• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

RyanW

You know. I wouldn't mind if they did a second map for this mode featuring the second Death Star. And instead of fighting inside the Death Star make a new Endor area specific for the mode.

And add B-Wings and TIE Defenders.

Hopefully Luke's X-Wing and Vader's TIE will be playable in Fighter Squadron

5taquitos

Posted this in the gaming side, but it would be cool if the empire got Mauler Mithel and Backstabber since the Rebels get Biggs and Wedge.

The Dude

Yep. I'm also having a break from the game. Dying Light severely has it's hooks in me and I'm still in doubt if I should get No Man's Sky.
Anyone in here playing NMS? Thoughts? Impressions?

I enjoyed the first few hours, was thinking wow this game might truly own me. But the repetition really, and I mean really... Beat me down. Just needs more, that's really my stance. Game could be amazing but needs a lot more content to make these planets, or I should say to give planets more purpose to explore

And there's an aspect of keeping your life support up, and it's "nonstop" that you're clicking in the menu to keep it up. It's kind of a massive turn off for me, it's nonstop.. And inventory space sucks so bad.

That's where I'm at with it

MADGAME

Some tidbits of info from YouTube and Reddit

New game mode will last around half an hour.

Tie advanced and Luke's X-wing will be playable in Fighter Squadron and will have bodyguards as specific named characters from the series (Wedge and Biggs).

Artoo will be fully supportive and won't be able to kill anyone, although I'm sure someone will figure out how. He will have some sort of stealth ability and will be able to stun people up close. He will have something similar to a scan pulse as well. I'd imagine he will have a shield of sorts.

There will be some changes to the trait system and to the customization system.

Speed boost will be much faster and have a shorter cool down for tie fighters, interceptors, and a wings. A wings shield will be replaced with a speed boost.

Interceptors will have their rockets replaced with a laser barrage, specifically designed to take out shields. I assume there will be some sort of shielded target in the new game mode where this would be useful.

Starfighters will now have a cool down on the lock on ability to encourage more strategic dog fighting.

Ozorov

Some tidbits of info from YouTube and Reddit

New game mode will last around half an hour.

Tie advanced and Luke's X-wing will be playable in Fighter Squadron and will have bodyguards as specific named characters from the series (Wedge and Biggs).

Artoo will be fully supportive and won't be able to kill anyone, although I'm sure someone will figure out how. He will have some sort of stealth ability and will be able to stun people up close. He will have something similar to a scan pulse as well. I'd imagine he will have a shield of sorts.

There will be some changes to the trait system and to the customization system.

Speed boost will be much faster and have a shorter cool down for tie fighters, interceptors, and a wings. A wings shield will be replaced with a speed boost.

Interceptors will have their rockets replaced with a laser barrage, specifically designed to take out shields. I assume there will be some sort of shielded target in the new game mode where this would be useful.

Starfighters will now have a cool down on the lock on ability to encourage more strategic dog fighting.
Is R2 a power pick-up?

MrDaravon

Finally got Cargo Defender Streak and my 3/3 Cargo Wins Challenge so I never have to play this mode again, praise the sun

Edit: HOLY SHIT I FINALLY GOT TO TOW CABLE AN AT-AT AND IT SINGLE-HANDEDLY GAVE US A WIN IN ONE OF THE MOST LOPSIDED MATCHES I'VE EVER SEEN I AM A GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ironically doesn't count as a kill towards 15 Airspeeder kills lol. Which by the way, Walker Assault is going to be the best (only?) way to get both kills with an Airspeeder as well as kills on Airspeeders correct? The last two Challenges I have to do for 100% completion is 15 kills with an Airspeeder and destroy 10 Airspeeders. I am hot fucking trash with the fighters in ground modes, I got an Airspeeder the last match and got zero ground kills; guess I should be going for TIE kills? On the flipside, to kill 10 airspeeders I should probably be trying to get in a TIE in the last phase?

Edit 2: Oh damn, forgot no Imperial air enforcements in the last phase (apparently?). Still got two airspeeders down with Torpedo use, but would still appreciate any tips on how the fuck to kill people on foot using an Airspeeder because damn I suck at it.

Playing Bespin for the first time, thanks to the trial weekend. I love the Carbonite Freezing Chambers, I freaked out when I went into the tunnel that lights up and saw the window that broke in the Luke/Vader fight.

I'm also having lots of fun getting into elevators and hiding with other players. This is way better than Outer Rim.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bacta bomb has done so much damage to this game. It's really ruined a lot of my love for the gunplay. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the worst additions I've seen added to a multiplayer shooter. Just awful.

Hoping for a big sale in the near future that will spur some local folk to pick it up. I'm still having a hard time finding some games at hours where it should be peak.

Missed that Death Star footage. From memory, Chewie is a playable hero yeah? Or did I imagine that?

Ozorov

Bacta bomb has done so much damage to this game. It's really ruined a lot of my love for the gunplay. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the worst additions I've seen added to a multiplayer shooter. Just awful.

Hoping for a big sale in the near future that will spur some local folk to pick it up. I'm still having a hard time finding some games at hours where it should be peak.

Missed that Death Star footage. From memory, Chewie is a playable hero yeah? Or did I imagine that?

Chewie and Bossk yeah. And it's coming a tweak to Bacta bomb.

The Dude

I've learned to deal with bacta by simply not giving two fucks when I die to a loser who uses it anymore. When someone is dead to rights and pops it and they're just invincible pretty much, I think whatever you were dead.

I agree, worst addition to any shooter ever... Like I said before, but i feel sort of bad for people who run around using disruptor and bacta bomb because they think they're good but they're the biggest pussy freebie skills you'll find in any game

Orcus

Yeah, Bacta moved to my #1 dislike after it was introduced. It was much worse before they needed beserker. I'm still a little salty we don't have a proper team balancing mechanic, but I can live with their after round scramble. I swear, they better have a proper team balancing mechanic in BFI or I'm going to write someone a strongly worded letter.

Orcus

Anyone know what it takes to be a member on this board? I rarely want to post a thread, but there have been a couple times I wanted to.

Oynox

Anyone know what it takes to be a member on this board? I rarely want to post a thread, but there have been a couple times I wanted to.
Patience is a virtue. Act according to the rules. As far as I know, there is nothing you can exactly do. Message a mod, if you want to open a thread.

I want to ad something to the general battlefront rant: the way they handled the DLC is absolutely ridiculous. I still do not understand why every DLC got a separate playlists. I can find like no one who plays outer rim anymore. I am really looking forward to the day the whole game gets added to EA Access, though I even bought the Ultimate edition. But it is worth nothing if there are no players to compete with. Ridiculous. And yeah, bacta sucks. Fighter squadron also still is rubbish. So sad.

Ozorov

Patience is a virtue. Act according to the rules. As far as I know, there is nothing you can exactly do. Message a mod, if you want to open a thread.

I want to ad something to the general battlefront rant: the way they handled the DLC is absolutely ridiculous. I still do not understand why every DLC got a separate playlists. I can find like no one who plays outer rim anymore. I am really looking forward to the day the whole game gets added to EA Access, though I even bought the Ultimate edition. But it is worth nothing if there are no players to compete with. Ridiculous. And yeah, bacta sucks. Fighter squadron also still is rubbish. So sad.

I hope they'll change it up with Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2. So far no season pass has been announced for Battlefield 1. One can hope they will try a different path this time. And I really hope they will go for a server browser for the second one.

lawnchair

Banned
I want to ad something to the general battlefront rant: the way they handled the DLC is absolutely ridiculous. I still do not understand why every DLC got a separate playlists. I can find like no one who plays outer rim anymore.

right there with ya. i just want to play starwars battlefront. i don't want to have to decide: starwars battlefront, outer rim, or bespin (or death star). unifying it all would make it a much better experience. i want to play a HvV playlist with ALL of the HvV maps on it, or a blast playlist with ALL of the blast maps on it ..

Orcus

Cool, that is kind of what I remembered from the onboarding process, but I happened to accidently click on my name posting today on my phone and realized I've been registered on this board for three years. Figured I would ask in case I was missing something.

The Dude

Anyone here try TF2 out? I'm torn on it, first one felt different... This I'm feeling a cod clone, what about you guys?

Just feels like typical cod bullshit where guys don't even have to hardly fucking aim to kill you. I dunno. A shame because I loved the original tf

Vic_Viper

Just installed this for the first time after purchasing it at launch and played the Beta alil. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which modes I should start out with and maybe get some cards in my deck for the regular multiplayer modes? Is there any advantage of doing the single player stuff out of the gate?

Also which guns/cards should I be spending my money on first?

Why do grenades feel like they dont do any damage lol? They should be alot stronger imo.

5taquitos

Just installed this for the first time after purchasing it at launch and played the Beta alil. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which modes I should start out with and maybe get some cards in my deck for the regular multiplayer modes? Is there any advantage of doing the single player stuff out of the gate?

If your kill game is strong, grind out Blast for a while for decent credits. Otherwise, just play the objective in the big modes and you'll earn credits. The credit drip is sloooow though, especially when you're starting out.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Why do grenades feel like they dont do any damage lol? They should be alot stronger imo.

Oh believe me they do. You would not believe how much shit you can get away with given the right toss.

Also, thermal imploders =
tumblr_m0u4w1O6K41qmb7u4o8_400.gif

5taquitos

Also which guns/cards should I be spending my money on first?

Just a note about guns, many consider the two starting rifles to be the most effective all-around weapons in the game, so if you can stand sticking with them for a while you can spend your credits elsewhere.

LightInfa

So hadn't touched this game in a good long while, but with my brother in town decided to break it out again due to split screen skirmish- Gosh, it was so awesome. Outside of fighter squadron I'm not that good online, so it was nice feeling dominant for once! I really hope they expand it into more modes because even with just those two modes we were locked in all day. Also not being on the edge of death at every waking moment actually gave me an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the maps :p

bill0527

I have very little experience with online shooters (i.e. I suck) and I just bought this game on Xbox One a week or so ago along with the season pass because it looks like they finally have upped the ante on amount of content available.

Not a good experience so far. I basically get popped and die almost as soon as I spawn. I've trudged through level 4 basically holding as many L's as one person can get. So what's the secret? Do I just have to take this unfun asskicking until I can level up enough to get decent blasters and star cards? I've mostly been playing Supremacy btw on just random matches. I have no friends.

5taquitos

I have very little experience with online shooters (i.e. I suck) and I just bought this game on Xbox One a week or so ago along with the season pass because it looks like they finally have upped the ante on amount of content available.

Not a good experience so far. I basically get popped and die almost as soon as I spawn. I've trudged through level 4 basically holding as many L's as one person can get. So what's the secret? Do I just have to take this unfun asskicking until I can level up enough to get decent blasters and star cards? I've mostly been playing Supremacy btw on just random matches. I have no friends.
Learning the maps will help a lot, once you know where the enemies are coming from you should be getting popped in the back less. As for weapons, the starting rifles are still some of the best, so just focus on getting the explosives you want.

Top Bottom