• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Orcus

I have very little experience with online shooters (i.e. I suck) and I just bought this game on Xbox One a week or so ago along with the season pass because it looks like they finally have upped the ante on amount of content available.

Not a good experience so far. I basically get popped and die almost as soon as I spawn. I've trudged through level 4 basically holding as many L's as one person can get. So what's the secret? Do I just have to take this unfun asskicking until I can level up enough to get decent blasters and star cards? I've mostly been playing Supremacy btw on just random matches. I have no friends.
Knowing the maps, weapon selection vs. play style, using your radar, cover, etc... will all help dramatically.

Feel free to add me, and we can play in a squad. XBL: ORCU5 I would be happy to give you any other pointers while we play.

Ozorov

We will get new skins for Leia, Luke and Han with the Death Star-DLC. Leia is New Hope-skin and Luke and Han is storm trooper skin

Yeah BF1 looks insane. Will you guys get it for consoles or PC?

Neo

3orieLWYouYT4W0bF6.gif

Not getting it. This year at least.

1. I'm tired of paid maps.
2. I've got twins coming in December.

As such maybe I'll get the Premium Edition next year. This year I'm just getting the NES Classic and Pokémon Sun. Offline games that I can pause at a moment's notice for a while.

And hopefully a few rounds of Rogue One Scarif.

As such maybe I'll get the Premium Edition next year. This year I'm just getting the NES Classic and Pokémon Sun. Offline games that I can pause at a moment's notice for a while.

1. Was hoping they'd take a different route this time, but sadly not.
2. If it's a boy/girl twin you'd disappoint us if you don't name them Luke and Leia!

Is this game dead on PS4 without the expansions? I sold my Xbone copy and just bought it on PS4 and it can't find any matches that don't need to wait for more players. Will it be better if I buy the season pass?

5taquitos

Is this game dead on PS4 without the expansions? I sold my Xbone copy and just bought it on PS4 and it can't find any matches that don't need to wait for more players. Will it be better if I buy the season pass?

Haven't played in a couple weeks, but I never had a problem finding a match for any mode on PS4, vanilla or DLC.

Ozorov

What modes are you searching in?

I played supremacy this weekend and didn't have a problem to find a match.

Ozorov

It was just any 40 person mode! Maybe I was just on at the wrong time. Tempted to buy the season pass if this game is still pretty active. So much mindless fun!

Sounds weird. I haven't played much since the Bespin-release but I never had any troubles finding a game before.

lawnchair

Banned

at any given time, the majority of people aren't playing Outer Rim or Bespin, would be my guess. the hardest time i ever have finding a game is if i want a specific mode on one of the DLC rotations. outside of that it's generally fine, never had a real problem. (playing on PS4 btw).

either way, what a ridiculous system. seems like BF1 is doing the same thing? buuuuuuullllllshit.

Ozorov

at any given time, the majority of people aren't playing Outer Rim or Bespin, would be my guess. the hardest time i ever have finding a game is if i want a specific mode on one of the DLC rotations. outside of that it's generally fine, never had a real problem. (playing on PS4 btw).

either way, what a ridiculous system. seems like BF1 is doing the same thing? buuuuuuullllllshit.

It's either that or we'll get free maps like in SWBF and some weapons and nothing more.

Now that BF1 is doing it we sure will see it in SWBF2 also. Mixed emotions about that.

lawnchair

Banned
Now that BF1 is doing it we sure will see it in SWBF2 also. Mixed emotions about that.

it's really aggravating for me. i hate the way it's set up in battlefront.

a big part of me would rather simply not support that stupid system. i don't know if i'll have the strength to boycott it or not though. i guess i'll try to wait it out :\

Orcus

I'll be on XBO for BFI. I'm preparing myself for disappointment about paid maps splitting the community and no team balancing. The hype is still hard to contain.

Edit: Saw the thread about premium and 16 maps. It's what I expected, but it's still disappointing.

Orcus

Congrats on the twins man, that is awesome! Good luck with the new additions to your family.

Ozorov

I'll be on XBO for BFI. I'm preparing myself for disappointment about paid maps splitting the community and no team balancing. The hype is still hard to contain.

Edit: Saw the thread about premium and 16 maps. It's what I expected, but it's still disappointing.

At least we get 9 maps at launch and one free coming in December.

Orcus

At least we get 9 maps at launch and one free coming in December.
Yes, of the various premium deals I have purchased, BF seems like the only one I didn't have buyers remorse with.

I'm still super psyched for this game. I'm looking forward to playing with some XBO BF GAF players and some of the other people I met in BF4. I know a lot of the battlefront players from the community side also were in BF4, so hopefully we'll get it going the other way as well and have new players come to Battlefield from Battlefront.

MrDaravon

Hahaha, I've just been hopping in WA matches on either of the Hoth maps trying to get my last couple of Airspeeder kills as well as kills with an airspeeder for my last two Challenges. Just got in a match and got my last (10/10) Airspeeder kill on Palpable lol. Was using an AT-ST and he rammed me but he was weak; dunno if he was giving me a freebie or what, but the double suicide got me the last kill so thanks! Him and I think Prank completely wrecked the Imperial team I was on, I joined like 40% of the way through the last phase and they had the Imperials down to one walker with maybe half health lol.

do you have to do it in one match or something .. ?

No, but I'm sick and fucking tired of unloading shots into groups of footsoldiers and getting nonstop hitmarkers but no kills. It's literally the last Challenge I have left to do for 100% Challenge Completion, I've been working on it for a week and I'm at goddamn 9/15. I think I need to try doing it on Sullust more specifically, Imperials seem to get more AT-ST's on Outpost Beta and on Hoth at Twilight they get fighters in the last phase.

Edit: Got it, finally! Was much easier on Sullust. All Challenges done, only two Accomplishments left; kill 10 A-Wings in a single match and Blast Master. Blast Master is almost legit impossible so I'm going to shrug off not getting it, 10 A-Wings in a single FS match has been a problem since it seems like most matches half the other team isn't using A-Wings to begin with; not impossible but I'm going to need to spend more time in FS and/or get lucky with a Hero ship or something.

Orcus

I cannot believe how fucking hard it is to get 15 goddamn kills with an Airspeeder.
Play turning point and just focus on imperials defending the points. You should be able to get 15 in one game easy. Walker assault is a little harder in that more people carry ion torpedos, ion shot, and most deadly to air speeders, the pulse canon. Walker assault should still be doable in a game.

Ozorov

do you have to do it in one match or something .. ?
Yup
Play turning point and just focus on imperials defending the points. You should be able to get 15 in one game easy. Walker assault is a little harder in that more people carry ion torpedos, ion shot, and most deadly to air speeders, the pulse canon. Walker assault should still be doable in a game.
You're a member now ;)

Jag

Buy 3 copies!

MrDaravon

It's one of the easiest ways to get kills in this game...

It's pretty easy to take out people in turrets and AT-ST's, but I swear I would just unload into groups of people on foot and get hit markers but not any kills. Also on any maps where the Imperials get air support on the last phase is pretty bad for the airspeeders in my limited experience; TIE's seem to just completely destroy airspeeders, and my shots don't seem to do jack to them. I already got it so it's a moot point but eh.

I have none of these problems with an A-Wing/TIE against ground troops so I don't know if the hit detection is odd with the airspeeders or what but I just couldn't do jack shit with them.

Palpable

It's pretty easy to take out people in turrets and AT-ST's, but I swear I would just unload into groups of people on foot and get hit markers but not any kills. Also on any maps where the Imperials get air support on the last phase is pretty bad for the airspeeders in my limited experience; TIE's seem to just completely destroy airspeeders, and my shots don't seem to do jack to them. I already got it so it's a moot point but eh.

I have none of these problems with an A-Wing/TIE against ground troops so I don't know if the hit detection is odd with the airspeeders or what but I just couldn't do jack shit with them.

The only WA map it does that on is Twilight on Hoth. Avoid that unbalanced shit. Otherwise, it's pretty easy. Just fly behind their spawn and keep doing straffing runs from the rear. Easy kills, especially when you find out where they're spawning from.

Orcus

BOMBA ALERT:

Redbox selling copies out of their kiosks on the cheap. Picked up the base game for $8.99 today.
Cool, I didn't know they did this. I'm pretty much digital only, but maybe I would pick up a title this way if it was really cheap.

BOMBA ALERT:

Redbox selling copies out of their kiosks on the cheap. Picked up the base game for $8.99 today.

I've been holding off on getting this game, but that price is getting awfully tempting. My problem is that I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, but generally I'm not a MP gamer. The new Deat Star DLC looks fantastic, though.

I know that the game is heavily MP focused, but is there enough of a SP game to buy for $9? And will there be any of the SP maps/modes in the Death Star DLC?

I've been holding off on getting this game, but that price is getting awfully tempting. My problem is that I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, but generally I'm not a MP gamer. The new Deat Star DLC looks fantastic, though.

I know that the game is heavily MP focused, but is there enough of a SP game to buy for $9? And will there be any of the SP maps/modes in the Death Star DLC?

9 bucks is a no brainer if you are a huge Star Wars fan, even if it's only for the SP.
And hey, maybe if you jump in some MP matches you'll eventually start liking it?

9 bucks is a no brainer if you are a huge Star Wars fan, even if it's only for the SP.
And hey, maybe if you jump in some MP matches you'll eventually start liking it?

Yeah, that's about what I figured. I just got back from the Redbox kiosk $9 lighter but one game heavier. Looking forward to playing some offline content, and maybe at some point jump into MP.

This is obviously the vanilla version. I know there was a lot of initial outrage for the season pass when it was first announced, but is there a general consensus on whether it's worth it? Or should I just buy the individual DLC that interests me? I'm mainly just interested in Bespin and the Death Star, unless there's a really good reason to get any of the rest I'm not aware of.

Yeah, that's about what I figured. I just got back from the Redbox kiosk $9 lighter but one game heavier. Looking forward to playing some offline content, and maybe at some point jump into MP.

This is obviously the vanilla version. I know there was a lot of initial outrage for the season pass when it was first announced, but is there a general consensus on whether it's worth it? Or should I just buy the individual DLC that interests me? I'm mainly just interested in Bespin and the Death Star, unless there's a really good reason to get any of the rest I'm not aware of.

They regularly do weekends where you can try out the expansion packs for free. Check EA Star Wars on Twitter for announcements.

5taquitos

New Hutt Contract and Trait available!

Escape:
Get 10 Uplink defenses
Get 5 melee kills

Levels 1 and 2 improve sprint speed, Level 3 gives OHK melee attacks.

Could be useful on certain maps, but indeed, still not something to replace the scout trait.
Also: bad timing to put this out there, with the BF1 beta and all.

Top Bottom