• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is anyone experiencing the same thing I am in the Trench Run of Battle Station. I pick up a hero token to be Luke or Vader but it just forces me to be Boba Fett or Han. It even says I'm now Red 5 when I'm not.

On a more nitpicky note, I can't wait for the day when we get a Star Wars game with properly scaled ships. Having my X-wing be as large as a Mon Cal cruiser or Nebulon Frigate is awful and that Star Destroyer is tiny.

Ferr986

Just tried the Death Star DLC and man, MAN. This is the most Star Wars shit I ever played. Third round is fucking incredible.

Sucks about the low health, getting destroed left and right on the second area (inside the Death Star). I can't even react with such a low health pool.

GeeTeeCee

I heard that Droid Run was a great way to rack up credits, but it sure isn't when each match starts with a 3v6 for far too long and your teamamtes are the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Back to Fighter Squadron I go.

MrDaravon

Yeah I plan on hopping on later today (haven't played in a few weeks, I'm currently Rank 83 I think?) but I'm also not exactly sure why Droid Run is so good for credits? Fighter Squadron I get as well as Death Star, although does Death Star wind up being good in a time versus credits proposition?

5taquitos

Yeah I plan on hopping on later today (haven't played in a few weeks, I'm currently Rank 83 I think?) but I'm also not exactly sure why Droid Run is so good for credits? Fighter Squadron I get as well as Death Star, although does Death Star wind up being good in a time versus credits proposition?
Droid Run works well for me because you get lots of combat, you get points whenever anyone on your team captures a droid, it's easy to quickly capture droids on your own, and rounds are really quick so you get lots of end-of-round bonuses. Droid Run matches usually seem to last about half as long as a fighter squadron match.

MrDaravon

Droid Run works well for me because you get lots of combat, you get points whenever anyone on your team captures a droid, it's easy to quickly capture droids on your own, and rounds are really quick so you get lots of end-of-round bonuses. Droid Run matches usually seem to last about half as long as a fighter squadron match.

Interesting, hadn't considered the end of round and droid capture bonuses. So everyone gets points when your team captures a droid? I thought it was just you? I never played the mode much. If everyone gets points when a droid is captured that makes sense though.

Dantooine

Banned
Yeah and that's not counting the Power ups like the B-Wing and such.

They've got to nerf those AI ship pick-ups in the next patch. Got to. Who the hell thought it was a good idea in the first place...
Ideally they will be taken out and we will be able to play them ourselves but I'm not holding my breath. This next dlc drop needs a ton of fixes and more Skirmish content. What are the odds?

GeeTeeCee

Hopefully there's enough time left in the event tomorrow for me to grind the remaining 15 levels I need to get to level 90. I want that Imperial Officer uniform.

RyanW

I wish this game had custom loadouts that included weapon, star card hand, and outfit. Just a bit of extra customization to include in the game would be nice.

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy crap, Chewbacca is no joke. First time playing as him and I didn't even realize what I was missing out on.

Then I found this amusing with one of the dead bodies in a weird state:
yJ7TVIX.gif

Hit 90 earlier today, but I still want to squeeze as much credits as I can from this when I get home from work tomorrow. Gotta build up credits for the additional Rogue One bounties and customization I'm assuming will come.

LoveCake

Hit 90 earlier today, but I still want to squeeze as much credits as I can from this when I get home from work tomorrow. Gotta build up credits for the additional Rogue One bounties and customization I'm assuming will come.

Yeah same here, just got to level 90 this evening, I am guessing that the max level with the next DLC will be 100 and the XP to reach another level will be 100,000 instead of the current 80,000 (could be more from 95,000 or even more each time you level up) there will be more Hutt contracts to get new power-ups/star cards so the skins will be the only thing to spend credits on, what will the skins be though, I would think there would only be two and three at the most (two for each Empire and Rebel) with the last at level 100, but what will the costs be 50,000 each?

The skins though do depend on what you like, I use for Rebel Twi'lek head and what the highest level body, the other high level Rebel heads I don't like and for Empire whatever the highest is, however I didn't bother with the Storm Trooper versions with the different colour cloths.

LoveCake

Why are you even playing Battle Station if you have no fucking clue how to fly? How can I be the only person on a 12 man team that can fly?

I can understand that people need to learn to get better at the flying, what I really cannot understand in trying to get R2D2 to the extraction point, why are people taking R2D2 the wrong way and back to where he originally started from!!!!!!!!!

I am sure people think that you get points for staying in R2D2 for the longest period of time or something, you can get him to the extraction in under a minute and people are just dawdling about!

GeeTeeCee

Why are you even playing Battle Station if you have no fucking clue how to fly? How can I be the only person on a 12 man team that can fly?

While it is annoying, there's something wonderful about going into the second phase with 30 more kills than everyone else.

Yesterday was the first time I got to personally blow up the Death Star. Flew all the way through the trench in one go, and I didn't see an enemy coming after me until the very last stretch. I assume I ended up with a decent squad who kept the enemy off me (or the enemy just couldn't survive flying through the trench), which was nice for a change.

I can understand that people need to learn to get better at the flying, what I really cannot understand in trying to get R2D2 to the extraction point, why are people taking R2D2 the wrong way and back to where he originally started from!!!!!!!!!

I am sure people think that you get points for staying in R2D2 for the longest period of time or something, you can get him to the extraction in under a minute and people are just dawdling about!

Were you playing on PS4 this morning when someone took R2 up into the detention cells and wouldn't leave?

GeeTeeCee

Just had a Fighter Squadron match where 10 out of the 11 deaths I suffered were from B-Wings. Please do something about this overpowered crutch for unskilled players, DICE.

5taquitos

Just had a Fighter Squadron match where 10 out of the 11 deaths I suffered were from B-Wings. Please do something about this overpowered crutch for unskilled players, DICE.

We'd better hope everything we want fixed gets into this next release. I have a feeling support won't last much longer after Rogue One comes out.

GeeTeeCee

I did it! From level 62 all the way up to 90. Got my Imperial Officer uniform and a reasonably healthy supply of credits left over.

Now to wait for the final expansion.

MrDaravon

Played off and on yesterday and today and made it from 82 to 90, purchased all the skins etc, and am sitting on 50k credits which I figure should be a good enough buffer going into the last DLC to immediately buy any new stuff like Hutt Contracts, skins etc. I was really surprised that at hitting 90 I was still about 40k short of buying the last two skins I needed; if I had never ever bought charges I'm sure I would have had decently more than that, but I always assumed I'd get enough along the way. Will still play some more tonight, but after that I don't think I ever want to play Droid Run again lol.

EL CUCO

Just started playing this again. Me and a buddy went half on the UE and I picked up the season pass in anticipation for Rogue One. I feel like I have to relearn everything!

I Hope DICE brings some of that sweet Frostbite Pro support.

Ozorov

Just started playing this again. Me and a buddy went half on the UE and I picked up the season pass in anticipation for Rogue One. I feel like I have to relearn everything!

I Hope DICE brings some of that sweet Frostbite Pro support.

Good timing to jump back in with Rogue One around the corner

RyanW

Taken from the Star Wars OT:

Entertainment Weekly are doing a Rogue One issue this week.

ew1442cvr_barns_noble4.jpg

Star Wars fans have been wondering: What is the wheel-shaped space station that an X-Wing squadron is seen attacking in Rogue One?

What you’re looking at is the Shield Gate, and the world below is Scarif, a tropical planet that is one of the Empire’s key military bases. Think of it as a galactic Los Alamos, the top-secret desert town where scientists and engineers built the first nuclear bomb during World War II.

There's a bit of new info on the space station above Scarif we've seen in the trailers and TV spots, with more to come over the next couple of days.

Scarif is a gigantic version of that — a remote weapons development facility that is so precious to the Emperor that the entire planet is covered by an impenetrable force field.

“You can see the blue sheen surrounding the entire planet,” Rogue One co-producer John Swartz says. “The shield gate is the security. As Imperial ships and cargo comes through, it punches a hole in the shield so they can pass. The gate officer gives clearances as they give out their call signs.”

AN1-FF-000361_0.jpg

rogue-one-000243090_0.jpg

I know Scarif is suppose to be getting its own Multi-Phase mode similar to Battle Station but more emphasis on ground battles, but I could see this area being the first phase of the mode to allow ground troops to land on the planet's surface.

Ozorov

Taken from the Star Wars OT:

I know Scarif is suppose to be getting its own Multi-Phase mode similar to Battle Station but more emphasis on ground battles, but I could see this area being the first phase of the mode to allow ground troops to land on the planet's surface.
Yeah thats what I am thinking too. 1 space battle and two ground battles

Lulu23

I really hope we'll get some sort of Pro mode with the December patch even if it's only higher res.
Going back to 900p from BF1's supersampling for the last DLC would be pretty jarring.

I also hope the last DLC will finally be worthwhile, as the first three weren't for someone who vastly preferred the 40 players modes.

Ozorov

I really hope we'll get some sort of Pro mode with the December patch even if it's only higher res.
Going back to 900p from BF1's supersampling for the last DLC would be pretty jarring.

I also hope the last DLC will finally be worthwhile, as the first three weren't for someone who vastly preferred the 40 players modes.
Yeah indeed about the picture quality. Played Titanfall 2 on the Pro before I jumped into a Battlefront-game. Then you really notice the difference.

But I would be really surprised if we got a Pro-patch.

RyanW

Free maps and modes, also free skins and customizations could be earned in game, but also purchased through micro transactions.
They can nickel and dime us to hell and back for all I care, if it means avoiding a split player base.
Halo 5 does the same thing. They did free content updates every month up until June with maps, modes, new in-game items, and features, while their source of income were REQ packs(consumables for Warzone, Cosmetics, etc) that they used to help fund these updates and their competitive Halo World Championship prize pool.

To give you an idea on how much they made just in a portion: Halo 5 came out in November and Worlds was March. Initial prize pool was $1m and thanks to REQ packs they were able to increase the pool to $2.5m.

DICE can make bank if they do it right

Toa TAK

Banned
Hell no, separate hoppers for each DLC release is the fucking worst. DLC maps not mixing with vanilla maps is the fucking worst. DLC modes restricted to DLC maps is the fucking worst.

I still can't believe they were fucking dumb enough to do this.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone able to comment on the PC community these days?

The Ultimate edition with all of the DLC is down to $30 on Origin and I'm considering picking it up, but a year after release, I have the sinking feeling that the online (the whole game) will be dead...

If that's the case, I might pick it up on PS4 where it's cheaper anyway.

RyanW

Hell no, separate hoppers for each DLC release is the fucking worst. DLC maps not mixing with vanilla maps is the fucking worst. DLC modes restricted to DLC maps is the fucking worst.

And don't forget each DLC pack is catered to a different experience: 8v8, 16v16, 12v12.

Like I really hope for Battlefront 2 they just stick with big team modes and bring over some of the small modes like Blast and Cargo.

They definitely need to be more uniform (while also ensuring that it runs at a solid 60fps on the base consoles like the current game does).

I'd gladly pay a $30 season pass for access to skins, weapons, equipment, and heroes so long as the associated new maps are free to everyone as to not split the player base.

Ozorov

Seems like this Ultimate Edition-sale has done a big increase in the player base the last week. Good to see before Rogue One DLC

Top Bottom