• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

Yeah, because Mike Stoklasa is a real film scholar. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Abrams did watch them - they were pretty popular amongst film nerds of all stripes when they were first released (at least, the Phantom Menace one really got around) but I seriously doubt Abrams learned anything he didn't already know.

I know some of his writers watched those videos, though. So he probably caught em.

That said - obviously watching those videos doesn't automatically mean you're going to avoid making similar storytelling mistakes. Look at the problems with Star Trek & Super 8.

or even Stoklasa's own short films.

I know it's probably unrealistic to expect, but I hope some of the new trilogy gives attention to the more mysterious and frightening aspects of the Star Wars universe. I love the scene in TESB where Luke goes into the cave on Dagobah and fights Vader. I'd like to see the unfriendly underworld of bounty hunters like IG-88. I guess I really just want a Shadows of the Empire movie. The soundtrack for that game really embodies the type of gloomy atmosphere I'd like to see the films at least touch on at times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffgl2FcU4L8

Just rewatched AotC for the first time since I saw it in the cinema. It's not super terrible, outside of the script and a lot of the acting.

...ok it is pretty bad, but there are some good concepts and the basic plot is pretty decent. When can we get remakes of the prequels?

I know it's probably unrealistic to expect, but I hope some of the new trilogy gives attention to the more mysterious and frightening aspects of the Star Wars universe. I love the scene in TESB where Luke goes into the cave on Dagobah and fights Vader. I'd like to see the unfriendly underworld of bounty hunters like IG-88. I guess I really just want a Shadows of the Empire movie. The soundtrack for that game really embodies the type of gloomy atmosphere I'd like to see the films at least touch on at times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffgl2FcU4L8

legendary. one of the best entertainment experiences of my life, bar none. lol @ one of the top comments being about the sewer level and the fuckin dianogas

shira

there is another
iPzrZtBZfu0nT.jpg

We find out who they actually got this Saturday at the Star Wars celebration, don't we?

edit: That scoop says Gosling is being looked at as Luke's kid, not Solo's.

Didn't Gosling say recently he's made way too many movies recently would rather lay low for a couple years? Somethin like that?

Oersted

it's a white men Galaxy except for Lando

I was slightly referring to that ;) . Btw, is atleast one non-white actor confirmed/rumoured?

We find out who they actually got this Saturday at the Star Wars celebration, don't we?

Didn't Gosling say recently he's made way too many movies recently would rather lay low for a couple years? Somethin like that?

Star Wars means money. Hell, even Guiness sold his soul for the sequels.

Yeah I remember that didn't he mention taking a break ?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You guys shouldn't bump this until there's pictures of Mark Hamill and Carrie Fischer in shape again.

NMFried

I'm one hundred percent okay with both Gosling and Efron in Star Wars, though I always thought Efron could be a perfect Marty McFly in a BTTF remake (not that I want one.)

Oersted

Not until now, it's a galaxy it should be diverse, not only in alien races but also at human ethnicities, instead in the hole saga we got only two blacks.

You don´t say ;) . And of course, you are totally right. Atleast some a little bit darker skinned people at fucking Tatooine. That shit always bothered me, it makes no sense whatsoever.

MisterHero

I can see Efron as Luke's kid and Gosling as Han's kid by resemblance, but it sounds like the casting is gonna be backwards.

Top Bottom