• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I just love the Cloud City map on Walker Assault. Hell, it's the only Walker Assault map I like.
Haven't touched that map in a while, but isn't it like the easiest Rebel win in the mode?

The ATAT is super weak for some reason

AEREC

kinda want to get back into this game but I just cant pull the trigger on the DLC at that price. Does it ever go on sale on PS4?

Ozorov

kinda want to get back into this game but I just cant pull the trigger on the DLC at that price. Does it ever go on sale on PS4?
Kinda funny. But i think the Ultimate edition is the same price as the season pass. Dont recall any sale on the season pass

LoveCake

Quick question, I have noticed (not been in there in ages) the character select, I have as a Rebel the TWI'LEK character but can I have a TWI'LEK head and a X-WING PILOT body? I am 15,000 points from level 75 and I don't want to spend credits on the lower bodies just to check if this can be done.

Quick question, I have noticed (not been in there in ages) the character select, I have as a Rebel the TWI'LEK character but can I have a TWI'LEK head and a X-WING PILOT body? I am 15,000 points from level 75 and I don't want to spend credits on the lower bodies just to check if this can be done.
Yes. You can have any head on the Rebel bodies.

LoveCake

Fantastic!

L5ND7h6.gif

5taquitos

According to others in this thread, there are a few alien heads that don't work on the X-Wing pilot body. Twi'lek is safe though.

MrDaravon

Hopped on for the first time today since the day the DLC came out and goddamn I have no idea what I'm doing lol. Have they put out any changes/patches since the DLC? I think I saw that they nerfed the Star Destroyer health in the first phase of Battle Station which makes sense.

I also still don't understand how the third phase even works really.

5taquitos

I also still don't understand how the third phase even works really.

3 rebels are chosen at random to complete the trench run. The pilots need to start at the first checkpoint, then hit consecutive checkpoints. Progress for the points is saved if all three die. Once a rebel hits the last checkpoint, they fire a torpedo and win.

MrDaravon

3 rebels are chosen at random to complete the trench run. The pilots need to start at the first checkpoint, then hit consecutive checkpoints. Progress for the points is saved if all three die. Once a rebel hits the last checkpoint, they fire a torpedo and win.

This is what I originally thought, but as the Rebels I have won without hitting all of the checkpoints. The game I had just played when I made that post we were like 4 or 5 checkpoints short and we won for example. The Rebels also sometimes lose Checkpoint progress but I'm not exactly clear on how or why; I would assume it's a result of a failed run or something, but it's seemingly inconsistent on how much and how fast you lose checkpoint progress. It seems like sometimes every failed run drops one checkpoint, but I've also seen the checkpoint never go down.

In any case the entire mode is a great idea but seems kinda busted. The first phase is ridiculous easy for the Rebels which I think is understandable and fine. Second phase is alright but a bit busted for the Rebels, especially with the TL-50 (?) secondary fire, and the third phase is just a total slog and luck of the draw in the my experience in terms of who it chooses to be a pilot and how safe they are from getting instantly killed or not.

I love the concept but once I get my 10 wins for it for the trophy I'm just going back to WA.

LightInfa

This is what I originally thought, but as the Rebels I have won without hitting all of the checkpoints. The game I had just played when I made that post we were like 4 or 5 checkpoints short and we won for example. The Rebels also sometimes lose Checkpoint progress but I'm not exactly clear on how or why; I would assume it's a result of a failed run or something, but it's seemingly inconsistent on how much and how fast you lose checkpoint progress. It seems like sometimes every failed run drops one checkpoint, but I've also seen the checkpoint never go down.

In any case the entire mode is a great idea but seems kinda busted. The first phase is ridiculous easy for the Rebels which I think is understandable and fine. Second phase is alright but a bit busted for the Rebels, especially with the TL-50 (?) secondary fire, and the third phase is just a total slog and luck of the draw in the my experience in terms of who it chooses to be a pilot and how safe they are from getting instantly killed or not.

I love the concept but once I get my 10 wins for it for the trophy I'm just going back to WA.

I think if all 3 pilots die without making progress then you lose progress?

MrDaravon

I think if all 3 pilots die without making progress then you lose progress?

Hmmm, would make some sense, although I'm not sure what's up with winning games with the progress bar not full. On the other hand I could easily chalk that up to another bug or whatever.

It's incredible how fucking terrible people are at Battle Station. I just joined in on a match where my team on the first phase BARELY managed to take the Star Destroyer down with like 20 seconds left, then on the second phase we never got even remotely close to touching R2. Jesus. This 10 wins in Battle Station trophy is going to fucking suck.

MrDaravon

Still working on my 10 Battle Station wins, I really actively dislike the mode at this point. First phase is whatever, second phase is fucking impossible to win as the Rebels unless the Imperials are incredibly incompetent, and then if you get to the last phase it's a total shitshow luck of the draw.

A+ idea, C- execution. I just want the wins so I can go back to WA at this point. Playing only this mode I haven't gotten to play as a Hero/Villain once ._.

Ozorov

So my mate has the season pass and have played the DLCs a lot. Yesterday when he was going to play none of the DLCs worked for him. Said he didnt have access to them. Any clues to why?

I posted this in another BF thread, but figured people here might find it interesting:

A bit off topic, but I was reading about the next Battlefront here, and it seems likely it will be based off of the sequel trilogy which is a little disappointing. The biggest evidence of this seems to be some concept art that was glimpsed during a video.

latest

Edit: not sure why the image is so small, but you can see it bigger here.

LightInfa

Eh - just because there's concept art for sequel trilogy doesn't mean there won't be OT stuff. Frankly there's not enough content yet in the new trilogy to build a game bigger than the first Battlefront. That being said if that were true I would be horrifically disappointed.

OldMan

Banned
Rogue 1 dec. 18th in theatres but...

Battlefront Ultimate edition drops on Nov. 18 apparently with all the DLC?

I guess people get to experience Scarif a month before release?

Funny thing is that I saw a Duracell Rogue One ad (like the Ep7 ads last year) that had them rescuing R2 from the Death Star. I can't help but wonder if Death Star DLC is secretly Rogue One DLC too.

MrDaravon

I just assumed the Ultimate edition was a vanilla disc with a season pass code included, or possibly everything on disc except Rogue One with a code included for that. I don't think the Rogue One DLC is going to be on disc given that it would have to go out for cert like...any day now, and I'm sure that DLC isn't done.

I recently saw that this is about $20 on Amazon. Worth a purchase at that price point? How's the community on PS4?
The population is steady at around 20-40k depending on the day of the week. If you have the cash I'd want until November 18th and get the Ultimate Edition for $40. It includes the base game and all of the DLC.

Ozorov

I hope Battlefront 2 will get the same treatment as BF1. Feels like first Battlefront was made with a 1 million budget and BF1 one billion budget. I know I know, Battlefront was made under huge timepressure.

Fuck. Was just playing Battle Station and we had R2 stopped in the hanger and I think the game switched spawns and the entire Rebel team spawned behind us. Thats fucking ridiculous.

MrDaravon

I really hope they do away with the Hutt Contracts in BF2, or at least make them more reasonable. I've been screaming at my TV for the last hour trying to get 5 kills with the laser tripwire for the fucking contract, I don't know if they disappear when you die or aren't guaranteed kills on detonation or what but I've been at 4/5 kills for multiple games now and I want to throw my game out the window. Every set of Contracts there's always at least one that is just a complete nightmare for me to get and I fucking hate it.

MrDaravon

Man so what on earth is going on with the multiple hero/villain characters glitch? People are saying it's been around for months but I only started seeing it recently, but virtually every single WA match I play now it's happening and it fucking sucks. Bossk is already goddamn ridiculous in WA, Bossk plus 5 other Villains is basically unwinnable for the Rebels if the Imperials are even remotely competent. Just played a match on Bespin WA where as the Rebels we barely managed to win and half of their team was 50-10 or better, and I was literally on the only person on my team who went positive and half of our team was -30 or more because they had 6 villains up the whole time. A decent team on Bespin can easily kill the AT-AT on the second phase -_-. It's hot fucking garbage.

Ozorov

Man so what on earth is going on with the multiple hero/villain characters glitch? People are saying it's been around for months but I only started seeing it recently, but virtually every single WA match I play now it's happening and it fucking sucks. Bossk is already goddamn ridiculous in WA, Bossk plus 5 other Villains is basically unwinnable for the Rebels if the Imperials are even remotely competent. Just played a match on Bespin WA where as the Rebels we barely managed to win and half of their team was 50-10 or better, and I was literally on the only person on my team who went positive and half of our team was -30 or more because they had 6 villains up the whole time. A decent team on Bespin can easily kill the AT-AT on the second phase -_-. It's hot fucking garbage.

Never faced that bug. Is it on all platforms?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I really hope they do away with the Hutt Contracts in BF2, or at least make them more reasonable. I've been screaming at my TV for the last hour trying to get 5 kills with the laser tripwire for the fucking contract, I don't know if they disappear when you die or aren't guaranteed kills on detonation or what but I've been at 4/5 kills for multiple games now and I want to throw my game out the window. Every set of Contracts there's always at least one that is just a complete nightmare for me to get and I fucking hate it.
The Hutt contracts are a cake walk compared to some of the ridiculousness they had in BF4. Of course BF4 had so many weapons that not having that 15th SMG wasn't a big deal.

MrDaravon

Never faced that bug. Is it on all platforms?

Not sure. I never saw it before right around the Death Star DLC hit, but someone either here or on reddit said it's been a thing for months, and Dice has already acknowledged it as something being looked at. I saw a ton of it yesterday afternoon, but I played with a friend later last night and didn't see it once. It's pretty fucked if you're on the other team. Speaking of which, I finally got to play as Bossk for the first time last night on WA and goddamn he is too fucking good. I'm not fantastic at the game and I went like 38-0 with him and survived through all of phase two and only died at the very end because I was just careless and I knew the match was about to end anyway. He has good lockdown, can heal himself up pretty well if you're cautious/smart, and his Relby is very good. I don't see how he doesn't get nerfed.

The Hutt contracts are a cake walk compared to some of the ridiculousness they had in BF4. Of course BF4 had so many weapons that not having that 15th SMG wasn't a big deal.

Oof, never played BF4. My biggest complaint about the Hutt Contracts is being forced to play or do things you would never do naturally, it feels artificial and cheap. It's not the end of the world but every new round of them there's always one that pisses me off or I have a hard time with.

Sorry for the dumb question guys

I already own the game on PS4, bought it at launch

What's the best way to get the DLC? I was going to buy the season pass but it seems like its $50 and the Ultimate Edition of the game is only $40. Is that seriously right?

MrDaravon

Sorry for the dumb question guys

I already own the game on PS4, bought it at launch

What's the best way to get the DLC? I was going to buy the season pass but it seems like its $50 and the Ultimate Edition of the game is only $40. Is that seriously right?

This is correct; UE is basically a GOTY edition of the game, and those being cheaper and/or bundling all DLC is hardly anything new. You would guess/hope that the Season Pass will drop in price after UE hits, but hard to say. If you think you can hold out ~3 weeks I don't see any reason to not just buy the UE version if you don't already have the Season Pass/DLC currently.

Edit: SG-17 I've been playing Supremacy mostly the last few days since WA is kind of a hit or miss shitshow with the Hero glitch right now, and I just still don't understand how this mode works out for you. My experience continues to be that 90% of matches are either one team completely steamrolling the other team within 2 minutes flat (which is made easier by some maps slightly favoring one side or the other at the start for middle territory position), or one team takes the middle point at the start and then it's a complete slog over the middle/next checkpoints until time runs out.

Yeah, that's how it works. The slog is the fun part. I get annoyed when teams steamroll.

Side note, anyone else getting really tired of Dioxis grenades in Death Star?

MrDaravon

Yeah, that's how it works. The slog is the fun part. I get annoyed when teams steamroll.

I'd agree with you if 99% of the time the slog wasn't a result of people being incompetent fucking idiots or children. People either don't know, care, or understand how the mode even works. Common example that happened to me just now - I get a Hero token and pretty much single-handedly capture the middle control point at the start of the match and hold it for a while until I eventually die. No one plays defense and everyone is either rushing and horribly failing to the next check point or somewhere jacking off in a corner. As such the enemy quickly takes back the middle checkpoint. Now instead of trying to get that one back, 75% of my team is still trying to capture what was previously the next checkpoint which no longer exists and makes no sense. My partner went 1-21.

Outside of steamrolls which happen sometimes this is 90% of my matches. The only reason there's back and forth is because people are fucking idiots, which I guess is my inherent problem with the mode. Also Forest Moon of Endor on Supremacy is probably my absolute worst mode/map combination in the entire game, it's so fucking awful.

Edit: Just saw a Nien Nunb on the other team go 51-0 on the Endor map. I was AFK for most of the match and still got 3rd on my team. Not that the game doesn't have balance issues in general, but MAN do I really fucking hate that map, especially on this mode.

LoveCake

On DeathStar when playing as Rebels in rescue R2-D2 nobody is bothering to try anymore, it's way too easy for the Empire to defend at the start, the Rebels have to run a mile and there is only three entrances to the room and with just four troops, two on the main front door and one on each the left and right it's impossible to activate R2-D2.

The other day as Rebels we managed to get R2-D2 up to the last main doorway and the person controlling R2-D2 fell into the small pit area and as there is no ramp it is impossible to get R2-D2 out, I would like to know the person responsible for the design of this map and see them play as a Rebel and try to escape/rescue R2-D2!

It is so bad that I feel bad when playing as Empire.

MADGAME

Been playing every day again for the past couple weeks, I think it took a little break from the game to enjoy it again.

Top Bottom