• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

cj_iwakura

All you have to do is get him to grow a beard and then throw a brown robe on him.

Grow one back, you mean.

wc31.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That wasn't a logo. :p

Which is why I was confused, as I don't think the logo itself has ever changed once it was created.

I never said it was.

And that horrific CG logo for Universal showed up the same year as the animated logo for Lucasfilm. Bad times.

B.K.

Yeah guy in his mid 60s who doesnt ever work out, getting back to looking like himself in his 20s in a few months? No big deal. Easy

A few months? They're at least a year, maybe close to a year and a half, from shooting. He's got time to get into better shape.

maharg

idspispopd
Yeah guy in his mid 60s who doesnt ever work out, getting back to looking like himself in his 20s in a few months? No big deal. Easy

You realize he's not playing Luke in his 20s, right?

Anyways, it's not like he's got a 9-5 to prevent him from doing what he has to to look Hollywood ready. He won't be the first or last to do this.

jtb

Banned

He doesn't need to look like he did when he was 20. I mean, he's supposed to be old in the new movies.

inm8num2

Would love a "real" big budget Wing Commander 3 movie. Not that Freddie Prince BS.

So much unfinished potential with that series.

The sad thing is that Chris Roberts wrote and directed the WC film. I'm not sure how much it was influenced by studio/producer involvement, though.

Wing Commander the movie had a Star Wars trailer before it, didn't it? I remember there was a sign at the theatre saying no refunds as people would go for a trailer and then bail since they heard the movie sucked ass.....

May have been the Star Wars special edition trailer? Don't think it was Ep1

Cheebo

Banned

Um who says he should look like he is in his 20's? He just has to look like a in shape 60ish guy. Which is easily doable.

nah. you can't fanfare-ize it. And all that would do is remind people that you're NOT listening to the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

Better to just have no music, or the regular orchestral "When you Wish Upon a Star" playing.

THIS is the kind of granular nerdery I dig in Star Wars threads :)

I think a slimmed down Hamill with a beard could get significant screen time and fit right in.

I don't expect Fisher to get much screen time.

I'm mostly just worried about Harrison Ford at this point. Hans popular enough to get a lot of screen time and old Ford has cheese written all over him.

Cheebo

Banned
I just realized this will be Harrison Fords second movie with JJ Abrams. Abrams wrote and produced Regarding Henry.

600full-regarding-henry-cover.jpg

Is what happens in the opening credits really that important to you geeks? Jesus

This shit is like the easiest driveby potshot.

Is it equally important that you enter a star wars thread on a gaming messageboard on a Friday night to let everyone ELSE know how fucking nerdy they're being? :)

C'mon now.

(that was a long, super-defensive way of answering your question with "yes.")

I just finished Season 3 of the Clone Wars. Second half of that season was pretty damn awesome.

Also, it is gonna be weird seeing the Disney Castle right before the movie starts. I wonder what they are gonna do to make it custom, like they did with Tron and Oz.

tumblr_lmig7lby4n1qbghq4o1_500.gif

tumblr_mijnb2MgDH1qkh06wo1_r2_500.gif

Death Star blowing up the castle. Or instead of the fireworks in the sky as we pull back to the castle, it is ships dodging fire or something.

But, as many have said, I would love it if it was completely silent until the Star Wars fanfare starts, because we know we wont be getting the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

Cheebo

Banned
How likely is it that the new films will involve, well, starfights? I miss that stuff.
All 6 films had those so I would be surprised if there are none (Battle over Naboo in I, Obi-Wan vs. Jango in II, Battle of Coruscant in III, Death Star battle in IV, Han vs. Empire in V, Second Death Star battle in VI.

cj_iwakura

All 6 films had those so I would be surprised if there are none (Battle over Naboo in I, Obi-Wan vs. Jango in II, Battle of Coruscant in III, Death Star battle in IV, Han vs. Empire in V, Second Death Star battle in VI.

True, but I thought the ones in the new trilogy were lacking. They mostly just follow one or two pilots, not entire squadrons like IV and VI's. I love the Battle of Endor.

Cheebo

Banned
They're not going to have Bad Robot logo.

Why not? It's a co-production between Bad Robot & Lucasfilm now per the Abrams press release. They didn't just hire Abrams, they brought aboard Bad Robot as a co-producing studio and Bad Robot's Bryan Burk as producer.

Akahige

Why not? It's a co-production between Bad Robot & Lucasfilm now per the Abrams press release. They didn't just hire Abrams, they brought aboard Bad Robot as a co-producing studio and Bad Robot's Bryan Burk as producer.
shit my bad, completely missed that.

Mariolee

So I was watching a 2013 Carrie Fisher interview with Craig Ferguson, and that led me to a link to a 2007 interview with him where she was INCREDIBLY skinnier.

Crazy how much a person can change in 6 years.

Death Star blowing up the castle. Or instead of the fireworks in the sky as we pull back to the castle, it is ships dodging fire or something.

But, as many have said, I would love it if it was completely silent until the Star Wars fanfare starts, because we know we wont be getting the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

The Disney logo should have the Fox-style searchlights all around the castle, at least.

I don't like that idea at all. Disney's current indent is fantastic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1IfpwJmHd8

Though I probably wouldn't have brought back the original cast, it does have potential. They have to use them sparingly imo and focus the story on new characters.

Cool looking picture:

tumblr_mizrafXttS1qhyhwto1_500.jpg

So I'm not making a new thread for this because of how shitty the source is.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75602

They're reporting Lando has been asked back based on Williams' response to a fan at some convention. Indie wire are even running with this and I have a feelin that soon every movie blog site will be running this highly suspect news.

Yeah, I don't think he's been asked back, or has been talked to.

Here's a question that just occurred to me. We spent a good page or so debating what the logos before the opening credits are going to look like, which was sufficiently nerdtastic and hyper-focused, but we really haven't even tried speculating on what Michael Arndt & Lawrence Kasdan (and JJ Abrams) might be creating for this upcoming series.

Obviously, there's going to be a traditional streak going through the movie (Han, Luke & Leia being a decent example of that) but how wide will that streak be? There's gonna be new ships, I'm sure, and new characters - with new names.

What are the odds the names are going to be as fucking doofy as they were when Lucas was supervising things?

Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Savage Opress
Dexter Jettster
Kit Fisto (Granted, I really like this one)
Yaddle
Count Dooku
General Grievous
Sio Bibble

maharg

idspispopd
I hope they keep making silly names because I think that's a tradition that goes back to the originals. Try to ignore the childhood wonder when considering the names Han Solo, Darth Vader, Skywalker, Boba Fett (sounds like a kind of birthday party), Leia Organa, Grand Moff(!) Tarkin...

Top Bottom