlefront's final expansion pack will be #ROGUEONE: SCARIF.
It will be interesting to see what they implement from a hero/skin/ship perspective. The tropical/beach locale with AT-ATs will be breathtaking.

Yeah, it's awesome they ignored so much iconic content from the OT that we'll never see (Mos Eisley, Dagobah, Tantive IV) just to get another desert map with some water and trees.

Its not a Desert Planet...

Battlefront 2 is coming next year. And that will probably include the remaining OT stuff and new things from the new Movies.

Top Bottom