• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

I must be lucky, I've had a little lag here and there but didn't drop a match all weekend.

Also, TL-50 is life.

I'm thinking the TL-50 with a medical droid will make the Master Survival missions a lot easier, looking forward to testing it out.

Holy shit, that's a great idea. Totally gave up on the platinum, because I just couldn't do the missions on master. But will give it another try with this loadout. Maybe add the bacta bomb as well.

5taquitos

Holy shit, that's a great idea. Totally gave up on the platinum, because I just couldn't do the missions on master. But will give it another try with this loadout. Maybe add the bacta bomb as well.

Same here.

I'm thinking I'll just set up shop in a room with one entrance, put down a medical droid and use cooling cell for dealing with lots of guys. Then use the secondary to take down the AT-STs.

It looks so good that it makes me sad its not more.

There should be more themed modes in my eyes like battlestation.

Hoth, landing party-small walker assault- fighter skirmish

endor- fighter skirmish- landing party -sabotage.
Yeah. It especially irks me when they say they can't support more than 20 v 20, when BF1 is going to clearly support 32 v 32, and made by the same company. (Maybe not the same dev team/studio, but you can't tell me they can't share resources). Ugh.

Yesterday I had my best match every. I had almost 40 kills I was in first place, I finished off 2 different Hutt contract challenges and with only 21 seconds left in the match I got disconnected and lost all my progress. Such fucking bullshit. The game should save progress server side at random intervals so that even if you get disconnected you dont lose all of your progress.
Yep. The common saying among friends here is "Damn, was this game made by 5 year olds?" Since then, I've just referred to Janitor Bill.

Has anyone noticed any glitches with the Hutt Contracts? There are a couple where they are not registering my progress. The Rodian Blaster where I have to get 15 kills with any blaster pistol, and Contract Killer one where I have to get targeting rifle kills are both at zero progress despite getting loads of kills in each.

Has anyone noticed any glitches with the Hutt Contracts? There are a couple where they are not registering my progress. The Rodian Blaster where I have to get 15 kills with any blaster pistol, and Contract Killer one where I have to get targeting rifle kills are both at zero progress despite getting loads of kills in each.

I had the same problem this weekend. Turns out it has to be 15 kills in a single match, even though it doesn't specify it. I just picked one of the super-long game modes (Walker Assault) and got it pretty easily.

I can't put into words how utter thrash slave 1 is, damn. It's not fast, it's fucking weak now after the nerf and it got zero fixes. Its primary weapon is so horrendously bugged, it does no damage 90% of the time.

Dice, ai love your game and all. But fuck me, you guys have really fucked it up by not even noticing stuff like this, which has been in the game since the effing start.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Battlefield 1 also ran like shit.

Funnily enough DICE games have almost always run exceedingly well for my friends and I, with scalability. I mean, now that I'm on a 1080 performance concerns for both are pretty redundant, but nevertheless I wasn't for my Battlefront playtime and both it, its beta, and everything BF3 and BF4 have ran so, so well. I mean even on my 1080 I'm still stoked I can crunch BF1 at 1440p on Ultra and generally hit well over 60fps.

I can't put into words how utter thrash slave 1 is, damn. It's not fast, it's fucking weak now after the nerf and it got zero fixes. Its primary weapon is so horrendously bugged, it does no damage 90% of the time.

Dice, ai love your game and all. But fuck me, you guys have really fucked it up by not even noticing stuff like this, which has been in the game since the effing start.

Yeah it's shit. Complete shit. Huge target, slow as fuck, flimsy, and the standard blaster is useless. I guess there logic is a blaster that shoots rapidly at low damage is balance, but the Slave 1 is so fucking slow that targets can zip out of your line of fire effortlessly making said balance redundant. The Falcon is just superior across the board.

It and the multitude of other issues, bugs and balance, shallow game functions, etc, just make all fighter squadron total crap and a chore to get through. I'll give the phase three trench run some credit as at least as rebels you have some minor objective variety by playing an obstacle course, but the first phase is a slog. Even if we win as Imperials I feel like I haven't actually accomplished anything. Hollow victory as we just need to do it all over again as Rebels.

illusionary

With the game having hit the £10 price-point, I'm vaguely tempted to buy... is it worthwhile just for the single-player content at this point?

WillyFive

With the game having hit the £10 price-point, I'm vaguely tempted to buy... is it worthwhile just for the single-player content at this point?

There is no real single player content. Only two modes and only the vanilla maps are playable in single player (not counting the tutorial missions), and there is no progression system or reward system for it or anything.

Single player consists of:

- 5 training missions
- 8 Battle missions
- 6 Survival missions
- Offline Walker Assault on the vanilla maps (you play vs bots)
- Offline Fighter Squadron on the vanilla maps (same)

But Battlefront is still a MP game, that's where the fun is. Missions and Skirmish are nice to fool around in, but it gets stale pretty quick.

Still love playing Bespin. I wish I could just play Sabotage on Administrator's Palace and Sabotage/Walker Assault/Supremacy/Turning Point on Cloud City 24/7.

Administrator's Palace is the perfect medium map.

Having played around with the TL-50 quite a bit now, I've had my fun with it. I still prefer the EE-4 for small/ medium maps and EE-3 as my distance gun. I have to say though, as fun as the TL-50 is, I can't imagine DICE leaving it alone. The regular fire is fine, but that secondary fire is downright overpowered on smaller, corridor type maps. It's very noticeable especially in the confined room/hall fights in the Bespin playlist.

Bought the season pass while it was on sale. Wow, this lag is unbearable. What the hell happened?

Yeah that's a new thing since the Death Star DLC. It was fine before, sadly Dice only ever fixes things in planned patches, no hotfixes, so it's gonna take a while.

YprpUzt.gif

I feel the urge to make an entire album of these things and send it to Dice. WORKING AS INTENDED.

illusionary

There is no real single player content. Only two modes and only the vanilla maps are playable in single player (not counting the tutorial missions), and there is no progression system or reward system for it or anything.

Single player consists of:

- 5 training missions
- 8 Battle missions
- 6 Survival missions
- Offline Walker Assault on the vanilla maps (you play vs bots)
- Offline Fighter Squadron on the vanilla maps (same)

But Battlefront is still a MP game, that's where the fun is. Missions and Skirmish are nice to fool around in, but it gets stale pretty quick.
Thanks both - I knew that there was a single-player content update a few months back, but wasn't certain how substantial it is.

Yep. The secondary fire for both of these guns need a hard nerf.

Also, it seems like Red Five has normal health while the TIE Advanced x1 has bonus health like the other hero ships.

Yawnny

So my wife and I are planning on playing this on the weekend. It's been a little while since I've given Battlefront a go, I heard they added some more split-screen mode options?

I don't recall exactly what I read, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Something about Blast mode being two-player splitscreen now or something like that?

Am I talking malarky or is there some truth here?

Palpable

So my wife and I are planning on playing this on the weekend. It's been a little while since I've given Battlefront a go, I heard they added some more split-screen mode options?

I don't recall exactly what I read, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Something about Blast mode being two-player splitscreen now or something like that?

Am I talking malarky or is there some truth here?

Skirmish. Walker Assault can now be played with bots splitscreen.

I love the aesthetic and design of the Death Star DLC but the Fighter Squadron parts make it a bit of a drag. They really need to support more modes for the ground based maps.

Palpable

How would you do that?

Is this as sketchy as it sounds, or is more of a "Hey, I'll play with you and we can focus on this together!" sort of thing?

I can either get on to help you, which might take longer, or I can just play on your account and do what needs to be done for the trophies. I've no reason to alter, steal, or tamper with anyone's accounts. Nor am I that type of person, but I understand that none of you know me personally so you can't confirm this. The offer is on the table. I can also help your K/D ratio. Mine is currently sitting at 5.65 with around 145,000 kills.

Yawnny

I can either get on to help you, which might take longer, or I can just play on your account and do what needs to be done for the trophies. I've no reason to alter, steal, or tamper with anyone's accounts. Nor am I that type of person, but I understand that none of you know me personally so you can't confirm this. The offer is on the table. I can also help your K/D ratio. Mine is currently sitting at 5.65 with around 145,000 kills.

I appreciate the offer but having someone play on my behalf is completely opposite to my style and my gaming-moral-compass.

I want to know it was me who earned the plat.

When someone asks for account access, even as a proposition, it always gives me the heebie jeebies.. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it.

Once I pick up the game again (after I platinum WipeOut HD) I'll touch base when I'm looking for someone to play with!
Meeting with fellow Gaffers and cooperating online is certainly my style!

nillah

Banned
Woah... Bossk on snow maps is straight cheese like that vision can win an entire round for you with the other two heroes camping in the back of maps

Palpable

I appreciate the offer but having someone play on my behalf is completely opposite to my style and my gaming-moral-compass.

I want to know it was me who earned the plat.

When someone asks for account access, even as a proposition, it always gives me the heebie jeebies.. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it.

Once I pick up the game again (after I platinum WipeOut HD) I'll touch base when I'm looking for someone to play with!
Meeting with fellow Gaffers and cooperating online is certainly my style!

I understand. I don't expect someone to give me access to their PSN unless they really want to get that plat. I'll certainly play with you to help you out. Just let me know.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I love the aesthetic and design of the Death Star DLC but the Fighter Squadron parts make it a bit of a drag. They really need to support more modes for the ground based maps.

It's insanely gorgeous but boring and dull as hell.

Got hate mail this morning from a German claiming a I cheated because I bested him. Guy was running a full bacta shield, disruption, a DH-17, and a shock grenade.

He shocks me while I'm around a corner, I break free, he disrupts me, I flush, and has a full bacta shield, I'm on berserk level 2, I land consecutive headshots with the E-11 and kill him while he gets me down to 18 health.

Then I get these:

REPORTED

---

You wanna cheat, fine. I'll strip your kills and give you my deaths, since you can't kill me legit

But I don't even know what that means.

Bad players use crutches like bacta bomb and disruption to do well against other bad players, but when they face off against actually good players they get frustrated when their crutches fail to help them.

Ozorov

Would be awesome if SWBF2 has server browser, then we can have a NeoGAF-only server w/ whatever modes/maps/DLC-packs we want

Toa TAK

Banned
Is this game worth owning now that the dlc is out?
The DLC maps and gametypes are relegated to their own playlists and they haven't been integrated with the base game.

But the new weapons and heroes are fun, and they're across it all. You'll still mostly be playing on base maps and gametypes but with different tools and contracts. If that's cool, go for it.

If not... meh.

5taquitos

Droid Run is my favorite mode now, didn't give it much love in the past. Lots of action and two good teams can make for awesome back-and-forth flow. I've had some real nailbiters in this mode, with both teams at 90%+ trying to cap all three. Some great comebacks too.

I just wish I could play it on all the DLC maps at the same time too.

Palpable

Haven't unlocked any of them yet. But I face TL-50 all the times it seems.

Also, has the game being "laggy" for you guys? Both server vice and framerate/stuttering?

The other new blaster has a secondary fire that kills you in one shot no matter how far away you are, and does insane damage to vehicles.

Yes, server lag and kicks ever since the update

Top Bottom