• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MADGAME

Live stream friday at 10 AM PDT
Nice, I'm in. Perfect time at work to watch.

Nice Scarif shot, I'm digging the clouds and lighting.

wr14znrr611y.jpg

MADGAME

Apparently Star Wars HQ is doing the live stream.
NotLikeThis.gif
. I'm expecting a full report from you.

Oh no not them! Ugh. Well if there are multiple streams, at least they will be first and we can get them out of the way early.

Apparently Star Wars HQ is doing the live stream.
NotLikeThis.gif
. I'm expecting a full report from you.
Are they the guys that did the Bespin stream? Not watching if so, what a bunch of clowns.

Anyway: RO is looking good. It's going to be hard choosing what to play the next couple of weeks: Battlefront, BF1 and the rejuvenated No Man's Sky are all screaming for attention.

Ozorov

Are they the guys that did the Bespin stream? Not watching if so, what a bunch of clowns.

Anyway: RO is looking good. It's going to be hard choosing what to play the next couple of weeks: Battlefront, BF1 and the rejuvenated No Man's Sky are all screaming for attention.
Yeah Its them. They should have gone with BattlefrontUpdates again, he did the death star one. Havent played BF1 for a long time (since I picked up Titanfall 2).

Ozorov

For the rebels on the new mode:
Stage 1: Get a U-wing through a shield (One player is controlling the U-wing, it can be max 3(?) U-wings at the same time, if they get destroyed you lose)
Stage 2: Destroy two Imperial ships (on the ground - kinda like that "Bomb/Arm"-thing on Bespin
Stage 3: Deliver the Death Star-plans to a ship

Ozorov

If you have the new weapon with 3 abilities you can't use your star cards. The other new gun is kinda revolver like

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got the ultimate edition a few days ago and have put in a few hours over the past 2 nights. I'm definitely having a good time despite being not very good. I'm digging the dogfighter stuff in Death Star. Tie Interceptors are pretty rad.

Ozorov

Is the Bo-Rifle going to be that infection thing to get? Kill someone using it and then pick it up to unlock it?

Is the Bo Rifle the gun you unlock when you kill someone that has it? Or did they can that idea?

I just had the sound in the background when they started so I missed that part. Just saw that he had it in his weapon menu and that it has a OHK-melee with a cooldown. I suspect MADGAME to fill us in later on :D.

The new weapon can be a sniper, a blaster without overheat (which ability has a cooldown) and kinda like TL-50s "bomb"-ability. In normal mode it's a pistol.

Krenic has death troopers as helpers, they are taller then normal troopers and they're coming with thermal imploders.

Blast is 14v14

After listening to the stream it sounds like Lucasarts is pretty much deciding everything that can or can't be in the game.

Twitch-chat is still the worst the earth have seen

They wanted to get the real actors to do the voices, but it couldn't be done.

death trooper looks dope

no hero blast in the patch

5taquitos

The WA mode they're playing right now has three uplinks?

But the UI text still says "Activate Both Uplinks" lol

How is Blast going to be 14v14 when the rest of the modes are 20v20?

Judging by the scoreboard they just showed, all modes will be 14v14

Nemic77

They talked about the leaked Hero Blast mode. They said it was just something they messed around but didn't finish and that they would let the community know if they add it down the road.

MADGAME

Stuff I compiled from watching the first stream. I'm sure I missed stuff because the stream audio cut out when they talked about Armor and Sonic Imploder. Also tried to document on mobile so apologies for formatting.

Maps
~Scarif Beach
~Scarif Jungle
~Landing Pad 13

Game modes 14v14 (thanks 5taquitos)
~Infiltration - 3 stage mode, "story based" in nature. Stage 1 in space, quick jump to get U-Wing through a shield gate as the planet is covered by a shield. Only way to get through is to go through the shield gate. A random player selected to do this. Corellian Corvettes will fly in and provide cover similar to debris. As the stage progresses, more U-wings will be called in for additional chances to make it through the gate (more than one U-Wing trying to get through, up to 3 U-wings).Stage 2 and Stage 3 are ground based. Stage 2 - Objective is to blow up one of the Cargo Ships by planting explosives. Stage 3 - The Extraction. After Cargo Ship explodes, pick up and deliver data tape back to U-wing. Krennic and Jyn are only heroes in this mode.
~Turning Point
~Blast
~Walker Assult
~Fighter Squadron
~VR - Rogue One X-Wing VR Mission

Vehicles
~U-Wing - defensive based ship. Shield, speed boost, radar jammer. Playable in Phase one of Infiltration by random selection.

Weapons
~DT-29 - Krennic's weapon from the movie. Revolver style blaster, no overheat. Cartridges pop out after so many shots and then reload animation or manual reload (slow reload).
~A180- Jyn's pistol. Normal single shot pistol with 3 functions with cooldowns - rapid fire blaster, sniper add-on, and Ion shot mode which does damage to players but extra damage to vehicles(fires similar to grenade launcher). These 3 "abilities" take up your star card slots while equipped. It appears you can't use Star Cards while this gun is equipped.
~CJ-9 BO Rifle - Single fire semi auto rifle, secondary function is a lethal melee strike.

Heroes
~Krennic - abilities - Wrath of the Empire, temporarily buffs player health by 200% and small amount for nearby Villains. Armor Debuff which is a one-hit kill (kind of opposite Chewbacca's roar). Droid CTB-5 - drops a Squad Shield that stays around the droid as it moves, emits Dioxis if enemies get close, and also has Scan Pulse.
~Jyn Erso - abilities - Sonic Imploder - Flashbang, armor debuff and damage too. Her A180 allows here to switch to another mode then switch back to bypass cooldown. Trunchan (sp?) Surge - Lunges forward with her baton, she can melee bounce from person to person. She builds up charges for her baton by kills. As her trait increases, you get more charges per kill - 1 charge for level one, 2 charges for level 2, and 3 charges for level 3.

Pickups
~U-Wing (Infiltration game mode) - on rails and circles the battlefield while the player fires blasters from air to ground. You can be sniped out of the ship. Personal shields and jammers work to counter the U-wing fire.
~TIE Striker - within a small area, the TIE Striker comes in and bombards the area, nearby where you are after you activate it. It appears to make two strafing runs.

Star Cards
~Only one Star Card added - Sonic Imploder. Acts as a flashbang and armor debuff.

Skins
~Shore Trooper
~Shore Trooper Captain - rank 100 unlock
~Death Trooper - Spawnable guards for Krennic. They are tall, about 6'5" or 2 meters in height. A full head or so bigger than everyone else. Abilites - carry DLT-19, Cooling Flush Star Card, Smart Rocket, and Thermal Imploder.

Changes and Random Stuff
~Jyn and Krennic can be used in all previous maps
~Hutt Contracts for the Weapons and Star Card
~Armor introduced - Buff and debuff, given via Hero powers. Krennic can debuff.
~Original Hero traits Luke - as he gets more kills, the faster he can sprint. Han - as his trait increases, his damage dropoff decreases and slight blaster damage increase. Leia - Armor bonus to rebels nearby. Emperor - faster recharge for lightning ability. Boba - Small passive scan radius that will get bigger over time, and quicker jetpack regen. Vader - Armor increase based on number of enemies around him.
~Walker Assault multiple hero glitch fix coming in patch
~Speeder Bike Hero killing fixed
~Cargo and Droid Run coming to Death Star
~Damage reduction for TIE Bombers, TIE Defenders, Y-Wings and B-Wings. Challenge to get them playable so not this patch, maybe later on.
~HvV rounds to win reduced from 5 to 3, then side-switch.
~No new hero skins, reason given was all resources focused on Scarif development
~If you see a "*" next to someone's name in-game, that indicates you are playing with a dev.
~No news on Skirmish, but comment below was referenced
~Battlefront Rep couldn't comment on content past Scarif, but said longevity of the game is important
~"If and when Hero Blast comes out, we'll let you know"

MADGAME

Awesome breakdown

Are we sure it's 20v20? I think the scoreboards only ever showed 14v14, even in the WA mode, and they specifically mentioned 14v14 Blast
I may have made a mistake, I can edit but having trouble verifying. The scoreboard seems like a solid indicator though.

MADGAME

Nerf to Disruption incoming:
https://twitter.com/phatseejay/status/804783758041812993?s=09
Disruption has a 1.5 second charge time before discharging now. Person also can't shoot during that time.

And to DL-50 also
https://twitter.com/phatseejay/status/804806728818847744
The TL-50 does less damage against heroes & vehicles. The cooling flush skill game is harder & the max dmg radius is shrunk slightly.

Edit: Trait requirements being tweaked:
https://twitter.com/phatseejay/status/804817629244428288

Something that @TheVestalViking didn't mention is that our persistence designer upgraded the traits a bit.
The traits demands a bit more more to level up now, but in turn you now also progress with scoring events, like headshots and bacta heals.
You can now also see the progress to the next trait level through a small progress bar that fills around the trait icon.

So leveling up traits are a mix of kills and score.

LoveCake

When does this go live?

Is anyone else worried about Star Wars Battlefront 2, due to some of the most iconic sections of Star Wars have already been done/used in this first game?

Sort of going off topic I know, but how could this game be improved? I have mentioned a couple of days ago,
I have to say that I am surprised that a lot of people don't seem to like this game, I have been playing it since day one, and yes the WA demo/BETA was what sold me on the game, yes the game is pretty basic and simplistic gameplay-wise, but it's a fun FPS game (imo at least).
SW:BF is a generic FPS (multiplayer only) it cover's all the bases, it is good looking graphically, it is easy to pick up and play and the missions are pretty straight forward, it is set in the Star Wars universe.

I have not played COD for years now and I have had so much fun playing SW:BF (currently 270 hours played so far) and yet I read that Xbox and PC owners have trouble getting games (I play on PS4) it cannot be that the game is too simplistic surely? a online/multiplayer FPS is a online/multiplayer FPS, in the dictionary under online/multiplayer FPS it says "Star Wars: Battlefront" what more do people want?

I hope that the sequel isn't a campaign game with online/multiplayer tacked on, the best single player campaign Star Wars game imo is Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox).

Would it not be better to have this game as a service like Street Fighter V? I would rather have more DLC than a new game that is basically a rehash, I mean the only way the Walker Assault on Hoth or Death Star trench-run could be any better is graphically, is not gameplay more important (it is imo), is this game not the best online/multiplayer FPS set in the Star Wars universe there will ever be, is it under appreciated and in the future going to be looked on as a true classic of the genera?

I would like and I hope somebody from EA/Dice reads this, for one last hurrah there is a DLC drop where by there is a Star Card that gives the use of a (colour customisable) lightsaber for time it takes to run down ( 10 seconds), yes it may be a bit of a game-breaker but wouldn't it be a epic finally for the game and it's players that have stayed the course (you would have to be a certain level, 101 for example).

WillyFive

When does this go live?

Is anyone else worried about Star Wars Battlefront 2, due to some of the most iconic sections of Star Wars have already been done/used in this first game?

What? I figured the exact opposite; they held back through the entirety of this game's life stuff that they obviously want for the sequel. The entirety of Clone Wars and Force Awakens is missing from this game; stuff that one would have expected to have been there on launch.

Top Bottom