• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

Aiii

So not worth it
Who cares that you don't know exactly who every actor is portraying. It doesn't even matter until you're actually watching the film either.

Some people get upset over the weirdest things, it blows my mind.

DieH@rd

Banned
Latest rumor is that John Noble will be playing the villain in Ep VII.
aTSXxIJ.jpg

65447443.gif

Tookay

I could see it happening, because of his association with Abrams, but this particular rumor from an Australian radio station sounds like malarkey.

I mean, when do Australians ever know anything?
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Knowing JJ, we won't find out who the fuck he's playing until the final trailer.

In all seriousness, I really do hope Abrams cools it with his shitty cock tease style of hyping up his films.

Agreed. It's super tiresome at this point.

Noble will play a disgraced Imperial officer who retreated at the Battle of Endor. He forces his son to train, listening to recordings of Palpatine, nonstop for years, giving him no interaction with the outside world, and turning him into the ultimate Sith lord. Finally Noble sends his son to either attack Han and Leia, or infiltrate Luke's Jedi academy. During his mission he meets Luke's niece and while trying to stay undercover he begins to feel attracted to her and it forces him to reconsider his stance to restore the Empire.

If I throw enough of these predictions out there, eventually I'm going to get one right and I'll be able to come back and quote myself and say, "Called it!"

Tugatrix

Noble will play a disgraced Imperial officer who retreated at the Battle of Endor. He forces his son to train, listening to recordings of Palpatine, nonstop for years, giving him no interaction with the outside world, and turning him into the ultimate Sith lord. Finally Noble sends his son to either attack Han and Leia, or infiltrate Luke's Jedi academy. During his mission he meets Luke's niece and while trying to stay undercover he begins to feel attracted to her and it forces him to reconsider his stance to restore the Empire.

If I throw enough of these predictions out there, eventually I'm going to get one right and I'll be able to come back and quote myself and say, "Called it!"

I can live it that, we'll see

mjc

Hmm I rather like this idea.

Noble's defining role was the police chief, or mob boss (I can't really remember) from LA Noire.

Also, in the second movie, when it looks like Noble's son is going to switch sides, something bad happens and disfigures him, leading bleakly into the third movie.

Just send me the check whenever you feel like, Disney.

Tookay

Noble's defining role was the police chief, or mob boss (I can't really remember) from LA Noire.

Also, in the second movie, when it looks like Noble's son is going to switch sides, something bad happens and disfigures him, leading bleakly into the third movie.

Just send me the check whenever you feel like, Disney.

Okay, I'm actually kinda down with your idea.

Monocle

Just the thought of a new villain in Star Wars gives me wood. We really haven't had that moment in a long time. Even Maul, Sidious, etc, were just extensions of the Palpatine "family" and we all knew it at the time.
Come to think of it, Star Wars could use a villain who hasn't come straight from the Evil Team of Evil mold. Not that I don't love me some Sith.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Come to think of it, Star Wars could use a villain who hasn't come straight from the Evil Team of Evil mold. Not that I don't love me some Sith.

Exactly. I'd be curious to see a villain with personal motivations, rather than just being an agent of team evil (sith/empire)

Just the thought of a new villain in Star Wars gives me wood. We really haven't had that moment in a long time. Even Maul, Sidious, etc, were just extensions of the Palpatine "family" and we all knew it at the time.

Watch this be Palpatine's son, into whom his soul will be transferred.

Metalmarc

Don't know if he's been mentioned in this thread yet, not read all 29 pages but one disney regular i wouldn't mind appearing in this trilogy

Johnny Depp

Now, would he be better as a sith or a jedi?

Also considering Gary Oldman was meant to be General Grievous, but couldn't because of the union issue, maybe now he can have a role, preferably on the dark side

Don't know if he's been mentioned in this thread yet, not read all 29 pages but one disney regular i wouldn't mind appearing in this trilogy

Johnny Depp

Also considering Gary Oldman was meant to be General Grievous, but couldn't because of the union issue, maybe now he can have a role, preferably on the dark side

Grievous has the most horrible voice... It ruined the character. This character turned into a chump in episode 3

I really hope the new movies only make tiny references to the old trilogy. That would be far more effective than actually bringing back the old cast. I mean geez, have you seen Hamil recently?

I don't want to see Luke Skywalker looking like Yoda in my SW sequel.

New stories, new people, and no fucking midiwhateverthefucktheyweres!

Cheebo

Banned
I really hope the new movies only make tiny references to the old trilogy. That would be far more effective than actually bringing back the old cast. I mean geez, have you seen Hamil recently?

I don't want to see Luke Skywalker looking like Yoda in my SW sequel.

New stories, new people, and no fucking midiwhateverthefucktheyweres!
There is no way hamill won't be in it. Disney or even said episode VII will continue the story of the skywalker family.

Raiden

Banned

Johnny Depp

This comment just made me realise i have grown to dislike Johnny Depp lately. Depp is always Depp, sometimes a bit crazier and louder but pretty much always with that same tone of voice and his latest films all pretty much suck. And i kinda cringe when i think about him playing a sith or jedi.

Could probably pull a drunken jedi ala Sparrow though.

This comment just made me realise i have grown to dislike Johnny Depp lately. Depp is always Depp, sometimes a bit crazier and louder but pretty much always with that same tone of voice and his latest films all pretty much suck. And i kinda cringe when i think about him playing a sith or jedi.

Could probably pull a drunken jedi ala Sparrow though.

I don't dislike Depp but he is just trying to play Jack Sparrow in every other movie and there way only 1 good Pirates movie anyway.

Depp is shit. He can fuck right off. Dude couldn't play a down to earth character well to save his life. He was a shitty Donnie Brasco.

There I said it.

Depp is shit. He can fuck right off. Dude couldn't play a down to earth character well to save his life. He was a shitty Donnie Brasco.

There I said it.

That's unfortunate because I just heard Johnny Depp is playing the new lead Jedi who falls in love with Han & Leia's daughter (played by Helen Bonham Carter)

There I said it.

Ummm wtf rich coming from a cruise fan. Johnny Depp played straight really good in the 90s.

That guy screams annoying generic blockbuster actor these days. Hell i loved war of the worlds but I couldn't help but thinking a different actor would be better. Him and Depp are on equal typecast footing these days for me

Ummm wtf rich coming from a cruise fan. Johnny Depp played straight really good in the 90s.
The difference is I don't mind Cruise being Cruise. Because Cruise is awesome. Like Liam Neeson is always Liam Neeson, but he's great too. Depp is boring as fuck as a straight-played character.

spootime

I don't think Depps wacky character antics schtick has any place in star wars unless he was a minor character in a cantina or something. Certainly not a main character.

maharg

idspispopd
I knew someone was going to reply to that post with one or more characters who barely spoke a line. At least you put one actual character in there.

I knew someone was going to reply to that post with one or more characters who barely spoke a line. At least you put one actual character in there.

Guess you didn't see attack of the clones? Jango was a major player who talked threw the whole film.

I also don't understand why a character has to talk up a storm to be considered a "character".

Top Bottom