• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

OldMan

Banned
Player Count since BF1 release

Currently online players

PC: 3,132 (24h peak: 3,856)

XBOXONE: 8,523 (24h peak: 15,804)

PS4: 15,372 (24h peak: 23,143)

Total: 27,027

I was observing it on the weekend and it seemed to peak around 26k on PS4. Seems we lost a good 8k players. Hopefully COD won't syphon off any of the remaining and it holds steady until SWBF2 next fall.

MADGAME

The Reddit dataminer who has correctly found information several times in the past has new info on the upcoming Hero Blast mode.

A few people have asked for some more details on Hero Blast, so here goes:
~Before the game starts, each player is randomly assigned a hero to play as. It works like how Heroes Vs Villains used to work: you get the "You will play as ..." message instead of being able to select yourself (which is good because 6 people button mashing for Luke wouldn't end well).

~Once assigned a hero, you'll play as that hero for the duration of the game. When you die, you'll respawn as that same hero. Drew the short straw and get assigned Boba? Tough luck, you're gonna be Boba for the entire game.

~Apart from that, it's pretty much a regular game of Blast (but with a kill limit of 50 instead of 100).

~Where Hero Blast really shines is the number of maps it supports. You can play Hero Blast on any map that supports regular Blast (which includes the Carbonite Freezing Chamber!)

Now the question is, who gets to play?
~Each game mode has an option to restrict it based on a DLC license. So for example, Battle Station is limited to xp3 (3rd expansion pack = Death Star).

~The license for Hero Blast is "seasonpass". So unfortunately it looks like people who individually bought the DLCs might be out of luck (I can't 100% confirm this since there's nothing to say behind the scenes it counts owning each DLC as being equivalent to having the season pass, but the phrasing suggests otherwise)

What I like is if the mode is restricted to Season Pass holders and possibly those who purchased all packs separately, that means all heroes/villains should be playable as 7v7.

Ozorov

The Reddit dataminer who has correctly found information several times in the past has new info on the upcoming Hero Blast mode.

What I like is if the mode is restricted to Season Pass holders and possibly those who purchased all packs separately, that means all heroes/villains should be playable as 7v7.

Will it only be heroes?

WillyFive

So Battlefront-people. What do you want from Battlefront 2?

Reskin Battlefield with a Star Wars theme. Instantly would fix a lot of its problems, and would automatically make it play like the original Battlefront games again.

Other that that, make sure we get PT/Clone Wars era stuff back as well as ST and Rebels era stuff, and ground to space battles.

MADGAME

2 random funny things. I spawned as Greedo, but during his entry animation he roared like Chewbacca. Was strangely humorous.

Spawned as Vader's TIE Advanced, his entry sound byte said "I'll deal with them myself". I proceeded to quickly shoot down a normal X-Wing and Vader said "I dealt with them myself".

Good stuff.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
You know as terrible as the glitch is, being on the side with all 6 Heroes in Walker Assault is actually a fun opportunity to dick around a bit. A bunch of my team just stretched their legs and taunted around, while the heroes just did some semi-RPing.

Hell, in some cases, the handicapped opposition was in on it too.

5taquitos

You know as terrible as the glitch is, being on the side with all 6 Heroes in Walker Assault is actually a fun opportunity to dick around a bit. A bunch of my team just stretched their legs and taunted around, while the heroes just did some semi-RPing.

It's funny, but it's also inexcusable that it's gone unfixed for so long.

I don't know why they refuse to patch between content drops.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
It's funny, but it's also inexcusable that it's gone unfixed for so long.

I don't know why they refuse to patch between content drops.

Yeah this confounds me. We've gone through two XPs with this problem and it's the biggest one I've encountered in the game so far.

Palpable

Sometimes a team is so god-awful that they can have all 6 heroes and still get wrecked.

It's a fair point. This is 2016.

Yep, the year that everybody is offended by everything.
I think it's a bullshit reason to boycot a game that takes place during the 1st World War, a war where the only women that we're actually on the battlefield we're Russian and that faction isn't even in the game (yet).
Maybe we'll get female skins with the Russian DLC to appease the offended.

Do you really want me to pull out the bingo card?

Battlefield 1 is themed after World War I, the multiplayer isn't historically accurate in the slightest.

somme

I think it's a bullshit reason to boycot a game that takes place during the 1st World War, a war where the only women that we're actually on the battlefield we're Russian and that faction isn't even in the game (yet).

If you want a "legitimate WWI" experience just play as a man. Doesn't mean their shouldn't be a choice.

Did we see any female storm troopers before Phasma? Not that I can recall but doesn't mean that players in a video game shouldn't get a choice.

Toa TAK

Banned
Stop. You're going to make all the nu-males who are boycotting the game because it doesn't allow you to play as a female, cry.

I can't believe this shit just crawled its way into this thread.

Disappointed.

Which is a valid reason to not want to support the game.

That and it's wonderful 29fps in multiplayer on consoles.

Yet you have no problem that:
-- depicting women may cause offense to war veterans and is a blight on their memory.
-- depicting women will require showing gruesome violence against women;
-- it trivializes the participation of the two countries that suffered the most causaulties of the war by including them as DLC, and;
-- rewrites US history so people playing the game will get the impression segregation and racism in US society didn't exist.

Nah, you just chose the "no playable female skin" hill to die on. Even though there's an entire SP mission depicting a playable female character.

Do you really want me to pull out the bingo card?

Battlefield 1 is themed after World War I, the multiplayer isn't historically accurate in the slightest.

Do you really think the sarcastic use of catchphrases like "historical accuracy" or a gif that somebody made in Photoshop somehow justifies your point?

I'll spell it out for you in very simple terms: REWRITING HISTORY IN ANY FORM OF MEDIA IS BAD, BAD, BAD.*

* Especially when it affects how certain groups in contemporary society behave towards others.

Yet you have no problem that:
-- depicting women may cause offense to war veterans and is a blight on their memory.
-- depicting women will require showing gruesome violence against women;
-- it trivializes the participation of the two countries that suffered the most causaulties of the war by including them as DLC, and;
-- rewrites US history so people playing the game will get the impression segregation and racism in US society didn't exist.

Nah, you just chose the "no playable female skin" hill to die on. Even though there's an entire SP mission depicting a playable female character.

Do you really think the sarcastic use of catchphrases like "historical accuracy" or a gif that somebody made in Photoshop somehow justifies your point?

I'll spell it out for you in very simple terms: REWRITING HISTORY IN ANY FORM OF MEDIA IS BAD, BAD, BAD.*

* Especially when it affects how certain groups in contemporary society behave towards others.
Lets play this game.

-Last time I checked there aren't any WWI veterans alive.
-Shouldn't the issue be how the depiction of gruesome violence is an issue in itself and not specifically in regards to women?
-Thats got nothing to do with women, its a strawman.
-How does the multiplayer do that? Oh, it doesn't and wouldn't if women were included too.

If "rewriting history" in a multiplayer shooter is so bad, I assume that you will forgo ever using SMGs, flying a zepplin, or a dozen other inaccurate things in the multiplayer. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.

You had to drag this idiocy into this thread, maybe you shouldn't post here anymore if you can't keep your gamergate shit to yourself. This is about Star Wars Battlefront, the most diverse and progressive multiplayer shooter this generation.

lawnchair

Banned
i mostly hope its balanced and plays well. also i don't want different hoppers for all of the DLC. fix the way the DLC is played. etc.

surely it will focus on a new era, which for me knocks it down a little bit. OT is the best. for me it won't be topped. PT sucks. The new stuff .. well, it has potential. i guess that's the direction it will probably be going. i simply don't have much attachment to kylo/rey/fin etc. they can still make a great game in that era (hopefully a better game than Battlefront), but it'll never hit me like the stuff from the first game because of the characters/locations/weapons used.. all the stuff i grew up with. yes, my STAR WARS FANTASIES. none of my star wars fantasies involve anything non-OT. i had to buy battlefront based on what it was .. an OT-based game. the next game i'll probably wait and see. if reviews/demos stink i might pass on it.

5taquitos

You know, I think I'd finally be OK with prequel content, as long as there's a good balance.

I actually think it would be cool if BF2 spanned all 8 movies + Rogue One, Clone Wars, and Rebels. Include four locations from each saga, and randomize the opponents a la Battlefield. For example, you could play on the Dune Sea as First Order vs. Trade Federation, or Scarif as Rebels vs. Clone Army.

Not going to happen though.

Top Bottom