• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

nillah

Banned
I can't get over how insanely fun HvV is when played w/ FOUR heroes on each teams... if dice can add that mode to the other two expansions plus the future one...

Ozorov

Have Dice mentioned anything about a Pro-patch for Battlefront? Would be nice if we got a bump to 1080p. But I guess that's not high on the priority list. But it seems like EA is overall supporting the Pro very good with BF1, FIFA and Mass Effect.

Edit: Is anyone here getting one?

As someone just getting back into the game why no Tie-pilot outfit(or A-wing flightsuit for that matter.)

Lazy devs

Have Dice mentioned anything about a Pro-patch for Battlefront? Would be nice if we got a bump to 1080p. But I guess that's not high on the priority list. But it seems like EA is overall supporting the Pro very good with BF1, FIFA and Mass Effect.

Yep. Day one.
We planned on getting a second PS4 anyway, so might as well get the pro for all the extra bells and whistles.
Though I would love to see pro support for Battlefront, I'm not expecting it and that's fine by me.
More curious what it will do for BF1.

5taquitos

I'll be getting one, but probably not until early next year.

I hope Battlefront gets a boost to 1080p, wouldn't expect much beyond that but it would definitely be welcome.

Ozorov

It would only change it in singleplayer. Pro patches and pro mode aren't allowed to alter multiplayer.

Well Paragon looks a lot better in Pro mode, isn't that only multiplayer?

How will they do with framedrops? Will they match the framedrops on the PS4? Sounds weird.

5taquitos

It would only change it in singleplayer. Pro patches and pro mode aren't allowed to alter multiplayer.

Not exactly true, there's nothing stopping a Pro mode multiplayer game from being 1080p vs. the original 900p. The restrictions are more so that you don't have 60 FPS vs 30 FPS.

Wut
Where is this coming from? Pro patches will work for both. Framerates will still have the same target between base and Pro.

30->30 = yes
30->60 = no
60->60 = yes

Again, targets. Say BF1 hovers between 50-60 on base but provides a more stable 60 on the Pro - Thats okay. Resolution at the minimum on the Pro is 1080p, over the base's 900p.

Has anyone else had the TL-50's sound glitch and make it sound like a regular machine gun? Had it a few times now, sounds pretty awesome

I don't want to say lazy devs, because in all likelihood this game has a skeleton crew running it and making content for it.

I say it's the blame of bad decision making and planning by the wrong people.

Kinda sucks because they actually added my favorite troop skin but its locked behind being Leia's troops.

I was being /s...

leng jai

This is going into EA Access in December. Hopefully it boosts the PC population, I'll be giving it some time just to see how it looks on PC.

I dont think theyve actually mentioned anything about it but since DICE tends to do fairly well at long-term support, I expect it to get one. I also expect it to take a while, though.

WillyFive

I suspect the DLC will be free before the Battlefront 2 release. Kinda like they did with Battlefield 4 before Battlefield 1.

The time span between BF4 and BF1 will be much greater than the timespan between Battlefront 1 and 2 (assuming it launches with a Star Wars episode like this one).

Boys/Girls, I'm looking for a new headset for my PS4. Got any suggestions?

There are girls here?!?

og9xs41IID5vy.gif

Palpable

Kinda dope they added the orange fighter jet jumpsuit in for level 75 unlock but I can't use it with my go-2 👽

There's an alien head that doesn't work with the flight suit?

It's kinda glitched anyway, there's supposed to be a helmet available for it.

Palpable

The quarren, and ishi tib for whatever reason you can't use them in the x wing pilot jumpsuits

Oddly enough those are the only two races that don't wear gloves, as they have custom hands. I wonder if that has to do with it. Maybe they didn't compile those hands for that model? Idk

I hope this has 4 maps with Supremacy/WA. We only have one(two?) maps for those modes yet in the DLCs, right?

If you don't count the free maps, it's only one (Bespin)
Not expecting four large maps in the last DLC.
Two would be great, but one large and three or four small maps is more realistic I think.
That part in the trailer with the AT-ST, is that also Scarif?

Ozorov

If you don't count the free maps, it's only one (Bespin)
Not expecting four large maps in the last DLC.
Two would be great, but one large and three or four small maps is more realistic I think.
That part in the trailer with the AT-ST, is that also Scarif?

One? Holy moly. Each Battlefield 4 DLC got 4 conquest maps IIRC? I guess it's a much smaller team working on the Battlefront DLC then the BF4 dlcs.

I wonder if the Imperial Hover Tank will be a new vehicle?

LucasFilm really needs to get on the ball and make some Rebel/Resistance ground vehicles.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They better not fuck this up. This has so much potential....

ik4n2CZ.jpg

fcX4fla.jpg
DICE must have been ecstatic when they saw the trailer, its pretty much Star Wars set on BF4 maps - hopefully as they have 90% of the assets already they can spend more time fine tuning some of the other stuff.

Honestly if you told me that the first image was a fan mod of BF4 paracel storm I would believe you.

Does anyone know if they have altered the amount of heroes/villains allowed in walker assault? I just played as the empire on Bespin, and at one point we had 5 villains running around.

5taquitos

Does anyone know if they have altered the amount of heroes/villains allowed in walker assault? I just played as the empire on Bespin, and at one point we had 5 villains running around.

Oh that's just a bug that's gone unfixed for months now, it's not like it's completely game breaking or anything. :\

Try a round of Hero Hunt with 3 Leias and a Luke, it's ridiculously unfun.

Top Bottom