• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So the unstable, blurry ambient occlusion issue introduced in the Bespin DLC maps, and eventually (after ages) fixed, has now infected some of the vanilla maps instead. Like Hoth.

DICE you fucking suck so much at the technical competency of this game.

JimiNutz

Banned
Haven't really played this game for around 6 months (after extensively playing it for the first two or three months that it was out) and wow has it changed a lot.

So many different guns, star cards, Heroes and game tweaks... It was actually a little overwhelming.

I have no idea how DICE expect to be able to keep this game balanced. Seems like chaos to me. Definitely not interested in getting back into this (based on my initial first few games back anyway).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
* Hazy ambient occlusion bug returns
* Flight stuttering
* Unstable servers leading to massive lag spikes
* People getting stuck in loading screens between matches
* Hero menu lock-up for others

Game's almost a year old and it's just a carnival of technical shitshows, and that's ignoring the average quality (admittedly subjectively) of the three DLC packs so far. It's abundantly clear that the massive exodus of players early in the game's life (particularly on PC) and DICE's focus on Battlefield 1 has left what I can only assume is a skeleton crew keeping Battlefront shackled together, and while that might make sense economically and strategically towards grander business plans involving upcoming products, it's still massively disheartening to have to clench your teeth and deal with the negligence towards technical hotfixes, patches, scheduled updates, balance tweaks, and bug crunching. It's not like Battlefield as a series doesn't always have ongoing technical/balance ups-and-downs, but at least there I can rest easy knowing patches/fixes are usually just around the corner. If something breaks it will get fixed. I honestly can't say the same with this game.

Like the hero stutter many people were having on PC. Clearly documented and outlined exactly what the issue is and how to replicate it 100% of the time. But I don't recall DICE ever actually noting the problem publicly. It took until the next major update before it was fixed, and said fix wasn't even marked in the patch notes.

They've flat out stated that there are only about 15 people on SWBF right now. The rest of the Battlefront team is working on SWBF2.

It feels like this game just has less issues on the PS4 version.

EatChildren

They've flat out stated that there are only about 15 people on SWBF right now. The rest of the Battlefront team is working on SWBF2.

It feels like this game just has less issues on the PS4 version.

Makes sense, on all accounts. For the former there's not much anybody can do about, but it does suck. Regardless of the fun I've had with Battlefront (plenty!) it's a super shitty feeling as a customer to know the publisher behind the game has committed the bare minimum level of support to keeping the ship running, because the rest of the team...is working on the not-too-far-away sequel that they'll be again asking money for. Battlefield 3 and 4 post luanch were handled so much better, but I guess that's the tradeoff when one series is significantly more popular than another.

As for the latter, that makes sense. Closed hardware. Fix an issue and it should be fixed for all. PC seems to be all over the place with this game.

WillyFive

The early exodus of the game was their fault anyway, they didn't make the game that people wanted. Hopefully they do right for the 2nd game, but for me they have managed to underwhelm in every single thing or DLC they do. It's almost as if they have a talent for it.

Ozorov

First game ever I've been thrown out (+ some serious lag spikes) from a game and I have 100+ hrs playtime. Something has happen to the servers.

5taquitos

Chances they add another bounty hunter into the mix?

Doubtful, we'll get two characters from Rogue One in the next DLC and that will be it.

If, and that's a big if, we do get more characters beyond that, I don't know how it could be anything other than Obi-Wan and Tarkin.

But that won't happen anyway, we'll get our Rogue One characters and that will be that.

Palpable

We all want Ahsoka

No. I watched 10 minutes of a Rebels episode and when I saw 3 of the Sith Inquisitors raise their lightsabers and spin them like rotors on a helicopter which allowed them to float away into the night sky, I turned that shit off.

We already know who the last heroes are. Krennic and Erso.

No. I watched 10 minutes of a Rebels episode and when I saw 3 of the Sith Inquisitors raise their lightsabers and spin them like rotors on a helicopter which allowed them to float away into the night sky, I turned that shit off.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Ahsoka. Ahsoka was an incredible character long before that mostly bad series.

ThisOne

Booted the game up today for the first time in months on PS4. Had some huge update, which is completely understandable, but then I proceeded to disconnect from 3 of the first 4 games I played. What the fuck? I don't remember there being connection problems last year when I first got the game.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Haven't really played this game for around 6 months (after extensively playing it for the first two or three months that it was out) and wow has it changed a lot.

So many different guns, star cards, Heroes and game tweaks... It was actually a little overwhelming.

I have no idea how DICE expect to be able to keep this game balanced. Seems like chaos to me. Definitely not interested in getting back into this (based on my initial first few games back anyway).
Guess you have never played battlefield 4 which makes battlefront look simple in comparison. The difference is that they have constantly worked on balancing BF4. I do miss the simpler days when the cycler rifle was a guaranteed one hit kill up close or long range headshot. It was a constant in my load outs, and now I don't really bother with it.

Now I'm done with all the Hutt contracts I can go back to a steady loadout.
With all the traits being overhauled, I had to rediscover what I was most comfortable with.
And then I started using Sharpshooter with the EE-3......and oh boy, that's something else.
So these are now my go to loadouts:

Large modes: EE-3/Sharpshooter/Jump Pack/Cycler Rifle/Adrenaline Stim
Small modes: TL-50/Beserker/Thermal Detonator/Dioxis Grenade/Adrenaline Stim

Did anyone else totally overhaul their loadouts after the latest update?

Guess you have never played battlefield 4 which makes battlefront look simple in comparison. The difference is that they have constantly worked on balancing BF4. I do miss the simpler days when the cycler rifle was a guaranteed one hit kill up close or long range headshot. It was a constant in my load outs, and now I don't really bother with it.

Cycler still is one hit kill up close and long range when doing a headshot. With the exception of Bacta whores of course. I still use it with great pleasure and success.

I want Death troopers so badly, but I figure we won't get them given how close to shadowtroopers they look :(

That's probably the only reason we will get them :)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Cycler still is one hit kill up close and long range when doing a headshot. With the exception of Bacta whores of course. I still use it with great pleasure and success.
Bacta is too common to make the cycler a must have, especially as at close range you will be dead before you switch weapons.

Ozorov

Now I'm done with all the Hutt contracts I can go back to a steady loadout.
With all the traits being overhauled, I had to rediscover what I was most comfortable with.
And then I started using Sharpshooter with the EE-3......and oh boy, that's something else.
So these are now my go to loadouts:

Large modes: EE-3/Sharpshooter/Jump Pack/Cycler Rifle/Adrenaline Stim
Small modes: TL-50/Beserker/Thermal Detonator/Dioxis Grenade/Adrenaline Stim

Did anyone else totally overhaul their loadouts after the latest update?
Haven't played so much but I just unlocked TL-50 so that is my goto-weapon right now on the big maps. Using the DH-17 on small ones. Jump pack on big maps, with either scatter or thermal.

E-11 on open maps, TL-50 on enclosed maps.

Berserker, Jumppack, Personal Shield, and Thermal Detonator all day.

Didn't even unlock the second Dioxis contract.

Ozorov

Second time this day I got thrown out from a game mid-game. Lost all progression on the hutt contract and credits. Back to BF4 till they fix this.

nobody wants that anime ass "ahskha" character in the game. no one over the age of 17 anyway

LOL, bullshit.
More people would want/enjoy her than 90% of the stupid characters they keep adding that nobody actually gives a shit about.

Half the Clone Wars target audience is older than that now anyway.

LoveCake

Why don't people know what to do with R2-D2 in Battle-Station mode? ARGHGHGHGH!!

I am sure people think that R2-D2 moves about to the rescue point itself!

somme

Never really got into Clone Wars, thought Rebels was alright but I much prefer the live action stuff and would always prefer a character from the films over the animated series.

I think the hero line up is mostly great, but the villains from the dlc have been pretty much nobodies.

Tarkin would have been a better choice for the Death Star dlc.

5taquitos

I think the hero line up is mostly great, but the villains from the dlc have been pretty much nobodies.

Tarkin would have been a better choice for the Death Star dlc.

Tarkin would have been great, but I agree with the choice of Bossk against Chewie.

The Death Star DLC was actually really great for old EU fans imo. The TIE Defender, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight weapons, and Bossk vs. Chewie are all great EU callbacks.

I think the lowering of the Star Destroyer heath helped Battle Station a lot. Not having to worry about getting stopped at the first round because your team can't fly makes it much more fun.

The Dude

Really enjoying Battle station mode, fighting in the death star in itself is such a treat. Anyone have some flight tips?

joseale

The conversation dying down so fast should tell me something about this latest DLC, huh? I'll still get it and see for myself. Unfortunately for me this time EA kept a tight ship and there was no way to get the DLC early, but they went overboard and now there's no indication nowhere about when it is coming out, not on their site, psn or amazon. Wasn't it supposed to be Oct 4th? I'll wait an hour and see if it just magically appear at midnight pacific.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Shit, they plugged up the ceiling hole of Sabotage Point B in Admin. Palace. Now it's already a way worse chokepoint than it already was.

To top it off? Grenades can still go through it for some reason.

joseale

The Xbox Death Star DLC has unlocked, but apparently the PS4 has not. Hope they don't want PS players to spring for the Seasonpass

nillah

Banned
So the next set of DLC is most likely going to be tropical maps huh *.*

Hope they have enough content to work with moving forward with only rogue one and ep. 7 to work with...

Thanks for the free 5000 credits DICE. I guess? Totally fixes all the issues.

/s

Anyway, I see the DL-44 is still a one shot kill. Either that, or this guy had some kind of auto aim bot, because he killed me at least 4 times like this, and this is during combat rolls, jet pack flight, etc. All the while with bodyguard trait lvl 2 or 3 with bacta buff. And on the PS4 too. He was using scan pulse, so it wasn't stacked with anything.

Sigh. I think it's time I laid this game to rest. Every time I play it there's something new to complain about. It's a shame too, I really wanted to like it. :/

The rest of you who keep playing are saints. Keep doing God's work my sons.

WillyFive

I've noticed that anytime a new DLC comes out, the new guns it adds are automatically the strongest guns in the game; only to be nerfed when the next DLC comes out and it's guns are now the strongest.

Thanks for the free 5000 credits DICE. I guess? Totally fixes all the issues.

/s

Anyway, I see the DL-44 is still a one shot kill. Either that, or this guy had some kind of auto aim bot, because he killed me at least 4 times like this, and this is during combat rolls, jet pack flight, etc. All the while with bodyguard trait lvl 2 or 3 with bacta buff. And on the PS4 too. He was using scan pulse, so it wasn't stacked with anything.

Sigh. I think it's time I laid this game to rest. Every time I play it there's something new to complain about. It's a shame too, I really wanted to like it. :/

The rest of you who keep playing are saints. Keep doing God's work my sons.
Berserk level 3 gives a 50% damage boost. I think that's enough to make the DL-44 a OHK to the head.

Top Bottom