• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Palpable

Cargo is one of the best modes, yet they barely support it. How difficult is it to make cargo work for one of the Death Star maps?

Dantooine

Banned
Played a few games earlier. It's pretty good, though it's certainly not a given to reach phase two of battle station. I had three games end on the first phase all because no one was shooting at the Star Destroyer's weak points.

The interior maps are great, Blast is really good in these maps, though you still get put back into the playlist rotation - I thought they had changed that? Didn't get a chance to play Bossk or Chewie yet, but Bossk looks too small - not much of a complaint.

I'm loving the updated traits. Sharpshooter is now my go to as I always aim down sights. Really good changes.

The third phase is probably the weakest. It's a bit confusing as to where you should go if you're a rebel, but I guess that will pass once the trench layout is memorised... That main thing I found lacking was any sense of speed. Because if the way the trench has been done I found myself gingerly edging around corners, going fairly slow. Clip anything and you blow up. The Death Star battles in the films had a real sense of speed which is missing here. Still good though.

The Hutt contracts showing up after a game seem to be fixed, but it still takes an age to leave a game or get to the next one.

adj_noun

Tried Fighter Squadron out.

Was the Rebels, got a hero token, chose Red 5, spawned in as the Falcon. Destroyed a Slave One and got a notification that I'd destroyed Vader's TIE Advanced.

A decent number of times I was killing enemy ships with no kill notification, just damage inflicted. I still think I was getting credit for kills, just nothing popping up on screen and no pilot commentary.

I spawned in a B Wing which immediately crashed and blew up.

Imperial fighters are still inferior to the Rebels.

Yeah.

MADGAME

165k for all skins and Hutt Contracts.
Apparently there are already R2 griefers in Battlestation mode, throwing the match by fucking off and not going to the extraction point.

Thanks for the patch notes, Slasher.

Nemic77

Battle station is lot's of fun and the interior maps make for some great corridor firefights. The trench run map is probably the bes fighter squadron map too. The trench tunnels are fun to evade fighters.

Jumped into a quick walker assault game and it seems its bugged. Rebels had all heroes in play.

5taquitos

Yeah, I don't like Battle Station at all. Why the fuck can't we get classic Conquest on all maps?
It should be pretty clear at this point that Conquest isn't coming to this game.

Apparently Chewie can take an AT-AT down from 100 to 0 on his own, not surprised that they neglected to test everything...again.

So my provider decided that today would be a great day for outages.

Been playing Skirmish, some observations:
- Fighter damage STILL broken. Jeesh, I literally kept behind the falcon and unloaded Slave 1 until weapons overheated, NOTHING.
- No Vader/Luke in normal fighter squadron, no idea as to why not.

- Bryar pistol shreds vehicles. Use cooling cell and laugh your ass off.
- Repeater seems a tad weak, but might need more testing.
- Not sure how to feel on Chewy. Love his single bolt, it's also as if damage per bolt decreases as the number of bolts add up. Not entirely sure if that's true, but if it is, then it would mean that his effective range gets progressively smaller but he does get stronger in it with the shotgun spread. Still like simply having 1 bolt for range purposes though.

Still a lot of Skirmish bugs not fixed as the hero pickup one. Shame, framerate dropped like mad on Endor too, so wonder how that goes online.

Mother fucking christ. Had the AT-AT down to 1 health on Endor and the fucking server crashes.

AND IT FUCKING DIDN'T SAVE MY PROGRESS SO I LOST HALF A DOZEN UNLOCKS.

I'm done.

Edit: It saved half of my unlocks. Okay.

MADGAME

Take this a rumor, but a datamining redditor found an upcoming mode called Hero Blast. Same guy who found and leaked modes in the past prior to their implementation.

Apparently it is a Hero Team Deathmatch on the Death Star.

a4glziwgjnmx_zpsyu4konlv.png

Reddit Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...hero_blast_unannounced_season_pass_hero_team/

5taquitos

Take this a rumor, but a datamining redditor found an upcoming mode called Hero Blast. Same guy who found and leaked modes in the past prior to their implementation.

Apparently it is a Hero Team Deathmatch on the Death Star.

Very cool if true (and it likely is). I hope they add more Season Pass modes in the future.

Played for a bit and I'm done with the DLC. I don't want to play Fighter Squadron or any other air combat focused game mode. Blast and rescuing R2D2 part are nice, but air combat is just a fucking chore and I don't want to play it. Those rounds go on forever and they just aren't fun. If I want to play something like that, I'll play a good game like Elite Dangerous or Everspace. So yeah, the only DLC specific Hutt Contract was to win a round on Battlestation and I did that, so I don't have to play it anymore. I'm going back to Walker Assault.

/rant

Played for a bit and I'm done with the DLC. I don't want to play Fighter Squadron or any other air combat focused game mode. Blast and rescuing R2D2 part are nice, but air combat is just a fucking chore and I don't want to play it. Those rounds go on forever and they just aren't fun. If I want to play something like that, I'll play a good game like Elite Dangerous or Everspace. So yeah, the only DLC specific Hutt Contact was to win a round on Battlestation and I did that, so I don't have to play it anymore. I'm going back to Walker Assault.

/rant

I have to agree with this. While I played my fair share of Fighter Squadron early in the game's life, it just gets old quickly. I think I'll occasionally jump in for some Battle Station but the fact that 75-80% of the entire 20+ min game is set in Fight Squadron, it's gonna be a rare thing for me. Real let down compared to the other two DLC's for me, game mode wise.

As for the rest concerning heroes, weapons, and other changes, it actually seems very promising, so overall good impressions so far.

Nemic77

TL-50 is pretty fun. I can see it maybe get a small nerf in accuracy in the future.

Looking forward to unlock the K-16 Bryar pistol but I haven't been able to get the Han Solo kills.

Ozorov

I have to agree with this. While I played my fair share of Fighter Squadron early in the game's life, it just gets old quickly. I think I'll occasionally jump in for some Battle Station but the fact that 75-80% of the entire 20+ min game is set in Fight Squadron, it's gonna be a rare thing for me. Real let down compared to the other two DLC's for me, game mode wise.

As for the rest concerning heroes, weapons, and other changes, it actually seems very promising, so overall good impressions so far.

Played for a bit and I'm done with the DLC. I don't want to play Fighter Squadron or any other air combat focused game mode. Blast and rescuing R2D2 part are nice, but air combat is just a fucking chore and I don't want to play it. Those rounds go on forever and they just aren't fun. If I want to play something like that, I'll play a good game like Elite Dangerous or Everspace. So yeah, the only DLC specific Hutt Contract was to win a round on Battlestation and I did that, so I don't have to play it anymore. I'm going back to Walker Assault.

/rant

I agree with you both, but I don't like FS either so. And I don't think this game does good with small indoor maps, which the inside of the death star looks like from what I played.

Yeah, the kill times are insane on smaller maps. There's just too much spamming stuff now. There are times I've died and I don't even know wtf happened.

Also why isn't Wookiee a rebel skin? It should have been the level 90 skin, unless they are saving it for next update.

I can't believe that I still haven't been able to get a kill on Slave 1. Every fucking time I get close on the new maps the asshole will just crash on purpose.

GeeTeeCee

Huh, I managed to fulfil one of the contract requirements for the "sapper" contract without actually doing any of the things it wanted me to (get 20 kills using scout trait - I didn't get 20 kills, nor was I using the scout trait).

Also, Battle Station has replaced my usual cries of "play the objective" with cries of "get in the fucking trench."

FN-2187

Tried the DLC for about an hour. A little disappointed in how few game modes there are, but I am so happy about no helmetless stormtroopers that I don't care.

Ozorov

I wish they would change up the multiplayer playlists so that the DLC maps change between matches or something.

They could just add a server browser like in BF4 so the admin can chose maps / rotation and whatever changes you wanna do. If you wanna join a server with Outer Rim, Vanilla and Death Star-DLC you must own them all.

Top Bottom