• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

I really expect a puppet Yoda ghost in VIII.

Anakin is who I most want to see return though.

Anakin makes the most sense.

*Ghost Anakin appears in front of Kylo*

Kylo - Grandfather... show me the w--

*Ghost Anakin slaps Kylo*

Anakin - Bitch I turned good at the end

Kylo - How did you slap me you're a gh---

*Anakin slaps him again*

Boem

So if a regular person dies in Star Wars, we don't know what happens.

But if you're super zen, spend the last half of your life alone, ignoring all the death and suffering around you, you get to be a ghost.

Being good or evil doesn't have much to do with it. In fact, you're better off evil because if you get to be a ghost then you revert back to looking young and hot. If you're good you stay an old dude forever. Also, if you're evil you still get to do all sorts of cool stuff and you don't have to spend all your time in a cave somewhere, you just get a boss castle.

So how long do you get to stay a ghost? Can they travel anywhere? Where do they hang out when we're not seeing them, can they communicate with each other at all? Or did they just all show up at that ewok party at the same time?

I need answers.

SpaceWolf

Banned
If Yoda's in 8, he'll be a puppet. They'll want to keep his design in continuity with his OT look.

Plus, wasn't Frank Oz seen hanging around the set?

Toa TAK

Banned

But if you're super zen, spend the last half of your life alone, ignoring all the death and suffering around you, you get to be a ghost.

Being good or evil doesn't have much to do with it. In fact, you're better off evil because if you get to be a ghost then you revert back to looking young and hot. If you're good you stay an old dude forever. Also, if you're evil you still get to do all sorts of cool stuff and you don't have to spend all your time in a cave somewhere, you just get a boss castle.

So how long to you get to stay a ghost? Can they travel anywhere? Where do they hang out when we're not seeing them, can they communicate with each other at all? Or did they just all show up at that ewok party at the same time?

I need answers.
People are wondering why I'm laughing

What do I say?

Blunoise

So how long do you get to stay a ghost? Can they travel anywhere? Where do they hang out when we're not seeing them, can they communicate with each other at all? Or did they just all show up at that ewok party at the same time?

I need answers.

What happen to this thread, at first it was going fine and I was looking for some leaks but now it's all over the place....like is this person foreal or nah

I need answers.

Ghosts aren't canon in Star Wars, Luke is just legitimately insane

That's the twist

I hope they do a puppet

58zefHR.jpg

Think Brandon has the right idea about heading over at 5 AM might just do that both nights.

Nobody seems to have any firm facts about any of it, right now I'm seeing that there's around 200 but that has probably went up since. Still playing it by ear.

Tomorrow night definitely getting in line before midnight. Not chancing that one.

Anyone have a guess as to how big that Galaxy auditorium is?

This line thing has got me rethinking too. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anyone have a guess as to how big that Galaxy auditorium is?

The main stage holds around 3500 people I believe?

Nobody seems to have any firm facts about any of it, right now I'm seeing that there's around 200 but that has probably went up since. Still playing it by ear.

Tomorrow night definitely getting in line before midnight. Not chancing that one.

I'm kinda sitting here wondering if I even wanna try since people will actually know they can queue all day for that one.

Boem

So I don't know that Kyle guy but why should I hate him? Or am I better off not knowing? Getting a bit tired of learning about all these internet celebrities who turn out to be racists/sexists/nazi's. More often than not, it's the first time I ever heard of them, so the last couple of months online consisted of me getting to know a lot of bad people.

That said, I do love some gossip.

So I don't know that Kyle guy but why should I hate him?

Nah, it's not like that. I mean, he's very strongly affiliated with Rebel Force Radio (which sucks) and he also directed Fanboys (oooooof), but what Jen seems to be speaking to there isn't so much the quality of his content (which is not high, typically) but the weird double-standard in the fandom itself - women write fan-fiction all the time and it's often immediately dismissed. A guy writes fan-fiction and manages to get a stage at Star Wars Celebration three times in a row, and it's just automatically accepted as 100% valid and worthy of your time.

It's kinda poking at the embedded presence of privilege in the fandom, and how its often not questioned, and usually rewarded. Kyle & his radio drama is a decent object example, is all. It's not a criticism of the man himself, or his writing.

Boem

Nah, it's not like that. I mean, he's very strongly affiliated with Rebel Force Radio (which sucks) and he also directed Fanboys (oooooof), but what Jen seems to be speaking to there isn't so much the quality of his content (which is not high, typically) but the weird double-standard in the fandom itself - women write fan-fiction all the time and it's often immediately dismissed. A guy writes fan-fiction and manages to get a stage at Star Wars Celebration three times in a row, and it's just automatically accepted as 100% valid and worthy of your time.

It's kinda poking at the embedded presence of privilege in the fandom, and how its often not questioned, and usually rewarded.

Ah right. Thought it'd be the other thing.

Don't know enough about the fandom to say anything meaningful about this, but yeah, these things often still are a boys club, that's for sure.

Seigyoku

I see insanity reigns supreme huh. Well we left WDW and I need a shower and supplies before I can head over and like hell I'm waiting outside in Florida humidity. Pfft. I'm mad enough at my hair already.

Bobby, is there really no women wrttien Star Wars radio show or the like? :/

There are a lot more female-fronted podcasts than there used to be, yeah. It's getting better. And one of the best-known personalities, Amy Ratcliffe, is hosting one of the stages for the second year in a row.

It's pretty cool.

Toa TAK

Banned
There are a lot more female-fronted podcasts than there used to be, yeah. It's getting better. And one of the best-known personalities, Amy Ratcliffe, is hosting one of the stages for the second year in a row.

It's pretty cool.
Which one?

Edit: Found it, Lattes with Leia for anyone interested.

RFR gotchu covered

Their most recent episode is a pretty good exercise in passive aggression: They spend quite a bit of time talking about an years-old episode (That you'll have to pay to access soon) they did with Ashley Eckstein about bullying, and then they read a letter from a gay listener who wrote in after that episode, and then they spend the next half hour complimenting their personal friends who stuck up for them on twitter last month, all without actually addressing anything about their getting pulled from the Podcast stage.

I mean, if they're actually going to attempt giving a shit about women, gay people, minorities, and the community at large, that's a good thing. Hopefully they keep doing that, and not just as passive-aggressive follow-ups to months of negative reaction. But I'm probably gonna be skeptical on that front for awhile.

100% confirmed by convention staff they're honoring the current line. I could still probably make it into the live panel room. Hm.

TheXbox

Their most recent episode is a pretty good exercise in passive aggression: They spend quite a bit of time talking about an years-old episode (That you'll have to pay to access soon) they did with Ashley Eckstein about bullying, and then they read a letter from a gay listener who wrote in after that episode, and then they spend the next half hour complimenting their personal friends who stuck up for them on twitter last month, all without actually addressing anything about their getting pulled from the Podcast stage.

I mean, if they're actually going to attempt giving a shit about women, gay people, minorities, and the community at large, that's a good thing. Hopefully they keep doing that, and not just as passive-aggressive follow-ups to months of negative reaction. But I'm probably gonna be skeptical on that front for awhile.
Who knows, maybe they'll actually do an episode with one. One that's not a celebrity, mind. (they probably have, at some point, but to my memory every guest and every co-host have been straight white guys)

100% confirmed by convention staff they're honoring the current line. I could still probably make it into the live panel room. Hm.
What a nightmare. Good luck, dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom