• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Brofield

Bought the game at launch with the Darth Vader PS4, never got the season pass. Paying another $70 is a little much for me. With the ultimate edition coming out soon, might there be a chance it goes on sale?

5taquitos

Bought the game at launch with the Darth Vader PS4, never got the season pass. Paying another $70 is a little much for me. With the ultimate edition coming out soon, might there be a chance it goes on sale?

It's been on sale once or twice already, it will go on sale again either right before or right after the Rogue One DLC releases.

JohnDrake

I have been playing tonight and it is pretty much impossible to find a Turning Point game in the base game. I was thinking on buying the season pass later this year if it gets a price cut, the expansion pack playlists look any better? Is the game dead?

I am on PS4 btw.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I have been playing tonight and it is pretty much impossible to find a Turning Point game in the base game. I was thinking on buying the season pass later this year if it gets a price cut, the expansion pack playlists look any better? Is the game dead?

I am on PS4 btw.

Turning Point's been pretty fine with me. Are you picking specific maps though? That's generally the only time connecting has let me down.

JohnDrake

Turning Point's been pretty fine with me. Are you picking specific maps though? That's generally the only time connecting has let me down.
I have chosen the specific game mode, that was it. I didn't even knew Turning Point had more than a map available on the base game.

LoveCake

When playing in the space ships, how is it that it take ten or so laser hits to destroy a enemy ship, yet when you are hit by lasers it only takes two or three hits to destroy your ship?

I am constantly getting pumped when in a ship, it only takes a couple of hits and my ship explodes, what am I doing wrong? :(

Palpable

When playing in the space ships, how is it that it take ten or so laser hits to destroy a enemy ship, yet when you are hit by lasers it only takes two or three hits to destroy your ship?

I am constantly getting pumped when in a ship, it only takes a couple of hits and my ship explodes, what am I doing wrong? :(

The slower you fly, the easier you are to hit. The slower the enemy flys, the more damage thier lasers do

LoveCake

The slower you fly, the easier you are to hit. The slower the enemy flys, the more damage thier lasers do

That is interesting to know, thanks.

I really hope they will make it more advance the flying in Battlefront 2. Make it harder a lá Battlefield. Not a lock-on system

What do you mean harder, it's hard enough as it is (imo) :(

I don't know why I find it so difficult.

5taquitos

The lock-on system is very Star Wars though.

Yeah, it fits well.

I'd be totally fine with Battlefront 2 having the same flight system, so long as we get a dedicated X-Wing game with a detailed flight model and full systems control.

:-(

LoveCake

Playing this afternoon (just reached level 80), still getting smashed to bits in the ships, I have the left stick pushed as far forward as it can go, I am getting destroyed about five times to one of my kills!

As Rebel I play in the X-Wing using the outside view.
As Empire I play TIE- interceptor using outside view.

Anyone know if there is a guide or anything anywhere? I am starting to think there is something wrong with my Duel-Shock pad!

somme

Playing this afternoon (just reached level 80), still getting smashed to bits in the ships, I have the left stick pushed as far forward as it can go, I am getting destroyed about five times to one of my kills!

Anyone know if there is a guide or anything anywhere? I am starting to think there is something wrong with my Duel-Shock pad!

If you pull the stick back your weapons will be stronger and you'll make kills quicker.

My only advice is to kill people quickly. And that's not very helpful at all.

Palpable

You need to focus on evasive maneuvers. Don't fly straight if you're being tailed by an enemy. Do everything you can to outmaneuver them, whether it be using the environment (mountains, structures) or flying in circles. Keep in mind the turn radius on the xwing & regular TIE are very tight, so you can get behind an interceptor or an AWing easier. Pop that shield on the XWing if you're being tailed, and keep an eye out on the scoreboard as it will show an icon next to who is in what vehicles.

MADGAME

Interesting to see who will take over
Yeah. Saying he worked his last day on Battlefront makes it obvious he'll be working on something else when he returns. I hope whoever takes over his position has the same dedication and passion.

MADGAME

From a Dev:

Sorry for the no update everyone. Have been deep into Scarif and am starting to see the light. I will try to read messages and answers asap
https://twitter.com/guillaume_mroz/status/796726895677153280

Worked on stuns against heroes. Stun locking should be less of an issue soon!
https://twitter.com/guillaume_mroz/status/796729090082566145

Also:
  • Lando and Bossk glitch fix is being tested
  • The Sorosuub refinery hero pick up bug should be fixed and is being tested.
  • Darth Vader learned a new move: multitasking

I couldn't find clarification or further info on Vader's new move.

Very cool, maybe we'll get a teaser in the nest week or two.

Edit: Hopefully they're able to show stuff before the movie comes out...

It seems so soon though? Wasn't expecting anything until a week before the movie release.
Wonder how they're going to handle that. Movie releases December 14th (Wednesday)in Europe and the 16th (Friday)in the USA. Will we get the Tuesday before or after?

Top Bottom