• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

The Dude

I swear to god, flying in this game is the most aggravating gaming experience I've ever encountered in my 35 years.. I fucking it but i can't stop trying to get decent. What is the trick to remember or how to approach it?

That was excellent. Great job.

Thanks

rad. makes me wonder if i should be playing in first person.

classic use of mocking emote after long distance headshots here too, good stuff

I couldn't play it any other way. That's why I absolutely suck playing as a hero, cause I can't play in first person.

I swear to god, flying in this game is the most aggravating gaming experience I've ever encountered in my 35 years.. I fucking it but i can't stop trying to get decent. What is the trick to remember or how to approach it?

Have you tried inverting the controls?

WillyFive

1. If you are on PC, use a gamepad.

2. Invert controls.

3. Switch the sticks.

That made it flyable for me. DICE flying controls have always been atrocious, they try to make you fly using the same way you control infantry, which is a nightmare.

The Dude

Switching the flight controls helped a ton. Really loving the entire death star atmosphere.

I wish getting a hero token simply wasn't about camping a spot, it's so much fun... I wish they'd do it another way like pending kill counts and what not.

Palpable

I noticed someone did the hero glitch on WA last night. After about 5 minutes, it said every hero (even on my team, where no one did the glitch) was defeated at the exact same time and kicked from the server.

The secondary fire of the TL-50 is making the second stage of Battle Station almost unwinnable for the Rebels now. It has too much splash damage and it does too much damage to heroes.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Hm, I'm actually thinking of skipping out on this pack now. Doesn't sound like any of you are that fond of it at all.

Bespin was great though.

Palpable

Nevermind, guess it was pure coincidence about the hero thing. Saw the glitch done several times today and no booting was done. Could've been a connection issue.

I'm enjoying Death Star for what it is, and I typically don't enjoy enclosed maps. My main issue with it, like other small modes on enclosed maps, is explosive spam. Exacerbated significantly by more and more players using the TL-50.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hm, I'm actually thinking of skipping out on this pack now. Doesn't sound like any of you are that fond of it at all.

Bespin was great though.
I think it's pretty great to be honest. I bought the season pass just before the death star DLC launched and bespin and outer rim have barely got any play so far. I wish the infantry part of battle station wasn't so confined, make use of that giant hangar for example, but it gives you a full star wars experience and makes the flying parts a lot more enjoyable than plain fighter squadron.

LoveCake

The problem I am having with the Death Star content is that when playing as Rebels nobody (a few do) seems to know that they have to get into R2-D2 and then drive it to the extraction point, just playing now and nobody on the Rebel team (I am on is trying to 'rescue' R2-D2, I a just running down the clock now, trying to do Death Star as Rebels is pointless, I don't understand why people don't know what to do.

The Dude

I think it's pretty great to be honest. I bought the season pass just before the death star DLC launched and bespin and outer rim have barely got any play so far. I wish the infantry part of battle station wasn't so confined, make use of that giant hangar for example, but it gives you a full star wars experience and makes the flying parts a lot more enjoyable than plain fighter squadron.

Yea this dlc has pushed me to other aspects of the game like flying and its awesome because I wasn't getting the full star wars experience even with 250+ hours.

This game is so undervalued in the gaming world and its a shame because it's really good. I think they did great ultimately and makes me even more pumped for BF2

Palpable

The problem I am having with the Death Star content is that when playing as Rebels nobody (a few do) seems to know that they have to get into R2-D2 and then drive it to the extraction point, just playing now and nobody on the Rebel team (I am on is trying to 'rescue' R2-D2, I a just running down the clock now, trying to do Death Star as Rebels is pointless, I don't understand why people don't know what to do.

Because the vast majority of the human race are morons and should be used as meatshields

Because the vast majority of the human race are morons and should be used as meatshields

cQtlhD48EG0SY.gif

LoveCake

I wouldn't go that far, but I just don't know or understand why the majority of players are not going to R2-D2 holding the square (X on xbox?) button and then navigating to the extraction point, yet when playing on the Empire they know not to let the Rebel players get to R2-D2, it just seems that when the sides switch nobody can remember what they were trying to stop the other side from doing in the previous game, when it does happen it's pretty intense but 90% of the time it's *sigh*

It just seems to go in cycles, similar issues have happened like this in various modes before, it has been mentioned before and I guess it's correct that there is a lot of youngsters playing this, but I wish when you start for the very first time it insisted a trial game/run is played so that the objective is known, I dunno I'm just moaning about something pretty trivial, but it's so frustrating at times :/

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I wouldn't go that far, but I just don't know or understand why the majority of players are not going to R2-D2 holding the square (X on xbox?) button and then navigating to the extraction point, yet when playing on the Empire they know not to let the Rebel players get to R2-D2, it just seems that when the sides switch nobody can remember what they were trying to stop the other side from doing in the previous game, when it does happen it's pretty intense but 90% of the time it's *sigh*

It just seems to go in cycles, similar issues have happened like this in various modes before, it has been mentioned before and I guess it's correct that there is a lot of youngsters playing this, but I wish when you start for the very first time it insisted a trial game/run is played so that the objective is known, I dunno I'm just moaning about something pretty trivial, but it's so frustrating at times :/
I think you may be mistaking being unable to reach an objective safely with not knowing what to do.

WillyFive

What is with this game's subreddit's hard on for the prequel era? Are they all under 18 or something?

?

Prequel era content would make the game significantly more varied and better, simply due to the vehicles, tech, heroes, customizations, and locations it had compared to the original trilogy.

Palpable

It's always frustrating for me. I join walker assault games in the FINAL TIER and end the match in 1st place. That is a shit team and I am always put on them. I'd much rather have teammates that know what they're doing. Having insane point discrepancies at the end of matches is fun and all, but I'd rather win the match than score high. I've no need for credits or score points.

What's the way to calculate my score per minute? I'm a bit curious where I'm at.

Ozorov

It's always frustrating for me. I join walker assault games in the FINAL TIER and end the match in 1st place. That is a shit team and I am always put on them. I'd much rather have teammates that know what they're doing. Having insane point discrepancies at the end of matches is fun and all, but I'd rather win the match than score high. I've no need for credits or score points.

What's the way to calculate my score per minute? I'm a bit curious where I'm at.

You can see your score and playtime in the stats-thingy. Total score / (Hours played * 60 + minutes played + seconds played / 60)

Palpable

Gimme the numbers

I could be imagining this, but I could've sworn there were two different play times. I recall there being one for actual time in matches, and another for time in the game in general (even in the menus). I've spent a shit ton of time in the menu's, so I hope this time I have on here doesn't include that.

JKQo3Ci.jpg

Ozorov

I could be imagining this, but I could've sworn there were two different play times. I recall there being one for actual time in matches, and another for time in the game in general (even in the menus). I've spent a shit ton of time in the menu's, so I hope this time I have on here doesn't include that.

JKQo3Ci.jpg

Yeah 872 is right. I dunno how it is with idling in the menu, I have never seen any stats saying ingame vs menu-time.

Palpable

Yeah 872 is right. I dunno how it is with idling in the menu, I have never seen any stats saying ingame vs menu-time.

I recall seeing two different times awhile ago. One was a lot higher than the other. Anyway, I've nothing to compare my SPM to. What's everyone elses?

Ozorov

Just played an awesome supremacy game on Hoth. Lasted for 35-40 minutes and the whole time the middle point changed between the teams. With 1 minute left they got Luke with a good player and we lost :(. Luke is a beast on that map

?

Prequel era content would make the game significantly more varied and better, simply due to the vehicles, tech, heroes, customizations, and locations it had compared to the original trilogy.
Aside from a handful of things (like Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan) the prequels are abominations. The clones, droids, Jango and Boba, the Jedi, the aesthetics as a whole, and so on. It doesn't really fit with the universe created with the OT and expanded with the ST and should just be forgotten.

If I did the math right my SPM is 934.

This is with 51% of my matches being Supremacy. The next highest three being Sabotage, Walker Assault, and Turning Point at 10% each.

How do I get good. I only have shitty guns and everyone is using that crazy heavy blaster. Also how are people attacking air to ground. I try flying around on PS4 and the game doesn't seem to render the people in time for me to take aim but I see other players do it.

Ozorov

How do I get good. I only have shitty guns and everyone is using that crazy heavy blaster. Also how are people attacking air to ground. I try flying around on PS4 and the game doesn't seem to render the people in time for me to take aim but I see other players do it.

I don't feel like there is any bad weapon in the game. Both the imperial and rebel "base" blaster is very good and so is dh-17. When you have played for while you know where to shot with the air vehicles. You can try to zoom with R2 to see further, and slow down while you're approaching the ground.

I was looking at the weapon damages when combined with Berserker.

The E-11 did 35 damage at 10 meters or less and 15 damage minimum. That was a minimum 3 shot kill or a maximum 7 shot kill.

Berserker level 1 reduces that to about a 2.5 shot kill and a 6 shot kill. No real change at close range.

Berserker level 2 reduces that to a 2.2 shot kill and a 5.12 shot kill. Against a full health enemy this doesn't do much.

Berserker level 3 reduces that to a 1.9 shot kill and a 4.44 shot kill. Now this is significant.

Where Berserker rank 1 and 2 really shine is at range and against Bacta overshield. A full bacta overshield would take 3.85 shots at close range to kill, Berserker level 1 reduces this to 3.23 shots. Now headshots have a base 65% damage multiplier. This brings the base damage of the E-11 to 57, a 2 shot kill and the range damage to 24.75 or a 4.04 shot kill. Stack Berserker level 1 and the shots drop to 3.52 at range but only 1.52 at close range. Berserker doesn't help with close range anymore, at best at level 3 it'll reduce the max range shots to kill to 2.69.

Berserker and also Sharpshooter really does great work on high powered weapons like the DL-44, T-21, and T-21b.

Ozorov

I was looking at the weapon damages when combined with Berserker.

The E-11 did 35 damage at 10 meters or less and 15 damage minimum. That was a minimum 3 shot kill or a maximum 7 shot kill.

Berserker level 1 reduces that to about a 2.5 shot kill and a 6 shot kill. No real change at close range.

Berserker level 2 reduces that to a 2.2 shot kill and a 5.12 shot kill. Against a full health enemy this doesn't do much.

Berserker level 3 reduces that to a 1.9 shot kill and a 4.44 shot kill. Now this is significant.

Where Berserker rank 1 and 2 really shine is at range and against Bacta overshield. A full bacta overshield would take 3.85 shots at close range to kill, Berserker level 1 reduces this to 3.23 shots. Now headshots have a base 65% damage multiplier. This brings the base damage of the E-11 to 57, a 2 shot kill and the range damage to 24.75 or a 4.04 shot kill. Stack Berserker level 1 and the shots drop to 3.52 at range but only 1.52 at close range. Berserker doesn't help with close range anymore, at best at level 3 it'll reduce the max range shots to kill to 2.69.

Berserker and also Sharpshooter really does great work on high powered weapons like the DL-44, T-21, and T-21b.

Do you know if they have nerfed TL-50s secondary fire after the server patch? I shot a guy right in the face today and he didn't die. Went down to like 50-60isch health

Ozorov

I REALLY hope they will balance the vehicle-situation in Battlefront 2. Makes no sense what so ever to make the imperials have a superior(and the only) ground vehicle. It's like only one team would be able to have choppers in Battlefield.

The Dude

The t50 secondary is wonky, there are times I hit someone dead on and it does nothing, then times I'll get it right into a group and like 1 dies. I like it but it's wonky

The shield and repair on Red Five regenerates way too fucking fast. Someone went 25-0 in it because he could keep popping the shield and repair whenever he took damage.

WillyFive

Aside from a handful of things (like Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan) the prequels are abominations. The clones, droids, Jango and Boba, the Jedi, the aesthetics as a whole, and so on. It doesn't really fit with the universe created with the OT and expanded with the ST and should just be forgotten.

Sorry, but all the things you listed are pretty awesome. And it doesn't matter if it the advanced and civilized society doesn't fit with the worn down aesthetics of locations that are lightyears and decades away story-wise of the later movies. They would make the game unquestionably better, just like they made the Star Wars universe better, irregardless of the awful movies that used it as a backdrop.

I REALLY hope they will balance the vehicle-situation in Battlefront 2. Makes no sense what so ever to make the imperials have a superior(and the only) ground vehicle. It's like only one team would be able to have choppers in Battlefield.

There are so many vehicles they could have put here but for some baffling reason they did not. They could have just copied and pasted the vehicle list from Star Wars Empire at War.

Top Bottom