• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS_Dan

Yeah I went last year and didn't know about the wristband system.
I had assumed that they would limit the ticket sales to the point where anyone could attend any event.

Was gutted I missed the Rebels panel.

I didn't bring chairs cause I didn't wanna lug them around I hurt lol.

YIKES. We got the chairs that fold and go into a small bag but we didn't bring them for today, but we're heading back to the hotel after meeting Hayden to recover a bit and shower etc. I think we're coming back around 6-7pm, it's about a 20 minute walk from the hotel so it's not bad.

YIKES. We got the chairs that fold and go into a small bag but we didn't bring them for today, but we're heading back to the hotel after meeting Hayden to recover a bit and shower etc. I think we're coming back around 6-7pm, it's about a 20 minute walk from the hotel so it's not bad.

I'm planning the exact same thing. Told my friend who isn't here for this but wants to queue tonight to go buy chairs lol.

Pineapple

So which is more likely - a trailer for TLJ dropping today during the Anniversary panel, or tomorrow during the Episode VIII panel?

Lmo911

So which is more likely - a trailer for TLJ dropping today during the Anniversary panel, or tomorrow during the Episode VIII panel?

I'm kind of torn. They could drop one of those behind the scenes style videos at one and a trailer at the other. I'm just riding the hype train.

Pineapple

I'm kind of torn. They could drop one of those behind the scenes style videos at one and a trailer at the other. I'm just riding the hype train.

Someone mentioned that there were "leaks" indicating that they would start the Celebration with the trailer at the Anniversary panel today, and then do some behind the scenes stuff during the TLJ panel tomorrow.

Apparently The Force Awakens trailer was revealed a few years ago at the Anniversary panel, so we'll see. The description for the Anniversary panel today - "As is tradition, this marquee Celebration event
will undoubtedly include many not-to-be-missed surprises".

DavidDesu

Someone mentioned that there were "leaks" indicating that they would start the Celebration with the trailer at the Anniversary panel today, and then do some behind the scenes stuff during the TLJ panel tomorrow.

Apparently The Force Awakens trailer was revealed a few years ago at the Anniversary panel, so we'll see.

Yeah that's my thinking. The opening panel is the big opener and what a way to either start it or finish it than give us the most anticipated thing of the whole of Celebration? Yeah a TLJ panel tomorrow at first glance seems like the obvious place but i think they want trailer hype slightly out of the way for that so they can focus on speaking to the actors/director etc. My guess is behind the scenes reel tomorrow, big trailer today for the big opener!

pxleyes

Banned
Reading the last few pages, I'm so glad panels aren't the reason I'm going to Celebration. Pay for a ticket, travel, and hotel just to wait in line for hours for a panel that will be streamed online?

Ozorov

TFA trailer was at the TFA panel.

giphy.gif

Jacce

Banned
Yeah that's my thinking. The opening panel is the big opener and what a way to either start it or finish it than give us the most anticipated thing of the whole of Celebration? Yeah a TLJ panel tomorrow at first glance seems like the obvious place but i think they want trailer hype slightly out of the way for that so they can focus on speaking to the actors/director etc. My guess is behind the scenes reel tomorrow, big trailer today for the big opener!

I am sorry but the "leak" you are commenting on is bunk. It is 100% made up trash. There was no anniversary presentation when TFA trailer was shown. It was shown at the TFA presentation that was advertised as the TFA presentation and only about TFA.. Same last year with Rogue One at Euro Celebration.

The trailer is NOT happening today. This isn't E3.

In all honesty anyone who comes to this thread this afternoon and says nonsense like "No trailer?!?"/"Where was the trailer?" should be banned for not being able to read lol. Sadly it is a forgone conclusion we are going to have pages of people outraged there is no trailer and not understanding the TLJ panel is tomorrow NOT today.

TFA trailer was at the TFA panel.

Bingo.

Apparently The Force Awakens trailer was revealed a few years ago at the Anniversary panel, so we'll see.

It takes all of 10 seconds of googling to see that this isn't accurate lol.

DavidDesu

The Force Awakens panel was the big opening panel of that Celebration was it not? This is the big opening panel. Going to see it today. ;p

They're not going to show the trailer at this panel today, it would suck away a lot of the hype for tomorrow's panel. It wouldn't make any sense either.

The Force Awakens panel was the big opening panel of that Celebration was it not? This is the big opening panel. Going to see it today. ;p

I give up lol

Jacce

Banned
They had an opening panel last year at Celebration. No Rogue One footage. It was saved for the Rogue One panel. They only show footage for panels that are ABOUT that subject. Rebels trailers at Rebels panels...etc. This has been the case for the past few years.

Rian Johnson is not at this panel. It is not happening today. It is a waste of time to even speculate. It is more likely they murder Christensen today as a sacrifice to appease the prequel haters than it is for the TLJ trailer to appear today than it is tomorrow.

If you are only interested in seeing the trailer:
635958231936516055-1412327136_move%20along.gif

And come back tomorrow.

Jacce

Banned
Ok lets honestly bet how many pages in a row soon as the panel closes will we get of people posted in confusion and anger that there was no trailer?

My bet is 3 pages.

Jacce

Banned
Yeah, but that first event was specifically the TFA panel. The opening event today is NOT the TLJ panel.

And last year the Rogue One panel wasn't the opening panel. They saved footage for the Rogue One panel.

It's no use trying to explain this almost tat this point, some will hold on to the foolish hope there is a trailer today no matter how much evidence it is provided that shows it isn't happening.

Tomorrow is TLJ trailer. Saturday is Rebels Season 4 trailer. That's all you need to know folks.

Metalmarc

Hows it going american friends? Here i am almost finishing up my Lunch break at work here in the UK & slightly jealous at you guys, though your queuing system sounds awful, enjoy as im gonna miss the 40th pannel due to finishing work & travelling, hoping to catch a repeat when i get home at 6pm.

you guys are four-five hours behind us in the UK, as i mistimed my work holiday pattern, thinking everything would start at 7pm, until i saw the OP, still trying to learn your timezones, Whoops, next time i'll book half day at work then i'll catch everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom