• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Endor, Judland Wastes, Sullust, Jakku are all great Supremacy maps. Outpost Beta is good, Twilight on Hoth is okay, and Survivors of Endor is bad.

I wish they'd add more free 40 player maps.

5taquitos

Endor, Judland Wastes, Sullust, Jakku are all great Supremacy maps. Outpost Beta is good, Twilight on Hoth is okay, and Survivors of Endor is bad.

I wish they'd add more free 40 player maps.

The Bespin WA/Turning Point map should be free. It's the only big map they've added to the game, and as a season pass owner I wouldn't give a shit if it was added to the vanilla playlist for free.

Ozorov

The Bespin WA/Turning Point map should be free. It's the only big map they've added to the game, and as a season pass owner I wouldn't give a shit if it was added to the vanilla playlist for free.
Nah. Twilight on Hoth and Survivors on Endor was free.

Hi, I'm a Battlefront noob relatively speaking and I've just dipped on the season pass.

How do I find "Battle Station" mode? I only see the Death Star expansion pack playlist and that seems to play the three stages in a random order. Like earlier it went Fighter Squadron > Blast > Battle Station > Blast.

The rebels destroyed the Death Star but that was not shown. It doesn't feel like a connected three-part experience, especially as I switched sides each time. I was expecting some kind of three-part experience with some cinematic and an overall scope post-Death Star attack.

Have I got it completely wrong?

5taquitos

Hi, I'm a Battlefront noob relatively speaking and I've just dipped on the season pass.

How do I find "Battle Station" mode? I only see the Death Star expansion pack playlist and that seems to play the three stages in a random order. Like earlier it went Fighter Squadron > Blast > Battle Station > Blast.

The rebels destroyed the Death Star but that was not shown. It doesn't feel like a connected three-part experience, especially as I switched sides each time. I was expecting some kind of three-part experience with some cinematic and an overall scope post-Death Star attack.

Have I got it completely wrong?

You can press Square (PS4) on the Death Star icon to select the game mode you want to play first, but you'll be cycled back into the regular playlist when the match ends.

Not sure why you didn't see the DS explode, could have been a bug.

You can press Square (PS4) on the Death Star icon to select the game mode you want to play first, but you'll be cycled back into the regular playlist when the match ends.

Not sure why you didn't see the DS explode, could have been a bug.

Thanks.

So there's no end-to-end experience. That's a real missed opportunity I think.

5taquitos

Thanks.

So there's no end-to-end experience. That's a real missed opportunity I think.
Well Battle Station is a three-stage mode, so you may have gotten in at the end.

Also, changes to the DLC playlists are supposedly in the works to allow a us to pick a mode and stick with it.

Well Battle Station is a three-stage mode, so you may have gotten in at the end.

Also, changes to the DLC playlists are supposedly in the works to allow a us to pick a mode and stick with it.

Ah, so I selected Battle Station mode but as the Rebs you have to win the first two rounds to get to the final Death Star assault. So what's been happening is as a Reb my team has failed in rescuing R2 so it starts from Diversion again, but this time I'm an Imp.

I do find Battlefront doesn't explain its modes very well.

This guy was cheating so hard, it was almost comical. His jetpack never went on cooldown and he was one shotting people with a RT-97C. He would be on the other side of the map and killed me with one shot from it lol.

Finally only have one Hutt Contract left to unlock, think it's for shock grenade upgrade, but can't remember. Just know I need 2 or 3 kills on Dengar to get it :)

Really haven't played Battlefront at all much since Bespin release but catching up quick and getting back into it a bit better. Servers have seemed really laggy most games though.

After initially not liking the heavy repeater, I gave it another shot tonight and it really is a beast weapon, lol. Shreds people in tight corridor maps especially coupled with that secondary fire.

Unlocked the new pistol after my last game tonight, gonna try that out tomorrow. Haven't been killed by it yet so I'm wondering if it's just not very good or if a lot of people haven't unlocked it yet (probably bc those Han Solo kills on the contract).

coughlanio

Just picked this up on PC this morning. Anyone here playing on PC? Would be great to play with a few gaffers to show me the ropes.

Same name as here on Origin, or add me on Discord: Teddy#3771

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I don't think I'm digging this whole motion-blur/DOF filter they've added to all the fighter squadron stuff.

Kind of interested in buying the season pass.

This game is totally a relax and don't care game. I feel like there's little skill involved and everyones just shooting everyone and spamming everything.

Wait, didn't they add some kind of single player component? Bots? That might be the best way to catch up and get some use out of the maps I've received in the months I've put this game down since when I tried loading Bespin, I got crickets.

MMarston

Wait, didn't they add some kind of single player component? Bots? That might be the best way to catch up and get some use out of the maps I've received in the months I've put this game down since when I tried loading Bespin, I got crickets.

Yeah, there's a Skirmish mode now with bots, but it only has Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron vanilla maps+the free update maps.

Sweet.

Just need 5 more wins on Battle Station and then I'm done with that mode.
Only need three more. Though playing all three rounds can really get your score up there. I might just play it for the weekend to get credits and rank up. I want that Rebel Pilot and Imperial Officer outfits.

13 more kills with goddamn Han, he just sucks.

Palpable

Only need three more. Though playing all three rounds can really get your score up there. I might just play it for the weekend to get credits and rank up. I want that Rebel Pilot and Imperial Officer outfits.

13 more kills with goddamn Han, he just sucks.

Han is great for uplink defense. Sit back and use his Lucky Shot to pick off soldiers. You can take down TIE's if they're not doing crazy maneuvers in the air.

Sweet.

Just need 5 more wins on Battle Station and then I'm done with that mode.
So much anticipation for nothing.

I am legit worried by the time I am reunited with my PS4 in November Battle Station will be a ghost town.

Is it too much to ask for some Cargo on the DS? I mean, since it's an indoor mode?

OldMan

Banned
Kind of interested in buying the season pass.

This game is totally a relax and don't care game. I feel like there's little skill involved and everyones just shooting everyone and spamming everything.
For me, it's playing a lot of cool modes you'd see in other shooters (extraction, cargo etc.) but with the Star Wars theme and Dice's solid foundations....

Yesterday I was playing HvV and was assigned a rebel 6-7 straight times and still whoop'd that ass >;)

So much anticipation for nothing.

I am legit worried by the time I am reunited with my PS4 in November Battle Station will be a ghost town.

Is it too much to ask for some Cargo on the DS? I mean, since it's an indoor mode?
Well Droid Run is coming, so Cargo might be too.

I'm quite annoyed anymore. The only time I can play at peak US hours are on weekends, so during the week I'll play between 5 and 7:30 am EDT and I can never find a regular match of Supremacy, only Bespin and Death Star content. Despite there being between 8k and 12k people on (compared to the 30k peak). I don't know if the matchmaking got fucked or if no one is really playing.

SWBF2 better have a server browser.

MADGAME

Been playing Extraction since the Death Star release and have been experiencing a consistent Villain bug in the Refinery map. When you pick up either Hero token (Boba or Vader), the screen freezes on the Villain screen and there's nothing you can do. You can't spawn as the hero and you can't restart. All you can do is quit the game or wait until the game kicks you for being idle. It's fucked.

Similar issue on Jabba's Garage, but not as bad or consistent. I did notice that on all Extraction maps when you get the second hero token, the highlight is always on the first hero, but they are X'd out. Then there is a delay before you spawn as the second hero.

How in the fuck did this get screwed up by the Death Star release??

Oynox

I think I cannot play without berserk anymore lol. It is what stopping power was to me in mw2. Tried it with my favorite weapon, the relby, and it was unreal. Unfortunately I do not have the sharpshooter trait yet but I am looking forward to try that as well especially with the dlt.

Maybe the ca-87 gets more valuable now with berserk too

5taquitos

I think I cannot play without berserk anymore lol. It is what stopping power was to me in mw2. Tried it with my favorite weapon, the relby, and it was unreal. Unfortunately I do not have the sharpshooter trait yet but I am looking forward to try that as well especially with the dlt.

Maybe the ca-87 gets more valuable now with berserk too

Sharpshooter with DLT-19X is absolutely fantastic, the gun feels so good now.

Toa TAK

Banned
The new heavy blaster is my life now. The secondary is great and it's rapid fire and accuracy is a dream come true.

Finished with the cheevos now I can just go nuts again.

Cool bug - someone got a hero token right before the trench run portion of Battle Station and spawned as Leia on the Surface of the Death Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdxxqWpJ160

I would very much like to do this, in a private match of course.
That's pretty funny.

I'm probably the only one here, but I'm really starting to enjoy myself with Battlestation. The first and last phase are really good FS maps and Death Star interior is starting to make more sense after playing a few hours. BUT: they really need to balance the mode. Of my last 10 games played, rebels only managed to win one match (I managed to grab Luke's X-wing in the last minute and was chosen to do the trench run, in which I succeeded. Man that was an epic moment). All others ended after the first phase. And they really need to add more modes for the interior maps. These are perfect for Cargo and Droidrun.

Oh, and you can add another TL-50 fan to the list. That thing is so much fun.

5taquitos

I'm probably the only one here, but I'm really starting to enjoy myself with Battlestation. The first and last phase are really good FS maps and Death Star interior is starting to make more sense after playing a few hours. BUT: they really need to balance the mode. Of my last 10 games played, rebels only managed to win one match (I managed to grab Luke's X-wing in the last minute and was chosen to do the trench run, in which I succeeded. Man that was an epic moment). All others ended after the first phase. And they really need to add more modes for the interior maps. These are perfect for Cargo and Droidrun.

I really like the Battle Station mode. I love flying, and these are the two best flying maps. The added objectives are a nice change of pace from Fighter Squadron as well.

Like everyone else, I also want more modes for the interior maps.

Rendition

I just have the base PS4 game. I logged in tonight after a week of not playing and it shows a 8 gigabyte download that's going to take me 7 hours to complete. UGH.

I wonder if they are forcing the DLC download to base gamers? Why are these updates so large? And why is PSN download bandwidth speed SO SLOW. Steam is about 200Xs faster for me.

I just have the base PS4 game. I logged in tonight after a week of not playing and it shows a 8 gigabyte download that's going to take me 7 hours to complete. UGH.

I wonder if they are forcing the DLC download to base gamers? Why are these updates so large? And why is PSN download bandwidth speed SO SLOW. Steam is about 200Xs faster for me.

Some DLC is for sure necessary for the base game because hero character you don't own can still appear in matches with you, you just can't choose them.

It may not be easy or worth it to them to split up different update packages for different game tiers. Sounds like it would make a mess since certain features of matchmaking intertwine. They probably just update everyone and lock out the features not paid for.

Glad to hear other experiences with Battle Station. Out of the 20 or so games I've done now I've seen Imperials win only 2 or 3 times.. haha. Rebels have usually steamrolled every game.

I do enjoy the new TL-50, it's so fun. The pistol was meh when I messed around with it. Still been sticking with the EE-4 lately. So good on the new Death Star interior maps.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
(I managed to grab Luke's X-wing in the last minute and was chosen to do the trench run, in which I succeeded. Man that was an epic moment)

I think this personifies my ongoing personal grievances with Battlefront despite still playing. When the Star Wars magic comes together it's a legitimately thrilling experience of elevated highs. A tight game of Walker Assault is another good example; I love getting to that last phase, either side, and feeling the adrenaline of just scraping in to victory. The game definitely has those moments.

But they're just few and far between for me, compared to Battlefield which is far more consistent on my end in providing those highs. Like even the flying; it looks insanely pretty, sounds authentic, and popping off opponents feels great. But the control system feels shallow (particularly the goofy, clumsy dodge functions), the balance is shit, and dogfighting remains littered with hitbox and hit feedback issues. And I can't escape this in any game I play. There's always some layer of total bullshit that I loathe, gnawing away at my enjoyment. But then I get that good fix high and I keep playing hoping for more.

The Death Star interior is another good example. On one match I was pretty much the only fucking player who knew what they were doing with R2 (one player actually captured, went the wrong way, and lost us ground). We won the round, almost right on the dot, and I got a great thrill in zipping down paths, using my teammates basically as distractions, popping shield to capture R2 and gaining as much ground as I could. But that doesn't take away from the awful bottleneck level design, with a climax that seems to be literally two corridors leading out into an open area, where the only method of play is people hurling themselves against a funnel of explosions and blaster fire. And that, to me, is just so goddamn boring, lazy, and uninspired as game design.

I know I don't speak for everybody else and it's totally subjective, but yeah. That's kind of the guts of my back and forth with Battlefront. The moments and stuff I love I really, really, really love. But the shit I hate is so consistent and prevalent across every single mode and almost every map that I can't play a match without having at least one moment of clarity where I wonder why I'm playing at all.

Oh well. I'll probably end up buying Battlefront 2 anyway. Part of the problem.

I am really not understanding how to do the flight stuff. It seems like the second I join any of the dogfights, I'm shot down literally in one second. I try using my defensive maneuvers, but nothing seems to work. Meanwhile, there are people going 40 and 5. It seems so shallow, but some people are obviously finding a depth to it and getting better?

What the hell are they doing that I'm not?

MMarston

I am really not understanding how to do the flight stuff. It seems like the second I join any of the dogfights, I'm shot down literally in one second. I try using my defensive maneuvers, but nothing seems to work. Meanwhile, there are people going 40 and 5. It seems so shallow, but some people are obviously finding a depth to it and getting better?

What the hell are they doing that I'm not?

Use those L1/LT powerups ie shields, turbo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can't hit A-Wings unless I'm perfectly aligned and directly behind them. This is fucked and broken.

Top Bottom