• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

ruxtpin

Banned
I've run into an issue where the bounty card still shows incomplete even though I've unlocked the gun. So apparently I still need to get more generator defense events, but I'm using the EE-4.

Ozorov

I've run into an issue where the bounty card still shows incomplete even though I've unlocked the gun. So apparently I still need to get more generator defense events, but I'm using the EE-4.

Has been a bug since the day they introduced hutt contracts

5taquitos

I have the same bug too, it says I need one more Cycler kill for the DLT-19X, but I unlocked it the day OR released.

LoveCake

Lost every single game this afternoon, no matter playing as Empire or Rebel and I have finished in the top six on my team each time.

Even lost playing as Empire on Bespin Supremacy, I have never seen the Rebels win the last zone in the compound before and just now on Cloud City as Rebels Sabotage the landing zone was taken over by the Empire in about 90secs.

Getting tired of being dumped on teams where members have no idea what they are supposed to be doing, the times I have seen people activating and then just running off, and why does nobody on Walker Assault Cloud City try an activate the beacon in the big tower as Rebels? one game I had there was only three beacons that got fully activated one in the first round, none in the second and two in the third!

Sorry about this but had to get it off my chest as it is becoming very frustrating now.

Has anyone else noticed this recently or is it just me?

I also think that something needs to be done with the Hero's, there should be a maximum of two Hero's per side at one time, the amount of times that one side or the others has four or five Hero's at once it getting silly now, it just kills the game.

5taquitos

I also think that something needs to be done with the Hero's, there should be a maximum of two Hero's per side at one time, the amount of times that one side or the others has four or five Hero's at once it getting silly now, it just kills the game.

That only happens in Sabotage (4 per side), and it's like half the point of the mode.

Even lost playing as Empire on Bespin Supremacy, I have never seen the Rebels win the last zone in the compound before and just now on Cloud City as Rebels Sabotage the landing zone was taken over by the Empire in about 90secs.
This becomIng a huge problem. It is a consequence of the fact Imperials are moving towards and camping near the landing zone well before the last generator is blown. In many cases the Imps don't even bother to defend the last generator. It's becoming farcical.

Sabotage needs changed to give the Rebel less time in the Landing Zone if they blow the generators faster.

E.g. If the Rebels blow the last generator with 3 minutes to go, that should deducted from a fixed time (say 6 minutes) so they only need to defend the LZ for 3 minutes. If they blow the last generator with 2 minutes to go, they have to defend the LZ for 4 minutes.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
That only happens in Sabotage (4 per side), and it's like half the point of the mode.

Yeah, I like the way heroes are used in Sabotage.

Sure, each side can get 4 heroes but you better make sure you won't be a bumbling idiot using one of them because those icons are a one-shot.

This especially for Rebels, otherwise you're more than likely gonna get stomped during the extraction phase.

lawnchair

Banned
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not looking forward to the Rogue One expansion. I'm excited for the movie, tie-in to the OT era, and added diversity of story and characters into the mix, but feel the skins and content will feel out of place with the OT content around which the game was based.

Even though R1 is in the same era, to me I think the skins and heroes will look and feel too different and out of place. I wish they would use the last DLC pack to fill in in the gaps with missing OT locations and skins instead.

At the very least, as many others have suggested, locking certain skins to their respective maps could help. Bespin Wing Guards only selectable on Cloud City maps, Death Troopers and other Rogue One skins only selectable on Scarif, etc.

A post too long for something not overly important. Sorry!

agreed. it might make more $$ sense for them to add Rogue One stuff, but i'd prefer more fleshing out of original OT stuff as opposed to stuff from a movie which may or may not be garbage.

agreed. it might make more $$ sense for them to add Rogue One stuff, but i'd prefer more fleshing out of original OT stuff as opposed to stuff from a movie which may or may not be garbage.

If they play their cards right and put the game+season pass on sale when Rogue One drops, they're going to sell a shit ton of copies.
Which is also in our best interest, because it will ensure a healthy player base well into 2017.
Even more so if they do Death Star right and make the space combat very good.

Played against somebody with the PSN ID TheKingOfBacta

Interesting way to announce to the community that you are a prick.

I always feels sorry for these type of people. Making alternate accounts just to troll. It's pathetic.

bpfd

are there secrets to beating the survival things on master difficulty or do i just have to try a million times

There are camping spots in all of them where it is hard to lose unless you're like me and keep falling off the cliff in Tatooine.

terrible

Banned
Is the low player count on PC making it hard to find games? I'm thinking about buying the game but I'm a little worried after seeing there are only like ~2,500 people playing according to http://swbstats.com/.

Canada/US East region.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Is the low player count on PC making it hard to find games? I'm thinking about buying the game but I'm a little worried after seeing there are only like ~2,500 people playing according to http://swbstats.com/.

Canada/US East region.

You'll probably have better luck with PS4.

That said, we do have some PC players here that can find games no problem.

LoveCake

I am useless on Bespin Fighter squadron, all the flying games :(

I managed to get the millenium falcon and I still finished the game with zero kills :(

I can never get the missiles to lock on, what is there I can do to improve, I keep playing but I don't seem to be getting any better at all.

WillyFive

I managed to get the millenium falcon and I still finished the game with zero kills :(

I can never get the missiles to lock on, what is there I can do to improve, I keep playing but I don't seem to be getting any better at all.

How are you playing and what system?

MrDaravon

I have been trying to get this Deliver 15 Cargo Challenge done for WEEKS now as it's one of the very last Challenges I have left for 100% completion in the app, and I just can't fucking do it. So few people play that mode now it seems like, and it keeps pitting me against what is very obviously parties of people and I just get randoms that are fucking incompetent. Like, in a full lobby to cheese it this would take me literally 5 minutes, and I've been working on it off and on for fucking weeks. It's so stupid, but I'm mostly just mad at myself for even doing it -_-.

I still think I'm gonna have to bribe folks to get a full lobby to cheese the Hero Hunt wins, or get lucky on a broken server with no other people or something to get that one, holy shit.

Ozorov

Sounds like you've missed the lock-on-target-button, which is L2

LoveCake

Did you reverse the Y axis for flight? It makes flight seem like flight. Also, L2 is your friend.

No, however caught a game this evening and the result of using L2 is this!

RF7YQvf.jpg

:D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Getting tired of being dumped on teams where members have no idea what they are supposed to be doing, the times I have seen people activating and then just running off, and why does nobody on Walker Assault Cloud City try an activate the beacon in the big tower as Rebels? one game I had there was only three beacons that got fully activated one in the first round, none in the second and two in the third!

Sorry about this but had to get it off my chest as it is becoming very frustrating now.

Has anyone else noticed this recently or is it just me?

Honestly it's something I've noticed from day one, and it's hugely dependant on the kind of group I find myself playing with. It's probably about 50/50 for me; either my team will at the very least know what needs to be done and make a real effort, even if we're steamrolled. Or the other half of the time my team seems composed entirely of idiots or people who have zero investment in playing to the objective.

I know it's a tired whine, but it's one of the many highlights of where I feel Battlefront's differentiation from Battlefield does it no favours and instead works against the flow of a good match. At least in Battlefield Conquest (aka, the way the game should be played) there are multiple points of objective to capture or hold, doing so is passive as long as you're in the area, and even aimless play (eg: sniping, spotting, tank hunting) outside of capture points can do wonders for assisting the team as a whole. Battlefront doesn't have any of this broader cohesion between player role and objectives. If you're playing something like Walker Assault or Supremacy and a chunk of your team are playing shoot-bang somewhere irrelevant on the map, or sniper wars, it's almost completely useless towards achieving the actual objective and thus makes the players dead weights.

I've been in full games of Supremacy and Walker Assault where it feels like I'm one of maybe 5 people actually trying to capture/defend points. It's awful.

starwarsbattlefront2000u04.png

Honestly it's something I've noticed from day one, and it's hugely dependant on the kind of group I find myself playing with. It's probably about 50/50 for me; either my team will at the very least know what needs to be done and make a real effort, even if we're steamrolled. Or the other half of the time my team seems composed entirely of idiots or people who have zero investment in playing to the objective.

I know it's a tired whine, but it's one of the many highlights of where I feel Battlefront's differentiation from Battlefield does it no favours and instead works against the flow of a good match. At least in Battlefield Conquest (aka, the way the game should be played) there are multiple points of objective to capture or hold, doing so is passive as long as you're in the area, and even aimless play (eg: sniping, spotting, tank hunting) outside of capture points can do wonders for assisting the team as a whole. Battlefront doesn't have any of this broader cohesion between player role and objectives. If you're playing something like Walker Assault or Supremacy and a chunk of your team are playing shoot-bang somewhere irrelevant on the map, or sniper wars, it's almost completely useless towards achieving the actual objective and thus makes the players dead weights.

I've been in full games of Supremacy and Walker Assault where it feels like I'm one of maybe 5 people actually trying to capture/defend points. It's awful.

starwarsbattlefront2000u04.png

Solution is simple: play more turning point

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think the problem is more the fact you play on PC. If you were on PS4 you'd be thrown onto a Euro server if you couldn't find a TP game locally.

Yeah but then I'd be in a Euro server with Euro pings. I could do that on PC too by changing the region, but if I ain't getting local pings I'm not playing.

Raide

Disruption is both hilarious to use and the dumbest addition to the game ever. No other game drives me so mental with its gameplay. Sometimes it feels great, other times the entire game conspires against you to make sure you have the worst time ever.

Still have no idea why my friends and I keep playing the damn game...

EatChildren

Disruption is both hilarious to use and the dumbest addition to the game ever. No other game drives me so mental with its gameplay. Sometimes it feels great, other times the entire game conspires against you to make sure you have the worst time ever.

The highs are beautiful high.
The lows are crippling lows.

If they can balance it out Battlefront 2 will be leagues better.

Start by scrapping bacta bomb.

Yeah but then I'd be in a Euro server with Euro pings. I could do that on PC too by changing the region, but if I ain't getting local pings I'm not playing.

If you knew then what you know now, would still buy it on PC?

Bacta Bomb is the grenade that heals people, right? What's wrong with it?

My biggest compliant is when people use it in otherwise suicidal assaults. The same with Disruption.

The other issue is that when you have tactically out-thought your opponent, it's a cheap way for them to turn the tables on you.

When I used it the first time in a non-DLC mode on the day it was released, I got two abusive PMs.

Top Bottom