• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Palpable

Not for me this one I dislike flying the ships so I'll just go back to walker assault.

I agree. The infantry part is great, but I hate FS and the mode is 2/3 based on that.

I got hate mail last night. Some guy said he reported me for cheating, claims I 'mod'. lol is modding even possible on ps4?

Toa TAK

Banned
Overall my feeling on Battle Station so far is "Meh".

Have yet to get my team past blowing up the Star Destroyer but as an Imperial it was a lot easier blowing them up. Also takes a bit to adjust to what's the target dot and what's the blasters from the other ships.

We're gonna release a DLC in which fighters are an integral element, let's not fix the invulnerability bug that's been there since release.

Well played, Dice.

J_Viper

If this is as focused on space combat as it seems then this Season Pass was a joke, and that's the last time I spend money on DICE post launch content

I just want to play Supremacy on these new maps

Seriously 90% running bacta bomb and disruption makes the second part just plain fucking annoying. That in combination with this fighter damage BS is completely souring my entire experience with this dlc.

MADGAME

Played a few rounds. I like it, might need some tweaks though. Need to play some more to solidify my thoughts.

Hutt contracts seem to be borked for me. I always run Scout trait, but switched to Berserker to get the hip-fire bonus while I use a heavy blaster to unlock guns. After 3 kills, I got the kill 20 enemies while using Scout trait toward one of the Hutt contracts. Weird. After I went to the Hutt Contract screen and I noticed several older contracts I completed are still unlocked, but the requirements to get them show incomplete.

Hope this doesn't screw anything up.

They must only have tested him at the Death Star-modes then :D
Hey Dice, us Gaffers will test for you :)

5taquitos

Played a few rounds. I like it, might need some tweaks though. Need to play some more to solidify my thoughts.

Hutt contracts seem to be borked for me. I always run Scout trait, but switched to Berserker to get the hip-fire bonus while I use a heavy blaster to unlock guns. After 3 kills, I got the kill 20 enemies while using Scout trait toward one of the Hutt contracts. Weird. After I went to the Hutt Contract screen and I noticed several older contracts I completed are still unlocked, but the requirements to get them show incomplete.

Hope this doesn't screw anything up.

Hey Dice, us Gaffers will test for you :)

They are perpetually fucking up Hutt Contracts, there's always something new wrong with them after every patch. I don't know how DICE still hasn't figured them out, they've had Assignments in four games now (and they've been fucked in all of them).

LightInfa

So fun so far but every time I play as rebels we lose in first round, while every time I've played as Empire we lose at the end of the trench run! I just need that one Battlestation win for the repeater blaster!

Nemic77

K-16 Bryar pistol could do with a buff to it's regular damage. It overheats really fast and the damage is awful.

The charge up shot on the other hand, is awesome. Almost too good in the right hands. One hit kills with sniper precision lol.

Could do with a bit of balancing. Maybe improve bolt damage and reduce the charge up shot to smoething like the cycler rifle?

Walker Assault needs some hotfixes badly. 5-6 heroes up a time on one team and not switching between rebel/imperial teams between games are just two things I've noticed. Never seen it so wonky before.

nillah

Banned
Hmm to buy the ultimate upgrade pack or not to... On one hand it would save a hellava lot of time grinding for desired weapons...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chewie's ground slam will OHK an AT-ST and AT-AT.

Fuckin lol. DICE's QA and balance with this game is a joke. Must be a skeleton team.

Did they fix the weird hero stutter?

Yeah, I'm not getting much play from this DLC. Hopefully Scarif is all big modes. Bespin was good at least just for Cloud City and Administrator's Palace.

I didn't play much of Outer Rim either.

TL-50 is definitely my favorite weapon so far. It just sounds great and the alt fire is also insanely good.
It actually has recoil though, which I don't think any other weapon has.

Also, seems like Bodyguard is to Juggernaut as Berserker and Sharpshooter are to Stopping Power. Since Scout was made worthless I've been using Berserker.

Also, they really need to add Cargo and Droid Run to Death Star.

jogu

Is it too late to purchase this game? Are all players too experienced/leveled vs. me? Are there enough players in all maps? Where do i get this cheapest and all dlc?

Bacta is required for one of the Hutt contracts, so we'll be seeing an increase of users.

I sure hope so, the combination of both disruption and bacta just utterly ruins the second phase for me as I refuse to use them myself. We had R2 in one of the narrow corridors near the catwalks and it was just a non-stop spam fest in terms of disruption and bacta bombs. Worst additions to the game and I had my fingers crossed they would get removed, alas.
(Better nerf scout)

5u2Noen.gif

eY5ldpj.gif

Just, ugh. I love it how I am chasing other fighters non-stop while they take absolutely zero damage, and there have been cases where I was right behind them and nothing, and meanwhile I get literally obliterated in such a disgusting small amount of time, it makes zero sense.

Is it too late to purchase this game? Are all players too experienced/leveled vs. me? Are there enough players in all maps? Where do i get this cheapest and all dlc?

I'm only level 23 out of 90 and still do ok. It helps that the base blasters are very good although you need to put a few hours in for some decent perks and everyone will look cooler than you for a good while.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gave the new mode a crack. Fucking hate it.

Phase one: tedious, boring space combat with garbage, shallow game systems.
Phase two: obnoxious corridor bottlenecks of people throwing themselves up against each other while spamming bacta and disruption.
Phase three: tedious, boring, oddly conceived space combat objective.

Pass. Doubt I'll ever boot it up again. The absence of new maps for Walker Assault and co just makes this an entire waste of money. In fact, outside of the new heroes, the season pass has been a gimmicky waste of money of money full stop. The game still plays by far its best in supremacy and walker assault, along with the smaller game modes on the more open maps that permit vertical play.

I mean, I guess it's hard to expect much more from a pack called Death Star. Of course there were going to be corridors after corridors. But it makes for pure shit gameplay of dumb bottlenecks. Player after player throwing themselves against each other. Aimless, tactless, boring.

I hope Battlefront 2 has absolutely none of this D grade level design.

Ozorov

Gave the new mode a crack. Fucking hate it.

Phase one: tedious, boring space combat with garbage, shallow game systems.
Phase two: obnoxious corridor bottlenecks of people throwing themselves up against each other while spamming bacta and disruption.
Phase three: tedious, boring, oddly conceived space combat objective.

Pass. Doubt I'll ever boot it up again. The absence of new maps for Walker Assault and co just makes this an entire waste of money. In fact, outside of the new heroes, the season pass has been a gimmicky waste of money of money full stop. The game still plays by far its best in supremacy and walker assault, along with the smaller game modes on the more open maps that permit vertical play.

I mean, I guess it's hard to expect much more from a pack called Death Star. Of course there were going to be corridors after corridors. But it makes for pure shit gameplay of dumb bottlenecks. Player after player throwing themselves against each other. Aimless, tactless, boring.

I hope Battlefront 2 has absolutely none of this D grade level design.

Amen

I'm actually enjoying it, especially the first phase. But that being said, I really like playing FS. It's a really nice map and dogfighting in the asteroid field is awesome.
I still think Outer Rim and Bespin are better expansions, but I can see myself playing a round of Battle Station now and then.
However: they really need to add some more modes like Cargo, Droidrun and HvV to the playlist. Those modes would make the new maps far more enjoyable to play on and would make a nice change for the people that don't enjoy flying.

Not liking Battle Station, barring the trench run (despite never being chosen).

The gunplay seems broken in the latest patch, getting instadropped while people just soak up a 100 shots. And I have a steady 3.5kdr, so it's not like I am utter shit at the game. It just feels completely off.

Then there's the amazing map design. Man, I do hope you like corner camping, bacta bomb and disruption.

Highly disappointed.

Spawned over a chasm, instadeath - check.
Spawned on top of a proximity bomb - check.

Great testing.

Yeah, one big reason I don't like small maps is amplified by Death Star. Numerous times have I caught people sitting on consoles right around a corner just camping.

LightInfa

I sure hope so, the combination of both disruption and bacta just utterly ruins the second phase for me as I refuse to use them myself. We had R2 in one of the narrow corridors near the catwalks and it was just a non-stop spam fest in terms of disruption and bacta bombs. Worst additions to the game and I had my fingers crossed they would get removed, alas.
(Better nerf scout)

Just, ugh. I love it how I am chasing other fighters non-stop while they take absolutely zero damage, and there have been cases where I was right behind them and nothing, and meanwhile I get literally obliterated in such a disgusting small amount of time, it makes zero sense.

Based on the gif I'd suggest leading a little more - in my experience explosions/sparks don't always match up with actual hits, and auto lock usually doesn't lead your target enough automatically.

I'm actually enjoying it, especially the first phase. But that being said, I really like playing FS. It's a really nice map and dogfighting in the asteroid field is awesome.
I still think Outer Rim and Bespin are better expansions, but I can see myself playing a round of Battle Station now and then.
However: they really need to add some more modes like Cargo, Droidrun and HvV to the playlist. Those modes would make the new maps far more enjoyable to play on and would make a nice change for the people that don't enjoy flying.

Yeah as someone who plays vastly more FS than any other mode- this is like a dream come true. Now given its length I probably won't be playing it constantly, but its been absolutely worth it. From the moment this game launched its strength has been realizing the audiovisual experience of the movies in game form - the original Battlefronts didn't come remotely close to making you feel like you were in the movies. For me, Battlestation is another feather in that cap - the immersion is just incredible.

It's the first stage that's the problem. Honestly I'd rather have two ground rounds. The first round being an infiltration. The Rebels only have a limited number of respawns and have to disable the hanger tractor beam before the Empire kills them all. Second round and third round are the same.

LightInfa

It's the first stage that's the problem. Honestly I'd rather have two ground rounds. The first round being an infiltration. The Rebels only have a limited number of respawns and have to disable the hanger tractor beam before the Empire kills them all. Second round and third round are the same.

You know I wouldn't mind this at all - especially given that the first stage still isn't very well balanced (still haven't been on a rebel team that's beaten it - although just played a match where we killed the bridge the second after the round ended - thus spawning the stage transition scene behind the score screen!).

Really the Millenium Falcon is crucial to getting through the first stage because of its damage output, but with stuff like laser barrage on the Interceptors Imperials can rip through that thing so quickly.

5taquitos

Someone on Reddit found unfinished code for flyable B-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Bombers, and TIE Defender, so they'll likely become flyable by the next major patch!

Also, I'm actually a big fan of the two fighter squadron modes in Battle Station, I think they're the two best maps for FS yet.

5taquitos

Well people were clamoring for space battles so you can't really blame DICE for going all in with the Death Star DLC.

My only real disappointment with the DLC, besides the lack of obvious game modes like Cargo and Droid Run, is that there's no Tantive IV map. I thought for sure this would be the pack to include it in, especially since they have the right skins for it now.

One thing I would like to see changed is the way the first phase works. Let us play the second phase, regardless of a win or loss for the rebels. Just give them some sort of advantage in the second phase if they win and keep things the way they are when they loose. The mode is heavily skewed towards the Imperials anyway. It sucks if the game ends after the first phase, especially for those that don't like FS.

Someone on Reddit found unfinished code for flyable B-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Bombers, and TIE Defender, so they'll likely become flyable by the next major patch!

Also, I'm actually a big fan of the two fighter squadron modes in Battle Station, I think they're the two best maps for FS yet.

Is regular Fighter Squadron also on the Star Destroyer map?

Top Bottom