• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldini

Hayden showing up. Imagine if they did a proper clone wars movie as a Star Wars story with Hayden and McGregor. Probably no chance but one can dream of a decent one with good writing and direction.

That might be the only reason he's there. Why else would he attend? It's weird. If if was this big 40th Anniversary you'd imagine Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor also attending. Hell, McGregor could be the big suprise for an Obi-Wan movie announcement.

Surely it has to be greenlit sometime?

Slaythe

That might be the only reason he's there. Why else would he attend? It's weird. If if was this big 40th Anniversary you'd imagine Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor also attending. Hell, McGregor could be the big suprise for an Obi-Wan movie announcement.

Well he's also the only "big SW actor" whose career led nowhere so he might need the money.

I love the guy though so I hope it's more than this.

He's showing up where ? On a panel today ?

Based on what Haloid's posting I can't work out if I would really love or really REALLY hate attending a con like this. Love Star Wars, hate crowds.

Boem

- The old stars get paid to be there. Quite a lot actually. Plenty of them have been there in years where they weren't in the movies.
- His acting career isn't exactly on fire.
- He might still have fond memories of it all.
- Ewan McGregor always cared less about appearing at events like this, and he doesn't really need the money. If they announce an Obi Wan movie, he'll be there though.

But I really can't see them putting Hayden in one of the movies. At most as a Force Ghost or something small.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think the fact that McGregor doesn't seem to be turning up for this celebration might be a possible pointer that an Obi-Wan spin-off announcement isn't happening any time soon. If they're going to announce the film, I'd imagine the organizers would want him up on stage to get people excited.

I pray I'm wrong, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Star Wars Hype is really the best hype there is. Man, I am so excited for the 40th Anniversary Panel und The Last Jedi.

I really hope we get new Saga Movies announced. Would love to get a gritty Clone Special Unit Movie and one revolving around a X-Wing-Squadron. Or a imperial focused movie.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Whos directing the obi wan spinoff tho?

According to the recent rumours, Gareth Edwards, the director of Rogue One.

In interviews, Edwards has actually talked in the past about how much he'd love to see an Obi-Wan spin-off happen, and how he'd like to see such a film executed, so it seems like a good fit.

marq_roq

Neo Member
Well they had things ok with the lines and then totally shitshowed after handing out wristbands by making us do a lap around the complex to end up in the same starting spot. Fortunately for me I walk fast so I moved up a row or two but people are pissssssssssedd. They better get it together for TLJ.

Well they had things ok with the lines and then totally shitshowed after handing out wristbands by making us do a lap around the complex to end up in the same starting spot. Fortunately for me I walk fast so I moved up a row or two but people are pissssssssssedd. They better get it together for TLJ.

I don't understand how they're fucking everything up so spectacularly.

I'm not there, but I'm reading on twitter that people are rushing and jumping into the line to get wristbands for the 40th that we're not waiting in line.

That's so much shit.

Why didn't they like stamp the people who were in line all night or something. I mean.. simple planning right.

Ontop of that. Is it true they have a second line outside for TLJ panel tomorrow?

That seems amazingly Mis-managed.

I want to go to a celebration, but I'm happy that I'm going to be watch the panels on livestream.

SpaceWolf

Banned
can you imagine the meltdown if no trailer is shown :p

"Good morning. Here's some stormtrooper concept art. There will be no trailer. Please evacuate the auditorium before it's bulldozed into a mini-mall"

vx1TwA5.jpg

I don't know wtf is happening. I am in a line that is supposedly to get a wristband for the overflow but it's not moving at all. No one seems to know what is going on.

According to the recent rumours, Gareth Edwards, the director of Rogue One.

In interviews, Edwards has actually talked in the past about how much he'd love to see an Obi-Wan spin-off happen, and how he'd like to see such a film executed, so it seems like a good fit.
I dont think hes a good fit for character driven movies tbh. Its easily his weakest point as an director.

I'm in the show floor line beside the medical ticket line. Heard about the wristband screwup. That's just messy.

No idea what to do about the TLJ panel. I'll get in line as early as I can but I have no idea where to even go lol

I'm in the show floor line beside the medical ticket line. Heard about the wristband screwup. That's just messy.

What is the screw up exactly, I'm trying to get info. I don't want to be in line for nothing. There are a ton ton of people behind me so is everyone waiting in line for nothing.

Where are you, I'm in some line and they said maybe you get it. But the line almost never moves.

And didn't you stay overnight, how are you not at the front of the line?

I just got into the new queue for people with wrist bands for the Galaxy stage. And I stayed overnight and cleared a wrist band by like 50 people.

No idea what to do about the TLJ panel. I'll get in line as early as I can but I have no idea where to even go lol

What screwup?

What is the screw up exactly, I'm trying to get info. I don't want to be in line for nothing. There are a ton ton of people behind me so is everyone waiting in line for nothing.

People who waited since yesterday got their bands but were then filtered back THROUGH the wristband line and people behind them are now in front =/

Boem

Just saw that Forces for Destiny thing.

I think it's a very fun idea, and I'm not at all opposed to Star Wars things not being aimed at just me, but I just wish the animation was a bit better? Especially since they got the movie actors involved. But since this is a series of youtube shorts with, presumably, a relatively low budget and because I'm not even in the target audience for it I probably shouldn't complain.

Meanwhile Mark is hitting up hospitals in the area. He's close folks.

Also apparently there were a bunch of cutters who rushed in early this morning and was just points in the line and got wristbands.

Seriously should of stamped them or something when they walked in last night and set up camp.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Guys, I'm in. They just showed the trailer. Snoke is jabba (weight watchers). Rey learns that greedo is her dad so she pledges allegiance to kylo for killing her father's killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom