• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Nice. Need to get back in before RO drops. Probably going to be rusty as hell, so some Battlefront n00bs are going to be more than welcome :)
I got first place in my last few games and mind you, I'm really careless in how I play Battlefront so it's pretty telling.

Also there's a lot more vanilla Stormtroopers lately.

Toa TAK

Banned
I got first place in my last few games and mind you, I'm really careless in how I play Battlefront so it's pretty telling.

I've noticed this, too. Crazy to see how far the customization and game overall has come.

Ozorov

Yeah it's a game where you can jump in after a break and still be in the top of the leaderboard (if you've been there before the break)

hurzelein

With the base game being one sale for 15€ I'm thinking about giving this a chance. Are there still enough players for the base game?

Alltough the Ultimate is only 15€ more I want to stick with the base game, I have so much stuff to play that I don't want to invest too much time here.

Ozorov

With the base game being one sale for 15€ I'm thinking about giving this a chance. Are there still enough players for the base game?

Alltough the Ultimate is only 15€ more I want to stick with the base game, I have so much stuff to play that I don't want to invest too much time here.
The player base on console is good

SeanR1221

Picked up the ultimate edition from Best Buy.

As someone who stopped playing before the first expansion what are the major changes? I don't even know what these hutt contracts are!

WillyFive

As someone who stopped playing before the first expansion what are the major changes? I don't even know what these hutt contracts are!

The addition of healing cards and the ability to roll had changed the game a lot. It's a lot more of a reflex game now.

PrankT

Played for the first time in quite a while this week. Bought it digitally with the current psn sale so I can lose the disc. Game is still great, but disruption really is the worst thing ever.

Enthus

Anyone able to comment on the PC community these days?

The Ultimate edition with all of the DLC is down to $30 on Origin and I'm considering picking it up, but a year after release, I have the sinking feeling that the online (the whole game) will be dead...

If that's the case, I might pick it up on PS4 where it's cheaper anyway.

Quoting because I have the same question.

RyanW

It'd be nice if they added missions for Bespin, Death Star, and Scarif. Personally I think Survival has so much potential and would be fun to play as a well fleshed out 4 player Horde mode.

Ozorov

Interesting.

Can you access the new maps from quick play or only from the expansion playlists?

Only from the list unfortunately. There's no way to play vanilla + DLC-maps on the same server :/. Hopefully we'll get a real server browser with Battlefront 2.

Looks like the game is selling really well on amazon. Regular vanilla one (9.99 one) is sold out. And the ultimate edition expected shipping date is 1-4 weeks lol. All for ps4 btw.

So it's no surprise I'm no huge fan of this game but the ultimate edition for 20 dollars has me tempted. Do people still play on the dlc playlists? Have they mentioned any plans to make the season pass free eventually do more people are playing the dlc? Ate they going to make an "all dlc" or "all dlc and vanilla content" playlists at some point?

It baffles me that DICE is still so poor at this

Also yeah for a game that supposedly prides itself on not having unlock bs, it sure has a lot of unlock bs. God bless Overwatch

Toa TAK

Banned
So it's no surprise I'm no huge fan of this game but the ultimate edition for 20 dollars has me tempted. Do people still play on the dlc playlists? Have they mentioned any plans to make the season pass free eventually do more people are playing the dlc? Ate they going to make an "all dlc" or "all dlc and vanilla content" playlists at some point?

They haven't said anything about it. Assume that the DLC model will remain the same for now.

People do still play on the DLC playlists however.

Ozorov

Also yeah for a game that supposedly prides itself on not having unlock bs, it sure has a lot of unlock bs. God bless Overwatch

Platform?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
The new mode in Rogue One DLC is called Infiltration according to Star Wars HQ
Any word on how it plays?

I'm thinking of something the lines of a diversion where a select number of rebels are assigned like the Trench Run and need to retrieve something except this time these players aren't disclosed to the Imperials.

Ozorov

Any word on how it plays?

I'm thinking of something the lines of a diversion where a select number of rebels are assigned like the Trench Run and need to retrieve something except this time these players aren't disclosed to the Imperials.

Summary:
1 new vehicle: U-wing
2 new weapons: A180 blaster (3 abilities) and DT-29 blaster
4 new maps
2 new power ups
1 new star card
2 new heroes: Jyn and Orson
New mode called Infiltration (Dennis has said it's a multi-stage mode as Death Star but with more focus on ground battles, he also said we will go from space to ground)

Nemic77

Summary:
4 new maps
2 new power ups
1 new star card
New mode called Infiltration (Dennis has said it's a multi-stage mode as Death Star but with more focus on ground battles, he also said we will go from space to ground)

Gutted that we won't be getting the cool looking carbines and rifles that were shown in the trailers. Only 2 blaster pistols? Meh...

Also I'm betting that the Death Troopers will be Krennic's bodyguards and won't be an unlockable skin.

LoveCake

I have to say that I am surprised that a lot of people don't seem to like this game, I have been playing it since day one, and yes the WA demo/BETA was what sold me on the game, yes the game is pretty basic and simplistic gameplay-wise, but it's a fun FPS game (imo at least).

fritolay

Yeah I have base game. Then quit and haven't played DLC, any of it. I was thinking I would get the DLC on sale or in EA Access some time. But 20 dollars for ultimate edition was sweet deal.

RyanW

Summary:
4 new maps
2 new power ups
1 new star card

Aww no TIE Striker? Even though it's in the concept art?

Edit: Oh it seems like this is coming from the Amazon page for the DLC: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXO4DU6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Kind of disappointing. We know there will be new skins to unlock but I wonder if there's going to be a major update that goes with the DLC. Would be nice to get an update on Skirmish & Missions along with getting the B-Wing, Y-Wing, Defender, and Bomber playable

Edit #2: You can see more specific if you scroll down:
2 new playable heroes; Jyn Erso, Orson Krennic
1 new vehicle; U-wing
2 new weapons; A180 blaster (3 abilities) (Blaster mode, Sniper mode, Ion launcher), DT-29 blaster
1 new star card; Sonic Imploder
2 new power-ups; TIE Striker power-up, U-wing power-up
4 new maps set in space and on the planet Scarif; Scarif Beach, Scarif Jungle, Landing Pad 13, Shield Gate (Fighter Squadron mode only)
Infiltration game mode

Aww no TIE Striker? Even though it's in the concept art?

Edit: Oh it seems like this is coming from the Amazon page for the DLC: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXO4DU6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Kind of disappointing. We know there will be new skins to unlock but I wonder if there's going to be a major update that goes with the DLC. Would be nice to get an update on Skirmish & Missions along with getting the B-Wing, Y-Wing, Defender, and Bomber playable

Edit #2: You can see more specific if you scroll down:
A blaster with 3 modes? DICE pls

Bought the Ultimate Edition because I was excited to play the RO DLC... might get here after Rogue One releases lol. I guess that's good because I'm on a media blackout for that, only saw the awesome first trailer.

pacman85

I have to say that I am surprised that a lot of people don't seem to like this game, I have been playing it since day one, and yes the WA demo/BETA was what sold me on the game, yes the game is pretty basic and simplistic gameplay-wise, but it's a fun FPS game (imo at least).
This

Ceej

Struggling with my decision of buying this for XB1 vs. PC. I really DON'T want to buy it for XB1... I'm terrible at FPS with gamepad, graphics are worse, etc. But I hear there aren't that many players on PC and the numbers are dropping... any truth to that?

5taquitos

Struggling with my decision of buying this for XB1 vs. PC. I really DON'T want to buy it for XB1... I'm terrible at FPS with gamepad, graphics are worse, etc. But I hear there aren't that many players on PC and the numbers are dropping... any truth to that?

Currently online players

PC: 5,247 (24h peak: 5,382)

XBOXONE: 17,417 (24h peak: 17,610)

PS4: 30,867 (24h peak: 31,169)

Total: 53,531

The devs have said in the past that these numbers aren't completely accurate, but yeah the Xbox One has a siginificantly better population.

pots555

Can't find ONE game from the expansion packs with players in them on the Xbox one. So disappointed! I really want to try out the Death Star maps. It's frustrating. Even finding players on the basic modes and maps is hard.

5taquitos

Can't find ONE game from the expansion packs with players in them on the Xbox one. So disappointed! I really want to try out the Death Star maps. It's frustrating. Even finding players on the basic modes and maps is hard.

How's your NAT? I don't think there should be issues finding games in most modes on the Xbox One (I don't know for sure, PS4 here) since the population seems decent still, especially since it's a holiday Sunday and it was just on sale. Could be a NAT issue.

pots555

How's your NAT? I don't think there should be issues finding games in most modes on the Xbox One (I don't know for sure, PS4 here) since the population seems decent still, especially since it's a holiday Sunday and it was just on sale. Could be a NAT issue.

Thanks for the help. My NAT is open, so I don't know why I can't find other players. This is beyond frustrating.

Ozorov

Try to reboot your machine and try again. I think this is some bug, has happen to other people in this thread also.

PrankT

Is it worth buying this game with no DLC for PS4? The $7.50 pricetag is nice, and I missing the $20 deals.
The heroes are pretty great, though the weapons/items/maps/modes are mediocre. My opinion of course. Dlc is a lot of fun when it first releases and then everyone goes back to vanilla.

Ozorov

The heroes are pretty great, though the weapons/items/maps/modes are mediocre. My opinion of course. Dlc is a lot of fun when it first releases and then everyone goes back to vanilla.

Rogue One is our last hope. I like the multi-stage idea they had with the Death Star-DLC so it can be good. One week tomorrow!

5taquitos

I still think Outer Rim is the best, even though it was the most underwhelming-sounding when it was announced (maps on existing planets). Extraction and the Jabba maps are really fun.

LoveCake

Ugh here we go again, I have no problem with new people playing, but why oh why don't people know what to do, as Rebel on Death Star, win the first battle, then get R2D2 to the extraction and then on to the Death Star, where when it's people turn to get to the checkpoint, they seem to think "hmm my ship has turned blue, instead of trying to get the these checkpoint beacons on my screen, the aim for me is to keep flying about and stay alive for as long as I can" , if it's not hard enough getting R2D2 to the extraction it's these idiots that simply cannot understand a very simple concept of reaching a checkpoint.

At level 90 so I think I am going to have a rest form this until the next DLC drops, I don't want to jump on people, but it ruins the game it really does.

hurzelein

Wow, bought Vanilla for 15€ a few days ago expecting a good but not great experience, but I absolutely love it!

I think I want to invest a bit more, what should I do?

Season Pass is 30€.
Ultimate is 30€.
Buy only one DLC now for 15.
Wait on a DLC sale and buy the best 1-3.

Hmmm. Season pass also includes the upcoming DlC right?

Edit: Wow I'm a real sucker, PSN sale is over. Guess I'll wait then and buy the upcoming one.

Ozorov

Wow, bought Vanilla for 15€ a few days ago expecting a good but not great experience, but I absolutely love it!

I think I want to invest a bit more, what should I do?

Season Pass is 30€.
Ultimate is 30€.
Buy only one DLC now for 15.
Wait on a DLC sale and buy the best 1-3.

Hmmm. Season pass also includes the upcoming DlC right?

Edit: Wow I'm a real sucker, PSN sale is over. Guess I'll wait then and buy the upcoming one.
I would probably go with Rogue one if that one is good recived. But if you have the season pass you get two weeks headstart (Dec 6th)

Top Bottom