• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

leng jai

So they're never going to the buff the AT-ST's health or give it some defensive abilities are they? It's practically impossible to stay alive for more than a minute half the time in Supremacy if you're against a decent team. Don't even bother if there's an A-Wing around.

And this is why I hate bacta bomb (the way it's used as opposed to a 'support' tool).
If the guy in the second video hadn't been fucking oblivious, I would have been dead despite pumping a shit ton of shots into somebody with a close range beast weapon.

sfq5Djo.gif

EeU8h0P.gif

So I am seeing yellow hero tokens which damage me? I am guessing it's the hero token for the other side since the enemy Lando was camping ours and I got shock trapped twice.

Vic_Viper

Bought this game at launch on PC and still have yet to finish downloading after the initial playable state mid DL. How is the community currently, are there ppl still playing pretty regularly? Not having a single player really turned me off but I'm starting to finish downloading tonight.

Any sales for the DLC yet?

Done with this game until death star comes out. It feels so utterly shit at the moment. It's non stop BS all the time, from bacta bomb and berserker morons to invincible partner spawning to speederbike ramming.

Fuck, this game played 10 times better a few months back.

Ozorov

Done with this game until death star comes out. It feels so utterly shit at the moment. It's non stop BS all the time, from bacta bomb and berserker morons to invincible partner spawning to speederbike ramming.

Fuck, this game played 10 times better a few months back.

I've played three times since the Bespin-DLC came out. I hope Death Star will do some good shiet.

Yep. I'm also having a break from the game. Dying Light severely has it's hooks in me and I'm still in doubt if I should get No Man's Sky.
Anyone in here playing NMS? Thoughts? Impressions?

5taquitos

Yep. I'm also having a break from the game. Dying Light severely has it's hooks in me and I'm still in doubt if I should get No Man's Sky.
Anyone in here playing NMS? Thoughts? Impressions?
I'm absolutely in love, but it's definitely not for everyone. Best to be played while chilling.

Don't listen to the blind haters, but don't go in assuming it will be the best thing ever. It's definitely a bit shallow and has some rough edges.

Taking off from a planet, heading into space, finding another planet... That part is sublime imo. Some of the vistas you'll come across are absolutely amazing.

OT: I'm pretty much out for now too, I have NMS and Overwatch taking all my gaming time, and I still need to finish Uncharted 4 and Doom. I'll be back for Death Star.

I'm absolutely in love, but it's definitely not for everyone. Best to be played while chilling.

Don't listen to the blind haters, but don't go in assuming it will be the best thing ever. It's definitely a bit shallow and has some rough edges.

Taking off from a planet, heading into space, finding another planet... That part is sublime imo. Some of the vistas you'll come across are absolutely amazing.

OT: I'm pretty much out for now too, I have NMS taking all my gaming time. I'll be back for Death Star.
This is where I am as well.

OT: I'm pretty much out for now too, I have NMS and Overwatch taking all my gaming time, and I still need to finish Uncharted 4 and Doom. I'll be back for Death Star.

This is where I am as well.

Thanks. Probably going to get it, from what I've seen and read it should be right up my alley. And Battlefront made me immune to blind haters :)

Also: R.I.P. R2D2 :-(

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Apparently the particular power source my TV and gaming set up was plugged into short-circuited today so I guess I'm taking a break now too lol

But yeah, I'll be back for Death Star.

Is it a full pressconference?

With gamescom only a few days away, we can’t wait to take you behind-the-scenes into our EA experience on the show floor - and for those attending in person - provide you with hands-on access to our games.

We’ll be kicking off our EA at gamescom experience on Tuesday, August 16. Mark your calendars for 19:15 CET/10:15 am PST, because at live.ea.com we’ll be hosting a live stream featuring FIFA 17, Titanfall® 2 and Battlefield™ 1, as well as providing new insights on NHL ®17, Madden NFL 17 and our EA Star Wars franchises.

The live stream will include:

FUT LIVE! A view into FIFA 17 gameplay and Ultimate Team™, including insights from FIFA 17 developers and special guests on all-new features , FUT content, FUT Legends and what’s happening in mobile.
Titanfall 2 Factions and Battlefield Squads events, where you’ll watch members of the community battle it out while getting a deeper look into each game.
A first-look at the all-new World Cup of Hockey game mode in NHL 17 and insights from the development team.
An interview with Madden NFL 17 Executive Producer, Seann Graddy, in anticipation of the game launch on August 23rd.
A look into our Star Wars™ games.

Guess we'll see some Battlefront after all :)

SpyGuy239

Is this battlefront rouge one VR mission ps4 only? That blows if so. I wanna play it on PC once I get a VR module instead of buying battlefront again on my ps4

MrDaravon

Ha, so I'm finally getting around to uploading all of my Battlefront clips to youtube (like 40 total or something) and on at least one it's already gotten hit with a copyright claim from SME because of an Episode V music track. It's not a strike or anything, it stays up on youtube but isn't viewable in "just" 242 countries, but still funny.

WillyFive

Ha, so I'm finally getting around to uploading all of my Battlefront clips to youtube (like 40 total or something) and on at least one it's already gotten hit with a copyright claim from SME because of an Episode V music track. It's not a strike or anything, it stays up on youtube but isn't viewable in "just" 242 countries, but still funny.

The worst parts are the constant false positives Youtube dishes out.

Vic_Viper

Origin has the season pass on sale for $37.99. Picked it up along with Hardline deluxe edition for $7.50.

Can't wait to check out the Death Star stuff

MrDaravon

I cannot believe that I cannot get a tow cable kill on an AT-AT for this fucking trophy after literally months of trying. Unbelievable. I play mostly WA too. Tying a trophy to something at best 2 out of 20 people can TRY to get every ~25 minutes is fucking ridiculous. I'm probably legit going to get 100% diorama and 100% Companion app completion before I get this now -_-. I'm down to my last 3 Challenges and last 3 Accomplishments, although I don't know how in the fuck you legit get Blast Master tbh.

Also I am getting absolutely goddamn nowhere getting Cargo Defender Streak, because it requires you to kill someone that has actually picked the Cargo up. Every single match either we steamroll the other team, and/or if I literally try to let the other team capture the Cargo so I can kill them right after it never works out. Most I've been able to get is 3.

5taquitos

I cannot believe that I cannot get a tow cable kill on an AT-AT for this fucking trophy after literally months of trying. Unbelievable. I play mostly WA too. Tying a trophy to something at best 2 out of 20 people can TRY to get every ~25 minutes is fucking ridiculous. I'm probably legit going to get 100% diorama and 100% Companion app completion before I get this now -_-. I'm down to my last 3 Challenges and last 3 Accomplishments, although I don't know how in the fuck you legit get Blast Master tbh.

Also I am getting absolutely goddamn nowhere getting Cargo Defender Streak, because it requires you to kill someone that has actually picked the Cargo up. Every single match either we steamroll the other team, and/or if I literally try to let the other team capture the Cargo so I can kill them right after it never works out. Most I've been able to get is 3.

For the tow cable trophy, camp the speeder spawns on Tatooine during the last phase. Once you get a speeder, circle Jabba's palace off-map until the walkers are vulnerable. Imperials don't get fighters in this phase, so no one should be able to touch you. Last time I did this, I took down both walkers myself,

MrDaravon

For the tow cable trophy, camp the speeder spawns on Tatooine during the last phase. Once you get a speeder, circle Jabba's palace off-map until the walkers are vulnerable. Imperials don't get fighters in this phase, so no one should be able to touch you. Last time I did this, I took down both walkers myself,

Right, this is more or less my strategy, problem is in any given match it's a toss-up between getting shot down immediately or my team is getting stomped and time runs out before I can get it off (which I have been seconds away from numerous times). I seem to just have really shitty luck with this for whatever reason.

Dantooine

Banned
New mode sounds great, shame they only just thought of it - would've been great on Bespin/Outer Rim. Hopefully this (along with everything else) makes it's way to Skirmish.

Top Bottom