• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Reddit says the OHK bonus from Escape Artist level 3 still doesn't kill a bacta user :/

rK1lqPZTE7Gda.gif

LoveCake

New Hutt Contract and Trait available!

Escape:
Get 10 Uplink defenses
Get 5 melee kills

Levels 1 and 2 improve sprint speed, Level 3 gives OHK melee attacks.

I find it difficult to do melee's on people :( also noticed a lot of people rolling about as well now?

Ozorov

So what are you Battlefronters thinking about the BF1-beta? I saw some people thought it was very similar to Battlefront.

Palpable

I was about to trip a full health walker for the win with barely any time left when some dumbfuck in another airspeeder (dozersbro) rams my airspeeder during the last loop and sends both of us off course and into death. People are stupid.

WillyFive

So what are you Battlefronters thinking about the BF1-beta? I saw some people thought it was very similar to Battlefront.

Can't see anything similar to it other than using the same font. There are still many out there that think EA Battlefront is just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin (that would be so good tho).

Apt101

I am LTTP, just picked up the deluxe edition for PS4 along with a season bonus thingy. Anyways, this game is fucking hype yo. Rushing across the sands with a bunch of other rebels/imperials, shooting down walkers, the lasers everywhere with the Star Wars music. I really should have gotten this sooner.

Edit: I just played my first round on Endor, wow.

Edit 2: Wow I actually got MVP. I shot Vader in his stupid back too, took him down.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I am LTTP, just picked up the deluxe edition for PS4 along with a season bonus thingy. Anyways, this game is fucking hype yo. Rushing across the sands with a bunch of other rebels/imperials, shooting down walkers, the lasers everywhere with the Star Wars music. I really should have gotten this sooner.

Edit: I just played my first round on Endor, wow.

Edit 2: Wow I actually got MVP. I shot Vader in his stupid back too, took him down.

Supremacy/Walker Assault Jakku and Hoth are the maps that definitely give you that feeling of "holy shit, I'm in Star Wars."

...even with all the clunky gameplay imbalances

Apt101

Supremacy/Walker Assault Jakku and Hoth are the maps that definitely give you that feeling of "holy shit, I'm in Star Wars."

...even with all the clunky gameplay imbalances

I love fighting the walkers but I feel like two is too much. I also melee killed Vader, lol. I bet that guy/girl was pissed.

MMarston

I love fighting the walkers but I feel like two is too much. I also melee killed Vader, lol. I bet that guy/girl was pissed.

Compared with the rest of the character roster, even without the DLC, I think Vader is the weakest villain to use in terms of the big maps. He can totally massacre droves of troops that decide to huddle up at an indoor control point or corridor (Got a 15 killstreak one time because of this). Out in the open though, you're more than likely to get yourself brutalized if you're playing him. You may still have a fighting chance if you're familiar with the maps' pathways and know how which abilities to use right.

What's funny is that he still seems to be the most used villain anyways, so you know people are picking him simply because it's fuckin' rad to be Darth Vader.

Palpable

Compared with the rest of the character roster, even without the DLC, I think Vader is the weakest villain to use in terms of the big maps. He can totally massacre droves of troops that decide to huddle up at an indoor control point or corridor (Got a 15 killstreak one time because of this). Out in the open though, you're more than likely to get yourself brutalized if you're playing him. You may still have a fighting chance if you're familiar with the maps' pathways and know how which abilities to use right.

What's funny is that he still seems to be the most used villain anyways, so you know people are picking him simply because it's fuckin' rad to be Darth Vader.

Every character has their advantages and disatvantages. Vader is great in close quarters, but not that great for ranged encounters. It always bothers me when my team is unable to push into a bunker to turn off an uplink and someone chooses Boba Fett just to sit up top a hill and attempt to get some kills. Morons.

MMarston

Every character has their advantages and disatvantages. Vader is great in close quarters, but not that great for ranged encounters. It always bothers me when my team is unable to push into a bunker to turn off an uplink and someone chooses Boba Fett just to sit up top a hill and attempt to get some kills. Morons.

Boba Fett is a great villain to use in general (when you get used to aiming with R3 for PS4 that is) but yes, I seriously hate it when people become selfish with him.

Apt101

Maybe it's the people playing him, but Luke Skywalker seems a bit weak. I was able to kill him with a few other people.

MMarston

Luke is pretty good. The problem is people - myself included - get so concerned about blocking that they forget how mobile he can be + force push. So they end up getting themselves cornered.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Reddit says the OHK bonus from Escape Artist level 3 still doesn't kill a bacta user :/

DICE say tweaks are coming but I'm not buying the difference until I can see and feel it for myself. I'll again whine; bacta bomb is by far one of the dumbest, encounter ruining additions I've experienced in post launch content. When EA had a little talk about how they tried to focus on making Battlefront as accessible as possible, maybe to the detriment of a skill ceiling and encounter complexity, bacta bomb is the big glaring red light of where they went wrong. I'll never stop hating you, bacta bomb.

On another note I'm surprised they still haven't fixed the bug that causes frame stuttering when heroes enter the match. Makes me think a very small team is working on the technical side of things, meanwhile much of DICE is focused on getting BF1 launching solid.

Palpable

Ever since the BF1 open beta started, the SWBF servers have been laggy as fuck and I keep getting random disconnects from the EA servers. Good job DICE.

Eggbok

The issue I'm having right now is that every time I try to play Bespin and Outer Rim maps they put me in lobbies for the regular maps.

DICE WYD

LoveCake

Keeps saying now that the there is "a slow connection to the server and that this may affect my gameplay" then EA why don't you do something about it?

Also this is now constant on Bespin - Administrators palace - Sabotage as Rebel, why doesn't anybody go for "B" first, why is it always left until last by everybody? so that the Empire only have to defend one site, thus it's a impenetrable fortress!

Apt101

I experienced my first cheaters tonight. Shooting through walls, firing missiles non stop, etc, the usual stuff you read about on Reddit. I just wonder why. It's the easiest MP game in history. Hold L2, then hold R2, booyaa.

pacman85

Do we have a release date for the Death Star DLC yet other than September? If not, do we at least have a date for an event where they will reveal the release date?

The Dude

I have 250 hours into battlefront now and I never felt the connection at all, anyone who says it's battlefield reskinned doesn't know either game.

Battlefield feels more wonky to me tho, I'm trying so hard to love BF1 but it's hard

WillyFive

Yeah, other than the font, they are two very different games from what is now two very different series.

I do sometimes wish I was playing BF1 with X-Wings though, still upset DICE decided to change Battlefront from its Battlefield roots to its current state.

Nemic77

Do we have a release date for the Death Star DLC yet other than September? If not, do we at least have a date for an event where they will reveal the release date?

Should be around the 20th. If you check thelive events calendar you'll notice the bespin free trial spanning 12-18 September and the double score weekend celebrating the release of the Death Star DLC from the 23rd to 25th.

That leaves a 4 day window for the expansion to drop

The Dude

Who plays battlefront and loves it but just can't seem to love battlefield?

As I said above they're both so different, but I'm a fairly adaptive shooter fan... However there's something about battlefield series that I just can't quite put my finger on. Like I don't know of its the controls or how the gun play feels, but man something always prevents me from going full battlefield love

Who plays battlefront and loves it but just can't seem to love battlefield?

As I said above they're both so different, but I'm a fairly adaptive shooter fan... However there's something about battlefield series that I just can't quite put my finger on. Like I don't know of its the controls or how the gun play feels, but man something always prevents me from going full battlefield love

Played a shit ton of BF4 and Hardline, loved those games, but after playing the beta, BF1 isn't day one for me anymore. I'll wait a few weeks and check out impressions and get Mafia III instead.

The Dude

I'm finding no flow with the weapons.. And I think it's because most are iron sights and I hate that, I wish I could just bet a reticle like in battlefront. Some have the dot site but I just I dunno, battlefield 4 felt better to Me

Orcus

What do you guys don't like about it?

I love it :D
I actually had a pretty hard transition from SWBF to BF I, but after 5-6 hours everything clicked and it was glorious. Since I played so much BF4 I didn't expect to have a hard time picking up the beta, so it was a surprising turn of events for me. Don't get me wrong, I have a list of things I would like to see changed, but none of them are major changes and I'm still having a ton of fun playing with it as is.

Also, can everyone stop for a moment and give thanks for the first DICE title to launch with team balancing in like a decade! Seriously, this is huge! It even preserves squads!

What do you guys don't like about it?

I love it :D

It's not that I don't like it, but it doesn't give me that "day one feeling" that Battlefront gave me after playing the beta. Man, those days between the beta and release we're excruciating, but now I will gladly wait a few weeks and see how it all plays out. Definitely going to buy it at some point ;-)

On topic:

I was thinking about the PlayStation meeting today. What are the odds of seeing some upgraded Battlefront footage to show of Neo's power? Don't know if the marketing deal is still in place for Battlefront, but if I'm not mistaken, the last few big conferences Sony did all had some sort of Battlefront presence. It will also be a good moment to release another Death Star trailer and give us the release date.

It sucks. Its just Battlefield 3/4 again. Nothing feels unique or inspired about it. I mean for fucks sake, even Battlefield 1943 was more accurate and play significantly different from Bad Company 1. BF1 just feels like a total conversion mod for BF3/4.

WillyFive

It sucks. Its just Battlefield 3/4 again. Nothing feels unique or inspired about it. I mean for fucks sake, even Battlefield 1943 was more accurate and play significantly different from Bad Company 1. BF1 just feels like a total conversion mod for BF3/4.

It's interesting to see the wide range of reactions to it, some say it is way too different from past games while ones like these say it is too much like them.

Ozorov

It's not that I don't like it, but it doesn't give me that "day one feeling" that Battlefront gave me after playing the beta. Man, those days between the beta and release we're excruciating, but now I will gladly wait a few weeks and see how it all plays out. Definitely going to buy it at some point ;-)

On topic:

I was thinking about the PlayStation meeting today. What are the odds of seeing some upgraded Battlefront footage to show of Neo's power? Don't know if the marketing deal is still in place for Battlefront, but if I'm not mistaken, the last few big conferences Sony did all had some sort of Battlefront presence. It will also be a good moment to release another Death Star trailer and give us the release date.
^ I would say about zero %. The game already looks amazing on PS4 with (almost) flawless 60 FPS. If the game would have been 30 fps then maybe :). Maybe they'll show Battlefront VR on Neo?

On the other hand it looks like we might see Mass Effect Andromeda tonight. *Dreamz*

5taquitos

I know they mentioned BF1 being 1080p on the Pro, but was there any mention of our game getting a boost as well? I'd love some 1080p action, reduce some of that shimmer.

leng jai

BF1 beta done so I'm back on this. 1080p would be nice on PS4 but to be honest the IQ already looks incredible considering it's only 900p and the framerate is almost always 60. They should definitely be able to it to 1080/60fps with ease on the Pro.

Ozorov

BF1 beta done so I'm back on this. 1080p would be nice on PS4 but to be honest the IQ already looks incredible considering it's only 900p and the framerate is almost always 60. They should definitely be able to it to 1080/60fps with ease on the Pro.

Yeah Battlefront runs much smoother then the Battlefield games due lesser players and lesser destruction. Will buy Pro if they get BF1 @ 1080p and SOLID 60 fps. Not the "60 fps" they got on consoles now.

Even if the IQ in battlefront is amazing it still will look a tiny bit better in 1080p ;).

Top Bottom