• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

GeeTeeCee

Is the game down right now? I can't connect.

When I was on a little earlier the connection was a little unstable, but it did work.

I wonder if Luke's X-Wing and Vader's Tie Advanced will become new hero ships for the new Death Star space combat stuff.

LoveCake

Is the game down right now? I can't connect.

I have been playing a couple of hours this afternoon and also a couple this evening and i got kicked out twice (once afternoon and once evening) just as the match had finished, saying that it had lost connection and i didn't get my credits :mad:

Must me a server issue atm or the amount of players?

At last, I was able to try out the DLC heroes for free. I don't have the interest yet to buy the DLC, but the heroes made me curious.

Nien Nunb is absolutely amazing.
Greedo was a bit confusing to me.
Dengar was super fun, surprisingly.
I had no idea what was going on with Lando.

I'll spend the weekend practicing with them and then get the DLC with the two who I think are worth paying for right now.
Lando is a stud but I can't figure what his one power does lol

pacman85

Like other people are reporting online, I can't connect either. Appears to be down for everyone. I just wanted to log on and get my 5000 credits :( oh well...

Yep: https://twitter.com/StarWarsUK/status/754385424798408704

b33ba05ab48ba24e05f330346fde6fd9.png

Interesting. That tweet has since been deleted. I wonder if they spilled the beans too early or maybe it wasn't correct? Those 2 heroes would make the most sense to use for the Rogue One DLC. Hyped for Death Star DLC now.

RyanW

Like other people are reporting online, I can't connect either. Appears to be down for everyone. I just wanted to log on and get my 5000 credits :( oh well...

Interesting. That tweet has since been deleted. I wonder if they spilled the beans too early or maybe it wasn't correct? Those 2 heroes would make the most sense to use for the Rogue One DLC. Hyped for Death Star DLC now.

Was confirmed on the panel. They deleted the tweet and reposted it because they misspelled Krennic

MADGAME

Lots of info regarding Skirmish on one of the designers' Twitter. What's interesting is you can't choose your skin as it is auto generated and random for you. Imperials will always have a helmet on though. Only human players can play as in Walker Assault, but AI can fly Hero ships in Fighter Squadron. The AI have been enhanced to handle capturing/defending uplinks better, fighting on large maps, and attacking the walkers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dspinnier

I wish that DICE would take Cloud City and make it free for everyone in Supremacy, Walker Assault, and Turning Point. I'm sure it would handle the 8 extra players fine.

Let me reiterate how much I fucking hate Walker Assault. Terrible mode.

Palpable

I wish that DICE would take Cloud City and make it free for everyone in Supremacy, Walker Assault, and Turning Point. I'm sure it would handle the 8 extra players fine.

No it is't. Best mode.

So, I picked this and the season pass up recently and I'm having a blast. Not sure why it got so much hate when it first released. The only thing I kind of dislike is the Star Cards that have charges. (Oh, and I also really dislike Walker Assault.)

Quick question: I tend to stick to the larger game modes, but when I do the 40-player playlist, I don't think I've ever gotten anything out of the expansions. Do I have to specifically do the expansion playlist to play those maps? Or did the expansions not come with any large scale maps?

I wish that DICE would take Cloud City and make it free for everyone in Supremacy, Walker Assault, and Turning Point. I'm sure it would handle the 8 extra players fine..
I would be ok with this, mainly because I have to sit through at least two games of Sabotage before I get a chance to play these modes. I haven't had the chance to play Supremacy on Bespin in over a week.

It would also require them to restore the 20% health on the Walker if adding players.

Quick question: I tend to stick to the larger game modes, but when I do the 40-player playlist, I don't think I've ever gotten anything out of the expansions. Do I have to specifically do the expansion playlist to play those maps? Or did the expansions not come with any large scale maps?
Neither expansions have 40 player games. Bespin has 32 player WA, Supremacy and TP interspersed between Sabotage, Dropzone and Blast on the Bespin playlist. Sabotage is the most frequent after the last patch.

Outer Rim does not have WA, TP or Supremacy games.

Ozorov

I would be ok with this, mainly because I have to sit through at least two games of Sabotage before I get a chance to play these modes. I haven't had the chance to play Supremacy on Bespin in over a week.

It would also require them to restore the 20% health on the Walker if adding players.

Neither expansions have 40 player games. Bespin has 32 player WA, Supremacy and TP interspersed between Sabotage, Dropzone and Blast on the Bespin playlist. Sabotage is the most frequent after the last patch.

Outer Rim does not have WA, TP or Supremacy games.
Can't you chose the starting mode in Bespin as you could in Outer Rim and vanilla?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got my 1080 today. Cranking Battlefront at Ultra, 1440p + 130% res scaling, no drops below 60fps so far. Bespin might change that, with its expensive interiors.

I really, really wish they'd fix the atrocious ambient occlusions though. Or at least tighten them up for ultra, given they seem to be reduced quality to stabilise performance.

Surpemacy is a horrible mode. Turning Point and WA are the good ones.

I dont think that the Bespin maps could hold more players.

The Dude

Got my 1080 today. Cranking Battlefront at Ultra, 1440p + 130% res scaling, no drops below 60fps so far. Bespin might change that, with its expensive interiors.

I really, really wish they'd fix the atrocious ambient occlusions though. Or at least tighten them up for ultra, given they seem to be reduced quality to stabilise performance.

What gpu did you have prior? I've my 980 ti,been debating a 1080 but not sure it's worth the jump. I want the 1080 ti but I feel I'll be waiting a bit

somme

I like almost all the modes and I like the variety. They suit different play styles and moods. I'm not always in the mood to get slaughtered on the bigger modes. ;)

The only one I don't like is hero hunt.

The Dude

I just wish they'd add more Maps into the blast rotation, they were adding them with raider camp, Twilight, goazan, but we haven't seen any since for the actual blast category.

5taquitos

I just wish they'd add more Maps into the blast rotation, they were adding them with raider camp, Twilight, goazan, but we haven't seen any since for the actual blast category.

Yeah, there are still some Mission maps that could be turned into Blast maps, including the two-level Hoth hangar and the outdoor Hoth map with the tunnel in the middle.

Seems like it would be a really easy way to get the map count increased with little work.

Is the Death Star DLC confirmed to be the last? I am really hoping that they add all the DLC to EA Access after they are done making new ones. I love this game and I really want to play around with the DLC more but I am hoping that it will be free at some point.

5taquitos

Is the Death Star DLC confirmed to be the last? I am really hoping that they add all the DLC to EA Access after they are done making new ones. I love this game and I really want to play around with the DLC more but I am hoping that it will be free at some point.

No, Death Star in September and then Rogue One in December.

If the DLC does go free, I wouldn't expect it until at least next summer, based on the timing of free BF4 and Hardline DLCs.

5taquitos

I feel like Disruption wouldn't be so bad if it started the cooling flush process immediately. Instead, you have to wait a second or two until the cooling flush meter starts working. If the cooling flush started right away, you could trigger it and be back in the fight much quicker, while still giving a slight advantage to the Disruption user.

You know, I don't really play it, but when I did play it to get the trophy when the game first came out I had a blast wrecking fools with Leia in the ice caves.

So I only have positive memories of it. :p
God damn you.

Here's a question, what play style bugs you when you see others do it?
Camping snipers. Recently had some Imps sitting on the ledge of the main building on Administrator's Palace overlooking the extraction zone just using Pulse Rifles to snipe and Homing Shots. There was enough room for them to completely be out of danger if they moved back far enough.

The Dude

God damn you.

Camping snipers. Recently had some Imps sitting on the ledge of the main building on Administrator's Palace overlooking the extraction zone just using Pulse Rifles to snipe and Homing Shots. There was enough room for them to completely be out of danger if they moved back far enough.

Yea I hate campers in general. There is something so sissy about it, but that's just me.

The Dude

Disruptor is by far the absolute worst skill in any game that has a pvp mode. I apologize to anyone who uses it and loves it, but the card is just plain garbage in its current state.

Palpable

Disruptor is by far the absolute worst skill in any game that has a pvp mode. I apologize to anyone who uses it and loves it, but the card is just plain garbage in its current state.

Same with bacta. Trying to kill someone that you got down to 10% who suddenly tosses a bacta to the ground and is invincible while returning fire at you is beyond stupid.

Top Bottom