• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

I can't hit A-Wings unless I'm perfectly aligned and directly behind them. This is fucked and broken.

A-wings are the biggest offenders for sure, but it happens to all ships. Funny thing is, Dice ass kissers will tell you that's it the fact that the small dot isn't precisely on them.

I am always spawning in way later than the rest of my team, why is that?

Also, I don't care if you're 0/20 in phase 1. Or nick and waste the hero powerups we need to push in phase 2, but if you're chosen and flying along the outer bounds of the map. FUCK YOU.

DLT-19 seems seriously busted. I have seen that thing kill me faster than I can kill people with lvl 3 berserker. On that note, why does cooling cell block the TL-50 secondary?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A-wings are the biggest offenders for sure, but it happens to all ships. Funny thing is, Dice ass kissers will tell you that's it the fact that the small dot isn't precisely on them.

The whole thing is unarguably broken. Like, I'm firing shots within range locked on to an A-Wing, the game is showing me visual feedback of sparks flying off from impact of my blasters, and their health doesn't budge. Meanwhile if I'm right behind and guaranteed a perfect bead of lasers, it's all gravy.

No part of me can possibly want to endure this bullshit gamemode with literally broken hit feedback and detection, when hitting your target is the entire point. I assume lag plays a factor somewhere in there.

Wow, the Millennium Falcon is fucking papermaché now.

Slave 1 seems like a POS too.

Great. First game back to Supremacy and my team is complete fucking morons who lose the round in 2 minutes.

Edit: And then it's the exact opposite problem. How the fuck is it fun to only play 2 minutes of a round?

I love it how I spawn a good 10 seconds later than the rest, so I can't get to the hero pickup. Or getting to the second one only to get shot as I use it.

Getting spawnkilled 10 times in a row. Who even likes blast?

TL-50 secondary kills me through a wall, meanwhile I don't even get a kill when it's directly fucking on them. Come on Dice, less of this non-stop bullshit.

I love it how I spawn a good 10 seconds later than the rest, so I can't get to the hero pickup. Or getting to the second one only to get shot as I use it.

Getting spawnkilled 10 times in a row. Who even likes blast?

TL-50 secondary kills me through a wall, meanwhile I don't even get a kill when it's directly fucking on them. Come on Dice, less of this non-stop bullshit.

I find I always spawn a lot later than my teammates. I basically have no chance at becoming a hero, and in fact I am yet to achieve that. I wish the hero aspect was chosen by lottery rather than collectible.

BGeyuOY.gif

IIEbjKY.gif

MicJcyl.gif

I have to continuously tell myself to think happy thoughts during fighter segments. I mean come on, this is just utter bull..

RyanW

I hope for Battlefront 2 they put all focus on big team gameplay. Non-linear maps, 32v32, vehicles not be power ups. You can definitely bring some of those small team modes like Blast, Droid Run, and even like a 2 or 3 plot Drop Zone if done well. Then add in Conquest, make the non-linear maps work with Walker Assault, Turning Point, and Supremacy.

Don't get me wrong, the small maps and modes are really fun but I feel like have multiple experiences like that can really hurt future map development and DLC playlists. You see this Halo, especially when they still did map packs. You;d have 3 maps, 2 of which were for 4v4 and the other would 8v8 and they'd all be in the same playlist. Most of the time 4v4 on BTB maps would always finish with the timer running out.

Add in classes like the original Battlefront with some unique customization for each one and I'm sold.

GeeTeeCee

I hope for Battlefront 2 they put all focus on big team gameplay. Non-linear maps, 32v32, vehicles not be power ups. You can definitely bring some of those small team modes like Blast, Droid Run, and even like a 2 or 3 plot Drop Zone if done well. Then add in Conquest, make the non-linear maps work with Walker Assault, Turning Point, and Supremacy.

Don't get me wrong, the small maps and modes are really fun but I feel like have multiple experiences like that can really hurt future map development and DLC playlists. You see this Halo, especially when they still did map packs. You;d have 3 maps, 2 of which were for 4v4 and the other would 8v8 and they'd all be in the same playlist. Most of the time 4v4 on BTB maps would always finish with the timer running out.

Add in classes like the original Battlefront with some unique customization for each one and I'm sold.

This. I love the big team modes, and outside of Fighter Squadron I rarely touch the smaller modes. I don't know whether DICE were trying to promote the small modes more in the DLC as a way to distance Battlefront from Battlefield, but all I know is that when I play Battlefront I want to be taking part in a war - not a small scuffle.

Hopefully Rogue One: Scarif will deliver what I want. If it's the beach planet from the trailer then there surely has to be at least one large map/mode.

WillyFive

I want them for BF2 to do what they would have done from the beginning and reskin Battlefield with a Star Wars theme so that it can be an actual successor to the original games.

Palpable

I have to continuously tell myself to think happy thoughts during fighter segments. I mean come on, this is just utter bull..

Same thing happens to me, even when shooting at fighters in an AT ST. What gets me is that there are explosions there, as if you're hitting the fighter, but no registry!

I am 4-20 and have 1/10th (if that) of the score of the guy running next to me, better nick that hero token and get 1 kill and die.

Whoops! Don't hate!

Wow, just won a game of Sabotage on Carbon Freezing Chamber as Empire with zero seconds left on the clock. We literally pushed in to the extraction point with 1 second left and managed to keep it capturing while the clock sat at 00:00.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does anybody else get weird and occasional hitching/stuttering when flying? Happens when looking towards certain vistas when in the air, and isn't entirely consistent.

Unlocked the TL-50. In typical DICE DLC fashion it seems hilariously op. Damage isn't crazy high but it shoots so fast and with crazy good accuracy that a good aim will bead in on opponents from crazy range considering it's a heavy rifle. The explosive secondary fire gives it that extra oomph that makes it probably the most versatile weapon the game.

Haven't got the K-16. Need a few more kills with Han.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/21831937

You'd think someone would come in and go for R2 while I wiped the entire enemy team. Jeesh..

Finally got to lvl 90, spammed the shit out of Death Star DLC. Would easily get somewhere between 15-20k, so double that and you level almost an entire level per game.

And.. seeing the same guy get two hero pickups, only to pick Nien Nunb and Leia, completely failing at them too. I mean, Nien is just so damn stupid to pick on Death Star as he offers NOTHING for the Rebels. So they got R2 stuck in a corridor with Bossk on the other side (also, Bossk is OP in Death Star at least. Just keep chucking bombs down a corridor and you're gonna be topped off and won't die unless you do something stupid). AND HE PICKS LEIA! We had Chewbacca and Han open for christ's sake.

Does anybody else get weird and occasional hitching/stuttering when flying? Happens when looking towards certain vistas when in the air, and isn't entirely consistent.

Unlocked the TL-50. In typical DICE DLC fashion it seems hilariously op. Damage isn't crazy high but it shoots so fast and with crazy good accuracy that a good aim will bead in on opponents from crazy range considering it's a heavy rifle. The explosive secondary fire gives it that extra oomph that makes it probably the most versatile weapon the game.

Yeah, servers are lagging and are causing those jitter movements. Have seen this popping up since yesterday.

I wouldn't say the TL-50 is very OP, I mean look at the clip I posted above, that was with cooling cell and berserker lvl 3 active. I could have done the same with the E-11 and EE-3 most likely.
It has recoil, unlike almost any other gun in the game, its trade-off is that it's very versatile. Truth be told, it might be shining in the Death Star DLC but I haven't played WA that much since the DLC so it could be 'so-so' in that mode.
It has great synergy with cooling cell and explosive shot (I do prefer cooling cell nowadays with the heat changes).

I'm done trying to play hero hunt and fuck the babies that ruined this mode. Shitheads cried because they felt the chance wheel was screwing them over, even though though they definitely still got to play as the hero within the next couple turns anyway. Fuck everyone else I guess. Pretending like that mode is at all competitive is idiotic, hero damage is still mostly depending on if you're lucky enough to spawn in the right area and have the right star card.

-At launch it sucked. It was just random chance whoever landed the last shot. Terrible mode.

-Then they fixed it to be based on amount of damage done. Players that did more damage would definitely get to play as the hero, but the spinner also gave lower players a chance on occasion. Everyone had a chance, but better players were rewarded. There was never a game in which I had highest damage that I didnt get to be the hero. Instantly one of my favorite modes.

-Then people whined so they axed that and now you basically have to rely on spawn luck. Now only the top player will ever get a chance to play as the hero so you better fucking hope the hero spawns near you, or else he'll be dead before you can even get to him and many games you will never see the hero selection screen.

I'm not playing a hero mode anymore in which most matches I never get to be a hero even once because I spend the entire match zigzagging back and forth between heroes that die before I can even have a chance to shoot. The chance wheel masked that issue and made it fun for everyone, but no longer.

a916

Almost impulse buyed Death Star... then realized it's only available for season pass holders... then held back because I don't rally want to play the other maps/modes.

Looks really good though.

Palpable

Both are OP. The secondary on both are ridiculous. The K-16 secondary fire fucking does a hilariously stupid amount of damage to vehicles.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Both are OP. The secondary on both are ridiculous. The K-16 secondary fire fucking does a hilariously stupid amount of damage to vehicles.
Been using it in Skirmish lately and boy, does it fucking wreck ATATs during the bombing run.

MADGAME

Lol sounds like this is becoming the game we love to hate.

Managed to get just under level 85 yesterday before I had to leave. Won't be able to play again until Thurs/Fri and I'm kind of having withdrawals.

Lol sounds like this is becoming the game we love to hate.

Managed to get just under level 85 yesterday before I had to leave. Won't be able to play again until Thurs/Fri and I'm kind of having withdrawals.
I still absolutely love Bespin and the base Supremacy/Turning Point maps.

Its just thay Battle Station was a bad idea all around.

MADGAME

I still absolutely love Bespin and the base Supremacy/Turning Point maps.

Its just thay Battle Station was a bad idea all around.
I hear that. I know we're all here because we like the game and/or Star Wars, but some aspects/decisions are frustrating,

I hope after they make the last Disney deadline for the Scarif movie tie-in DLC they not only release a few freebies but address/fix some of the larger, glaring items we've all been understandably griping about.

Since I've got all the trophies and Hutt contracts for Death Star done, went back to the Bespin playlist tonight. Man, this shit is a blast compared to Battle Station.

shanafan

I started playing Battlefront on PS4, but now I am on PC.

I noticed that rebels have different faces (with and without helmets) to choose, but the imperials only have 2 (female, male both with helmets).

Where's the imperials with faces on PC? Just haven't unlocked yet I guess?

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game. Unfortunately as of late, the dark side is winning.

Love:
  • Variety and various modes. Depending on mode, you can get your old school SWBF1 fix or SWBF2 fix, depending on if you like heroes or not.
  • Evolution of Content. I like that the hero selection is growing, and tweaks are made to keep the heroes "somewhat" balanced.
  • Weapon and Card variety. Just when you think they though of everything, here comes more stuff. Hutt contracts are a nice touch, although I wish the upgraded versions of items didn't seem like a giant case of diminishing returns.
Hate:
  • Matchmaking is still fucked up, since day 1. To this day, I regularly have problems with lobbies populating after people quit.
  • The lag is atrocious, and it doesn't matter which mode. It makes aerial combat completely broken. You're either dead before you even take damage, or your shots don't register at all. Shot through walls, etc.
Deal Breaker:
Lag is one thing, but when it disconnects me from server, it doesn't even bother to save my Hutt contract progress. If the battle went on for 20 mins, then 20 mins is completely wasted.

All the while, I hear great things about Battlefield 1. It's difficult not to see how this game has become a blatant, shameless cash grab. All time, money, and effort is put into BF1. It's like they turned the lights off and left 1 janitor behind to monitor SWBF at this point.

And it only becomes more ominous knowing that we're in the "season pass" honeymoon phase. Imagine when the rest of the player base gets access. Has DICE even addressed any of these problems? Or they just having their one janitor spew out more mediocre content?

Wow, that turned into a rant, sorry. I'm just your typical passionate SW fan that wants this game to succeed. But after having experienced the original SWBFs, seeing this game get this kind of treatment is just a tad... off putting.

Here's to fixes coming ASAP, I guess. You know, whenever Janitor Bill has the free time.

Palpable

I started playing Battlefront on PS4, but now I am on PC.

I noticed that rebels have different faces (with and without helmets) to choose, but the imperials only have 2 (female, male both with helmets).

Where's the imperials with faces on PC? Just haven't unlocked yet I guess?

The newest patch forces Stormtroopers to wear helmets. This is a good thing.

GeeTeeCee

I unlocked the TL-50 yesterday (in between constant disconnections from the server), and as soon as I took down my first enemy with it I knew there's no way that gun isn't going to be nerfed into the ground in the near future.

It's so good.

Does anyone know how to change your gender as an empire player? I seem to be stuck as a female going by the voice and I can't see where to change it.

Wow, that turned into a rant, sorry. I'm just your typical passionate SW fan that wants this game to succeed. But after having experienced the original SWBFs, seeing this game get this kind of treatment is just a tad... off putting.

Here's to fixes coming ASAP, I guess. You know, whenever Janitor Bill has the free time.

I hear you there.

Played it when it first came out and started playing it again due to death star (didn't touch bespin) thats how out of love I fell with it.

Really enjoying it now that there is loads to do.
However it all came crashing to reality when I finally got to a hero token on sullst extraction. Only for it to sit there with all the list of heroes.
It then booted me from the game for being idle and made it so I couldn't join my partner again.

It looks so good that it makes me sad its not more.

There should be more themed modes in my eyes like battlestation.

Hoth, landing party-small walker assault- fighter skirmish

endor- fighter skirmish- landing party -sabotage.

Hope they change the voice on the imperial officer, seems kinda strange that they sound like the stormtroopers. I never played as a helmetless stormtrooper, but did they have non-filtered voices?

Danneee

Does anyone know if Battlefront+season pass bought with my US account will work on my EU account? Or rather, will the DLC work or is it strictly tied to the account that purchased it?

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game. Unfortunately as of late, the dark side is winning.

Love:
  • Variety and various modes. Depending on mode, you can get your old school SWBF1 fix or SWBF2 fix, depending on if you like heroes or not.
  • Evolution of Content. I like that the hero selection is growing, and tweaks are made to keep the heroes "somewhat" balanced.
  • Weapon and Card variety. Just when you think they though of everything, here comes more stuff. Hutt contracts are a nice touch, although I wish the upgraded versions of items didn't seem like a giant case of diminishing returns.
Hate:
  • Matchmaking is still fucked up, since day 1. To this day, I regularly have problems with lobbies populating after people quit.
  • The lag is atrocious, and it doesn't matter which mode. It makes aerial combat completely broken. You're either dead before you even take damage, or your shots don't register at all. Shot through walls, etc.
Deal Breaker:
Lag is one thing, but when it disconnects me from server, it doesn't even bother to save my Hutt contract progress. If the battle went on for 20 mins, then 20 mins is completely wasted.

All the while, I hear great things about Battlefield 1. It's difficult not to see how this game has become a blatant, shameless cash grab. All time, money, and effort is put into BF1. It's like they turned the lights off and left 1 janitor behind to monitor SWBF at this point.

And it only becomes more ominous knowing that we're in the "season pass" honeymoon phase. Imagine when the rest of the player base gets access. Has DICE even addressed any of these problems? Or they just having their one janitor spew out more mediocre content?

Yesterday I had my best match every. I had almost 40 kills I was in first place, I finished off 2 different Hutt contract challenges and with only 21 seconds left in the match I got disconnected and lost all my progress. Such fucking bullshit. The game should save progress server side at random intervals so that even if you get disconnected you dont lose all of your progress.

5taquitos

I must be lucky, I've had a little lag here and there but didn't drop a match all weekend.

Also, TL-50 is life.

I'm thinking the TL-50 with a medical droid will make the Master Survival missions a lot easier, looking forward to testing it out.

Top Bottom