• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Stinger pistol is starting to grow on me, but I'm not sure I am ready to give up Personal Shield for it. Maybe if it gets buffed. Still think it should have been an ordinary star card.

Heroes vs Villains seems like the obvious choice to me. It rounds out the gametypes. You have a general player objective mode (WA), you have a vehicle mode (FS), and you have a hero mode (HvV). With that you've sort of rounded out the gameplay options and can move on to adding variations of those genres like supremacy and drop zone.

Voting for another large objective mode when one already exists just seems self centered and illogical.

Voted blast myself. Not because it's my favorite mode, but it would be the easiest to implement and most of the DLC maps could be included that way, something a lot of people really want.

So I haven't played in a few months, hadn't touched Bespin yet.

What the fuck happened? The game feels awful compared to a few months ago. Either the hit detection has gone completely downhill or everybody's running lvl 3 Berserker. While we're on the subject of Berserker.. that has to be some of the most unnecessary thing I have ever seen introduced. Got the jump on someone? Nope, berserker can easily swing it back into their favor.

Haven't seen much of disruption or the bacta bomb yet. But I can say that disruption is downright dumb. The EE-4 seems to be a staple on the Bespin maps as well.

Eh.. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Pretty sure the stinger pistol is glitched. Couple of times I shot someone with it then instantly switched to cycler rifle and shot them point blank and the cycler seemed to do stinger damage instead of killing them.

PrankT

Couldn't find any full Walker Assault matches tonight. I wonder if skirmish is now splitting the player base even more.

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm glad there are options, but I find slogging through Hutt challenges to be so arduous (I really wanted to use that word). I feel like the best guns are ones that you get at start or right after, but the compulsive gamer in me feels like I must unlock everything - even if that means I gotta get a bunch of kill streaks with a shitty gun. :p

Above post also reminded me that I haven't seen the rebels win a WA match in ages. Granted, all I play is pubs so that doesn't help, but when the game was released I felt like it was about 50/50.

I'm glad there are options, but I find slogging through Hutt challenges to be so arduous (I really wanted to use that word). I feel like the best guns are ones that you get at start or right after, but the compulsive gamer in me feels like I must unlock everything - even if that means I gotta get a bunch of kill streaks with a shitty gun. :p
I feel Hutt contracts are stifling the creativity of the development team, because they're coming up with slight variations of existing weapons just to give the illusion that we are getting something extra to work to.

How many people are still using Scout Binoculars? Shock Grenade and Disruption are mostly redundant. Bacta and Adrenaline Stim are mostly redundant. I seriously doubt most players are going to give up whatever charge card they currently favor for Stinger Pistol.

Not to mention Hutt Contracts don't do anything for promoting objective based play.

Above post also reminded me that I haven't seen the rebels win a WA match in ages. Granted, all I play is pubs so that doesn't help, but when the game was released I felt like it was about 50/50.

Walker Assault on Bespin continues to be shambolic. I recently played three games where the Walker was left <25 health after the first stage.

So chances of getting obi wan as a playable hero is 0 now right? Since next one is Chewbacca and final expansion is the women from rogue one.

5taquitos

So chances of getting obi wan as a playable hero is 0 now right? Since next one is Chewbacca and final expansion is the women from rogue one.
I suppose they could release him as a free hero but I seriously doubt it at this point. I thought someone here was saying there were rumors Alec Guinness isn't down with them using his likeness...

LoveCake

Bit of a mini-rant here, why is it that I keep getting put into teams where the majority of the other players do not know what they need to do?

On Walker Assault, Drop Zone, Supremacy and Sabotage especially on Bespin, when we are the Rebels they can see what the Empire team does to win, but when the sides are switched they don't do what the Empire were doing and vice-versa, it's really getting me down the last couple of days, it's happening 80%-90% of the games the last couple of days, I finish in about the top half of the leader-board but it's like doing the job of two or three other players.

I know you cannot win every game but it's starting to grate me now, the jump-pack needs to be banned from Cloud City, I am forever getting paired with a player that likes to sit atop a roof/dome picking people off with a sniper :mad:

Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest and wondered if anyone else has or is experiencing this?

I suppose they could release him as a free hero but I seriously doubt it at this point. I thought someone here was saying there were rumors Alec Guinness isn't down with them using his likeness...
Alec Guinness has passed away. The issue (if true) is that DICE would have to pay a royalty to his estate and given how DICE has been cutting a lot of corners with this game, they probably don't want to do that.

OT Obi-Wan appears in Galaxy of Heroes so I think the more likely reason why Obi Wan is not in the game is because DICE wants to keep force/saber users to be even (one on each side).

I also believe that Obi-Wan would be a notoriously difficult character to implement in the game. His most iconic skill in the films was the "mind trick". I'm not sure how you could implement this in Battlefront. I'm not sure what other moves you can ascribe to him. His fighting style was very stoic.

Palpable

Bit of a mini-rant here, why is it that I keep getting put into teams where the majority of the other players do not know what they need to do?

On Walker Assault, Drop Zone, Supremacy and Sabotage especially on Bespin, when we are the Rebels they can see what the Empire team does to win, but when the sides are switched they don't do what the Rebels were doing and vice-versa, it's really getting me down the last couple of days, it's happening 80%-90% of the games the last couple of days, I finish in about the top half of the leader-board but it's like doing the job of two or three other players.

I know you cannot win every game but it's starting to grate me now, the jump-pack needs to be banned from Cloud City, I am forever getting paired with a player that likes to sit atop a roof/dome picking people off with a sniper :mad:

Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest and wondered if anyone else has or is experiencing this?

I feel your pain. Most players on this game aren't very bright.

LoveCake

I feel your pain. Most players on this game aren't very bright.

Don't get me wrong, it's the taking part that counts, not winning, you cannot win all the time, and I like close matches but recently the team I am on are getting smashed out of the park, and as I have said they see what the opposing team did to win the match and when we have to do the same, the majority don't do it.

It doesn't matter which side you are on, you need to keep pressing and then hold the position and then reinforce it, and if the target is lost, then counter it and start again, but in numbers, the positions need to be flooded with troops from different routes/angles, it is all about tactics, if a sixteen member team could be put together with people told the positions they need to go to and weapons/cards suited to the game mode, the team would be un-stoppable, the sixteen split into two or three groups all knowing what there targets would be great to be a part of.

This does keep happening, sometimes the game is huge fun and people play (what I think is the correct way, playing the missions) and then it just changes over night.

There really is no 'I' in "team".

Maybe I am just reading too much into this?

Orcus

I have a bug with the stinger pistol. I've completed the first contact to unlock it, but it doesn't show up as selectable. I can't finish the upgraded version since I can't use it to get kills.

Jet packs should be removed from the game, and Supremacy changed into Conquest.

Nah, Jump Pack is fine. If anything, they should buff it. Double the jump height and speed and making us invulnerable while jumping, while shortening the cooldown to 5 seconds.
Oh, and DICE should add it to all future Battlefield games as well, including BF1.

Palpable

Jet packs should be removed from the game, and Supremacy changed into Conquest.

No

And bring back classes, ffs.

Hell no

Nah, Jump Pack is fine. If anything, they should buff it. Double the jump height and speed and making us invulnerable while jumping, while shortening the cooldown to 5 seconds.
Oh, and DICE should add it to all future Battlefield games as well, including BF1.

icnt.gif

WillyFive

That's the first time I've ever seen someone complain about the jet pack. I never read the official forums though.

The jet pack ruins the game. Everybody tries to has one because it's way too useful, which takes up a whole slot at all times that could be used for other cards; which means that gameplay depth is now affected. Not only that, level design is weakened by the jet pack as well, since lanes and obstacles that game designers placed are rendered pointless since players can just fly over them; it's so easy to do so that players are constantly running and flying from place to place without slowing down to take cover or strategize.

Jet packs broke the game. If not banned, they should definitely be left to only max rank players.

Also, there's nothing worse than going to an objective and then being forced by the game to go back because Supremacy doesn't allow you to take control of objectives that just a few seconds ago were open.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jetpack nerfs/locking/banning would be the fastest path to me binning the game for good. Jetpack makes the game and is essential to a more complex mobility and positioning metagame.

It should probably just be defaulted to everyone

The Dude

Yea the jetpack makes the game for me.

I been messing with the DL18 more lately, it's fun to use... It has a nice feel to it

PrankT

The maps are fairly linear and have plenty of choke points, so the jetpacks add some variation to mobility and pathways.

Thinking of buying this game.

Since it's MP only, what's the current status of it?

Userbase wise. Is it still packed with players or is it a wasteland?

PS4 version, by the way.

PS4 version, by the way.

On PS4 you'll be fine. Still finding matches instantly, even on the DLC playlists.
And technically it's not MP only, but heavily MP focused.
They just added offline against bots, on top off the SP missions already there.

The trench layout on the last stage of WA at Echo Base is phenomenally well designed. It makes me very optimistic for Battlefield One.

PS4 version, by the way.

The single player campaign is expanding, but MP on the PS4 is where it's at.

My prediction is that we won't start to see a dramatic drop-off in player population until the mid-to-late October when Battlefield One comes out. There are two other DLC packs to be released although by the time the Rogue One DLC is released in December the userbase will be very fragmented.

The trench layout on the last stage of WA at Echo Base is phenomenally well designed. It makes me very optimistic for Battlefield One.

The single player campaign is expanding, but MP on the PS4 is where it's at.

My prediction is that we won't start to see a dramatic drop-off in player population until the mid-to-late October when Battlefield One comes out. There are two other DLC packs to be released although by the time the Rogue One DLC is released in December the userbase will be very fragmented.

Yeah, I really really love the trench warfare makes the movies version look hella lame.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Because it enhances the mobility and positioning metagame by granting more control over verticality and momentum. If it were a defaulted function the slots could be filled up other items rather than taken up. Battlefront is consistently at its worst when stage design regurgitates dreadful bottlenecks and chokepoints that amount to little more than waves of dickheads throwing themselves against each other. I personally find encounters significantly more enjoyable, exciting, and challenging when the jetpack is involved, as it prevents encounters from succumbing to simple stop-and-pop cover play. It also helps differentiate Battlefront from something like Battlefield.

Jetpack is love jetpack is life.

leng jai

I agree that the jetpack should just be a base ability, especially in larger modes like Supremacy. Right now it just feels like you're ether gimping yourself one way or another.

Top Bottom