• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

Loxley

z8t8Fa8.jpg

Hey, Luke, use da force.

After I noticed that his left eye is about an inch lower on his face than his right eye, I can't un-see it.

Jarmel

Banned
God damn it, I don't want either.

Also how the fuck is Gosling, Luke's kid? Like did Luke nail someone right after the trilogy? We're talking a 30 year gap and Gosling is over 30. He would have been better for Han's brat.

Ugh.

Also how the fuck is Gosling, Luke's kid? Like did Luke nail someone right after the trilogy? We're talking a 30 year gap and Gosling is over 30. He would have been better for Han's brat.

Ugh.

Mara Jade, believe! J/k I hope they have Luke get rid of the no marriage/love bullshit. Who the fuck wanted to be a jedi after hearing they have to remain celibate?

Ugh.

You realize they're actors, right? Gosling is perfectly equipped to play anyone in their 20s.

ehhhhhh wtf. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd probably prefer Efron in here over Gosling.

Shit choices though.

How is Ryan Gosling a shit choice? Or hell, for that matter, Zac Efron?

You rating their acting skills, or you rating their fanbases? Because their fanbases aren't gonna be in the movie.

We find out who they actually got this Saturday at the Star Wars celebration, don't we?

edit: That scoop says Gosling is being looked at as Luke's kid, not Solo's.

Didn't Gosling say recently he's made way too many movies recently would rather lay low for a couple years? Somethin like that?

There is always big star wars reveals at Celebration and that is this weekend, but Disney might be holding out for their own show for movie news.

Rumors are that we will see some of the first info about Star Wars Rebels series at Celebration though.

Zeliard

I'd be totally on board with Gosling. As far as Efron, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen him in anything, so I'll take a wait-and-see approach there.

Hey guys, I just paid a doctor. Now I'm a doctor.
Maybe if Lucas was a Cameron. But he's no Cameron.

*slow clap*

That's not the worst analogy I've seen, but it has to be in the top five. You're either extraordinarily bitter about how the prequels turned out, or you're trolling at a transcendent level.

jett

D-Member
I'd be totally on board with Gosling. As far as Efron, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen him in anything, so I'll take a wait-and-see approach there.

He makes clichéd romantic crap. I don't think he has ever been in anything remotely challenging from an acting perspective. I'd consider him serviceable at best.

Blader

He makes clichéd romantic crap. I don't think he has ever been in anything remotely challenging from an acting perspective. I'd consider him serviceable at best.

Wasn't he in that Orson Welles movie?

He wasn't the interesting part of it though :lol

BigFwoosh

Also hidden in this article:

But that is not all! As I mentioned before Leonardo DiCaprio was up for a role in Star Wars but passed. He passed because he wants to do a project that is being developed and that project is…

“Robotech”
If that turns out to be true... I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

Wow, jett, love agreeing with you from time to time!

Gosling is... I dunno. I like the guy, but I've never seen him in anything that really made me impressed by him as an actor.

Zeliard

Gosling is... I dunno. I like the guy, but I've never seen him in anything that really made me impressed by him as an actor.

Ever see Lars and the Real Girl? He was exceptional there, in a very difficult performance. He was also strong in films like The Believer and Half-Nelson. He has very nice range and it would be fun to see him try his hand at Star Wars.

Clevinger

Ever see Lars and the Real Girl? He was exceptional there, in a very difficult performance. He was also strong in films like The Believer and Half-Nelson. He has very nice range and it would be fun to see him try his hand at Star Wars.

Yeah, I'm hoping this rumor is true.

I haven't seen Efron in much of anything though, so I have no idea about him.

I like the choices to be honest. Efron could be really good. We just don't know it yet because of the movies he's been in so far. Everyone has to start somewhere. This will be his big chance. Gosling is awesome.

inm8num2

I actually like Efron as Han and Leia's kid.

But Gosling. That guy is overrated. I'm sorry. He's great in movies like Half Nelson and Blue Valentine, but he doesn't have a lot of range.

Hate the Gos!

No! But that's interesting. I'm always open to eating crow.

I haven't seen Efron in much of anything though, so I have no idea about him.

I see Efron as a manufactured product aimed at young girls, which would be distracting in the Star Wars universe. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential as an actor, but IMO he has yet to break out of that shell.

Dali

I actually like Efron as Han and Leia's kid.

But Gosling. That guy is overrated. I'm sorry. He's great in movies like Half Nelson and Blue Valentine, but he doesn't have a lot of range.

Hate the Gos!
What? Gosling has range. His movie roles betray his range but he comes across as completely interchangeable with gyllenhal in any role. You know.... Bubble boy.

Blader

Gosling is a pretty great actor but I feel like he'd be too distracting of a choice for something like Star Wars.

Half Nelson

amnesiac

I'm sure Efron can act but his reputation is bad enough for him NOT to be in Star Wars. Seriously, has he ever been in a good movie?

I think Ryan Gosling is a great actor, but it would be odd seeing him in Star Wars.

I'm sure Efron can act but his reputation is bad enough for him NOT to be in Star Wars. Seriously, has he ever been in a good movie?

I think Ryan Gosling is a great actor, but it would be odd seeing him in Star Wars.

He'll just give everyone the stare through out the movie before saying one word. Then goes to slice up some baddies violently.

inm8num2

What? Gosling has range. His movie roles betray his range but he comes across as completely interchangeable with gyllenhal in any role. You know.... Bubble boy.

Gosling's range spans from slightly nasal and mopey to extremely nasal and mopey. :p

He's a good actor, but I just can't see him in a SW film or as Batman. Then again nobody thought Ledger would turn out to be such a great Joker.

Fuck it, I'm a believer now. BRING ON THE GOS.

Top Bottom