• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So reading the article, this whole thing is basically a cartoon series and toyline just for younger girls.

I mean, I don't know that I'm gonna be watching any of these shorts anytime soon myself, but I can't knock this effort on Lucasfilm's part. It's easily the most neglected part of their fanbase for going on 40 years.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So reading the article, this whole thing is basically a cartoon series and toyline just for younger girls.

I mean, I don't know that I'm gonna be watching any of these shorts anytime soon myself, but I can't knock this effort on Lucasfilm's part. It's easily the most neglected part of their fanbase for going on 40 years.

"Pandering to someone that isn't us? We see right through your corporate conspiracy, Disney!" - The RLM guys right now, probably

Surfinn

Diversity for the sake of diversity according to the bleeding edge of SW opinions

(This is actually really cool)

Edit damn you Bronx

Boke1879

The animated shorts might be good and I can't knock them for going after that demographic. It's kinda neglected by them

But those figures are hot fucking garbage

These are more or less my feelings as well, except for the part where you're not watching the shorts because I am totally there, child-aged content be damned.

All will be forgiven as long as we get a trailer on Friday. I don't know what I will do if there is no trailer this weekend. I'll have the biggest blue balls ever.

Davide

9Be8x7p.jpg

Seriously, somebody draw some glasses on chewie there.

Dy4E311.jpg

Fj0823

The... headgear involved probably doesn't reflect too well on that profit margin

Monster High begs to differ

Look at the shit my cousins buy:

dhb47_xxx_16_093.jpg

You would have to pay me to have my kids play with that abomination.

A bit more plastic on the head for Ahsoka can't be that bad

Drayco21

I dig the art style on those shorts; fun little self-contained vignettes have potential to be cool, so I'm down- especially for something starring Jyn or Ahsoka. Those dolls look pretty rough though; I'm not really the target audience, and they look a lot like the stuff my sister used to love as a kid, so hopefully they resonate with kids.

Also, when I was out with a friend tonight, I was still being fueled by Pre-Celebration hype, and made the mistake of learning that Rogue One figures were on sale for $3.99.

Dammit, I haven't actively collected Star Wars figures in years. I thought I was finally free!

BUT ARE THE SHORTS CANON?

Either they're as canon as The Freemaker Adventures (aka not very) or they fall in that weird zone where they're canon as long as they don't conflict with the film narrative.

Regardless, they're 3-minute-long cartoons made for little girls; it's not exactly the end of the world if they're inconsistent in some way.

They're canon. It's right there in the EW article.

In some cases, multiple heroines will appear in adventures with each other, even though some of them are from different eras – but it’s all official canon. One of the opportunities here was to tell the stories in between the larger moments and imagine some of the ways our characters have crossed,” says Carrie Beck, an executive producer of the shorts and a member of the Lucasfilm story group braintrust. “It’s all part of the larger swath of storytelling.” More will be revealed this Friday at the annual Star Wars Celebration fan gathering.

It's on Disney XD, they're not killing both of them off. Best we'll get is Kanan dead, Ezra in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space or whatever, just away from the happenings of the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom