• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drayco21

I guarantee you both of them bite it before A New Hope.

They probably have to, just because we can't have multiple force sensitives running around- especially ones Yoda actually knows are alive and active. I'm just curious when, where and how.

There's a big part of me that really doesn't want to see Kanan go though; he's one of my favorite parts of the nuEU.

i cant wait for all of the lego star wars the freemaker adventures announcements and megatons. Thats basically the only thing worth watching for

shingi70

Banned
Yeah I really don't get the love for Ahsoka on GAF. I hate Ahsoka, The Clone Wars, and Filoni more than the prequels.

As long as there is nothing a live action Ahsoka movie....

Ashoka is like the third best Star Wars character next to Luke and Obi-wan.

Drayco21

That's a weird way to talk about one of the best Star Wars characters.

tumblr_o3uk6mzElB1r2pp2to1_500.gif

Maybe because Rebels isn't good?

I feel like it's really grown into its own over season 2- It's got nothing on later Clone Wars seasons, but it's been pretty fun for a while now.

Davide

Ashoka is like the third best Star Wars character next to Luke and Obi-wan.
You're seriously saying Ahsoka is a better character than Han and Vader?

Ugh, the GAF Ahsoka love is just utterly bizarre to me.

This post does make me realize how Star Wars really doesn't have the best written individual characters though.

Savitar

Yeah but is Ahsoka alive or what?

She's seen walking into a dark doorway at the end of the last episode she was in so yeah she's alive.

She ain't dead, until you see her actually die.

Rebels is a shitty show but I did like the Ashoka vs Vader scene with his mask damaged and she gets confirmation on who he is.

That was a good moment.

Davide

I think what's more bizzare is that you think it's only GAF's love for her.

I remember at least in 2008 with the movie Ahsoka was universally hated. I still can't stand the idea of Anakin even having an apprentice. Godawful.

Haven't watched much of Rebels lately but I did see the final Maul episode and it was done shockingly terribly.

Kalentan

I remember at least in 2008 with the movie Ahsoka was universally hated. I still can't stand the idea of Anakin having an apprentice.

Well that was 2008 and over the course of the The Clone Wars show she developed and people began to really enjoy her until she became a hugely popular character in the fandom. And her being Anakin's apprentice adds a lot of depth to his character which would have been further explored in the unfinished episodes of Season 6 with him dealing directly with her absence.

Seriously, the connection between her and Anakin adds so much to the Season 2 finale of Rebels that it can't be understated how much more worthwhile it is if you had watched TCW beforehand.

Davide

Well that was 2008 and over the course of the The Clone Wars show she developed and people began to really enjoy her until she became a hugely popular character in the fandom. And her being Anakin's apprentice adds a lot of depth to his character which would have been further explored in the unfinished episodes of Season 6 with him dealing directly with her absence.

Seriously, the connection between her and Anakin adds so much to the Season 2 finale of Rebels that it can't be understated how much more worthwhile it is if you had watched TCW beforehand.

I watched at least four seasons of TCW and still found Ahsoka annoying, out of place, and unlikeable.

The show makes an even greater mess of Anakin's characterization. In AOTC he's a very immature guy with psychopathic tendencies and mere months later in the show he's a cartoon more easy going hero with a Padawan.

Ahsoka and Clone Wars I get (even if I don't agree with it) but why would you hate Filoni? The man gave us Avatar for goodness sake!
Never seen it.

Made it into the overnights just a few minutes before midnight. Unfortunately, stuck at the Celebration stage for the stream of the 40th anniversary. Thought about heading to the hotel for the night, but figured I might as well get a better idea about how tomorrow night is going to go.

Standing watch right now while my buddy takes a nap. This blaring music is rather unfortunate, but I guess it's helping keep me up, if nothing else.

If anyone here gets bored and wants to say hi, I'm basically at the very end of the huge line sprawled out on a green sheet, under the Clone Trooper banner.

Toa TAK

Banned
Clone Wars is good

this thread is crazy

you guys deserve nothing at this celebration

I hope all they show is an announcement of an announcement of the trailer date due late September

Kalentan

I watched at least four seasons of TCW and still found Ahsoka annoying, out of place, and unlikeable.

The show makes an even greater mess of Anakin's characterization. In AOTC he's a very immature guy with psychopathic tendencies and mere months later in the show he's a cartoon more easy going hero with a Padawan.

Okay, I can agree to disagree on Ashoka but how can you hate Anakin's characterization? The show actually made him a good character. It actually gave him depth and showed why he could fall to the dark side.

Savitar

Okay, I can agree to disagree on Ashoka but how can you hate Anakin's characterization? The show actually made him a good character. It actually gave him depth and showed why he could fall to the dark side.

Probably because the TV and movie characters are two very much different things, Anakin in the shows doesn't even feel like the same Anakin in the movies. But you can blame that on a bunch of writers trying to flush out his character compared to ol Jorges clunky writing and absurd evil turn.

Davide

There were ways to flesh him out as a much better character rather than just ignoring the other two films, as much as I dislike them. The "from my point of view the Jedi are evil" Anakin in ROTS who believes he was literally the only Jedi to not know of a conspiracy to kill all the Senators is absolutely not someone who I could see as having been a teacher for years. It just doesn't work.

What would have been much better would be to get into how Anakin's political views grew over time and factored into him becoming Vader - such as, when he was a slave it was a bad thing that the Republic did not have control over the planet to have stopped slavery. To be frustrated with the limited jurisdiction of the Jedi. Believing that the answer to the biggest problems he sees in the galaxy, is more control and that the Republic must expand to conquer more worlds, to impose order. Peace by any means necessary. Giving Anakin a Padawan was not the right way to flesh out his character.

But, this is so off topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom