• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdman

I'm (stupidly) hoping for an announcement and perhaps a trailer for a 4K restoration of the original trilogy...I know, I know...

Jacce

Banned
I'm (stupidly) hoping for an announcement and perhaps a trailer for a 4K restoration of the original trilogy...I know, I know...

Any upcoming 4k release wont be the original. We have got confirmation this year directly from Lucasfilm employees as well as sources from Bill Hunt (well connected guy in the home video circuit at The Digital Bits) that this isn't the works. The Special Editions HAVE been given 4K transfers however.

Whatever and whenever the first 4K release will be will be the special editions.

Waldini

I hope they just announce the Obi-Wan movie. I mean, Ewan wants to do it. Fans want to see it. There have been a shit-ton of rumors. Kathleen Kennedy said they'd wait to see how succesfull the spin-offs would be before announcing anything else. Is there's a spin-off you can do and you know will attract a load of fans ... it's gotta be an Obi-Wan spinoff.

Sanchito

Finally sitting. Got in the Behind the scenes 40th Anniversary line. Also copped a Dave Filoni wristband too. Can't believe they charge to use the WiFi here.

3rdman

Any upcoming 4k release wont be the original. We have got confirmation this year directly from Lucasfilm employees as well as sources from Bill Hunt (well connected guy in the home video circuit at The Digital Bits) that this isn't the works. The Special Editions HAVE been given 4K transfers however.

Whatever and whenever the first 4K release will be will be the special editions.

LALALALA I can't hear you!

I'd be happy with simply an announcement that its in their plans. I've waited this long...

SpaceWolf

Banned
You need that Obi-Wan spinoff announcement.

hqdefault.jpg

Surfinn

Just woke up and read through the thread.. Lol Haloid dude you didn't bring a chair or anything? My back hurts just reading your posts

Seigyoku

Here I sit on my sleeping bag! But I got changed and brushed my teeth and got Filbert into his Anakin Skywalker costume. We are pretty far back in the line for the Celebration stage though due to not knowing if we were leaving for a bit.

BTW the food lines are insane and there is a line for the Pepsi machine.

Looks like there are still wristbands for the last stage, so we morons who got here after 10:30 or so are the real losers ^_^; Oh and BF asked the first guy in line when he lined up: 9 PM Tuesday. So much for dispersing people outside overnight.

I'm being more sceptical this time. A title for Han's film and maybe a BTS sneak peak of them filming is all I think we'll see. With all those returning actors (and probably Lucas, maybe Ford) I don't think new announcements will be the focus.

Obi-Wan would be the dream though.

Boem

Haloid's self-destructive journey reads like it's a teaser for Obi-Wan's desert movie. I'm more invested in this story than in anything the movies have given me so far.

LNBL

What if they have.... 2 trailers! A man can hope.

Happy and excited that we can live stream the panel in a few hours. Really hope Hayden Christensen gets to play some role in any of the upcoming movies, i like him.

Boem

Man, this thread is going to be a salt factory real soon. I have a feeling this will be underwhelming aside from the TLJ trailer.

Honestly I'm not expecting much. Mostly talk about the old movies, with some of the old actors, and the general spiel of how much Star Wars and the fans mean to them. And, of course, remembering Carrie.

If I'm guessing about one tidbit, it'll be the Han Solo title. The timing seems right, given that it comes out in about a year. Maybe Ehrenreich and Glover on stage, or in a pretaped clip or something. No trailer.

And maybe, maybe a new spinoff announcement. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom