• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Orcus

Because it enhances the mobility and positioning metagame by granting more control over verticality and momentum. If it were a defaulted function the slots could be filled up other items rather than taken up. Battlefront is consistently at its worst when stage design regurgitates dreadful bottlenecks and chokepoints that amount to little more than waves of dickheads throwing themselves against each other. I personally find encounters significantly more enjoyable, exciting, and challenging when the jetpack is involved, as it prevents encounters from succumbing to simple stop-and-pop cover play. It also helps differentiate Battlefront from something like Battlefield.

Jetpack is love jetpack is life.

I agree completely. The jetpack adds so much dynamic game play in terms of engagements, mobility in map traversal, and map usage. These "vertically" aspects of the game are one of the main things that make it stand out from the crowd. If it wasn't in the game I would have moved on to another game or gone back to BF4.

Would if Shepherd from Mass Effect was in this game

Yeah, and maybe they can add Trevor from GTAV as well....

But you must play with a partner of your choice (aka on your friendslist) and that sucks and is so stupid.

To be honest: I think the whole Skirmish thing is stupid. I really don't understand that this is the thing that brings people back to game or make people buy this game, something I've been reading a lot. It's a nice feature, that needs a lot of tweaking before it's actually good, but not the be all and all feature that makes the game imo.

I really wish the AI in skirmish mode wouldn't focus solely on me while they're flying. They constantly go after me only while I'm on the ground or up in the air. Really annoying.

Also it feels like the AI on my team always slacks off compared to enemy AI team. But still, I'm enjoying skirmish a lot.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ambient occlusions seem fixed. Not sure if it was driver related or a patch or something, but Bespin maps no longer have AO blur.

On the downside where the blur was most prominent now has a weird stutter lag, particularly when moving the camera, despite how high my framerate is (60 - 90).

Am I the only one with these problems?

Jetpack as a charge card would be interesting.

People would need to use it more sparingly. It would free up a slot for another weapon.

I don't think it needs to be used more sparingly. I don't think it needs any changes at all, to be honest, and if anything just needs to be defaulted. I can understand the logic by it taking up a slot; it's very useful, and thus its use comes at a cost of versatility. But I really feel it's the most sensible, gameplay defining piece of equipment that really gives map navigation and player mobility metagame a unique feel in Battlefront.

It's just one of those tools that helps elevate Battlefront beyond a poor man's Battlefield clone.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Considering that there is no proper squad system or spawn beacon equivalent, the jet pack is essential as far as I am concerned.

So, my brother gets me a 50 dollar card for my Birthday on Sunday because he knew I've wanted the Battlefront season pass forever, but didn't want to pay the full 50. So, he wanted me to use it right away. I had a feeling after all this time it might finally go on sale very soon.

So, of fucking course it goes on sale Tuesday 15 bucks off. Was pretty pissed to say the least. Well, I decided to contact Sony Customer support and see if they could help me, and I was very lucky and the guy on the phone was really sympathetic and said no problem and got me a 10 dollar and 5 dollar code.

Oh, and the reps name was Mario. lol.

So, my brother gets me a 50 dollar card for my Birthday on Sunday because he knew I've wanted the Battlefront season pass forever, but didn't want to pay the full 50. So, he wanted me to use it right away. I had a feeling after all this time it might finally go on sale very soon.

So, of fucking course it goes on sale Tuesday 15 bucks off. Was pretty pissed to say the least. Well, I decided to contact Sony Customer support and see if they could help me, and I was very lucky and the guy on the phone was really sympathetic and said no problem and got me a 10 dollar and 5 dollar code.

Oh, and the reps name was Mario. lol.

Never bet against Mario

MADGAME

Kinda lame that they can't add one WA and one FS map, since that's all there is so far.
I agree. I wonder if the underlying message is that after new modes are added, only expect vanilla map implementation.

So far the only DLC maps I'd really like in Skirmish are Jabba's Palace and CFC.

cereal_killerxx

So I just got Battlefront for PC and am running into a problem. Me and my cousin were gonna party up and play some matches but when we're both in game and go to invite the other, it says no friends are online. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

MADGAME

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not looking forward to the Rogue One expansion. I'm excited for the movie, tie-in to the OT era, and added diversity of story and characters into the mix, but feel the skins and content will feel out of place with the OT content around which the game was based.

Even though R1 is in the same era, to me I think the skins and heroes will look and feel too different and out of place. I wish they would use the last DLC pack to fill in in the gaps with missing OT locations and skins instead.

At the very least, as many others have suggested, locking certain skins to their respective maps could help. Bespin Wing Guards only selectable on Cloud City maps, Death Troopers and other Rogue One skins only selectable on Scarif, etc.

A post too long for something not overly important. Sorry!

Well why the fuck not? It's not like they need to worry about playlists or anything like that.
That sucks.
Agreed. Maybe down the road they'll change their mind, like they did with the number of heroes is season pass and also space battles.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Whoever is responsible for the bacta bomb is a cunt.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not looking forward to the Rogue One expansion. I'm excited for the movie, tie-in to the OT era, and added diversity of story and characters into the mix, but feel the skins and content will feel out of place with the OT content around which the game was based.

Even though R1 is in the same era, to me I think the skins and heroes will look and feel too different and out of place. I wish they would use the last DLC pack to fill in in the gaps with missing OT locations and skins instead.

At the very least, as many others have suggested, locking certain skins to their respective maps could help. Bespin Wing Guards only selectable on Cloud City maps, Death Troopers and other Rogue One skins only selectable on Scarif, etc.

A post too long for something not overly important. Sorry!
This is hardly an unpopular opinion. In fact, i would say it's the most widespread opinion.

Because nobody has any faith in a standalone Rogue One game (there wasn't even one for The Force Awakens) the DLC is it.

Bespin Guards fighting alongside Rebels is a special kind of non-canon bullshit. In ESB not a single guard shoots at a stormtrooper in anger, even after they evacuate Cloud City. It would make just as much sense if they fought for the Empire.

Jakku seemed to fit in well enough. Surely the R1 stuff will be similar except with a tropical map.

The Battle of Jakku happened shortly after RotJ between Rebels and the remaining Stormtroopers.

MADGAME

This is hardly an unpopular opinion. In fact, i would say it's the most widespread opinion. /QUOTE]

Oh really, interesting. Based on everything I've read it sounded like most were very excited for the addition of R1 to the game. I'm excited for the maps and AT-ATs in a tropical beach location, but even though the events take place immediately prior to ANH, the trooper helmets I've seen look out of place and even worse than the Episode VII Duck Troopers.

You know they're going to be high-level skins so everyone will be using them.

Oh really, interesting. Based on everything I've read it sounded like most were very excited for the addition of R1 to the game. I'm excited for the maps and AT-ATs in a tropical beach location, but even though the events take place immediately prior to ANH, the trooper helmets I've seen look out of place and even worse than the Episode VII Duck Troopers.

You know they're going to be high-level skins so everyone will be using them.

Until people realize that water is not a playable mechanic in Battlefront. You can't even crouch in it (see Endor map). At least lava on Sullust serves some purpose.

Most reasonable people would have taken maps in Mos Eisely, Yavin, Dagobah, or Tantive IV over whatever the fuck that planet is called .

Rogue One only takes place a few weeks before Episode IV.

And the new uniforms will forever be out of place on Hoth, Tatooine, and Endor just like the Bespin guards are.

Ozorov

Until people realize that water is not a playable mechanic in Battlefront. You can't even crouch in it (see Endor map). At least lava on Sullust serves some purpose.

Most reasonable people would have taken maps in Mos Eisely, Yavin, Dagobah, or Tantive IV over whatever the fuck that planet is called .

And the new uniforms will forever be out of place on Hoth, Tatooine, and Endor just like the Bespin guards are.
I think the Rogue One-maps will be Jungle-based, and maybe the beach/water on the outskirt of the maps. Kinda like the lake on the endor-map. Or like some BF4-maps with
islands.

I just hope they're fun to play, imo the Bespin-ones feels so empty, one-dimensional and boring. Especially the WA-map

I think the Rogue One-maps will be Jungle-based, and maybe the beach/water on the outskirt of the maps. Kinda like the lake on the endor-map. Or like some BF4-maps with
islands.

I just hope they're fun to play, imo the Bespin-ones feels so empty, one-dimensional and boring. Especially the WA-map
Bespin didn't scratch that urban map itch as much as I hoped it would.

The problem with Rogue One, like Sullust, is the maps will not represent anything iconic in the Star Wars universe. Rogue One may turn out to be a fine film but it is unlikely to capture the magic of the OT.

I really can't believe how many Sullust maps DICE shoved down our throats

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

I wonder if they can add proper water to levels, I mean it's in BF4 so no reason it couldn't be in battlefront.

Palpable

It's a wonder why my win percentage isn't ridiculously low. I've gotten fucked so many times by; my ps4 ejecting the disc for no reason while in a game, everyone leaving, everyone sucking, lagging out, glitched cargo, cheap fucks. Amazing.

I'm just talking about water that reacts like water.

Does it really matter if it isn't incorporated into gameplay?

Then again, DICE's whole approach to the reboot is style over substance. It makes me wonder how much time and money they spend on the dripping water effects on the Sorosuub Pipelines?

Picked it up again today. I did quite a bit better.

But, what's the point of explosive shot now? It's really not worth it to have a marginal damage increase but have your gun overheat insanely fast. I am actually using cooling cell now, and to be fair, I have liked it quite a bit.

I am still baffled at disruptor rifle damage. I shot an AT-ST in the 'eye' part and it exploded instantly even though it was 100%. I always thought the backside was the weaker part?

They really need to fix the glitches for fighter damage. It's annoying in WA, but a complete mess in FS. The only way you're going to to shoot somebody down with a certain degree of certainty is only if you hang exactly behind him. If you engage from the sides, it's a spark fest but with zero damage.

Has anybody done a Pythagorean analysis of their K/D:

K^2/(K^2+D^2)*Games Played = Expected Wins (EW)

if EW < W you are an asset to your team
if EW > W you are a liability

Cycler Rifle ---> Body shot ---> 90% health gone ---> Finish off with Stinger ---> Repeat 4 times ---> Done

Alternatively: Stinger first --> a few non-lethal blasts with any other blaster --->Stinger will continue burn until dead --> Repeat 4 times

Top Bottom