• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MADGAME

I doubt development is completely done, he's a level artist. Most likely the levels are finished or in final testing (or just the level he was working on), but heroes and equipment are still in development/testing.
I suppose that's possible, I would think with about a month to go it's in the polishing/testing face but development finished. Although given the state of bugs and lack of patches in the game, you're probably right.

Palpable

What does the female imperial commander say sometimes when the emperor is chosen as a villain, "the emperor has beigned to appear"?

I hopped into Battlefront tonight in the first time since maybe the spring. I am glad to see that there are still people playing it.

Are there any guides floating around compiling all of the updates? The game has changed a lot since I played.

OldMan

Banned
I hopped into Battlefront tonight in the first time since maybe the spring. I am glad to see that there are still people playing it.

Are there any guides floating around compiling all of the updates? The game has changed a lot since I played.

Somehow despite recent AAA shooter games coming out the PS4 version of Battlefront still holds a 10k player count, respectively.

Here's the most recent patch notes I could find, it's from the Death Star DLC http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...front-death-star-patch-notes-ps4-pc-x1#latest

Best regards,

OM

Somehow despite recent AAA shooter games coming out the PS4 version of Battlefront still holds a 10k player count, respectively.

Here's the most recent patch notes I could find, it's from the Death Star DLC http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...front-death-star-patch-notes-ps4-pc-x1#latest

Best regards,

OM
Thanks!

I feel like such a scrub now. I used to be damned good, but the new maps, weapons, and changes are leaving me in the dust.

Now if only Battlefront would get a PS4 Pro patch...

EDIT
Damn! I just saw this:

Sharpshooter:
Level 1: “Headshots shaves of 25% of card cooldown” has been changed to “15% bonus damage while zooming”
Level 2: “Headshots shaves of 50% of card cooldown” has been changed to “30% bonus damage while zooming”
Level 3: “Headshots shaves of 100% of card cooldown” has been changed to “50% bonus damage while zooming”
Does this apply to holding "L2/L" for all weapons? Or only the ones with a true scope?

where's the pro patch for this game at? This game is already amazing looking. better than battlefield 1 imo. i can only imagine 1800p upscaled to 4k with HDR support. Man this would look sooo sick! Dice needs to make it happen considering how great of a job they did with BF1.

Ozorov

where's the pro patch for this game at? This game is already amazing looking. better than battlefield 1 imo. i can only imagine 1800p upscaled to 4k with HDR support. Man this would look sooo sick! Dice needs to make it happen considering how great of a job they did with BF1.
Battlefront 2

5taquitos

If the base game doesn't get a Pro patch, hopefully at least the X-Wing VR Mission will.

MADGAME

Do we know if we can play as any hero in Scarif or is it locked to the two? I know we may not have all the deets but I seem to remember a restriction of sorts mentioned in the past.

GazzaGSi

Been thinking about getting the season pass as I haven't played since the first DLC dropped and just read this weekend the first 3 DLC packs are free to try out. Be rude not to give them a blast to see if the pass is worth it.

witness

I never got the season pass and I see the ultimate edition will be $20 at BB on black Friday. I would rather just purchase the season pass on sale so I don't need a disc, but either way I want to get back into this. Going to jump back in this weekend with all the maps and modes for free to try it out.

Haven't played in a while, so I'm still in the 50s. Hopefully playing all weekend will get me closer to that sweet imperial officer skin.

Holy hell, Chewbacca looks awful.

Toa TAK

Banned
Haven't played in a while, so I'm still in the 50s. Hopefully playing all weekend will get me closer to that sweet imperial officer skin.

Holy hell, Chewbacca looks awful.
Yeah, Chewie does not look hot. Thankfully he's super fun to play as. Both him and Bossk after the last DLC.

The Rogue One heroes better bring it.

Nemic77

We've seen Jyn Erso's blaster pistol in the trailer/artwork and Krennic's pistol is another given for the DLC.

I just hope there's enough room to add some of the rifles that will show up in the movie.

I was at Star Wars Celebration this year and the props they were showing looked amazing. Especially the Shore Trooper and Death Trooper rifles.

I got the game on Xbox One a week after it came out, but didn't really play it much until recently. I mostly played offline (sometimes with my brothers), and a tiny bit of online here and there. I was only at rank 9 before today. Thanks to the 4x XP, I'm now at rank 16 or 17. Also glad to try out the DLC. It's fun, and the Battle Station mode in the Death Star DLC is just awesome. Definitely going to get in some quality time with it over the next few days.

Anyway, here's gifs of the Rogue One Scarif DLC teaser footage from the Ultimate Edition video.
e02CLlb.gif
aySi78k.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
Great gifs.^^

Can someone explain to me why the flying in this game is considered bad? I think it's one of the better flying mechanics in recent games. It's a lot easier to fly around in this, than say, the Battlefield titles.

Great gifs.^^

Can someone explain to me why the flying in this game is considered bad? I think it's one of the better flying mechanics in recent games. It's a lot easier to fly around in this, than say, the Battlefield titles.

That's something I don't get either. Not to brag, but I'm really good at flying in Battlefront, but getting in a plane in BF1 is instadeath for me.

WillyFive

Great gifs.^^

I could write a huge essay on how terrible the flying in EA Battlefront is, but I will just say this as a random example: in the Death Star DLC, despite the Star Destroyer section taking place in space, you still slow down when pulling up and you still accelerate when going down as if there was gravity.

And that's just a tiny nitpicking thing, not even mentioning the real problems of the ship flying mostly itself, the controls being broken by default, first person cockpit mode controls being different from third person ones, only two choices of flyable ships, boring and flat flight levels, etc.

Battlefield's flying isn't that good either, but you don't have to compare it to BF, Star Wars already has a rich history of flight games, and they have better and deeper flying mechanics than EA Battlefront. Just compare it to Rogue Squadron, or even Starfighter.

Piccoro

So I could be playing the Death Star DLC since yesterday, but only learned about it today, on a website that mentioned briefly that all the DLC will be playable for free through 17-20.

Sigh, it serves me right to depend on GAF to learn about the latest news, a website that unfortunately is known to be full of Battlefront haters. :(

Except for not having roll control, the flying is pretty similar to the Rogue Squadron series. I don't have a problem with the mechanics (except hit registration).

Also, wow, 5200 credits from one Fighter Squadron round. I'm going to be a millionaire by the time this is over.

MADGAME

No leveling up for me but getting 6,000 - 9,000 credits per match in Battle Ststion isn't so bad.

Might have to play Droid Run tonight and really rake in the dough.

MADGAME

Is Droid Run the best mode for XP?

Hold up, I wanna know this too, I assumed that was Fighter Squadron (even though I'm just ranking through the 40-player playlist).
Yep, what 5taquitos said.

In my personal experience I consistently see highly skilled players in this mode which normally makes it a total bloodbath the entire match, but the amount of XP and credit you can get is impressive.

RyanW

Glad I checked this thread earlier. Just got 51k exp on my first game of Battle Station after not playing for a couple of months.

Top Bottom